Sencha Jade Reserve

Green Tea
Grass
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Teavana

This extra fine Japanese cultivar is gently steamed to release the light & complex green tea sweetness. Most popular as an everyday delight, but elevated by the discerning selection of artful cylindrical leaves which infuse the fresh green taste of an early Spring harvest in each & every cup.

Fresh, sweet, vegetal infusion.

About Teavana View company

Sorry I’ve been rather absent the past couple of days! I have been drinking tea but I’ve been super busy and so I haven’t bothered to do backlogs because I quite honestly can’t remember how most of the teas I’ve drank have tasted.

I’ve been feeling rather under the weather today (blame it on exhaustion) and I was in the mood for something light and fresh. This is one of the teas I picked up at Teavana and I decided to brew it up.

This is nice! It’s light and fresh, and as it cools more and more the sweetness of it really starts to come out more. It’s a fresh sweetness, like spring air. Not floral but rather…… bright. If that makes any sense. I’m not too familiar with senchas but I am enjoying this one! It’s not something I’d repurchase but I will enjoy it while I have it.

(ALSO, I think I’m going to start rating teas again. I know that I only recently said I would stop but my point of view has changed a little and I’ve realized that rating teas is kind of fun! I think Steepster will be for rating teas and my actual tea review blog (which I have yet to start :P I’m trying!) will be for focusing primarily on taste)

ScottTeaMan

I like rating the teas Ian. Sometimes, it is easy to decide on a number, & sometimes I feel like, “What’s the difference if I rate this tea a 75 or a 77.” A specific rating is fun for me, and a specific number gives me something to look back on. It is a reference point, or a snapshot in time, aiding me-and reminding me (along with my review), as to why, or how much I like a tea. :))

Drunk From Tea

^——— agreeed.

Having another cup of this tonight after getting home from a long day. Absolutely delicious.

So I was craving something other than coffee today and, since I’ve been downing all of my other tea for the past week, I decided to get this one out to try again.

I’m really happy with the way it turned out! I actually set a timer and went a little less than 45 seconds for steeping, and I waited until the water cooled down for about 7-10 minutes after boiling so it wouldn’t burn the tea. It turned out delicious!

It actually reminds me of the Gyokuro Imperial also by Teavana, although this is obviously much cheaper ($11 cheaper) and I wouldn’t mind sticking to this when I can’t get the Gyokuro. :) Very happy with the turnover! Upped the rating a considerable amount!

This is a very summery green tasting sencha. It has a nice vegetal aroma, but the taste is a balance of grassy and a collard green like vegetal. However, there is a little bit of bitterness to it, but it’s energizing as well. Overall I do like it quite a bit and it has a very healthful feel to it. However, as with just about anything Teavana, you could get better, cheaper elsewhere.

Oh, and on a side note plain tart frozen yogurt bring out the flavor any decent sencha and makes it taste that much better. Yummmm!

I bought this at the Heavenly sale at Teavana, and what a steal! Sencha Jade Reserve, the dry leaves, are a dark green with a lovely light earthy scent. The brewed tea is completely clear and a light yellow, and the taste is very fresh and vegetal. This is a wonderful green tea if you’re a green tea lover!

So grassy, so good! No fannings at all. Best sencha I’ve had so far.

Fresh, clean vegetal taste— just your typical sencha.

Its OK, still havent found a green tea that I absolutely love but this is the best ive found so far