Darjeeling de Triomphe

Edit tea info Last updated by Cheryl

From Teavana

Glasses lifted high in moments of celebratory triomphe- the inspiration for this most coveted ‘champagne of teas.’ Refreshingly young black tea leaves, featuring vibrant gradients of green colors yield a high content of silvery tips and buds. Each and every single leaf is scrutinized for purity in taste and features a harvest of the first flush of leaves from six of our bountiful private reserve tea gardens. Taste a floral aromatic sweet ending with each sip of this victorious creme de la creme of Darjeelings. SFTGFOP-1

Light bodied infusion with crisp floral undertones

About Teavana View company

After purchasing during the 75% off sale, I’m finally tasting this again. Generally, I’ve not been a big fan of black teas, but Darjeeling de Triomphe is one of a couple of greener black teas that have me rethinking tea colors. The leaves look really green and the brew is sparklingly light not unlike the color of champagne. One of my issues with black tea is that it stains my teeth so much. I drink a lot of tea! So that’s an issue for me. Darjeeling de Triomphe doesn’t taste like a run-of-the-mill black tea either. The aroma is muscatel, fruity and slightly floral. The taste is similar, but with a tad of bitterness if you over steep. “Muscatel” is an interesting flavor as far as I’m concerned. There is a fine line between an almost spicy musk and musty like socks. Second infusion was just as flavorful as the first. I want to try it iced.

A tea certainly for the few! At 20$ an oz its too expensive but understandable since its does have the exact flavors as described: Floral, a bit astringent, and lightly muscatel.

I loved it, especially since it was on sale today at 75% off the original price!

I picked this up today with my 30% off starbucks discount :D

I’ve become a bigger fan of black teas over the past few months so I picked this one up. I brewed it at the recommended time and temp with a little german rock sugar.
the color was way lighter than any black tea I’ve ever had,looking closer to a green tea. the initial taste was very light and tasted more like a black tea/green tea mix than a dark black like I was expecting. it was very flowery and maybe a little hint of oat. I was a little disappointed as I was expecting a dark strong tasting black tea whereas all the flavors of this tea are all very subtle but I grew to enjoy it during the following cups.
this is my first experience with any sort of darjeeling. Overall I liked it but I will try experimenting with it more with different steep times or maybe icing it before deciding to try it again.

Marcel Duchamp

Do you get discounts at teavana with a starbucks employee discount?

A nice, light black tea. The aroma of the dry leaves is woodsy and sweet, and that’s basically the flavor of the brewed tea. This is one of the very few black teas I’ll drink in the evening; the caffeine doesn’t affect me as strongly as other blacks, and the flavor is very soothing. No matter how hard you brew it, it’s virtually impossible to get a bitter or astringent brew.

I’m not personally a tea sweetener, but the honey notes in a first brew of this tea would probably go well with a little unpasteurized honey if straight tea isn’t your thing.

A solid choice, but unremarkable. I’ll be waiting for Teavana’s Heavenly Sale before I buy any more, because good though it is, it isn’t worth the $20 / 2oz price.

Cold steeped for 24 hours in a Mason jar.

A very light infusion, the leaves ended up looking green rather than black.

The aroma was quite earthy, I have to confess I didn’t detect any floral tones to it. Reminded me a strong black tea one of my Irish aunts used to brew until you could stand a spoon in it. Makes sense I suppose!

I drank it unsweetened and it was perfectly drinkable – quite subtle for a black tea, with no real tannic afterkck to it. I agree with a previous reviewer, there was a nutty texture to it, but if I left it on the tip of my tongue there was a metallic tinge to it, almost bitter.

I bet some sugar and lemon would have made this liptonesque (supposed to be a compliment), but I am trying to do this the healthy way!

Not a bad cold drink on a hot day, not sure I would buy again though.

I will update the second steep tomorrow!

Backlog:

Because of my severe dislike for Teavana as a company, I really wanted to hate this tea, but I couldn’t. It’s actually a really nice Darjeeling. However, is it good enough to justify the high price tag on it? No. There are many excellent Darjeeling teas out there – better than this – for less than what Teavana is selling this one for.

This is a blend of six teas from six different estates. Nothing really all that exceptional about that. It’s a first flush, so I didn’t expect a lot of muscatel with this Darjeeling, and I didn’t get it. At least I wasn’t disappointed. Nice floral tones and a clean finish.

It’s good, but there are many Darjeelings out there that are better than this one, so I can’t recommend it, nor can I give it a high rating because I feel like it just isn’t worth the price.

I was afforded an opportunity to try this by another tea loving colleague. It is the second Darjeeling I have ever had, and is very different from the first – the New Moon Darjeeling from The Tea Spot. Where the New Moon was close to a typical black tea in flavor, this was on the oolong/green end of the tea flavor spectrum. This had a distinctly floral and subtly sweet flavor during all three times I steeped it, and an aroma to match. The dry leaves looked light green and yellow, and the wet leaves were more distinctly light green. The liquor was a light golden color.

I am glad I got to try it, broadening my Darjeeling experience. I couldn’t help but get the sense there was some sort of flavor enhancement in it. Otherwise it was surprisingly flavorful for any tea I’ve had.

Pretty nice tea! The regular price is a bit much- about $20 per ounce, but to get it on sale makes it worth it. Very delicate flavors, but great caramel notes and fruity notes in there. My best experience with this tea is only 3 steeps, all at 175 degrees, cold spring water being brought to proper temperature. I steeped it 2 minutes, then 215, then 230. After that, it develops a slight bitterness. Overall, a good, subtle tea that compliments a nice meal or cigar!

A weaker darjeeling, almost a green flavour. Overpriced, likely wouldn’t purchase again. I did enjoy it though, and will savour each cup I drink—if only because it would be too fiscally irresponsible to spend so much on it again.