Darjeeling de Triomphe

Edit tea info Last updated by Cheryl

From Teavana

Glasses lifted high in moments of celebratory triomphe- the inspiration for this most coveted ‘champagne of teas.’ Refreshingly young black tea leaves, featuring vibrant gradients of green colors yield a high content of silvery tips and buds. Each and every single leaf is scrutinized for purity in taste and features a harvest of the first flush of leaves from six of our bountiful private reserve tea gardens. Taste a floral aromatic sweet ending with each sip of this victorious creme de la creme of Darjeelings. SFTGFOP-1

Light bodied infusion with crisp floral undertones

About Teavana View company

Pretty nice tea! The regular price is a bit much- about $20 per ounce, but to get it on sale makes it worth it. Very delicate flavors, but great caramel notes and fruity notes in there. My best experience with this tea is only 3 steeps, all at 175 degrees, cold spring water being brought to proper temperature. I steeped it 2 minutes, then 215, then 230. After that, it develops a slight bitterness. Overall, a good, subtle tea that compliments a nice meal or cigar!

A weaker darjeeling, almost a green flavour. Overpriced, likely wouldn’t purchase again. I did enjoy it though, and will savour each cup I drink—if only because it would be too fiscally irresponsible to spend so much on it again.

Drinkable but nothing spectacular. It has nice florals both before brewing and after, and interesting color but the second steep seemed a bit bitter. I was expecting better structure in the leaf and not so much stem and small bits. This will be the afternoon pick me up tea, not my first choice.