Thai Mountain Oolong

Oolong Tea
Butter, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by Niemat

From Teavana

Cultivated at a heavenly 3,900 feet in one of the highest elevation tea gardens in Thailand, this majestic harvest breathes mountain-fresh floral notes of orchid, lily and wildflowers into our prized oolong to create the distinctive creamy-smooth flavor. Hand-picked and rolled with delicate precision, these high-grade tea leaves, raised in fog and clouds, elevate this mountain mix to soaring heights.

Creamy and smooth throughout with a soft floral finish.

Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to just before boiling (195 degrees/90 degrees Celsius) and steep for 3 minutes. For stronger flavor, use more tea leaves. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

- from the Teavana website

About Teavana View company

This tea steeped smelled of spinach croissants! Bright orchid, jasmine notes and a crisp vegetal note. A memory of milk oolong comes out for me here with that buttery pastry quality. On the second steep the vegetal qualities were a bit more harsh and the floral notes were passing.

27 down – 473 to go!

This is a great tea. I steeped it three times and the flavor was strong with each steep. It’s very smooth and perfect for any time of day. Relaxing and invigorating at the same time.

I drink oolong teas regularly and this is one of the better ones I’ve had. It has a nice sweet aroma that you can taste while drinking. The flavour is somewhat “creamy” but to a lesser degree than a milk oolong. This tea has a strong but also smooth flavour when brewed correctly (I once left the leaves in my teamaker for too long and the taste was a little too bitter for my liking).

This tea is expensive but I almost always get 3 cups out of the same leaves, on one occasion I was even able to get 4 cups! Worth the price in my opinion.

On a side note, the leaves look really neat once they’ve opened up!

Even though Teavana no longer sells this I have to say this is a really good tea I love oolongs espicially yummy creamy ones. The only disappointment is that it’s so overpriced!

Flavors: Butter, Cream

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the creamy flavor that comes through in this tea. When I read the description, I was thought, seriously? Creamy? But it’s there! The end result is a very smooth, very palatable tea that I would definitely recommend to others.