Rooibos Tropica

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Citrus, Fruity, Green, Jasmine, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by denisend

• “Received this one as part of the blissful moments tea of the month club. This is a mix of dried/candied fruit pieces with red and green rooibos. The dry tea smells very much like sweet candy,...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 852 tasting notes
  • “Oh! Oh! Oh! So I cold-steeped the last of this. Unholy artificial citrus horror would sum it up quite well. I’m dropping this from an indifferent 55 to a near-objectionable 30 for the sheer...” Read full tasting note
    annapocalyptic 303 tasting notes
  • “Another Teavana tea of the month for March. (Hmm. Wonder when April’s teas will show up?) And another I would not have selected were it not a tea of the month club offering. Confession...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes
  • “sample sipdown from fiddling! (285) this is a totally uninteresting boring rooibos to me. sure it’s got some fruity aspects going on but over all it’s like that friend you have where...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 6839 tasting notes

From Teavana

A flavorful and amazingly fragrant blend of Green and Red Rooibos, strawberry, peach, sunflower and cornflower petals, and orange peel.
Rooibos Tropica also makes a delicious and healthy gourmet iced tea. Just double the amount of tea you use and pour over ice.

How to Prepare
Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 208 degrees and steep tea for 5-6 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Red and green Rooibos, strawberry and peach pieces, sunflower and blue cornflower petals, and lemon and orange peels.

This tea blends well with:
Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls Green Tea
Silver Needle White Tea
Mate Lemon Blast Herbal Tea

About Teavana View company

This tea smells wonderful! Even when you brew it it smells good. It’s a sweet and floral scent. The flavor though I think is a little weird. I’m not a huge fan of green rooibos because I feel it tastes a bit like hay. Not that I would know what hay tastes like but it tastes like the smell. (Just had to put that out there. Didn’t want anyone thinking I was eating hay).

Minus the hay taste it is quite good. I love the tropical notes of mango. Also Love the rose buds in the dry tea! So pretty! Good hot or cold. I’m drinking mine lukewarm at the moment.

This tea is okay… The dry leaf is nice, though the cut-off rosebuds remind me of Morticia Addams cutting off the roses in the Addams Family movie. The taste is another thing. It definitely tastes tropical… More of an upscale tropical-type feeling though, not the normal “tropical punch” flavor. The sweet, red cold medicine flavor of the rooibos comes through, and its fine, but probably not a blend I’d buy again. I’ll save it for when I’m sick and can appreciate it.

Steep Information:

Dry Leaf Smell: militiajim: caramel amazonv: floral
Steeped Tea Smell: citrus, floral, vaguely fruity
Flavor: lemony, fruity, dry
Body: Light
Aftertaste: citrus for a moment
Liquor: translucent reddish brown

Thank you SoccerMom for this gift.

I have a head cold and have slept through the past two days entirely. I hate wasting vacation to sleep but I didn’t have much choice. As a result I can’t hear, smell or taste very well and I’m woozy. So take this review with that in mind. Usually we prepare this with sugar and jasmine pearls. Being sick i was not in the mood to fuss with anything, nor to have caffeine so I decided to try this plain. MilitiaJim made it for me so I didn’t sneeze on it.

The tea had a lot of particulate in it – not a bad thing, just a note, we were using a mesh wire infuser basket.

I enjoy this more with sweetener and the jasmine pearls, but I think it might just as well be improved by sweetener and iced.

Post-Steep Additives: none

Resteep: too tired to try

Rating: 2/3

Yum!! This tea is really delicious and refreshing. I bet it would taste great iced, too!

I added a little bit of Teavana’s South African Rooibos to it, too, and it makes the fruitiness a little bit more subtle. I also like the flavor the red rooibos adds to this. (The summary of this tea says there’s red rooibos in it already, but the bag it came in says there’s only green. Hmm.)

Anyway, this is exactly what I didn’t even know I was in the mood for today!

Home with a bug today, so I wanted something caffeine-free. The dry rooibos smells primarily of strawberry, but once infused, scents of peach and citrus notes really develop. I added a bit of rock sugar while infusing which helped to enhance the fruitiness. This is tart with a sweetness, warming and comforting. A good choice.

This makes for a delicious iced tea. Hot as well. It’s almost a mix between an oolong and a green. Just the right hint of citrus. I’ll be getting more, since it’s fairly cheap as well.

Flavors: Citrus, Fruity, Green, Jasmine, Sweet

Pretty eehhhhhh, tastes like a dozen other fruity teas. Could potentially add a bit of a boost to an iced tea blend, perhaps. Teavana tends to use it as a filler with their more expensive teas to create upsellable blends (ie: Jasmine Dragon Pearls), but the overly fruity flavor drags any pairing into a back alley and unsubtly does away with it.

Boiling 8 min or more 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

BLENDED w/Jasmine Dragon Pearls (green, Teavana). Not as strong of a flavor as I thought it would be, though I used less tea than I normally do; typically, I double the suggested amount but this time I used only as much as the brewing instructions said. Specifically, since this is a blend, I put 1 tsp Rooibos Tropica, 1 tsp Jasmine Dragon Pearls, and 16 oz water.

This was a present from my sister, for my last birthday I believe. I’ve been trying to finish it for a while now, but haven’t really been able to drink it. The smell is just very offputting. I don’t really know what it is about it… It kinda reminds me of Neocitran? With other fruity scents in there. The taste itself isn’t nearly so strong, which is good. I think this is the only blend I’ve tried with green rooibos, so I don’t know if that contributes. Sort’ve fake lemon taste, though without any tang or sourness. Other fruit as well, faintly—kinda reminds me of cranberries. That’s about all I get.
Didn’t want to give it a proper rating, because even though I’ve finally finished it, I still don’t know what to think of it.

This makes a pretty tasty iced tea, but isn’t super special. Like all of my other Teavana tea, I got it during a 75% off sale, which is the only thing that really makes this one worth it. It was dirt cheap, but not particularly special. I will enjoy using it up, and perhaps pick it up again if it is on sale again at a later date.