Earl Grey Creme

Vanilla, Cream, Orange Zest, Tannin
Edit tea info Last updated by SJBP

• “Compared to the Earl Grey from Lupicia, I think that this one is less well balanced when by itself. I like to use 2 tsp. of this with 1 tsp. of the French Vanilla Assam (from 52teas) in 500 ml....” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 766 tasting notes
  • “*Michelle* packed a potent packet of this in a pouch of precious prizes (sorry---y'all know me and alliterations). Wordplay notwithstanding, I think this is my favorite EG blend to date. Heavy on...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1625 tasting notes
  • “Decupboarding this now because I've only got about a teaspoon left, so if I don't do it now, I'll forget to :) Last night I coldbrewed this in the fridge. I don't think I've ever done that with...” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes
  • “Made a gallon of this iced using the hot brew method:1TBSP to 16oz hot water and then chilled it overnight. I've been trying to "use up" this tea, as it was the first I bought, and I've found much...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes

From Teavana

A smooth and rich combination of classic Earl Grey black tea and Bergamot oil with a touch of dairy-free creaminess coming from the vanilla pieces and cream flavoring added.

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 195-205 degrees and steep tea for 2-3 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.
Ingredients:
Traditional blend of Earl Grey black tea with bergamot oil, blue cornflowers, vanilla pieces and cream flavoring (dairy-free). (by Oolonga)

Ingredients from the envelope label: Black tea, natural & artificial flavoring, marigold petals. (By SJBP)

About Teavana View company

Not a big Earl Grey fan, but this was subtle enough that it didn’t overwhelm my taste. I’m not particularly good with caffeine, and I found myself a tad jumpy after a couple cups of this. Definitely good in a travel mug to start your day off.

michelle c

Cream of Earl Grey by DT is better than this sounds, have you tried it? It’s also medium caffeine (I’m sensitive too & don’t mind it). I mixed half & half of it with regular DT earl grey & that was awesome.

I picked this one up a few months ago while browsing for a gift for my mom. I’ve had an odd fixation with Twinings Earl Grey the past year and I thought I’d indulge my taste buds with this fellow.

I’d be interested in seeing how it differs from other EG Cremes as other reviews say that the bergamot is particularly strong. I don’t think it’s THAT strong although you can taste it.

Not a bad cup of tea by any means. The creaminess makes it almost seem that milk is present although I never put milk in my EG. Yummy.

A nice change.

I really enjoyed this tea. I was afraid the vanilla would be too much, but it is just right. It almost has a just a hint of chocolate to me. Good balance. I used 1 1/2 tsp for 16 oz and steeped twice.

I have to agree with one of the tasters bellow. Lupecia does seem to have a upper hand with their Earl Grey. I can’t put my finger on it but it seemed a touch less bitter. Maybe it was of a better harvest? Still not bad and has a nice twist on a classic.

Good morning, I prove the tea and taste very good, the flavor of bergamot is presence with the black tea and vainilla, is smooth.

Brewed as per instructions, steeping for 2 minutes. Smells nice, not really creamy, though, as other Earl Grey creams I’ve had. I was expecting something richer smelling. When I drink black teas, I’ve always added milk, so to have this without will be an adventure! Enjoyable, leaves slightly acidic aftertaste in the back of the throat. Would not brew this for more than 2 minutes to have on it’s own with out milk.
With Milk – Brewed as per instructions, steeping for 3 minutes. Richer flavour than a regular Earl Grey, but still not as creamy as I was hoping. Overall, a nice tea, but fails to meet my expectations for a Cream Earl Grey.
Looking into this a bit, I found that Teavana has changed the recipe recently, and the mix no longer has the blue cornflower petals in it. Many people on their website are showing their disappointment with it.

Everything an Early Grey should be — creamy with a hint of bergamot and a smooth finish. Delicious!

A little bit of a disappointment. Not because that this is a bad tea, but because I discovered that I do not like bergamot. I’m surprised, because I recall having tried an EG a long time ago and liking it, but I guess tastes change.

I remember really liking this tea, but it’s just way too pricey. Plus, the Teavana staff is obnoxiously upselling constantly, AND they don’t know how to prepare this tea so I’m constantly disappointed when I ask for a cup of it (the only thing I can really afford on any given visit these days), even when I specify that I want it with a lot of milk and sugar. They’re a little stingy with both. As much as I used to really love this tea, it’s not worth the money. Besides, since the company has recently been bought out, my past experience tells me that soon enough, the product will not be the same one I really liked before… not like I had any plans of going back to Teavana anymore. Sigh. I just ordered the Adagio Teas “knockoff”/copy-cat of this flavor (at about half the price per unit), and I’m hoping it’s pretty good, too.

This review is for the newer version of this tea – my bag has yellow flower petals instead of blue cornflowers, and I have a feeling they’ve changed the flavoring, too. This one really isn’t for me, despite my general positivity toward citrus/bergamot flavors.

I really can’t explain what I didn’t like, but I’ll try. I had a cup of this every morning for about a week. The first time it was alright – a very, very light, almost weak earl grey, with a pretty obvious vanilla flavoring. It was pretty smooth, but any “creaminess” was due more to a lack of body than a real texture. So I thought maybe I needed to change my steeping parameters.

I steeped the next few cups a bit longer, but that increased the vanilla flavor, and even made it taste and smell artificial. Adding more tea leaves just made it bitter. At that point, I couldn’t even bring myself to drink a version of this made with my original amount and steeping parameters. It’s a huge shame since I have a full ounce left. The sales people always make it sound like 25 cups of tea is nothing! But that’s really not true if you don’t like the tea…