Earl Grey Creme

Black Tea, Marigold Petals, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Bergamot, Citrus, Creamy, Earth, Honey, Vanilla, Chocolate, Cream, Wet Earth, Floral, Perfume, Smooth, Butter, Tannic, Anise, Tannin, Orange, Astringent, Sour, Drying, Earl Grey, Gardenias, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Teavana

A smooth and rich combination of classic Earl Grey black tea and Bergamot oil with a touch of dairy-free creaminess coming from the vanilla pieces and cream flavoring added.

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 195-205 degrees and steep tea for 2-3 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.
Traditional blend of Earl Grey black tea with bergamot oil, blue cornflowers, vanilla pieces and cream flavoring (dairy-free). (by Oolonga)

Ingredients from the envelope label: Black tea, natural & artificial flavoring, marigold petals. (By SJBP)

About Teavana View company

Had a few ounces of this from teavana. Sounded really good, but it didn’t live up to what I thought it would be. Cream flavor was weak, but still overcame the bergamot.

Flavors: Bergamot, Cream, Tannic

This tea is delicious. I don’t even really like that word, but it fits in this situation. I have kind of found myself in an Earl Grey rabbit hole in the last couple weeks. I went from never trying Earl Grey and assuming that it’s not for me to liking 3 different Earl Grey teas and purchasing quite a bit of it. Bergamot is not my favorite, but it’s nice when it’s subtle, or, in this case, mixed with other flavors. It combines very nicely with the vanilla. I’m not sure which black tea is used for this tea, but it is extremely smooth, which helps to make that bergamot/vanilla combination even more enjoyable. I know Teavana is pretty much the Starbucks of tea, and they’re often overpriced, but I must say, I like quite a few of their teas. Sorry I’m not sorry. :P

I’ve found quite a few Teavana teas that I myself enjoy. No shame in enjoying different teas! Not everything needs to be top-notch brand quality. :P

Absolutely! I really like a lot of Teavana teas…I just don’t always like their prices. I have found comparable teas for quite a bit cheaper, and teas of slightly lower quality that I’ll purchase more often because they are more reasonably priced. :)

I love this tea with a little milk. I drink in my grandmother’s bone china cup and saucer and feel like I’m going back in time. Fairly strong black tea. Bergamot and anise is there but subtle. One of my favorite.

Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I get in my moods sometimes and enjoy Earl Grey. However this tea is just not something I enjoy at all. My sister-in-law purchased an entire tin of it. Yuck. Stay away.

I was looking for a creamy earl grey (something a little more mild, or at least something with a bergamot that felt less like a spray of perfume in my mouth) but had been disappointed with Adagio (whose cream tasted artificial to me…) I’m not entirely sure that this exactly qualified — it isn’t entirely creamy on its own, at least to me, because there is definitely a gumdrop-y flavor going on in this tea. At first, it actually put me off; having bought two ounces of tea, however (and it’s mostly leaves, so it came out to being a LOT of tea) I felt obligated to drink it. At around my third cup, I started to really enjoy it. Half and half and some brown sugar is my favorite combination, also I recommend mixing it with Teavana’s Honeybush Vanilla to make it a little more mild. I also felt a bit daring and threw a little in with my DAVIDsTEA Blueberry Jam, and it gave it a nice little edge.

Flavors: Anise, Bergamot, Tannin, Vanilla

5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

I may be one of the few people who really aren’t a fan of Teavana teas. Sadly, this one was lacking for me, too.
I like a strong black tea with natural flavors, and all of the teas I have tried have a sadly overpowering flavor. The black teas of theirs I have tried are pretty lackluster, especially considering the price. Sadly, I have never found one I have liked.
I’d suggest trying Upton Tea’s Earl Gray Creme. I find it superior to this one.

Running out of this was seriously heartbreaking ok. The best tea I’ve ever had, without a doubt. I could buy a mountain of this. I am in love with a good london fog tea.

Flavors: Bergamot, Creamy, Vanilla

One of the first teas that I’ve ever had. Its aroma is of a light earl grey with a hint of citrus (not as much as a lady grey) and sweetness. I don’t taste the citrus in the brew, but the creaminess comes through and creates a smooth, refreshing liquor that does not need milk or sugar to enjoy. Definitely a favorite and relatively cheap for something from Teavana.

Flavors: Cream, Orange, Vanilla

I was embarrassed the other day when looking at my cupboard and discovered how many of those teas I haven’t reviewed yet. My problem is that I usually put fairly cryptic notes in a spreadsheet, and after I’ve tried a tea a few times I try to clean up the prose and write it up for steepster. Unfortunately, teas often fall through the cracks. This tea is a poster child for my poor work habits. I am finally sipping down an old, reliable friend.

I’m usually lukewarm on Earl Grey teas, but find the added vanilla to be the perfect touch. The tea is strong, yet creamy. None of the flavors are overdone: you can easily taste the tea, the Bergamot, and the vanilla. The result, however, is more than the sum of the parts.

Don’t worry about the prose. You can generally communicate what needs to be said in three or four well-considered adjectives :)

Thank you to Kyla for sharing this tea with me! I love classic Earl Grey and I’m also a pretty big fan of vanilla-flavored tea. So (in theory at least) a cream Earl Grey should be the perfect blend for me. But this is the third one I’ve tried and I really haven’t loved any of them. For some reason, the flavors never quite meld right for me. The bergamot in this one is strong and assertive and combined with the vanilla, it just makes it taste like the vanilla has somehow gone sour. It also has a fair bit of astringency to it, but it mellows nicely with a splash of milk. I think I will be passing this one on to another Earl Grey loving friend. Still grateful for the opportunity to try it, though!

Flavors: Astringent, Bergamot, Cream, Sour, Vanilla