Earl Grey Creme

Black Tea, Marigold Petals, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Bergamot, Creamy, Vanilla, Cream, Orange, Astringent, Sour, Drying, Earl Grey, Gardenias, Floral, Flowers, Smooth, Orange Zest, Tannin
High
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Teavana

A smooth and rich combination of classic Earl Grey black tea and Bergamot oil with a touch of dairy-free creaminess coming from the vanilla pieces and cream flavoring added.

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 195-205 degrees and steep tea for 2-3 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.
Ingredients:
Traditional blend of Earl Grey black tea with bergamot oil, blue cornflowers, vanilla pieces and cream flavoring (dairy-free). (by Oolonga)

Ingredients from the envelope label: Black tea, natural & artificial flavoring, marigold petals. (By SJBP)

About Teavana View company

T&C TTB 11/23

I first made this as a latte with a pump of cheesecake syrup. I thought it was a genius idea until I tried it, something was not right. I think next time I will try it with a strait Earl. I also tried this hot and the memories of the cheesecake latte came back so I decided to wait a few days. Today I made it iced and truly enjoyed it, I got mostly creamy vanilla. I look forward to trying other EGC iced this summer.

Thanks carol who for sharing :)

Great! This is a fairly sweet earl grey and the vanilla is quite obvious. Just my kind of flavours.

Flavors: Vanilla

Bergamot just isn’t my thing. I do prefer the “crème” blend to a traditional Earl Grey, but I still wouldn’t go out of my way to consume this tea. It came in a box set I got for Christmas. I finished the cup and didn’t mind it, but wouldn’t rush to go buy more.
The nice thing with the “crème” is it adds a sweet/creaminess that is very subtle. Makes the liquor a little more smooth on the palat.

Let me start by saying I waaayyyy overleaped this poor baby. I changed my mind about the tea I wanted. I put the leaves EG in a bowl. Later I came back to make the EG, but I forgot how much EGI had put in the Brevile. Tea for 500ml?750?1000? Well I put in an extra scoop and the rest is history. OK, really awful! So now I’ve done a resteep in a 1000ml of water. This is better but still not as good asI had hoped. I enjoy bergamot and there is just not enough for me. I don’t really taste the Creme at all. I’ll drink it or trade it but I won’t buy any more.

My usual morning cuppa, doesn’t require sweeteners but opens up better with a little raw honey or stevia leaves. I tend to like the rounded milky/creamy flavor of this EG as it softens the tea without having to add any milk/cream but doesn’t overpower the bergamot either.

If I want more bergamot I’ll switch to something like The Des Lords (Palais des thes) or Earl Grey Imperial (Mariage Freres), if I want something a little sweeter and more vanilla then the Tea Merchant’s French Earl Grey hits the spot. But for an easily purchased (local Teavana shop) and relatively inexpensive EG this is my daily drinker. I have also found it blends well with some fruity teas and anything you want to add a bit of creaminess to, for example a blueberry rooibos or what I call “Earl Cocotang”, a blend of this with a coconut puerh and passionfruit herbal.

Flavors: Cream, Orange Zest, Tannin, Vanilla

Old, probably underleafed, but hitting the spot today with just a little bit of sugar. Thank God for work tea … especially when coffee is just not doing it.

I quite enjoy this in the mornings. I sweeten it and brighten up my mornings with this.

This is the best earl grey I have ever had. I am not a fan of most others, as it is very light on the bergamot. I don’t taste the creamy notes specifically, but I imagine it smooths out the bergamot for me. Normally, bergamot makes it taste almost soapy it is so sharply citrus. This was wonderful!

Having read terrible things about Teavana and their safety/quality control practices (particularly regarding carcinogenic pesticides in their tea leaves: read more here http://foodbabe.com/2013/08/21/do-you-know-whats-really-in-your-tea/), I’m not happy that this tea is made by Teavana.

That said, I do think this is a tasty Earl Grey…although I wish I the “creme” were stronger in it, and because it isn’t, I still prefer Republic of Tea’s “Earl Greyer”, which is more fragrant and so far I find it less bitter than Teavana’s EG Creme.

I don’t want to be too quick to judge this tea…I suspect I have yet to find the ideal preparation for it. I think when I get it tweaked just right, it will be even better.

Not a big Earl Grey fan, but this was subtle enough that it didn’t overwhelm my taste. I’m not particularly good with caffeine, and I found myself a tad jumpy after a couple cups of this. Definitely good in a travel mug to start your day off.

michelle-c

Cream of Earl Grey by DT is better than this sounds, have you tried it? It’s also medium caffeine (I’m sensitive too & don’t mind it). I mixed half & half of it with regular DT earl grey & that was awesome.