Earl Grey Creme

Black Tea, Marigold Petals, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Floral, Perfume, Smooth, Vanilla, Butter, Cream, Bergamot, Tannic, Anise, Tannin, Creamy, Orange, Astringent, Sour, Drying, Earl Grey, Gardenias, Flowers, Orange Zest
High
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Teavana

A smooth and rich combination of classic Earl Grey black tea and Bergamot oil with a touch of dairy-free creaminess coming from the vanilla pieces and cream flavoring added.

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 195-205 degrees and steep tea for 2-3 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.
Ingredients:
Traditional blend of Earl Grey black tea with bergamot oil, blue cornflowers, vanilla pieces and cream flavoring (dairy-free). (by Oolonga)

Ingredients from the envelope label: Black tea, natural & artificial flavoring, marigold petals. (By SJBP)

About Teavana View company

I was looking for a creamy earl grey (something a little more mild, or at least something with a bergamot that felt less like a spray of perfume in my mouth) but had been disappointed with Adagio (whose cream tasted artificial to me…) I’m not entirely sure that this exactly qualified — it isn’t entirely creamy on its own, at least to me, because there is definitely a gumdrop-y flavor going on in this tea. At first, it actually put me off; having bought two ounces of tea, however (and it’s mostly leaves, so it came out to being a LOT of tea) I felt obligated to drink it. At around my third cup, I started to really enjoy it. Half and half and some brown sugar is my favorite combination, also I recommend mixing it with Teavana’s Honeybush Vanilla to make it a little more mild. I also felt a bit daring and threw a little in with my DAVIDsTEA Blueberry Jam, and it gave it a nice little edge.

Flavors: Anise, Bergamot, Tannin, Vanilla

5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

I may be one of the few people who really aren’t a fan of Teavana teas. Sadly, this one was lacking for me, too.
I like a strong black tea with natural flavors, and all of the teas I have tried have a sadly overpowering flavor. The black teas of theirs I have tried are pretty lackluster, especially considering the price. Sadly, I have never found one I have liked.
I’d suggest trying Upton Tea’s Earl Gray Creme. I find it superior to this one.

Running out of this was seriously heartbreaking ok. The best tea I’ve ever had, without a doubt. I could buy a mountain of this. I am in love with a good london fog tea.

Flavors: Bergamot, Creamy, Vanilla

One of the first teas that I’ve ever had. Its aroma is of a light earl grey with a hint of citrus (not as much as a lady grey) and sweetness. I don’t taste the citrus in the brew, but the creaminess comes through and creates a smooth, refreshing liquor that does not need milk or sugar to enjoy. Definitely a favorite and relatively cheap for something from Teavana.

Flavors: Cream, Orange, Vanilla

I was embarrassed the other day when looking at my cupboard and discovered how many of those teas I haven’t reviewed yet. My problem is that I usually put fairly cryptic notes in a spreadsheet, and after I’ve tried a tea a few times I try to clean up the prose and write it up for steepster. Unfortunately, teas often fall through the cracks. This tea is a poster child for my poor work habits. I am finally sipping down an old, reliable friend.

I’m usually lukewarm on Earl Grey teas, but find the added vanilla to be the perfect touch. The tea is strong, yet creamy. None of the flavors are overdone: you can easily taste the tea, the Bergamot, and the vanilla. The result, however, is more than the sum of the parts.

gmathis

Don’t worry about the prose. You can generally communicate what needs to be said in three or four well-considered adjectives :)

Thank you to Kyla for sharing this tea with me! I love classic Earl Grey and I’m also a pretty big fan of vanilla-flavored tea. So (in theory at least) a cream Earl Grey should be the perfect blend for me. But this is the third one I’ve tried and I really haven’t loved any of them. For some reason, the flavors never quite meld right for me. The bergamot in this one is strong and assertive and combined with the vanilla, it just makes it taste like the vanilla has somehow gone sour. It also has a fair bit of astringency to it, but it mellows nicely with a splash of milk. I think I will be passing this one on to another Earl Grey loving friend. Still grateful for the opportunity to try it, though!

Flavors: Astringent, Bergamot, Cream, Sour, Vanilla

Fragrance is lovely – strong but not overly perfume-y. It is a decent black tea, and the flavors don’t feel overly artificial. It doesn’t feel too tannic, although I do get that dry mouth, astringent feeling afterwards that Earl Greys in particular seem to leave me with. I don’t get a vanilla flavor, but truly more of a cream flavor – just kind of a softening and mellowing of the harshness that can be in an Earl Grey without a real change in the flavor. It’s good enough, but just isn’t very thrilling. It wasn’t quite strong enough, although by brewing “rules” it should have been fairly strong. The flavors are all…fine…but nothing special or complex. I’ll drink it, and would be willing to buy it again, but will be very open to something better. And yes, I have gardenias in my tasting notes. That’s not quite the right choice, but maybe someone else will know what I mean.

Flavors: Bergamot, Cream, Drying, Earl Grey, Gardenias

The dry tea is uniform black full leaf with dried yellow marigold petals and has a malty, woody aroma with vanilla and bergamot orange. In the cup the tea’s aroma has less bergamot and almost no vanilla. The taste is weak, thin on the tongue at 1.5 teaspoon per cup, and unbalanced, with the bergamot washing out the vanilla. It has a mildly salty taste, is pleasingly astringent, tangy, and mildly sweet, with an annoyingly strong and prolonged bergamot finish. Afterward I felt energized but distracted by the lingering bergamot on my palate. Value: $0.20 per six ounce cup. Location and circumstances of growth and production unknown.

Flavors: Bergamot, Floral, Vanilla

This was my first tea from Teavana. Tastes sweeter than the average earl grey cream, but nonetheless very tasty. I love sipping on this during the winter (as with most black teas), but I had this today iced with some milk and honey. Tastes amazing! Feels like the winter.

2 tsp

I found this tea to be very delightful. Unlike other Earl Grey teas I have tried, the bergamot is not as strong. It also has a creme finish which is very enjoyable. I’ll be stocking this one in my cupboard :)

I just wonder if there is another black tea that tastes similar without the bergamot and just the cream?