Earl Grey Creme

Black Tea, Marigold Petals, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Anise, Bergamot, Tannin, Vanilla, Creamy, Cream, Orange, Astringent, Sour, Drying, Earl Grey, Gardenias, Floral, Flowers, Smooth, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Teavana

A smooth and rich combination of classic Earl Grey black tea and Bergamot oil with a touch of dairy-free creaminess coming from the vanilla pieces and cream flavoring added.

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 195-205 degrees and steep tea for 2-3 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.
Traditional blend of Earl Grey black tea with bergamot oil, blue cornflowers, vanilla pieces and cream flavoring (dairy-free). (by Oolonga)

Ingredients from the envelope label: Black tea, natural & artificial flavoring, marigold petals. (By SJBP)

About Teavana View company

The dry tea is uniform black full leaf with dried yellow marigold petals and has a malty, woody aroma with vanilla and bergamot orange. In the cup the tea’s aroma has less bergamot and almost no vanilla. The taste is weak, thin on the tongue at 1.5 teaspoon per cup, and unbalanced, with the bergamot washing out the vanilla. It has a mildly salty taste, is pleasingly astringent, tangy, and mildly sweet, with an annoyingly strong and prolonged bergamot finish. Afterward I felt energized but distracted by the lingering bergamot on my palate. Value: $0.20 per six ounce cup. Location and circumstances of growth and production unknown.

Flavors: Bergamot, Floral, Vanilla

This was my first tea from Teavana. Tastes sweeter than the average earl grey cream, but nonetheless very tasty. I love sipping on this during the winter (as with most black teas), but I had this today iced with some milk and honey. Tastes amazing! Feels like the winter.

2 tsp

I found this tea to be very delightful. Unlike other Earl Grey teas I have tried, the bergamot is not as strong. It also has a creme finish which is very enjoyable. I’ll be stocking this one in my cupboard :)

I just wonder if there is another black tea that tastes similar without the bergamot and just the cream?

I don’t really like DAVIDstea, but I try to so I’ll buy tea from there now and again. This is the only tea–I REPEAT: ONLY tea that I have actually enjoyed from there. Though not my favourite Earl Grey Creme, it is creamy with a relatively smooth finish and decent hints of bergamot. Steep it too long, however, and the smoothness will be gone so it’s not a very forgiving tea. It’s also pretty to look at in looseleaf, which is a plus.

Flavors: Creamy, Flowers, Smooth

T&C TTB 11/23

I first made this as a latte with a pump of cheesecake syrup. I thought it was a genius idea until I tried it, something was not right. I think next time I will try it with a strait Earl. I also tried this hot and the memories of the cheesecake latte came back so I decided to wait a few days. Today I made it iced and truly enjoyed it, I got mostly creamy vanilla. I look forward to trying other EGC iced this summer.

Thanks carol who for sharing :)

Great! This is a fairly sweet earl grey and the vanilla is quite obvious. Just my kind of flavours.

Flavors: Vanilla

Bergamot just isn’t my thing. I do prefer the “crème” blend to a traditional Earl Grey, but I still wouldn’t go out of my way to consume this tea. It came in a box set I got for Christmas. I finished the cup and didn’t mind it, but wouldn’t rush to go buy more.
The nice thing with the “crème” is it adds a sweet/creaminess that is very subtle. Makes the liquor a little more smooth on the palat.

Let me start by saying I waaayyyy overleaped this poor baby. I changed my mind about the tea I wanted. I put the leaves EG in a bowl. Later I came back to make the EG, but I forgot how much EGI had put in the Brevile. Tea for 500ml?750?1000? Well I put in an extra scoop and the rest is history. OK, really awful! So now I’ve done a resteep in a 1000ml of water. This is better but still not as good asI had hoped. I enjoy bergamot and there is just not enough for me. I don’t really taste the Creme at all. I’ll drink it or trade it but I won’t buy any more.

My usual morning cuppa, doesn’t require sweeteners but opens up better with a little raw honey or stevia leaves. I tend to like the rounded milky/creamy flavor of this EG as it softens the tea without having to add any milk/cream but doesn’t overpower the bergamot either.

If I want more bergamot I’ll switch to something like The Des Lords (Palais des thes) or Earl Grey Imperial (Mariage Freres), if I want something a little sweeter and more vanilla then the Tea Merchant’s French Earl Grey hits the spot. But for an easily purchased (local Teavana shop) and relatively inexpensive EG this is my daily drinker. I have also found it blends well with some fruity teas and anything you want to add a bit of creaminess to, for example a blueberry rooibos or what I call “Earl Cocotang”, a blend of this with a coconut puerh and passionfruit herbal.

Flavors: Cream, Orange Zest, Tannin, Vanilla

Old, probably underleafed, but hitting the spot today with just a little bit of sugar. Thank God for work tea … especially when coffee is just not doing it.