Earl Grey Creme

Black Tea, Marigold Petals, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Cream, Orange, Vanilla, Astringent, Bergamot, Sour, Drying, Earl Grey, Gardenias, Floral, Creamy, Flowers, Smooth, Orange Zest, Tannin
High
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Teavana

A smooth and rich combination of classic Earl Grey black tea and Bergamot oil with a touch of dairy-free creaminess coming from the vanilla pieces and cream flavoring added.

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 195-205 degrees and steep tea for 2-3 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.
Ingredients:
Traditional blend of Earl Grey black tea with bergamot oil, blue cornflowers, vanilla pieces and cream flavoring (dairy-free). (by Oolonga)

Ingredients from the envelope label: Black tea, natural & artificial flavoring, marigold petals. (By SJBP)

About Teavana View company

I really enjoyed this tea. I was afraid the vanilla would be too much, but it is just right. It almost has a just a hint of chocolate to me. Good balance. I used 1 1/2 tsp for 16 oz and steeped twice.

I have to agree with one of the tasters bellow. Lupecia does seem to have a upper hand with their Earl Grey. I can’t put my finger on it but it seemed a touch less bitter. Maybe it was of a better harvest? Still not bad and has a nice twist on a classic.

Good morning, I prove the tea and taste very good, the flavor of bergamot is presence with the black tea and vainilla, is smooth.

Brewed as per instructions, steeping for 2 minutes. Smells nice, not really creamy, though, as other Earl Grey creams I’ve had. I was expecting something richer smelling. When I drink black teas, I’ve always added milk, so to have this without will be an adventure! Enjoyable, leaves slightly acidic aftertaste in the back of the throat. Would not brew this for more than 2 minutes to have on it’s own with out milk.
With Milk – Brewed as per instructions, steeping for 3 minutes. Richer flavour than a regular Earl Grey, but still not as creamy as I was hoping. Overall, a nice tea, but fails to meet my expectations for a Cream Earl Grey.
Looking into this a bit, I found that Teavana has changed the recipe recently, and the mix no longer has the blue cornflower petals in it. Many people on their website are showing their disappointment with it.

Everything an Early Grey should be — creamy with a hint of bergamot and a smooth finish. Delicious!

A little bit of a disappointment. Not because that this is a bad tea, but because I discovered that I do not like bergamot. I’m surprised, because I recall having tried an EG a long time ago and liking it, but I guess tastes change.

I remember really liking this tea, but it’s just way too pricey. Plus, the Teavana staff is obnoxiously upselling constantly, AND they don’t know how to prepare this tea so I’m constantly disappointed when I ask for a cup of it (the only thing I can really afford on any given visit these days), even when I specify that I want it with a lot of milk and sugar. They’re a little stingy with both. As much as I used to really love this tea, it’s not worth the money. Besides, since the company has recently been bought out, my past experience tells me that soon enough, the product will not be the same one I really liked before… not like I had any plans of going back to Teavana anymore. Sigh. I just ordered the Adagio Teas “knockoff”/copy-cat of this flavor (at about half the price per unit), and I’m hoping it’s pretty good, too.

This review is for the newer version of this tea – my bag has yellow flower petals instead of blue cornflowers, and I have a feeling they’ve changed the flavoring, too. This one really isn’t for me, despite my general positivity toward citrus/bergamot flavors.

I really can’t explain what I didn’t like, but I’ll try. I had a cup of this every morning for about a week. The first time it was alright – a very, very light, almost weak earl grey, with a pretty obvious vanilla flavoring. It was pretty smooth, but any “creaminess” was due more to a lack of body than a real texture. So I thought maybe I needed to change my steeping parameters.

I steeped the next few cups a bit longer, but that increased the vanilla flavor, and even made it taste and smell artificial. Adding more tea leaves just made it bitter. At that point, I couldn’t even bring myself to drink a version of this made with my original amount and steeping parameters. It’s a huge shame since I have a full ounce left. The sales people always make it sound like 25 cups of tea is nothing! But that’s really not true if you don’t like the tea…

I LOVE this tea. When I first started drinking tea I would only drink earl grey, no milk or sugar so I got pretty used to that taste. After having this tea I don’t think I can ever go back to regular earl grey. This tea has so much flavor and the “creme” part has a soft hint of vanilla. Just delicious!
That being said, I’ve been reading reviews on Teavana and it seems that they have recently changed this tea’s formulation and not for the better. I am endorsing the old formulation, not the new one.

I like this well enough, but it’s not nearly as creamy as I was hoping it would be. I thought that maybe the salesperson gave me regular earl grey instead of earl grey creme, but there is a bit of a vanilla-like smell there. I’ll try it against a different earl grey cream and see how it stacks up =)