Chateau Blanc

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Krystal

• “I'm at like 197 teas - dangerously close to 200. Sad thing is that I never cupboard my samples and they get shuffled to the bottom of tea tins - so my stash is probably more like 225. Time to drink...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1048 tasting notes
  • “This is an interesting tea. Nice and light. Flowery smelling and tasting but not overkill. (To me, anyways.) I could be wrong but this could be interesting to haved iced. Despite it being like...” Read full tasting note
    lynxiegrl 177 tasting notes
  • “While I was in Teavana my friend had steeped a cup of this for herself to try. She let me try it and then gave me the cup to take home. I'm not sure what tue dry notes smell like as I didn't smell...” Read full tasting note
    tattooed_tea 290 tasting notes
  • “This one's from *jeweledthumb*, thank you. I can taste a little bit of the Sauvignon Blanc --- smooth, not too fruity, and not too tart. It has a very mild astringency to it, just like the real...” Read full tasting note
    rogersck 180 tasting notes

From Teavana

Taking inspiration from the famed Sauvignon Blanc, this crisp, light white tea is a fusion of vineyard harvested grapes and red delicious apples combined with the refreshing zest of citrus from mandarin oranges and candied pineapples. Subtly paired with sweet fig, Chateau Blanc creates a soft, grape medley with a clean, citrus finish- a wine connoisseurs’ delight. SUPERFRUIT ENHANCED

Soft white grape with citrus, pineapple and fig undertones

How to Prepare
Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 175 degrees (79 degrees Celsius) and steep for 2 minutes. For stronger flavor use more tea leaves. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients: White tea, grapes, candied pineapple pieces (pineapple, sugar), guava pieces (guava, sugar, stabilizer: calcium chloride, acidifier: citric acid, maltic acid, salt), apple pieces, flavoring (pineapple, apple, grape, quince, lemon), orange slices, fig slices, fig pieces with separating agent rice flower, grape slices, pineapple chips

About Teavana View company

I’m at like 197 teas – dangerously close to 200. Sad thing is that I never cupboard my samples and they get shuffled to the bottom of tea tins – so my stash is probably more like 225. Time to drink ALL THE SAMPLES, or at least try to dent them.

This one is an old one from Rachel Sincere. Tastes like.. wine? It’s oddly malty to me. It has a slight sourness from the pineapple thats rounded out by the raisiny grape flavor. Very interesting, not really for me /waves fist at raisins, but I think i might have to get some for my MIL, who I’ve been getting wine teas for. However, she says she’s overloaded with tea – with a stash of like 12. OOOooooOooOOOO, 12! I don’t think I could function with a stash of 12!

Rachel Sincere

I got that one last June, so you are still within the year mark! I only smelled that one; I never tasted it. It was a gift from my girlfriend but I never really wanted to drink it. (Oops.)

This is an interesting tea. Nice and light. Flowery smelling and tasting but not overkill. (To me, anyways.) I could be wrong but this could be interesting to haved iced. Despite it being like averagely (Least with the last 2 weeks.) 10-25 degrees out lately, I’ve been craving iced tea. So I think I am going to go with that urge.

Whether I would get this again? Hmm…I am not sure. At the moment I am not opposed to it. Which I find amusing because I am not a wine drinker like AT ALL! (I can’t stand the taste of most alcohol.) I bet if I tried the wine that this is comparable to, that I wouldn’t like it.

Alphakitty

I don’t like the alcohol part of alcoholic drinks (it tastes gross and it makes me sleepy instead of pleasantly drunk LOL) but I LOVE wine flavored teas. It’s a nice way to get the taste without actually consuming alcohol.

Lynxiebrat

Glad I’m not the only who dislikes the taste of alcohol but likes/is intrigued by the idea of wine flavored teas:)

I’m not sure what tue dry notes smell like as I didn’t smell them. The steeped tea smells slightly floral like and a little like grape. Mmmm this Is a good one. Nice and light, with a hint of floral and followed by gtape. It doesn’t taste like an axtual grape, it tastes like purple easter candy or purple jelly beans.
I think I may have to add this to ky cupboard.

This one’s from jeweledthumb, thank you. I can taste a little bit of the Sauvignon Blanc - smooth, not too fruity, and not too tart. It has a very mild astringency to it, just like the real thing. The cooler it gets, the tastier it becomes. I guess, since it’s based off white wine, then it’s better cold?

This leans a bit toward the fig/currant flavor profile instead of the grape, which makes me a bit sad. Still, it’s not a bad tea. It brews a very pale, golden yellow and smells a bit malty. The white tea comes in at the back of the flavor and the fruit dominates; it’s a tea to drink quickly. It’s not one that you sit with for a long time and savor every different flavor.

Here’s Hoping Traveling Teabox Round #3 – Tea #4
Not usually one to try Teavana unless there is something intriguing about the blend. In this case: figs. There is also a bunch of other fruits. The white tea isn’t a white tea I’ve seen before – it’s very black. But the color of the mug after steeping is a light yellow. It certainly had a lovely floral/fig/fruity fragrance both with the dry blend and the exact same scent was coming from the mug after steeping. The flavor is okay, but somehow it tastes like fake sugars. As it cools it gets worse. I liked the fragrance anyway. I won’t make a bunch of other comments about Teavana here. :D
Steep #1 // just boiled // 3 min

There was a Teavana trip last year that I regret, because in one visit I bought 4oz each of two teas that I only managed to not hate. They were on sale and being discontinued and I was gullible and newly into tea (and also hadn’t yet come to terms with the whole – don’t buy more than 2oz if you have no idea how you feel about it). This one didn’t get much use because sweetened it tastes like grape juice and I don’t know many people that like hot grape juice. Unsweetened it just wasn’t anything special and there was still that grape tinge.

Well, I’ve managed to use up my tin two ways. I have been drinking it iced, which is pretty pleasant once you sweeten it (again, grape juice without sugar, yes please) and I added it to a traveling tea box. Maybe someone else will like it more than me. I drank through 32oz of it today iced happily and have another jug brewing in the fridge but I’m kind of over it, so it’s not technically a sip down, but the tin is officially out of my cupboard and that makes me happy.

The key with this one is to brew it hot (175 degree, steep for 2 minutes – use the hot steeping instructions, not the iced) and then immediately stick it in the fridge so it doesn’t get bitter. I left it in for 2 nights which resulted in me having to water it down to make it light and refreshing and not totally like juice, but it was definitely refreshing. I can’t say I’d buy 4oz again, but at least I managed to enjoy the last bit of it I had in stock.

And now to remove from my virtual cupboard!