Black Dragon Pearls

Edit tea info Last updated by Rob Vandelinder

• “Swapdown this morning (not this tea, but getting rid of a few others, and actually not acquiring new teas in return, just postage), leaving me with 138 teas! Woot! It's a good thing because I am...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1848 tasting notes
  • “my new years day plans have been ruined by being sick. So much for getting to drink tea and play board games with friends all day. Might just need to make it up by "forcing" my other half to play...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4026 tasting notes
  • “Farewell, my lovely Black Dragon Pearls! You will be missed. I am astonished how quickly I drank up your roasty chocolatey wonderment -- I only added you to my cupboard in mid-July! Now that...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Another black pearl I'm able to try from Momo's teabox. There was only one serving left, so I took it from the box for later. Later is now! These are about half inch in diameter sized black and...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1083 tasting notes

From Teavana

Fashionably rare spring-harvested black tea pearls are as coveted as the legendary gems they were inspired by. Just as their bejeweled counterparts take years to become perfection, each tea pearl consists of thirty leaves and buds hand picked and immediately rolled before the leaves can dry. The famed pearls carry sweet undertones of chocolaty romance, creating a smooth, sweet-bodied exquisiteness in each cup.

Full-bodied infusion with cocoa undertones

About Teavana View company

i enjoy black tea. this is another one i would get again

My my my its been a long while since I’ve been on here. Still an avid tea drinker, but not so much a social networker……Mmmmm, this is so smooth just as other have described. I put about 6 pearls in my 16oz perfecta maker, but to make things a bit different, I added 1tsp of honeybush vanilla. No german rock sugar like I’m used to but a teaspoon of white honey. This is almost too smooth. But is definitely appreciated on a stressful day as today.

Good. Not great. Might try again in the future, but not top of the list.

I really enjoy this tea first thing in the morning with a little bit of table sugar added to it.

This tea is one of my favorites for that mid-afternoon stretch. You know, when it’s 2pm and you’re struggling to stay awake from lunch and it’s not quite time to go home yet.

I love adding milk to this, as it reminds me of boba milk tea (though definitely not as sweet). At first I bought 2oz, and then Teavana had their crazy 75% off sale so I filled up a 1lb tin. This should last me a while, since you can resteep a few times.

I love this tea. Very chocolatey and sweet malty notes. Add some german rock sugar and its even better. I haven’t had the time to sit down and resteep it so lets see how that goes.

I love this tea. I realize it’s a little silly to roll black tea, as there really isn’t a benefit to it… but it makes the tea pretty. This tea has a beautiful malty flavor and pairs nicely with milk.

One of my favorite black teas offered by Teavana. Being a die-hard chocolate lover the coca undertones make this one of my go to teas.