Cococaramel Sea Salt Herbal Tea

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Almond, Anise Seeds, Artificial Flavouring, Candied Hazelnuts, Candied Macadamia Nuts, Carob, Chocolate Flakes, Cocoa, Coconut, Hazelnuts, Licorice Root, Marigold Flowers, Paprika, Pistacho, Sea Salt
Chocolate, Cocoa, Coconut, Hazelnut, Licorice, Salt, Spicy, Caramel, Nuts
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaRawcs

• “Thanks *whatshesaid* for the swap! So apparently I need to stop being a wimp, and I should just go into Teavana and try some teas out because this is pretty good. I wonder what their minimum is...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1693 tasting notes
  • “SIPDOWN! WOO! It was tasty tonight. Made sure I didn't oversteep it. Added a load of almond milk. I probably won't buy this again, but it was a pretty good dessert tea! And it went well with...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1464 tasting notes
  • “This one is so good. I wrote an awesome review, but my computer ate it earlier...So this will be the short version. Dry, this smells exactly like rocky road ice cream; no kidding. It smells...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 538 tasting notes
  • “I got sucked in by Teavana's emails featuring this blend. And I think I saw a few reviews on here that intrigued me enough to buy the minimum 2 ounces to try it. It smells amazing in the bag but I...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes

From Teavana

The artistically balancing of distinct tastes of sweet and salty is a popular trend with today’s chocolatiers. We’ve made this trend our own with a scrumptious fusion of sweet caramel, decadent chocolate, a hint of cream and a light sprinkling of sea salt. When the mood for self-indulgence strikes, soothe the sweet tooth in this rich and yummy chocolaty herbal blend. PRODUCT CONTAINS DAIRY AND TREE NUTS

A lusciously creamy, nutty blend of caramel & chocolate with a hint of sea salt.

Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to just at boiling (208 degrees/98 degrees Celsius) and steep for 5-6 minutes. For stronger flavor, use more tea leaves. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:Cocoa kernels, carob pieces, chocolate flakes (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa powder), candied hazelnuts (sugar, hazelnuts), anise seeds, candied macadamia nuts (macadamia, sugar), almond pieces, artificial flavoring, liquorice root, coconut chips, hazelnuts, pistachio kernels, marigold petals, paprika, sea salt. CONTAINS TREE NUTS AND DAIRY

About Teavana View company

Tea to go today, before Friday Night Dinner Group…

Looks and smelled really nice, which is usually a good sign since I don’t like the smell of a lot of their blends. This one did brew up cloudy, but that doesn’t bother me much, so long as it tastes good.

I can say that brewed, it still smelled delicious. The first sips were good, though as it cooled, I had a strange taste in my mouth and I thought to myself, is that anise? I’m tasting something vaguely licorice-like. Sure enough, when I got home to look at the full ingredients, but anise seed and licorice. Boooooooo! I would like this tea much better without that taste.

Got some of this during the heavenly sale for under $2/2oz. Wishing I had added more than my sad 2 little 2 oz pouches.

My husband and I have very different tastes in tea (he likes unsweetened greens, I like flavored, sweetened blacks) but he asked to share a pot of this with me tonight and we both love it. About halfway through his cup he looked over and asked how much of this I had ordered.

I get quite a bit of caramel and chocolate, but like others said, the sea salt is a bit lacking. I may add some myself and see what happens. The liquid is a bit scary due to its murky quality but hot damn, this is a yummy tea. I’m currently 5 months pregnant and the baby seems to like it too. I get a little rumba in my belly after each sip.

I owe Teavana Cococaramel Sea Salt an apology, it seems. This time I brewed the blend super strong and added light cream. This time, I recognize its appeal. I really did not like it at all au naturel, but tonight it is a pleasant experience. I still dislike the oil slick on top of the surface of the infusion, but with cream at least the liquor is caramel colored and so moves in the right direction. I was considering adding sugar as well, but I think that with the high sea salt content, it might just become a mess.

I won’t buy this blend again now that my 1 ounce envelope is depleted, but it was a worthwhile experience, in the end.

Thanks jessiwrites for sending me this to try out :)

This tea is fascinating. The dry mix looked bizarre – like some sort of holiday spice mix you’d use for the dressing. I made the first cup for the fiance while I enjoyed Watermelon Mint Chiller and he said it tasted like spices with a saltiness at the end.

My take is that the caramel is there, the chocolate is there too. And the salt. The salt is there. And that’s what’s making me not fully enjoy this cup. It’s so good up until the end of the sip and the salt comes out. I keep drinking it, hoping the salt will go away, but it’s not leaving. Gah.

I’d say the name of the tea is perfect, and if you like sweet offset with salt, this would be amazing. Evidently, I’m not that person. I’m glad I got to taste this to see what it’s all about though.

I’m really in love with this tea when I have a sweet tooth that won’t leave me alone. I really only drink it then though. I make it with vanilla creamer and a scoop of german rock sugar and it tastes amazing!

keychange

That whole combination sounds great!

lindsayb612

It really is delicious! I often get demands for such things in my dorm

Meh! Not a good tea, lacks everything.

sherapop

Above all, tea! I wonder whether it would be good if you mixed some black tea in with it…

I tried this in the store using a $1 cup coupon. It was much better than a taste from one of their sample size cups. Well about the tea. Awesome. I had a iced latte and it was terrific. I saw how much they put in the cup and was amazed at how much they put in. They said to double the amounts of tea and rock sugar but they seemed to put a lot more in than they said. I was able to easily duplicated it a home. For a 16 oz. it needed 6 tsp. and 3 tsp. of rock sugar. It only needed a little milk (soy in my case). Over ice! Yummy and cooool!
I haven’t had it hot but I really enjoyed my iced latte.

This is my most favorite tea EVER. It is so smooth and rich. Chocolately caramel and yes, you can actually taste the sea salt flavouring.
The only downside is that you have to use more than the recommended amount per cup to get the proper flavor.

Marcel Duchamp

I like this one a lot too. I make lattes out of it.

NOPE! In theory, this tea should be the perfect dessert blend!.. but I am not feeling it. It’s a little weak. To be fair, I am not a huge fan of david’s salted caramel either.. so I should have expected this…. when you steep it up, it leaves the greasiest looking film on top… not that good… although, I do like the aftertaste of this much more than the aftertaste of salted caramel.

Awesome tea. I was worried it would be really weak as some of their herbals tend to be. I kind of wish it was a little saltier. It seems like the salt floats to the top and then for the rest of your cup it’s not very salty at all. I still really love it though!