Cococaramel Sea Salt Herbal Tea

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Almond, Anise Seeds, Artificial Flavouring, Candied Hazelnuts, Candied Macadamia Nuts, Carob, Chocolate Flakes, Cocoa, Coconut, Hazelnuts, Licorice Root, Marigold Flowers, Paprika, Pistacho, Sea Salt
Butterscotch, Licorice, Caramel, Chocolate, Sweet, Artificial, Fruity, Cocoa, Coconut, Hazelnut, Salt, Spicy, Nuts
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaRawcs

• “Thanks *whatshesaid* for the swap! So apparently I need to stop being a wimp, and I should just go into Teavana and try some teas out because this is pretty good. I wonder what their minimum is...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “SIPDOWN! WOO! It was tasty tonight. Made sure I didn't oversteep it. Added a load of almond milk. I probably won't buy this again, but it was a pretty good dessert tea! And it went well with...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1611 tasting notes
  • “This one is so good. I wrote an awesome review, but my computer ate it earlier...So this will be the short version. Dry, this smells exactly like rocky road ice cream; no kidding. It smells...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 539 tasting notes
  • “I got sucked in by Teavana's emails featuring this blend. And I think I saw a few reviews on here that intrigued me enough to buy the minimum 2 ounces to try it. It smells amazing in the bag but I...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes

From Teavana

The artistically balancing of distinct tastes of sweet and salty is a popular trend with today’s chocolatiers. We’ve made this trend our own with a scrumptious fusion of sweet caramel, decadent chocolate, a hint of cream and a light sprinkling of sea salt. When the mood for self-indulgence strikes, soothe the sweet tooth in this rich and yummy chocolaty herbal blend. PRODUCT CONTAINS DAIRY AND TREE NUTS

A lusciously creamy, nutty blend of caramel & chocolate with a hint of sea salt.

Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to just at boiling (208 degrees/98 degrees Celsius) and steep for 5-6 minutes. For stronger flavor, use more tea leaves. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:Cocoa kernels, carob pieces, chocolate flakes (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa powder), candied hazelnuts (sugar, hazelnuts), anise seeds, candied macadamia nuts (macadamia, sugar), almond pieces, artificial flavoring, liquorice root, coconut chips, hazelnuts, pistachio kernels, marigold petals, paprika, sea salt. CONTAINS TREE NUTS AND DAIRY

About Teavana View company

Another tasty caramel and cocoa latte to help me face my taxes this close to the deadline.

I expected a lot from this, and I enjoy this for the most part. The only part I don’t enjoy is the liquorice root. Those notes tend to disappear when I blend this with another tea.

I just finished drinking my first cup of this tea after finding it pushed to the back of my cupboard earlier this afternoon. I had picked it up at Teavana a while back after it was recommended that I mix it with Azteca Fire for a spicy, sweet brew. This tea on its own was better than expected, after reading a few of the comments here, though still weak and a bit artificial tasting. I am currently brewing my second cup made with raw sugar and equal parts water and whole milk.

I just tasted my second cup and there is such a difference between the two. This one is creamy and sweet, like a warm and comforting vanilla hot chocolate. If I had only had a taste of the first cup, I would have finished my remaining tea and moved on to better things. Now, after tasting my second cup, I think I’ll be moving this one to the front of the pantry.

8 min or more

This is my first tea from Teavana and I’m pretty impressed. The scent is strong and delicious coconut, chocolate, caramel goodness. The liquor is murky and I ended up with a ton of floaties but that didn’t bother me much. The flavor is light but maybe I need to add more tea… I’m going to try it next time with milk and sweetener, due to the fact that I couldn’t really taste the sea salt nor the caramel that much.

Eh.
Basically, this is the latest in Teavana’s streak of “Well, it’s okay, but it really could have been better”. Very caramely and chocolatey, but suffers from the same problem as Dokudami Umami did, where there’s something really lacking and watery about it. Also, there’s no sea salt in this. Teavana is not good at naming its teas after what they taste like.

I like the spiciness of the peppercorn and the sweet savoriness of the cocoa and caramel. I just wanted more from this, and it didn’t deliver.

0re0co0kie

Mix it with their toasted nut brûlée just like hot chocolate! =]

This is fantastic with some heavy cream or milk added. Without the milk, it just seems a bit weak. Sugar and even more salt is optional and makes some interesting variations. I almost can’t call this tea – it’s something between hot chocolate and regular tea, but it sure is delicious.

I got 2 ounces of this tea in one of those heavily discounted teavana gift sets (Thanks, super sale!). I’d never heard of this one before, but comments led me to believe that this tea might be better than Slimful Chocolate Decadence, my favorite Teavana tea of all time, I was very excited.

The tea smells amazing when you open the container. Just so delectable. It really does smell like a sea salt caramel chcoolate bar tastes. I gave the tea its full five minutes to brew, but the color was surprisingly light to me. Nevertheless I gave it ago.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s good, but better than Slimful Chocolate Decadence? Nah. It is very creamy with great caramel notes, but the sea salt aspect is missing to me. I also didn’t taste the chocolate as much as I expected to. So to me, it’s a bit one note.

I went to look up more information about the tea on Teavana’s website, but it didn’t come up. I guess they are discontinuing this one. That’s too bad – I’d like to experiment with it, I think it’s quite tasty. I’ll just have to get my sea salt caramel fix the traditional way – with a chocolate bar.

The first thing I noticed about this tea is that it is somewhat dense, probably due to the caramel and cacao nibs, so you fewer cups for your ounces here. When brewed, it resembles chicken broth in color and has an oily layer on the top like broth. When I smelled it, I caught whiffs of caramel which was exciting. I tasted it and detected only the slightest hint of caramel, maybe a touch of salt if I’m thinking about it really hard and a lingering licorice root taste in an overall muddled blandness. A little bit of sugar brings out the caramel a bit more, but it’s really nothing to get excited about. Since so much of it is nibs that dissolve with the first cup, there really isn’t much left for second steeping. Overall it was a disappointing venture to find a new favorite tea and it will probably sit in my cupboard until I either guilt myself into finishing it out of not wanting to waste or find someone else to pawn it off on.

There are few things as frustrating as a tea that’s NEARLY perfect, but at the same time so far off.

I think it’s the macadamia nuts that turned me off on this one. Tried it plain, tried it with milk, didn’t care for either. This one is a miss for me.