Cococaramel Sea Salt Herbal Tea

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Almond, Anise Seeds, Artificial Flavouring, Candied Hazelnuts, Candied Macadamia Nuts, Carob, Chocolate Flakes, Cocoa, Coconut, Hazelnuts, Licorice Root, Marigold Flowers, Paprika, Pistacho, Sea Salt
Caramel, Chocolate, Sweet, Artificial, Fruity, Cocoa, Coconut, Hazelnut, Licorice, Salt, Spicy, Nuts
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaRawcs

• “Thanks *whatshesaid* for the swap! So apparently I need to stop being a wimp, and I should just go into Teavana and try some teas out because this is pretty good. I wonder what their minimum is...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “SIPDOWN! WOO! It was tasty tonight. Made sure I didn't oversteep it. Added a load of almond milk. I probably won't buy this again, but it was a pretty good dessert tea! And it went well with...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1566 tasting notes
  • “This one is so good. I wrote an awesome review, but my computer ate it earlier...So this will be the short version. Dry, this smells exactly like rocky road ice cream; no kidding. It smells...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 539 tasting notes
  • “I got sucked in by Teavana's emails featuring this blend. And I think I saw a few reviews on here that intrigued me enough to buy the minimum 2 ounces to try it. It smells amazing in the bag but I...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes

From Teavana

The artistically balancing of distinct tastes of sweet and salty is a popular trend with today’s chocolatiers. We’ve made this trend our own with a scrumptious fusion of sweet caramel, decadent chocolate, a hint of cream and a light sprinkling of sea salt. When the mood for self-indulgence strikes, soothe the sweet tooth in this rich and yummy chocolaty herbal blend. PRODUCT CONTAINS DAIRY AND TREE NUTS

A lusciously creamy, nutty blend of caramel & chocolate with a hint of sea salt.

Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to just at boiling (208 degrees/98 degrees Celsius) and steep for 5-6 minutes. For stronger flavor, use more tea leaves. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:Cocoa kernels, carob pieces, chocolate flakes (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa powder), candied hazelnuts (sugar, hazelnuts), anise seeds, candied macadamia nuts (macadamia, sugar), almond pieces, artificial flavoring, liquorice root, coconut chips, hazelnuts, pistachio kernels, marigold petals, paprika, sea salt. CONTAINS TREE NUTS AND DAIRY

About Teavana View company

Backlogging from yesterday…

HORRID customer service at the Teavana store! I drove 40 minutes to get there and was made to feel totally unwelcome. I asked what the base of this one was, and I got “It’s herbal.”

…… Really? I can read, thanks. I’m a college educated woman (in literature, no less!). And when I said “I mean, is it like chamomile or rooibos?” I got “No, it’s a blend of herbs.”

….. smh.

I bought 2 oz of it because it smelled amazing, and let me tell you, it tastes amazing. Like liquid coconut cake. It has a peppery bite to it too, oddly enough. But it works, like Aztec hot chocolate.

Bottom Line: Don’t go to Teavana in person. But it would definitely be worthwhile to order online from them. Product = tasty, attitude as a business = lousy.

I had high expectations given the name of the tea and how much I love sea salt caramel and chocolate separately, nevermind when they are combined! I was disappointed, though, because I didn’t taste either in this tea. It wasn’t bad but didn’t live up to the description.

This tea is “OMG” Amazing! Smooth chocolate caramel flavors. I don’t always feel that chocolate flavor comes out in teas, but this one really does. I add 1 tsp. rock sugar. On it’s own, it’s wonderful. Right now I’m sipping it blended with Toasted Nut Brulee, which adds even more richness.

I did try a resteeping of the tea (just cococaramel sea salt), and found that didn’t go well…. weak, but that is probably expected for an herbal tea.

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate

Picked this up yesterday while at Teavana. I’ve been curious to try it for a while and, when the salesgirl mentioned that this tea tastes really strongly of chocolate, I was sold. The last time I was in a Teavana, I’d tried their Chocolate Chai, was impressed by how chocolatey and rich it was, and was so hoping for the same thing here.

Tangent: I brought my kettle over to a friend’s house yesterday and forgot the base there. So my kettle is home and totally useless without a way to get power to it. I don’t know if I should be embarrassed to admit that I contemplated buying a temporary kettle to tide me over until I can get my base back. It’s only a day, right? That’s not so bad. A little tea made with microwaved water never hurt anybody. Hell, that’s how I was heating my water when I first got into tea and that turned out okay… (I miss my kettle!!!)

I brewed this up using microwaved water, steeped for 5 minutes. Without sugar, it’s brothy? I want to say this is the salt dominating things. Not bad, but unexpected from a tea with caramel and coco in the name. I added sugar to the second steep and found that the salt and coco were both missing, but the aftertaste was scratchy/sweet like after you eat a chewy, gooey caramel candy. Mmmm.

It’s not what I was expecting – don’t say a tea is chocolatey if it’s not! – but it’s not bad. I really want to try it again with actually boiling water and see if that helps things. In any case, it’s another off the “To Try” list … progress?

5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 18 OZ / 532 ML
Ost

totally agree with you though.

This looked really pretty in the bag and is strong-smelling. I was hoping to fall in love with this one for a night-time tea but…alas…it was not meant to be. While I think it’s good, it’s ONLY good. I taste sweet chocolate. That’s about it. I couldn’t really identify the sweet as being caramel, either. And definitely no salt. I think I also expected it to feel a little thicker. I won’t repurchase this and will keep looking for something that tastes the way I had hoped this would, but I’ll enjoy what I have of it. Thanks for letting me buy this off of you, Ost!

Flavors: Chocolate, Sweet

I want this so badly to be good. How could you go wrong with cocoa, caramel and sea salt? That should be the best flavour combination ever! But this… is not very good.

The dry leaf smells great. Lots of rich chocolate and caramel.

Steeped, the chocolate is there, and a bit of caramel, but the whole thing just tastes watery, when it should be rich and thick. There’s also an unpleasant fruity artificial sweetener kind of flavour on the back of the tongue and throat, which is quite unpleasant and just doesn’t fit at all.

I had this with sugar and milk, which helped it out a little bit, but I still didn’t really enjoy my cup.

Flavors: Artificial, Caramel, Chocolate, Fruity, Sweet

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

ewww that sounds like unpleasantness! What a shame because that combo does sound delish

sweetea

I got a cup of this to-go, once upon a time, and all I remembered was salty hot water with an admittedly great smell. :/

Anlina

Looking at tasting notes, it seems like people either love or hate this.

Teavana stuff is so hit or miss for me, but when it’s good, it’s really good, so I keep trying them.

Starfevre

I still haven’t tried this one, though I have it. You’re not making me particularly want to go dig it out, but it’s probably not getting better with age, either :p

Sipdown!

But not alone. I’ve been drinking this mixed with the Teavana Spiced Apple Cider and a teaspoon of Tealux Vanilla Rooibos which I am almost finished with (yay!). This adds a creamy, almost caramel apple taste to the normal cinnamon apple of the spiced apple cider, which I love. I don’t think I ever drank it alone, but I only had about an ounce of it (came in the gift set last year that I got for a ridiculously good price during the heavenly sale). Not sure I’d repurchase, but it definitely adds a nice flavor to my favorite fall-time tea ever.

I was very disappointed in this one. Somehow, it has a good cocoa taste but is still pretty tasteless and bland- definitely didn’t taste any caramel. The chocolate flavor was nice, fresh, prominent…there was a hint of coconut and hazelnut…but somehow the whole cup was too watery/mild despite the heavy taste of cocoa. I tried it more than once (I use an infuser), doubled my tea leaves, used less water, but it didn’t get any better.

I wasn’t expecting hot chocolate, but this was pretty dang bland. Pretty pissed, actually- I was expecting much better than this so, obviously, I wouldn’t recommend it- if you’re looking for a caramel/desert-type herbal tea, I’d eagerly refer you to “Bengal Spice” by Celestial Seasonings- and “Celestial” isn’t a brand I tend to recommend, but this one here is soooo good, like a cup of cinnamon caramel!
- Loose leaf, with infuser
- 3-4 sugar cubes

Flavors: Chocolate, Cocoa, Coconut, Hazelnut

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 4 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

The scent of the dry mix is as advertised; cocoa, caramel, salt. After a long steep (6 min), there’s a lot less caramel and a lot more licorice…and low sodium.

Drinking this first non-stellar cup minus any additives to get an accurate baseline, but I think this will need some sugar and/or some dairy to accentuate any creamy caramel personality this may have.

Veronica

So it taste like kind of salty licorice? :|

gmathis

Yeah, kind of. Next round, I will dial back the steep time to see if it backs off. No licorice love here.

mj

Boo licorice

I wanted to try this for uh, tasting reasons. It smells like toffee and licorice. And I’m sure why paprika goes in a tisane, but that is a scent I get too. There is some chocolate in the flavour, but I mostly get salt, spice, and licorice root.

This is certainly an interesting assortment of flavours.

Flavors: Licorice, Salt, Spicy