Cococaramel Sea Salt Herbal Tea

Herbal Tea
Anise Seeds, Artificial Flavouring, Carob Pieces, Chili Pepper, Chocolate Flakes, Cocoa Kernels, Coconut Chips, Licorice Root, Marigold Petals, Sea Salt
Chocolate, Cocoa, Coconut, Dark Bittersweet, Dark Chocolate, Butterscotch, Licorice, Caramel, Sweet, Artificial, Fruity, Hazelnut, Salt, Spicy, Almond, Nuts
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From Teavana

This chocolatier-inspired infusion combines the distinct tastes of sweet and salty. Buttery caramel, decadent chocolate, a hint of cream and a light sprinkling of sea salt satisfies any craving.

A lusciously creamy, nutty blend of caramel & chocolate with a hint of sea salt.

Use 1.5-2 tsp of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to just at boiling (208 degrees/98 degrees Celsius) and steep for 5-6 minutes. For stronger flavor, use more teas leaves. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients: Cocoa kernels, carob pieces, chocolate flakes (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa powder), coconut chips, liquorice root, anise seeds, artificial flavoring, marigold petals, red bell pepper, sea salt

CONTAINS COCONUT AND MILK

About Teavana View company

Not appetizing. Kinda like weak artificially flavored coffee.

Again, I wanted to love this one. But there’s just not enough flavor there.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Really awful, the fake sweetener is overly present and cloying. Will not buy again.

Not My Cup Of Tea #1

So I thought that this would be a good place to start on the monster tea box, I mean, I love coconut, I love caramel, I’m partial to a bit of sea salt,… So I brewed this up during lunch and stuck it in my timolino to drink at work for afternoon tea… Unfortunately I took one sip and ended up pouring the rest down the drain… it was a little too chemically for my taste buds…and upon review of the ingredients it has the usual suspects you would generally expect to find in this sort of tea…. and red bell pepper…. that’s a little strange… Afraid this is not my cup O’Tea either but I’m sure someone will enjoy!!

kieblera5

red bell pepper?? Weird..

beelicious

My thoughts exactly!

Dry the scent will knock your socks off ^^ Sadly that’s it for me. No salt to notice, drink was weak… I did wait to steep.

This tea smells amazing, it trully does, but I think that without any sugar it doesn’t tast really that great, and even with sugar I think that the flavor could be a little bit better. I still have to try this with some milk, maybe it will go well with the chocolate :)

Flavors: Chocolate

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 14 OZ / 400 ML
CruelValkyrie

I actually used 1.5 TSP of tea, I guess steepster doesn’t support decimals or I didn’t know how to put them.

Round 2, I steeped 1 tsp in half cup of water 125mL. The taste came through much better this time, although the liquorice was also stronger in taste.

I tried this as a tea latte as well, with a strong half cup brewed as above, then with hot milk mixed in, but unsweetened. The milk helps bring out the chocolate and cocoa flavours, and the creaminess of the milk also serves to mask some of the icky liquorish flavour. I’ve never been fond of liquorice flavour so tend to skip when possible, especially here where it seems a bit out of place among the decadent dessert flavours of choc, coconut, etc.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 3 OZ / 88 ML

Normally I avoid teas like this, as I know they are laced with artificial BS, but my son Leif (age 22, big fan of Teavana since they first opened their doors in St. Louis), was making himself a cup, & the aroma was so alluring that I just had to try it. He made me a cup too, & although I know I probably won’t ever drink it again (& if I do, it won’t be the same), today is was an awesomely decadent indulgence. Just for today…

I tried this again as a latte and decided that it’s just too cloyingly sweet for me. Something to avoid in the future. I feel like the more tea I drink the less I like presweetened teas, and I didn’t like them very much to begin with.

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

As someone new to tea, this is the first one I tried. I got this in the Holiday Sampler pack from Teavana, the Perfect Tea Maker, and an electric digital kettle from Target. I followed the steep time and temperature directions from the bag and added an extra teaspoon of tea and a teaspoon and a half of sugar before pouring the tea in my mug. The smell and taste is just like a caramel chocolate bar. Love!

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate