Cococaramel Sea Salt Herbal Tea

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Almond, Anise Seeds, Artificial Flavouring, Candied Hazelnuts, Candied Macadamia Nuts, Carob, Chocolate Flakes, Cocoa, Coconut, Hazelnuts, Licorice Root, Marigold Flowers, Paprika, Pistacho, Sea Salt
Butterscotch, Licorice, Caramel, Chocolate, Sweet, Artificial, Fruity, Cocoa, Coconut, Hazelnut, Salt, Spicy, Nuts
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaRawcs

• “Thanks *whatshesaid* for the swap! So apparently I need to stop being a wimp, and I should just go into Teavana and try some teas out because this is pretty good. I wonder what their minimum is...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “SIPDOWN! WOO! It was tasty tonight. Made sure I didn't oversteep it. Added a load of almond milk. I probably won't buy this again, but it was a pretty good dessert tea! And it went well with...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1611 tasting notes
  • “This one is so good. I wrote an awesome review, but my computer ate it earlier...So this will be the short version. Dry, this smells exactly like rocky road ice cream; no kidding. It smells...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 539 tasting notes
  • “I got sucked in by Teavana's emails featuring this blend. And I think I saw a few reviews on here that intrigued me enough to buy the minimum 2 ounces to try it. It smells amazing in the bag but I...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes

From Teavana

The artistically balancing of distinct tastes of sweet and salty is a popular trend with today’s chocolatiers. We’ve made this trend our own with a scrumptious fusion of sweet caramel, decadent chocolate, a hint of cream and a light sprinkling of sea salt. When the mood for self-indulgence strikes, soothe the sweet tooth in this rich and yummy chocolaty herbal blend. PRODUCT CONTAINS DAIRY AND TREE NUTS

A lusciously creamy, nutty blend of caramel & chocolate with a hint of sea salt.

Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to just at boiling (208 degrees/98 degrees Celsius) and steep for 5-6 minutes. For stronger flavor, use more tea leaves. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:Cocoa kernels, carob pieces, chocolate flakes (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa powder), candied hazelnuts (sugar, hazelnuts), anise seeds, candied macadamia nuts (macadamia, sugar), almond pieces, artificial flavoring, liquorice root, coconut chips, hazelnuts, pistachio kernels, marigold petals, paprika, sea salt. CONTAINS TREE NUTS AND DAIRY

About Teavana View company

The scent of the dry mix is as advertised; cocoa, caramel, salt. After a long steep (6 min), there’s a lot less caramel and a lot more licorice…and low sodium.

Drinking this first non-stellar cup minus any additives to get an accurate baseline, but I think this will need some sugar and/or some dairy to accentuate any creamy caramel personality this may have.

Veronica

So it taste like kind of salty licorice? :|

gmathis

Yeah, kind of. Next round, I will dial back the steep time to see if it backs off. No licorice love here.

mj

Boo licorice

I wanted to try this for uh, tasting reasons. It smells like toffee and licorice. And I’m sure why paprika goes in a tisane, but that is a scent I get too. There is some chocolate in the flavour, but I mostly get salt, spice, and licorice root.

This is certainly an interesting assortment of flavours.

Flavors: Licorice, Salt, Spicy

I am obsessed with making this in latte form. First thing I go to with a sweets craving. Something about sea-salt caramel in anything gets me.

145 °F / 62 °C

A lovely dessert tea. Slightly more chocolate than I anticipated given the name implies caramel, but I liked it. I found it naturally sweet and didn’t need to add anything. This is the kind of blend I would enjoy sharing with a girlfriend or two while we catch up and chat about life.

Teavana stopped carrying this tea so my sister got to bring home a $250 bag of it. I kid you not, this bag weighs a ton. Good thing it is delicious! The aroma is unreal, seriously good.

This was my first Teavana experience, while I was at the West Edmonton mall for a girls trip! I mixed this with a little bit of white pearls because I still wanted just a tad bit of caffeine but not too much, so I guess this isn’t a very accurate note on this tea.
I thought this herbal was ok, a nice blend of spices, but still a little bit chocolate too for sweetness. I don’t think I would purchase it though.

This was a great cuppa to go on my shopping adventures!

I tried several sips of the tea before I added the German rock sugar, but it needed a little something. I added some of the rock sugar and it had a nice caramel flavor that the rock sugar definitely enhanced. I did end up liking it and that’s a good thing, since I bought a bunch when it was on sale.

Flavors: Caramel

CocoCaramel SeaSalt

8/10

This stuff is pretty good. The dry loose tea smells moderately like a melted snickers bar, but thankfully does not look like it. Visually, it looks exactly like potpurri peppered with little bits of chocolate.

Once brewed, the liquid is a very light brown with a bit of an oily sheen to it. It retains the melted snicker bar smell but the taste is surprisingly more nutty/baker’s chocolatey than the caramel/milk chocolate taste that I expected. Luckily, I prefer the former anyway :-) (FYI I didn’t add any sweetener or cream, but I’m sure if you did you could easily create something really decadent).

The only factor that caused me to give this tea a less than perfect score is that the tea is rather weak. To get the tea to the desired strength, I pretty much have to triple the recommended amount of the loose leaf and let it brew for a ridiculously long time. Since this stuff wasn’t terribly cheap, I’m disappointed at the amount of product I have to use to get a satisfactory cup of tea :-/

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate, Nuts

3 tsp 13 OZ / 384 ML

Very tasty. The flavours are nice and strong, but it is definitely a sweet drink. Unfortunately I won’t be returning to Teavana so won’t get any more of this tasty treat. The tea I got to-go was awful (Chocolate Chai Latte, half sweet, may as well have been just cinnamon in a cup with some milk) and the sales person was beyond pushy, insisting that we needed to buy more that 50g since it was an herbal and therefore required 3 spoonfuls per cup and didn’t we want far more than just a measly 50g since it is on sale??? That kind of approach to sales turns me right off. I will take DavidsTea any day, where I am never overserved and always treated with respect.

Why. Why did I buy 4 ounces of this? I mean, yeah, I paid 1$ per ounce, but christ! This is single handedly the worst thing I have ever let touch my mouth brewed like tea. It tastes heavily of artificial flavoring, and it has a gross greasy texture. I made a mug of it, and I had to choke it down. It’s one of those things I can’t believe people like, not because I’m being snobby, but because it tastes so bad.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML