Cococaramel Sea Salt Herbal Tea

Herbal Tea
Anise Seeds, Artificial Flavouring, Carob Pieces, Chili Pepper, Chocolate Flakes, Cocoa Kernels, Coconut Chips, Licorice Root, Marigold Petals, Sea Salt
Chocolate, Cocoa, Coconut, Dark Bittersweet, Dark Chocolate, Butterscotch, Licorice, Caramel, Sweet, Artificial, Fruity, Hazelnut, Salt, Spicy, Nuts
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From Teavana

This chocolatier-inspired infusion combines the distinct tastes of sweet and salty. Buttery caramel, decadent chocolate, a hint of cream and a light sprinkling of sea salt satisfies any craving.

A lusciously creamy, nutty blend of caramel & chocolate with a hint of sea salt.

Use 1.5-2 tsp of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to just at boiling (208 degrees/98 degrees Celsius) and steep for 5-6 minutes. For stronger flavor, use more teas leaves. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:Cocoa kernels, carob pieces, chocolate flakes (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa powder), coconut chips, liquorice root, anise seeds, artificial flavoring, marigold petals, red bell pepper, sea salt

CONTAINS COCONUT AND MILK

About Teavana View company

This looked really pretty in the bag and is strong-smelling. I was hoping to fall in love with this one for a night-time tea but…alas…it was not meant to be. While I think it’s good, it’s ONLY good. I taste sweet chocolate. That’s about it. I couldn’t really identify the sweet as being caramel, either. And definitely no salt. I think I also expected it to feel a little thicker. I won’t repurchase this and will keep looking for something that tastes the way I had hoped this would, but I’ll enjoy what I have of it. Thanks for letting me buy this off of you, Ost!

Flavors: Chocolate, Sweet

I want this so badly to be good. How could you go wrong with cocoa, caramel and sea salt? That should be the best flavour combination ever! But this… is not very good.

The dry leaf smells great. Lots of rich chocolate and caramel.

Steeped, the chocolate is there, and a bit of caramel, but the whole thing just tastes watery, when it should be rich and thick. There’s also an unpleasant fruity artificial sweetener kind of flavour on the back of the tongue and throat, which is quite unpleasant and just doesn’t fit at all.

I had this with sugar and milk, which helped it out a little bit, but I still didn’t really enjoy my cup.

Flavors: Artificial, Caramel, Chocolate, Fruity, Sweet

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

ewww that sounds like unpleasantness! What a shame because that combo does sound delish

sweetea

I got a cup of this to-go, once upon a time, and all I remembered was salty hot water with an admittedly great smell. :/

Anlina

Looking at tasting notes, it seems like people either love or hate this.

Teavana stuff is so hit or miss for me, but when it’s good, it’s really good, so I keep trying them.

Starfevre

I still haven’t tried this one, though I have it. You’re not making me particularly want to go dig it out, but it’s probably not getting better with age, either :p

Sipdown!

But not alone. I’ve been drinking this mixed with the Teavana Spiced Apple Cider and a teaspoon of Tealux Vanilla Rooibos which I am almost finished with (yay!). This adds a creamy, almost caramel apple taste to the normal cinnamon apple of the spiced apple cider, which I love. I don’t think I ever drank it alone, but I only had about an ounce of it (came in the gift set last year that I got for a ridiculously good price during the heavenly sale). Not sure I’d repurchase, but it definitely adds a nice flavor to my favorite fall-time tea ever.

I was very disappointed in this one. Somehow, it has a good cocoa taste but is still pretty tasteless and bland- definitely didn’t taste any caramel. The chocolate flavor was nice, fresh, prominent…there was a hint of coconut and hazelnut…but somehow the whole cup was too watery/mild despite the heavy taste of cocoa. I tried it more than once (I use an infuser), doubled my tea leaves, used less water, but it didn’t get any better.

I wasn’t expecting hot chocolate, but this was pretty dang bland. Pretty pissed, actually- I was expecting much better than this so, obviously, I wouldn’t recommend it- if you’re looking for a caramel/desert-type herbal tea, I’d eagerly refer you to “Bengal Spice” by Celestial Seasonings- and “Celestial” isn’t a brand I tend to recommend, but this one here is soooo good, like a cup of cinnamon caramel!
- Loose leaf, with infuser
- 3-4 sugar cubes

Flavors: Chocolate, Cocoa, Coconut, Hazelnut

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 4 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

The scent of the dry mix is as advertised; cocoa, caramel, salt. After a long steep (6 min), there’s a lot less caramel and a lot more licorice…and low sodium.

Drinking this first non-stellar cup minus any additives to get an accurate baseline, but I think this will need some sugar and/or some dairy to accentuate any creamy caramel personality this may have.

Veronica

So it taste like kind of salty licorice? :|

gmathis

Yeah, kind of. Next round, I will dial back the steep time to see if it backs off. No licorice love here.

mj

Boo licorice

I wanted to try this for uh, tasting reasons. It smells like toffee and licorice. And I’m sure why paprika goes in a tisane, but that is a scent I get too. There is some chocolate in the flavour, but I mostly get salt, spice, and licorice root.

This is certainly an interesting assortment of flavours.

Flavors: Licorice, Salt, Spicy

I am obsessed with making this in latte form. First thing I go to with a sweets craving. Something about sea-salt caramel in anything gets me.

145 °F / 62 °C

A lovely dessert tea. Slightly more chocolate than I anticipated given the name implies caramel, but I liked it. I found it naturally sweet and didn’t need to add anything. This is the kind of blend I would enjoy sharing with a girlfriend or two while we catch up and chat about life.

Teavana stopped carrying this tea so my sister got to bring home a $250 bag of it. I kid you not, this bag weighs a ton. Good thing it is delicious! The aroma is unreal, seriously good.

This was my first Teavana experience, while I was at the West Edmonton mall for a girls trip! I mixed this with a little bit of white pearls because I still wanted just a tad bit of caffeine but not too much, so I guess this isn’t a very accurate note on this tea.
I thought this herbal was ok, a nice blend of spices, but still a little bit chocolate too for sweetness. I don’t think I would purchase it though.

This was a great cuppa to go on my shopping adventures!