Mango Maté Pu-erh Punch Maté Tea

Pu-erh Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Karsh

• “_cries_ WHY?! ... First of, this tea smells like garbage. By that, I don't mean that it smells _bad_. I mean that it smells like _rotting garbage_, bags of it. As for the taste, well......” Read full tasting note
    Daniel_Scott 107 tasting notes
  • “With the price as cheap as it was I decided to pull the trigger on this one and get a pound. Ah the aroma on this one is intoxicating especially since I love curry! The mate and pu-erh combo I...” Read full tasting note
    thedjbooth 353 tasting notes
  • “I think I know what it is that throws me off about this tea: it kind of smells pickled. Both the dry leaf and the steeped tea have this kind of pickle-ness that is just weird in tea. After that...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 538 tasting notes
  • “I haven't actually tasted this yet, but so far my first impression of the smell in my cup is this isht smells #cray. First sip... Wow. Nasty... Next sip... Wow. Something this gross is actually...” Read full tasting note
    cbaker6653 42 tasting notes

From Teavana

For a taste of something sweet, spicy, and wonderfully exotic, breathe in the rich flavors of India in this sweet curry, chai mango, passionfruit, mate, and pu-erh tea blend. Steeped with rich ripe guava, double citrus and a touch of ginger, this invigorating and refreshing combination enlightens the senses, conjuring the bustling markets of Agra near the Taj Mahal.

About Teavana View company

The curry is too over powering for me, i’ve never had curry flavoring in tea before, so thought i’d give it a try. Definitely not for me though.. Not too spicy, not too fruity either. Definitely an exotic taste. Tried at different temps, with and with out sugar, couldn’t finish the cup..Going to have to find someone who likes it!

So … I realized that the last time I had this tea I probably didn’t get any actual tea in my infuser. Why? Well, I steeped some of this up as my “Good Morning!” tea today and, lucky for me, I got some mate/pu’erh in the mix.

It tasted like dirt. More accurately, it tasted like fruit that had been covered in dirt. Bonus points for the punch of sour at the end of every sip, because soil wasn’t enough of a foul taste.

I dumped this tea. I wanted to go on, I wanted to not be wasteful, but this was just too horrible. I’m bagging up the rest to give as samples to some tea-loving friends because maybe they’ll like this more than I did. :-/

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This tea is absolutely fabulous, with it mate and pu’erh base, it leaves room for the splash of fruity flavors. Other than the super intense fruit, the star anise, cloves and cardamom combine to add a lovely little spicy note that calms down the fruitiness.

At the end of this review, I am just noticing that this tea has been discontinued… what a shame, it was so lovely!

This can be pretty strong and a bit harsh when hot. Very good iced in the morning

Blah. Still waiting for the punch

Oh my. This tea is so fantastic. Really though. The spices come alive nicely, and blending it with a chai, or the cococarmel sea salt made it THAT much better.

This tea has grown on me. The smell is fairly strong, but there is a nice sweet mango taste and just enough curry spice to it. It can be blended with a sweet herbal tea to enhance the flavor, or it can be added to a chai to sweeten the chai.