Mango Maté Pu-erh Punch Maté Tea

Pu-erh Yerba maté Blend
Cinnamon, Citrus, Fruity, Mango, Orange, Spices
Edit tea info Last updated by Karsh

From Teavana

For a taste of something sweet, spicy, and wonderfully exotic, breathe in the rich flavors of India in this sweet curry, chai mango, passionfruit, mate, and pu-erh tea blend. Steeped with rich ripe guava, double citrus and a touch of ginger, this invigorating and refreshing combination enlightens the senses, conjuring the bustling markets of Agra near the Taj Mahal.

About Teavana View company

The curry is too over powering for me, i’ve never had curry flavoring in tea before, so thought i’d give it a try. Definitely not for me though.. Not too spicy, not too fruity either. Definitely an exotic taste. Tried at different temps, with and with out sugar, couldn’t finish the cup..Going to have to find someone who likes it!

You always find fun surprises when cleaning out the tea cupboard.

I came back to this one today after a very long break, so it’s definitely a little on the old side. To be honest, I kind of forgot that it existed even though it was one of the first teas I ever fell in love with. It’s funny how a tea you haven’t had in a while can bring back memories. One sip of this and I was back in nursing school, taking a break in the hospital cafeteria, and trying to consume as much caffeine as I could in the time I had.

After some time away, I think I may have been expecting this one to taste more like the Spiced Mandarin Oolong that I love so much. There is definitely some overlap in the taste profiles. In comparison, I find this one kind of weak and watery (even with a 5-minute brewing time), with less spice than I would like. It was good enough to finish, but not nearly as exciting as it once was to me.

This one isn’t bad, but I’ve had better mango teas, better mate teas, and better pu-erh teas overall.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Citrus, Fruity, Mango, Orange, Spices

5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

This disgusting stuff, full of crap that escapes any infuser I use. Can’t even taste the pu-erh… just tastes like …. I have no idea, couldn’t finish the cup.

So … I realized that the last time I had this tea I probably didn’t get any actual tea in my infuser. Why? Well, I steeped some of this up as my “Good Morning!” tea today and, lucky for me, I got some mate/pu’erh in the mix.

It tasted like dirt. More accurately, it tasted like fruit that had been covered in dirt. Bonus points for the punch of sour at the end of every sip, because soil wasn’t enough of a foul taste.

I dumped this tea. I wanted to go on, I wanted to not be wasteful, but this was just too horrible. I’m bagging up the rest to give as samples to some tea-loving friends because maybe they’ll like this more than I did. :-/

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This tea is absolutely fabulous, with it mate and pu’erh base, it leaves room for the splash of fruity flavors. Other than the super intense fruit, the star anise, cloves and cardamom combine to add a lovely little spicy note that calms down the fruitiness.

At the end of this review, I am just noticing that this tea has been discontinued… what a shame, it was so lovely!

This can be pretty strong and a bit harsh when hot. Very good iced in the morning

Blah. Still waiting for the punch

Oh my. This tea is so fantastic. Really though. The spices come alive nicely, and blending it with a chai, or the cococarmel sea salt made it THAT much better.

This tea has grown on me. The smell is fairly strong, but there is a nice sweet mango taste and just enough curry spice to it. It can be blended with a sweet herbal tea to enhance the flavor, or it can be added to a chai to sweeten the chai.