Mango Maté Pu-erh Punch Maté Tea

Pu-erh Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Karsh

• “_cries_ WHY?! ... First of, this tea smells like garbage. By that, I don't mean that it smells _bad_. I mean that it smells like _rotting garbage_, bags of it. As for the taste, well......” Read full tasting note
    Daniel_Scott 107 tasting notes
  • “With the price as cheap as it was I decided to pull the trigger on this one and get a pound. Ah the aroma on this one is intoxicating especially since I love curry! The mate and pu-erh combo I...” Read full tasting note
    thedjbooth 345 tasting notes
  • “I think I know what it is that throws me off about this tea: it kind of smells pickled. Both the dry leaf and the steeped tea have this kind of pickle-ness that is just weird in tea. After that...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 521 tasting notes
  • “I haven't actually tasted this yet, but so far my first impression of the smell in my cup is this isht smells #cray. First sip... Wow. Nasty... Next sip... Wow. Something this gross is actually...” Read full tasting note
    cbaker6653 42 tasting notes

From Teavana

For a taste of something sweet, spicy, and wonderfully exotic, breathe in the rich flavors of India in this sweet curry, chai mango, passionfruit, mate, and pu-erh tea blend. Steeped with rich ripe guava, double citrus and a touch of ginger, this invigorating and refreshing combination enlightens the senses, conjuring the bustling markets of Agra near the Taj Mahal.

About Teavana View company

The curry is too over powering for me, i’ve never had curry flavoring in tea before, so thought i’d give it a try. Definitely not for me though.. Not too spicy, not too fruity either. Definitely an exotic taste. Tried at different temps, with and with out sugar, couldn’t finish the cup..Going to have to find someone who likes it!

I brewed some of this as a morning tea earlier this week. I was expecting FRUIT PUNCH! I got something vaguely fruity, a little sour, not bad but definitely not something I would have purchased had I tried it beforehand.

Maybe it’d be better cold brewed? Thoughts? Right now, I’m thinking I’ll try to sip this one down ASAP and clear some space in my cupboard.

This tea is absolutely fabulous, with it mate and pu’erh base, it leaves room for the splash of fruity flavors. Other than the super intense fruit, the star anise, cloves and cardamom combine to add a lovely little spicy note that calms down the fruitiness.

At the end of this review, I am just noticing that this tea has been discontinued… what a shame, it was so lovely!

This can be pretty strong and a bit harsh when hot. Very good iced in the morning

Blah. Still waiting for the punch

Oh my. This tea is so fantastic. Really though. The spices come alive nicely, and blending it with a chai, or the cococarmel sea salt made it THAT much better.

This tea has grown on me. The smell is fairly strong, but there is a nice sweet mango taste and just enough curry spice to it. It can be blended with a sweet herbal tea to enhance the flavor, or it can be added to a chai to sweeten the chai.