Wonderberry Chocolate Truffle Oolong Tea

Oolong Yerba maté Blend
Anise, Artificial Flavouring, Black Currant, Blackberry, Carob Pieces, Chocolate Flakes, Cinnamon, Cocoa, Dried Cherries, Dried Cranberries, Elderberry, Hibiscus Flowers, Natural Flavours, Oolong Tea, Raspberry, Red Currant, Roasted Yerba Mate, Vanilla Pieces
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaRawcs

• “Me thinks this should be called Elderberry (Chocolate) Truffle Oolong as elderberry is clearly the dominant note here and WonderBerry... Really? So funny story on how I came to try this the day...” Read full tasting note
    autumn hearth 300 tasting notes
  • “Lots of berry, toasted notes today with small amounts of chocolate. I'm still getting Christmas jelly sticks! I used just a bit more leaf today and all that did was add to the tartness. I don't...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 521 tasting notes
  • “_Hibiscus?!_ In a _chocolate_ tea?! What was I just saying about Teavana and hibiscus? Seriously, do the blenders for this company have _any idea_ that not everyone loves for everything to...” Read full tasting note
    Daniel_Scott 107 tasting notes
  • “Oolong? Really? Okay, it might be in here somewhere. The chunks of food in this tea blend are the largest yet--even from Teavana. Seriously, the elderberries are HUGE. To prepare this brew, I...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 496 tasting notes

From Teavana

Inspired by Belgium’s decadent chocolate truffles, this delicious oolong is a wonderful blend of rich chocolate, cocoa, and Madagascar vanilla, infused with a mix of elderberries, blackberries, cranberries, cherries, and raspberries. A true chocolate and berry lovers’ delight, these indulgent flavors melt together with a hint of spice to create a perfectly wicked sinless treat.

About Teavana View company

I had such high hopes for this tea. I was intrigued by the Chocolate Truffle so in my last trip to Teavana, I picked up a few ounces.
The smell of the dried tea is intoxicating! There are definite chocolate and berry notes, so I was quite excited to brew it this morning.
Unfortunately, that’s where the chocolate ends. I definitely taste the oolong and the berry, but that’s about it.

I really thought I would love this tea. Unfortunately that’s not the case. I’m not quite sure what it is that’s wrong with it for me. It’s unbalanced somehow, and I’m not really experienced enough to describe it more than that. The flavors seems to be fighting each other rather than being complimentary. It’s really strong flavored, kind of in your face, normally I like that, but this is just too much. Not for me.

It was better than the last time I tried it. It has a certain chocolately taste just barely there, with a tiny hint of some sort of berries. I’m terrible at rating tea. Haha! But I do know that I liked it, and the tastes weren’t very strong but kind of subtle and well blended. I enjoyed it with sugar, while my fiance had his with honey.

I had it on Valentine’s Day in place of real chocolate.

Okay, I’ve just started getting into drinking tea, and I must say I really am starting to love it. I’m not to the point where I can taste ingredients or anything like that. I’m not drinking anything unsweetened or anything flavorless because I’m not there yet. But, I must say this tea is good for a beginner such as myself. The only thing I have against this tea is the fruity taste. It’s a little strong in my opinion, but not horribly. I like the chocolaty after taste of this tea, but that part could be a little stronger. This is my first “desert tea”-not sure if that’s the correct name for this tea, but I was overall satisfied and would recommend this tea to a beginner, and will most likely be purchasing this again soon. (This is my second cup today!)

I really want to love this tea, but every time I’ve tried it I’ve been disappointed. It’s a decent tea, but I feel it’s lacking a fullness in flavor and I don’t really get as much chocolate as I do tart fruit. It’s a nice deep violet color when it steeps and smells delicious, but doesn’t make a particular impact, even sweetened.

DIVINE. Like a chocolate covered cherry in a cup.

I know several people who had mixed thoughts on this one, and I wasn’t so sure about this one based on the description myself. This one has a lot going on, but overall the flavor is pleasant.

First tea to try in a swap box I just got. At first, I really tasted the berry flavor! Wow…that must be what an elderberry tastes like! At the back is a chocolate flavor…I’d have to say a weak dark chocolate.

As I keep drinking it, the berry flavor is subsiding. I’m not sure I’m tasting any tea base. It’s not a bad tea, but not sure I’d buy it over and over, either.

3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I never thought I would see the day where I couldn’t bring myself to finish the cup of tea… I was totally repulsed by this blend. Typically, if it was a matter of the blend simply being “not my cup of tea,” I would give it a passing rating, but still low to reflect my opinion. This blend doesn’t even deserve a pass.
Why? It is a LOVELY-sounding Oolong that brought me great disappointment… Regardless of how it was steeped, it kept coming out tart and very rough on the palate. It tasted like sour berries, with no chocolate at all.
Very disappointing.

I’ve been curious about this tea, if only because of the name, what in the world is a wonderberry? This certainly has berry flavor to it, after looking at the ingredient list I was a bit surprised to see just how many types of berries it actually contains. The strongest of the bunch ended up being elderberry although the currant stands out as well, I had trouble distinguishing the others. Overall I thought this tea was a bit flat, that is until I added some of teavana’s rock sugar, it really needs the sugar to round out the flavors and make the chocolate pop. I think this would make a pretty good tea latte, but sadly I’m still out of milk.