Wonderberry Chocolate Truffle Oolong Tea

Oolong Yerba maté Blend
Anise, Artificial Flavouring, Black Currant, Blackberry, Carob Pieces, Chocolate Flakes, Cinnamon, Cocoa, Dried Cherries, Dried Cranberries, Elderberry, Hibiscus Flowers, Natural Flavours, Oolong Tea, Raspberry, Red Currant, Roasted Yerba Mate, Vanilla Pieces
Artificial, Berry, Chocolate
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaRawcs

• “Me thinks this should be called Elderberry (Chocolate) Truffle Oolong as elderberry is clearly the dominant note here and WonderBerry… Really? So funny story on how I came to try this the...” Read full tasting note
    autumn-hearth 300 tasting notes
  • “Lots of berry, toasted notes today with small amounts of chocolate. I’m still getting Christmas jelly sticks! I used just a bit more leaf today and all that did was add to the tartness. I...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 541 tasting notes
  • Hibiscus?! In a chocolate tea?! What was I just saying about Teavana and hibiscus? Seriously, do the blenders for this company have any idea that not everyone...” Read full tasting note
    Daniel_Scott 107 tasting notes
  • “Oolong? Really? Okay, it might be in here somewhere. The chunks of food in this tea blend are the largest yet—even from Teavana. Seriously, the elderberries are Read full tasting note
    shera-pop 1733 tasting notes

From Teavana

Inspired by Belgium’s decadent chocolate truffles, this delicious oolong is a wonderful blend of rich chocolate, cocoa, and Madagascar vanilla, infused with a mix of elderberries, blackberries, cranberries, cherries, and raspberries. A true chocolate and berry lovers’ delight, these indulgent flavors melt together with a hint of spice to create a perfectly wicked sinless treat.

About Teavana View company

I had such high hopes for this tea. I was intrigued by the Chocolate Truffle so in my last trip to Teavana, I picked up a few ounces.
The smell of the dried tea is intoxicating! There are definite chocolate and berry notes, so I was quite excited to brew it this morning.
Unfortunately, that’s where the chocolate ends. I definitely taste the oolong and the berry, but that’s about it.

I really thought I would love this tea. Unfortunately that’s not the case. I’m not quite sure what it is that’s wrong with it for me. It’s unbalanced somehow, and I’m not really experienced enough to describe it more than that. The flavors seems to be fighting each other rather than being complimentary. It’s really strong flavored, kind of in your face, normally I like that, but this is just too much. Not for me.

It was better than the last time I tried it. It has a certain chocolately taste just barely there, with a tiny hint of some sort of berries. I’m terrible at rating tea. Haha! But I do know that I liked it, and the tastes weren’t very strong but kind of subtle and well blended. I enjoyed it with sugar, while my fiance had his with honey.

I had it on Valentine’s Day in place of real chocolate.

Okay, I’ve just started getting into drinking tea, and I must say I really am starting to love it. I’m not to the point where I can taste ingredients or anything like that. I’m not drinking anything unsweetened or anything flavorless because I’m not there yet. But, I must say this tea is good for a beginner such as myself. The only thing I have against this tea is the fruity taste. It’s a little strong in my opinion, but not horribly. I like the chocolaty after taste of this tea, but that part could be a little stronger. This is my first “desert tea”-not sure if that’s the correct name for this tea, but I was overall satisfied and would recommend this tea to a beginner, and will most likely be purchasing this again soon. (This is my second cup today!)

I really want to love this tea, but every time I’ve tried it I’ve been disappointed. It’s a decent tea, but I feel it’s lacking a fullness in flavor and I don’t really get as much chocolate as I do tart fruit. It’s a nice deep violet color when it steeps and smells delicious, but doesn’t make a particular impact, even sweetened.

DIVINE. Like a chocolate covered cherry in a cup.

I know several people who had mixed thoughts on this one, and I wasn’t so sure about this one based on the description myself. This one has a lot going on, but overall the flavor is pleasant.

While the mixture of this tea sounds like too much going on I decided to buy it anyways because how can anyone mess up an oolong and still be able to produce and sell it in stores?
Well, there is far too much in this tea. I believe that removing the chocolate powder and cranberries would increase its flavor. I am not opposed to chocolate being mixed with oolong but this just was not done in a way that turns into a cup of enjoyment, rather this tea is a cup of ‘I wonder how a good chocolate berry oolong would taste?’

Small Big Traveling Tea Box

Looking into the cup, it distinctly looks like a cup of berry juice with some chocolate melted in…like a rich red color muted by a light tone of brown form the chocolate. I don’t know why but their ability to make it look like this makes me giggle>.

Flavors: Artificial, Berry, Chocolate

190 °F / 87 °C 3 min, 0 sec 1 g 2 OZ / 59 ML
Ost

That tea almost made me puke. It was horrible.

albertocanfly

..yeah… it was not good.. and to think that it is $11 for two ounces..

Didn’t taste any chocolate or truffle. Only the berry flavor came through.