Cranberry Singapore Sling Rooibos Tea

Rooibos Tea
Artificial, Bitter, Citrus, Cranberry, Medicinal, Sweet, Candy, Cherry, Tangy, Tart
Edit tea info Last updated by Karsh

• “Today was both a good and a bad day for tea. Bad because I learned I am not the only one who enjoys tea in my house - my dogs like tea so much that they somehow managed to unzip my backpack, tear...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1922 tasting notes
  • “So I swung by the mall on Wednesday when I was out and about to get a cup of this iced. I'm not much of a rooibos fan no matter how heavily flavored, but when I heard about the juniper berries I...” Read full tasting note
    autumn hearth 300 tasting notes
  • “You guys, I love sales. I got this on sale for a dollar an ounce during Teavana's Heavenly Sale. You guys, cough syrup. That's what I don't love, especially in my freaking tea! This is so gross. I...” Read full tasting note
    ajkiv2411 52 tasting notes
  • “_Singapore Sling_! One of my favourite Greek movies. _snickers_ (Seriously, if you like grindhouse at all, check that one out.) Okay. Rooibos. Berries. Vanilla. Where have I seen this...” Read full tasting note
    Daniel_Scott 107 tasting notes

From Teavana

Opposites attract and travel famously together in this ‘superfruit’ rooibos adventure inspired by the famed ‘Singapore Sling’ cocktail. This tantalizing taste of tart, sweet, and creamy flavors is a nod to the past, created by combining tart cranberry and cherry with sweet pineapple and orange, finished with Madagascar vanilla. Coolest shaken over ice, or served up hot (and stirred).

About Teavana View company

I was disappointed with this tea after I left the store. The taste minded me of the unfortunate days as a child when I was sick and I had to take liquid medicine. I feel as if a non-fruity tea were added it would vastly improve the taste.

The tea tastes artificial and leaves pungent notes as an aftertaste.

Flavors: Artificial, Bitter, Citrus, Cranberry, Medicinal, Sweet

On the nose it’s all cherry cough syrup. On the tongue it’s cherry cough syrup and orange juice.

I love the idea behind this tea but the execution is lacking :| Steeped it till I remembered that I was making it, but it always tastes like this. It’s not terrible, but just too artificial and medicinal to enjoy much.

Flavors: Artificial, Candy, Cherry, Citrus, Cranberry, Medicinal, Sweet, Tangy, Tart

205 °F / 96 °C 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I had such high hopes for this tea. The description sounded so delicious.

“Sweet pineapple blends with bright cherry and cranberry notes and smooth vanilla.”

YES PLEASEWHERE DO I SIGN UP?

Ordered a sample, but apparently they failed to mention that one of the primary ingredients is cough syrup. The cherry flavor is over-powering in a completely horrible way. I was in a meeting while drinking it and my co-workers complained about the smell. Normally they love when I bring a tea to a meeting.

I tried a second steep and it was a bit milder, but overall I was extremely disappointed.

Cavocorax

I’m sorta meh about Teavana. A lot of their blends are really light on actual tea, they’re expensive, and I’ve had bad experiences with ordering online. Some of them are ok, but I’ve found so many companies that I enjoy more.

Teavana and DavidsTEA are pretty great places to start experimenting with tea though. I started drinking through DAVIDs.

teavana is blech-y. i said so. believe me. i KNOW STUFF giggling mmmm i should probably behave around the new kid…that’s what cavo would tell me…or maybe not she like chaos.

This is my just coming out of winter, fruity spring time tea of choice for the moment. I’m really enjoying it. It definitely isn’t an every day kind of tea, but for my current seasonal mood it will remain my go-to.

6 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

The description of this tea on Teavana’s website made it sound so good, so cranberry-flavored, I could hardly wait to get my tea order. What a disappointment! The tea was WAY too sweet to be considered cranberry-flavored; more like “cranberry-punch with lots of sugar.” Cranberries are far down the list of ingredients, with sugar, pineapple, and hibiscus figuring prominently. I couldn’t understand why I also had a strong metallic aftertaste when drinking this tea; then I read that the ingredients included MALTODEXTRIN, sugar distarch phosphate, sodium alginate, and riboflavin. YUCK!!!!!!!! What the hell is maltodextrin doing in tea? I am gluten-sensitive and that may have accounted for the fact that this tea left an aftertaste in my mouth akin to what I think chewing on an aluminum can would. Never again.

It’s absolutely fantastic; probably one of my favorites from Teavana so far. It has a hint of juniper with the softness of vanilla and an ever so slight tanginess from the cranberries and pineapple.

I was reading other reviews of this tea and they were mentioning how it had a medicinal/artificial taste, and yes, I cannot deny that it does, but it is barely noticeable I promise.

Overall it’s a great tea and I would recommend it to anyone :)

Another favourite go-to of mine when at work! This tea cold (or hot!) tastes like a red sucker! Add a little sugar or honey to this and you’ve got the perfect bedtime tea. :)

Boiling 8 min or more

I picked this tea up on a whim, because it smelled good. What a good idea! I enjoy drinking it hot, with just a hint of sugar. It’s good iced as well. I taste cherries, cranberries, and citrus notes. I haven’t noticed the cough syrupy aftertaste that some people complain about. Would definitely buy again.

Just love this tea! Full of bold sweet flavour!