Wild Orange Wulong Oolong Tea

Fruit Oolong Blend
Apple Pieces, Beet Root Pieces, Citrus, Citrus Peel, Hibiscus Flowers, Marigold Petals, Natural Flavours, Oolong Tea, Rose Hips, Rose Petals
Citrus, Citrus Zest, Floral, Sour, Tart
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Not a terribly exciting blend. It's got no "wow" factor to it, but it also doesn't have anything terribly wrong with it. It's quite tart without sugar of course, but you could have guessed that...” Read full tasting note
    Daniel_Scott 107 tasting notes
  • “when I steeped this tea is straight/ by itself, the color really surprised me. It was a deep purple-pink, and I was expecting something more like yellow-orange. As for the taste, it has a very...” Read full tasting note
    mobe1 290 tasting notes
  • “I made a batch of this on a hot day and tried it both iced and hot. I much preferred it iced with no sweetener. I tried different steeping times and it had much more punch and flavor with a much...” Read full tasting note
    junes_flame 46 tasting notes
  • “This tea has a very bright, slightly sour citrus taste with just a bit of a floral flavor to it as well. It becomes quite bitter if you over-steep it. Personally, I prefer my citrus teas to have a...” Read full tasting note
    Inkling 41 tasting notes

From Teavana

Be transported to the wild orange groves off the coast of South America in a cup of this bright citrusy and exotic floral blend. Brimming with a symphony of melodic succulent flavors including juicy oranges, soft marigolds, hibiscus and rose petals, this deliciously sweet green oolong tea ends with a lovely lyrical floral note. Wonderful, served hot or iced.

Bright citrus balanced with gentle orchid, floral notes

About Teavana View company

Not a terribly exciting blend.

It’s got no “wow” factor to it, but it also doesn’t have anything terribly wrong with it. It’s quite tart without sugar of course, but you could have guessed that just from the name. Citrus, right? Turns out this blend actually has both grapefruit and hibiscus, which just has to be sour overkill. Not a good one to drink if you like unsweetened tea…unless, I guess, you’re a big fan of either grapefruit or hibby.

With a small bit of sugar I’m finding it pleasant enough to drink…a calmer, citrus-themed morning tea is how I’m thinking of it, and I’m having it with toast and eggs. (I’ve been trying to review these apart from meals so that there’s no taste interference; but that’s not possibly lately with my hours since I’m only ever home long enough to eat and sleep, so feel free to bear in mind that I’ve had egg in my mouth.)

I think it’s mostly the grapefruit that puts me off this one. I truly dislike grapefruit, but at least it’s not the strongest note here.

Unfortunately, I’d have to say that this one strikes me as having a “flavour hole” in the middle of it, much like DAVIDsTEA’s entire spring collection (for those of you who tried and remembered the way that collection oddly lacked). I think it’s just too one-note, really.

when I steeped this tea is straight/ by itself, the color really surprised me. It was a deep purple-pink, and I was expecting something more like yellow-orange. As for the taste, it has a very strong natural orange flavor (as opposed to an artificial orange flavor, which I’m really not a fan of). There is also possibly a slight note of other citrus fruits like grapefruit or something like that. The oolong leaves act as a fantastic base for this tea because its flavor is subtle, bringing out the citrus flavors.

I made a batch of this on a hot day and tried it both iced and hot. I much preferred it iced with no sweetener. I tried different steeping times and it had much more punch and flavor with a much longer than prescribed steeping time — toward 5 minutes or more. The predominant flavor for me is orange with other herbs and the tea taking a back seat. Its very lovely and fresh tasting. I also noticed you could do quite a few steeps.

This tea has a very bright, slightly sour citrus taste with just a bit of a floral flavor to it as well. It becomes quite bitter if you over-steep it. Personally, I prefer my citrus teas to have a strong second flavor to balance out the citrus and keep it from becoming overpowering, so this one wasn’t my favorite.

Flavors: Citrus, Citrus Zest, Floral, Sour, Tart

This is a great iced tea! I enjoy it hot as well, but I think the sourness and tang from the orange really lends it to being a particularly refreshing iced tea in the summertime. It isn’t so special I would buy it full price, but if it were on sale I would repurchase.

Nice orange flavor

I picked this tea up on a whim, and I’m glad I did! It smells wonderful. It reminds me of blood orange tea, and when steeped, the water in my tea cup turns bright pink! No sugar or sweetener needed. Haven’t tried it iced yet.

A great fruity tea, and tastes much better sweetened. The orange flavor is quite strong. This is one I’ll be reordering.