Caramel Almond Amaretti Herbal Tea

Nuts, Cinnamon, Caramel
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaRawcs

From Teavana

This amazing herbal blend combines sweet cinnamon with rich caramel flavor. Delicious notes of roasted candied almonds are sure to put anyone in a warm mood.

Sweet candied almonds with notes of caramel and cinnamon

Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to just at boiling (208 degrees/98 degrees Celsius) and steep for 5-6 minutes. For stronger flavor, use more tea leaves. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:Apple pieces, cinnamon, sliced almonds, beetroot pieces, artificial flavoring PRODUCT CONTAINS TREE NUTS

About Teavana View company

The ingredients and aroma of this infusion remind of Cinnamon Rolls. The liquor is a bright beet colour and, contrary to the bold smell, I found the taste to be very plain. Certainly enjoyable, but very light.

I’ve finally figured out what this one reminds me of! It makes me think of apple fritters. So, in a word, delicious. I still prefer chocolatey teas, however I’m glad I picked this one up. It’s also one of the few teas the hubster will drink hot.

With the crazy weather we’re having today, I’m definitely curling up in not just a blanket burrito, but a double down comforter burrito! Our house is SO COLD! It’s an old farmhouse, and not everything fits together right, lol. However this means that when the wind blows as hard as it is today, the front door makes a whistling sound reminiscent of a kazoo. ALL. DAY. LONG. Ahh, the joys of renting.

Hubby got up and asked me what I wanted to do today since it’s my birthday. I had decided before today that if he asked I wanted to o shopping and go to a tea shop. We had an enjoyable day & ended up at Teavana (I had never been to one and wanted to see what all the hoopla was about-closest one is an hour away), Qdoba’s for lunch, and a store called Garden Gate we’ve never been to before. Gonna have to budget more time for that one if we go back.

I had signed up for Teavana’s email newsletter and just gotten a $10 off $30 coupon & my mom had just given me a $5 Starbucks gift card someone had given her that she wouldn’t use.. Armed with that and the knowledge of upselling I felt I was ready to go.

I bought a few teas to try @ home and Hubby picked out a couple, have to leave him at home next time .. He has expensive tastes. I was planning on using birthday $ my parents far me and after he started asking for ones he wanted he said I could save my birthday $. Yeah.. More tea later for me!

I got this tea steeped up to go & wasn’t sure what to expect of it. An almond I have tried before was not quite to my liking, so I didn’t want I buy 2 oz on a chance so I felt this was a good one to try just a cup of.

She poured a little of what was in the cup in a little tasting cup to be sure she had the right sugar mixture for me. I agreed it was fine and gave the rest if that to Hubby. I really enjoyed this more than I expected to. It reminded me exactly of the roasted sugar coated nuts you smell in the mall all the time, especially around Christmas and steeped up a pretty pink color. I could see myself enjoying this again, but would more likely be an occasional tea for me as it was very rich. I know she overleafed this more than I would have, so maybe a little less leaf & it would be something I would enjoy more often.

Flavors: Nuts

keychange

Happy birthday! I’m glad you enjoyed celebrating with some tea :)

__Morgana__

Happy birthday!

hapatite

Happy Birthday!

Suziqzer

Thanks for all the birthdays wishes! & yes, it was nice to celebrate with some new tea. :) I think Hubby even enjoyed smelling and sampling a few teas more than he thought he would.

TheTeaFairy

Happy birthday :-)

So, very interestingly I do not believe that this is a clone of DavidsTea’s Forever Nuts. My batch smells quite deliciously caramelly, and tastes much nuttier than the apple-cinnamon flavour of FN. Sure, there’s clearly beet in here to give a red colour, but… it did not seem the same to me. Granted, I can’t compare them side-by-side right now, so I could be wrong, but still.

Anyhow, this was another V-Day tea (the last of the five), and I had quite an incredibly delicious mug of it while watching the boy play soccer a couple weeks ago. So good. And I’m going to have more now, and write another tasting note shortly :D

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Hello.Kiki

This one is on my wishlist! I’m such a sucker for dessert ‘teas’ ;p

Kittenna

Definitely a dessert “tea” :D I seriously could just huff the bag for hours and probably feel like I’d eaten an entire caramel almond… something. Om nom nom.

Hello.Kiki

I have the cococaramel sea salt right now and I totally agree with you. Sometimes I catch myself reaching for the tin just so I can smell it! haha

Amariel

It tastes very much like FN to me.

Tried this in store. Solo yummy. Even my boyfriend liked it. And he’s more into fruity flavor tea

At first I really loved this tea, but as I sipped it more I kept getting a gross artificial sugar aftertaste. It tastes just like apple pie to me which is wonderful, but the aftertaste just kills all the goodness. I definitely won’t be buying this tea again.

I love this tea. I prefer it to Forever Nuts actually. I remember being disappointed by Forever Nuts, but maybe I wasn’t brewing it right.

I like to add a bit of sweetened condensed milk and have it as a dessert tea, or in bed while I read. I think the shade of pink is delightful!

Imagine carrying the sweet smell of warmed cinnamon sugared almonds in a happy cone cup, while galavanting through a Renaissance Fair, letting your mind drift off to a far off and different time in history….It makes me want to watch Game of Thrones oddly enough.

So yeah, it can be quite a special thing, to smell something that brings you back to memories that bring happy thoughts, as the Renaissance Fair is one of my favorite summer time expeditions. I was head over heals at first sniff, and I felt like the taste couldn’t possibly measure up to the glorious smell. I was so delighted upon the realization that this taste exactly as it smells! My only complaint is I had to brew a generous amount to get the full flavor and it does have a slightly artificial aftertaste. It’s best if steeped for longer than recommended as well (12 min. was good). All in all, this is the ultimate dessert tea, and shines even more w/ your milk and sweetener of choice.
I haven’t had the chance to try David’s Tea, Forever Nuts, to compare the two, but will have a go at that next. I was happy to hear that I have an alternative, as apparently Teavana’s version is only available in the Fall.

When I saw the name: Caramel Almond Amaretti, I knew I just had to try it! And the smell, or should I say, the beautiful wonderful aroma that stimulates all your senses at once, made me want to buy their whole stock!

When I brought got home, the first thing I did was put this straight into the teapot! And guess what! IT TURNED PINK LIKE CRAZY HOT PINK. I never imagined this would ever turn pink. How does that even happen? Amazing!

As for the taste, well that was amazing too! The cinnamon taste is quite strong, but it compliments the almond/nutty taste. I’m not too sure where the caramel comes in, but I’m still not disappointed!

Overall, it’s great, and I’d recommend it to anyone :)
blends well with amandine rose