Chocolate Bananas Foster

Herbal Tea
Apple Pieces, Banana, Candied Pinapple, Carob Pieces, Cocoa Kernels, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Rose Hips
Sweet
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “*VariaTEA* was kind enough to send me some - thank you. I'm having a hard time with this tea. I know this is a tisane, and I'm not sure why I would expect anything different - but why is a...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 729 tasting notes
  • “thank you *kallieboo!* for this sample as well. HOLY JEEPERS this is SWEEEEEET! it smells divine...chocolate banana but man i can't drink this because it is a walking talking cup of sugar. Maybe...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4942 tasting notes
  • “Seriously, what am I doing wrong? I used 4 heaping teaspoons this time and steeped for nearly 10 minutes and unsweetened it was slightly sweet water. Sweetener improved the flavors and it is really...” Read full tasting note
    jeweledthumb 303 tasting notes
  • “This is rapidly becoming my go to for a banana tea. It has a little less nut influence, and a lot more fruit flavours going on, but the banana is certainly the dominant flavour. I find this one...” Read full tasting note
    mewakeling 484 tasting notes

From Teavana

Nirvana for the dessert lover, this magnificent herbal blend is deliciously decadent and oh-so-sweet. Rich chocolate, creamy caramel and ripe banana blend smoothly with soft notes of apple, pineapple and rosehips for a guilt-free treat you know you so richly deserve.

Rich chocolate and caramel with sweet banana (By Skysamurai)

Ingredients from the label on the envelope: Apple pieces, pineapple pieces (pineapple, sugar, citric acid), cocoa kernels, banana chips (banana, coconut oil, sugar), carob pieces, rosehip peels, flavoring (chocolate, banana, caramel, crocant). (By SJBP)

About Teavana View company

This is my first dessert tea purchase. I had just had a slice of pizza at the mall and was craving something to cleanse the garlic out of my mouth.. like a dessert. I ventured over to Teavana and looked around and the sales person showed me the new teas. I was intrigued by the chocolate tea – something I would normally not be interested in.. but I wanted dessert!

So, I had her make me a glass (she put 2 tsp of rock sugar in it) and took it back to my office. Yum! Now granted, I have nothing to compare this to but my first glass was great. I did not buy any loose but will go back and get some possibly next week. I really think this tea could keep my hands out of the cookie jar after dinner! :)

This one is alright, its a little better than david’s banana dream pie! all in all, not a bad tea.

This tastes a lot like Banana Dream Pie from DT… I think comparing the two I would have to give more points to the Teavana’s version. For one, it is a herbal tea so it wins a point there. I am always looking for something I can have at night. I also love how the dried leaves look, with nice big chucks of banana and chocolate. Of course the big chucks means that it is heavier, which in the end you don’t get much tea for the 50 grams.

As the name implies , it is a perfect combination of banana and chocolate. A really nice night time treat.

Tealizzy

I love chocolate, but I wish there was a like a banana brown sugar tea. Know of any?

Gabriela

No but that sounds yummy. I heard good things about banana nut cake by DT…. Maybe that has what you are looking for.

This tea reminds me a lot of copabanana, but with chocolate in it, though it’s not as creamy as I thought it would be or I would like it to be. It’s really sweet but that’s a good thing to me, don’t have to add as much agave which I recently read is really bad for your liver:( Might have to switch back to stevia soon, not looking forward to that. I really like this tea and can see myself buying it again, I’m always on the hunt for a good herbal.

1945 tasting notes

Sipdown (122/129)!

Taken with milk. I thought maybe that’d push this one to be more flavourful, especially since I really over leafed this mug to use up the rest of the sample from 221Tea but somehow the opposite affect was acheived.

Instead this came off as lukewarm, slightly oily milk with a bit of extra sweetness. Really, really mediocre (at best). But at least it’s done now, right?

Right. And I have better banana teas anyway.

rosebudmelissa

Which banana teas would you recommend?

At first when I tried this tea, I thought… “this is nice but needs some sugar.” So, I added a 1/2 tsp of sugar. Then when I drank it I thought it was too sweet, like sweet water.

So, I brewed another cup and left out the sugar this time. After several sips I realized it did not need any sugar at all. However, it still just tasted like sweet water to me. Couldn’t finish the cup.

Sorry, not a fan :(

This does smell nicely like chocolate… something. It tastes, uh—- fruitastic. There are other fruit flavours in here. Very sweet too. (On the artificial side.)

One plus- no hibiscus. (Which I enjoy botanically.)

Flavors: Sweet

Thanks to hapatite for the sample!

I’m torn about this one. The aroma has an artificial, unpleasant note, but the tea actually tastes pretty good.

I brewed twice as much tea as was recommended based on the reviews from other tea drinkers. I also added a little rock sugar. I think this is a decent dessert tea. It tastes like nutty bananas, but I don’t get any chocolate here. Still not bad!

I finally got around to turning in my recalled glass tumbler so I picked up 2oz of this herbal while I was at Teavana. it smells sweet and banana-like, and tastes along those lines but wow is this sweet. I like sweet things and this is reaching the overpowering stage for me; I feel like I should brush my teeth after. Not surprising for a Teavana blend, but it’s also pretty heavy with all the chunks of fruit and whatever so I don’t think I’ll get very many cups out of the 2oz.

Had this with a little vanilla half and half.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Not very impressed with this tea. When I smelled it out of the bag, it had an alcohol smell to it, but I can still smell the chocolate and banana.

Brewed up, it’s a light color…I expected it to be darker (then again, there’s no tea, so it sort of makes sense). I still taste this alcohol taste to it. I wonder if it is the apple.

Not getting enough banana, although I am getting some chocolate.

6 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML