Chocolate Bananas Foster

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by SJBP

• “*VariaTEA* was kind enough to send me some - thank you. I'm having a hard time with this tea. I know this is a tisane, and I'm not sure why I would expect anything different - but why is a...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter3657 578 tasting notes
  • “thank you *kallieboo!* for this sample as well. HOLY JEEPERS this is SWEEEEEET! it smells divine...chocolate banana but man i can't drink this because it is a walking talking cup of sugar. Maybe...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4026 tasting notes
  • “Seriously, what am I doing wrong? I used 4 heaping teaspoons this time and steeped for nearly 10 minutes and unsweetened it was slightly sweet water. Sweetener improved the flavors and it is really...” Read full tasting note
    jeweledthumb 239 tasting notes
  • “This is rapidly becoming my go to for a banana tea. It has a little less nut influence, and a lot more fruit flavours going on, but the banana is certainly the dominant flavour. I find this one...” Read full tasting note
    mewakeling 434 tasting notes

From Teavana

Nirvana for the dessert lover, this magnificent herbal blend is deliciously decadent and oh-so-sweet. Rich chocolate, creamy caramel and ripe banana blend smoothly with soft notes of apple, pineapple and rosehips for a guilt-free treat you know you so richly deserve.

Rich chocolate and caramel with sweet banana (By Skysamurai)

Ingredients from the label on the envelope: Apple pieces, pineapple pieces (pineapple, sugar, citric acid), cocoa kernels, banana chips (banana, coconut oil, sugar), carob pieces, rosehip peels, flavoring (chocolate, banana, caramel, crocant). (By SJBP)

About Teavana View company

This is my first dessert tea purchase. I had just had a slice of pizza at the mall and was craving something to cleanse the garlic out of my mouth.. like a dessert. I ventured over to Teavana and looked around and the sales person showed me the new teas. I was intrigued by the chocolate tea – something I would normally not be interested in.. but I wanted dessert!

So, I had her make me a glass (she put 2 tsp of rock sugar in it) and took it back to my office. Yum! Now granted, I have nothing to compare this to but my first glass was great. I did not buy any loose but will go back and get some possibly next week. I really think this tea could keep my hands out of the cookie jar after dinner! :)

This one is alright, its a little better than david’s banana dream pie! all in all, not a bad tea.

This tastes a lot like Banana Dream Pie from DT… I think comparing the two I would have to give more points to the Teavana’s version. For one, it is a herbal tea so it wins a point there. I am always looking for something I can have at night. I also love how the dried leaves look, with nice big chucks of banana and chocolate. Of course the big chucks means that it is heavier, which in the end you don’t get much tea for the 50 grams.

As the name implies , it is a perfect combination of banana and chocolate. A really nice night time treat.

Tealizzy

I love chocolate, but I wish there was a like a banana brown sugar tea. Know of any?

Gabriela

No but that sounds yummy. I heard good things about banana nut cake by DT…. Maybe that has what you are looking for.

This tea reminds me a lot of copabanana, but with chocolate in it, though it’s not as creamy as I thought it would be or I would like it to be. It’s really sweet but that’s a good thing to me, don’t have to add as much agave which I recently read is really bad for your liver:( Might have to switch back to stevia soon, not looking forward to that. I really like this tea and can see myself buying it again, I’m always on the hunt for a good herbal.

This one is very watery! My second time steeping this and I used about 3 teaspoons and steeped for 8 minutes. Improved flavor, but still watery. The banana is light, little chocolate with a bunch of tart flavor (from the apples in this?). The tart aftertaste kind of takes the whole experience back from it being a chocolate banana tea.

Wish there was more chocolate flavor or more of a base. Actually, I think I rather have my husband make real banana fosters (omg so gooood!)

Boiling 8 min or more 3 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Isn’t it interesting how we all have different tastes? After reading some of the reviews I was really hesitant? But I’m glad I tried it. I really like it. I wan’t expecting much of a chocolate taste after the reviews, so I wasn’t disappointed. But I do really like this tea. While it is a mild tea, I find it quite enjoyable. I steeped the tea in my Breville: 3 full tsp./ 500 ml water (2 cups) for 5 minutes. I added a little tiny bit of vanilla sweetener. Yum yum!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

Mild chocolate and banana flavors even at 2+ teaspoons steeped for a modest cup. It IS a nice cup of tea, very pleasant and warming on a winter’s evening. Not an outstanding tea, though. Could have more of a chocolate flavor and less of a sweet one.

Maybe if chocolate was a prominent ingredient, it would be a better tea. And is the flavoring natural or artificial?

I liked this tea it was light and fresh.The chocolate undertone was there but not overpowering.It’s
A great after dinner tea will purchase again. Today I purchased a tin and the tea for 75%off it was at the Burlington Mall location. great service informative but not pushy! Thanks Teavana! while your there try the Peach passion Iced !

The tea looks just like the picture. There are delightful pieces of dried banana as well which I suspect affects the flavor but there is not enough for a piece per cup which is disappointing.

If you are making this tea be very careful not to let it steep too long, it tends to get oily if you do. I had to toss my first cup because of this so I’m holding off on rating until I do.

Backlog.

I got this as a to go cup because I had really wanted to try this tea, but didn’t want to buy 2oz of it to do so. My to go cup was lightly sweetened with their German rock sugar.

The aroma is very banana-y (is that a word?) and the scent carries over into the flavor. The chocolate is thin-to-nonexistent. It’s a pleasant tea, but not one that I’d purchase to brew at home. It has the same funky taste I found in their Strawberry Rose/Peach Tranquility blend and the Strawberry/Peach iced tea my friend made using their teas. Can’t tell if it’s the German rock sugar or something they use to flavor their teas, but it’s really disconcerting to find it here.