Chocolate Bananas Foster

Herbal Tea
Apple Pieces, Banana, Candied Pinapple, Carob Pieces, Cocoa Kernels, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Rose Hips
banana, Chocolate, Sweet
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “*VariaTEA* was kind enough to send me some - thank you. I'm having a hard time with this tea. I know this is a tisane, and I'm not sure why I would expect anything different - but why is a...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 752 tasting notes
  • “thank you *kallieboo!* for this sample as well. HOLY JEEPERS this is SWEEEEEET! it smells divine...chocolate banana but man i can't drink this because it is a walking talking cup of sugar. Maybe...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5400 tasting notes
  • “Seriously, what am I doing wrong? I used 4 heaping teaspoons this time and steeped for nearly 10 minutes and unsweetened it was slightly sweet water. Sweetener improved the flavors and it is really...” Read full tasting note
    jeweledthumb 339 tasting notes
  • “This is rapidly becoming my go to for a banana tea. It has a little less nut influence, and a lot more fruit flavours going on, but the banana is certainly the dominant flavour. I find this one...” Read full tasting note
    mewakeling 506 tasting notes

From Teavana

Nirvana for the dessert lover, this magnificent herbal blend is deliciously decadent and oh-so-sweet. Rich chocolate, creamy caramel and ripe banana blend smoothly with soft notes of apple, pineapple and rosehips for a guilt-free treat you know you so richly deserve.

Rich chocolate and caramel with sweet banana (By Skysamurai)

Ingredients from the label on the envelope: Apple pieces, pineapple pieces (pineapple, sugar, citric acid), cocoa kernels, banana chips (banana, coconut oil, sugar), carob pieces, rosehip peels, flavoring (chocolate, banana, caramel, crocant). (By SJBP)

About Teavana View company

Not very impressed with this tea. When I smelled it out of the bag, it had an alcohol smell to it, but I can still smell the chocolate and banana.

Brewed up, it’s a light color…I expected it to be darker (then again, there’s no tea, so it sort of makes sense). I still taste this alcohol taste to it. I wonder if it is the apple.

Not getting enough banana, although I am getting some chocolate.

6 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This one is very watery! My second time steeping this and I used about 3 teaspoons and steeped for 8 minutes. Improved flavor, but still watery. The banana is light, little chocolate with a bunch of tart flavor (from the apples in this?). The tart aftertaste kind of takes the whole experience back from it being a chocolate banana tea.

Wish there was more chocolate flavor or more of a base. Actually, I think I rather have my husband make real banana fosters (omg so gooood!)

Boiling 8 min or more 3 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I have received a lovely and generous sample from Hapatite. Thank-you!
I have been lucky enough to have two samples which I have enjoyed very much. I really do have to get some of this for myself.
The pale color always surprises me because I have that ‘chocolate’ word in there. They got the chocolate taste and the banana well blended. I don’t taste half the flavors they mention… apple pieces, pineapple?? Doesn’t matter! The flavors blend well to give me a satisfying dessert tea substituting for real desserts.

Mild chocolate and banana flavors even at 2+ teaspoons steeped for a modest cup. It IS a nice cup of tea, very pleasant and warming on a winter’s evening. Not an outstanding tea, though. Could have more of a chocolate flavor and less of a sweet one.

Maybe if chocolate was a prominent ingredient, it would be a better tea. And is the flavoring natural or artificial?

I liked this tea it was light and fresh.The chocolate undertone was there but not overpowering.It’s
A great after dinner tea will purchase again. Today I purchased a tin and the tea for 75%off it was at the Burlington Mall location. great service informative but not pushy! Thanks Teavana! while your there try the Peach passion Iced !

The tea looks just like the picture. There are delightful pieces of dried banana as well which I suspect affects the flavor but there is not enough for a piece per cup which is disappointing.

If you are making this tea be very careful not to let it steep too long, it tends to get oily if you do. I had to toss my first cup because of this so I’m holding off on rating until I do.

Backlog.

I got this as a to go cup because I had really wanted to try this tea, but didn’t want to buy 2oz of it to do so. My to go cup was lightly sweetened with their German rock sugar.

The aroma is very banana-y (is that a word?) and the scent carries over into the flavor. The chocolate is thin-to-nonexistent. It’s a pleasant tea, but not one that I’d purchase to brew at home. It has the same funky taste I found in their Strawberry Rose/Peach Tranquility blend and the Strawberry/Peach iced tea my friend made using their teas. Can’t tell if it’s the German rock sugar or something they use to flavor their teas, but it’s really disconcerting to find it here.

This tastes like watered down apple juice with a hint of banana and chocolate…literally. Why…just why?

This is a really dessert-like tea (my favorite kind) and it lives up to its name. The most prominent flavor here is the banana. The apple and pineapple add some sweetness and the slight chocolate taste comes from cocoa AND carob! It is nice because it has a light body. With the flavors in this tea, a light body is essential so that it’s not too overwhelming or bitter.

Sorry about the misleading picture but there is not actually any caramel in here; it only comes from the artificial flavors.

My first tea picked up from Teavana, and took a risk considering the smallest size I could order in was massive.
However, I was very impressed with this dessert tea: a nice after meal treat when served hot, and a refreshing chiller when iced.
Another masterful herbal blend from Teavana.