Chocolate Bananas Foster

Herbal Tea
Apple Pieces, Banana, Candied Pinapple, Carob Pieces, Cocoa Kernels, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Rose Hips
Chocolate, Fruity, Apple, banana, Sweet
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

From Teavana

Nirvana for the dessert lover, this magnificent herbal blend is deliciously decadent and oh-so-sweet. Rich chocolate, creamy caramel and ripe banana blend smoothly with soft notes of apple, pineapple and rosehips for a guilt-free treat you know you so richly deserve.

Rich chocolate and caramel with sweet banana (By Skysamurai)

Ingredients from the label on the envelope: Apple pieces, pineapple pieces (pineapple, sugar, citric acid), cocoa kernels, banana chips (banana, coconut oil, sugar), carob pieces, rosehip peels, flavoring (chocolate, banana, caramel, crocant). (By SJBP)

About Teavana View company

This does smell nicely like chocolate… something. It tastes, uh—- fruitastic. There are other fruit flavours in here. Very sweet too. (On the artificial side.)

One plus- no hibiscus. (Which I enjoy botanically.)

Flavors: Sweet

Thanks to hapatite for the sample!

I’m torn about this one. The aroma has an artificial, unpleasant note, but the tea actually tastes pretty good.

I brewed twice as much tea as was recommended based on the reviews from other tea drinkers. I also added a little rock sugar. I think this is a decent dessert tea. It tastes like nutty bananas, but I don’t get any chocolate here. Still not bad!

I finally got around to turning in my recalled glass tumbler so I picked up 2oz of this herbal while I was at Teavana. it smells sweet and banana-like, and tastes along those lines but wow is this sweet. I like sweet things and this is reaching the overpowering stage for me; I feel like I should brush my teeth after. Not surprising for a Teavana blend, but it’s also pretty heavy with all the chunks of fruit and whatever so I don’t think I’ll get very many cups out of the 2oz.

Had this with a little vanilla half and half.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Not very impressed with this tea. When I smelled it out of the bag, it had an alcohol smell to it, but I can still smell the chocolate and banana.

Brewed up, it’s a light color…I expected it to be darker (then again, there’s no tea, so it sort of makes sense). I still taste this alcohol taste to it. I wonder if it is the apple.

Not getting enough banana, although I am getting some chocolate.

6 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This one is very watery! My second time steeping this and I used about 3 teaspoons and steeped for 8 minutes. Improved flavor, but still watery. The banana is light, little chocolate with a bunch of tart flavor (from the apples in this?). The tart aftertaste kind of takes the whole experience back from it being a chocolate banana tea.

Wish there was more chocolate flavor or more of a base. Actually, I think I rather have my husband make real banana fosters (omg so gooood!)

Boiling 8 min or more 3 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I have received a lovely and generous sample from Hapatite. Thank-you!
I have been lucky enough to have two samples which I have enjoyed very much. I really do have to get some of this for myself.
The pale color always surprises me because I have that ‘chocolate’ word in there. They got the chocolate taste and the banana well blended. I don’t taste half the flavors they mention… apple pieces, pineapple?? Doesn’t matter! The flavors blend well to give me a satisfying dessert tea substituting for real desserts.

Mild chocolate and banana flavors even at 2+ teaspoons steeped for a modest cup. It IS a nice cup of tea, very pleasant and warming on a winter’s evening. Not an outstanding tea, though. Could have more of a chocolate flavor and less of a sweet one.

Maybe if chocolate was a prominent ingredient, it would be a better tea. And is the flavoring natural or artificial?

I liked this tea it was light and fresh.The chocolate undertone was there but not overpowering.It’s
A great after dinner tea will purchase again. Today I purchased a tin and the tea for 75%off it was at the Burlington Mall location. great service informative but not pushy! Thanks Teavana! while your there try the Peach passion Iced !

The tea looks just like the picture. There are delightful pieces of dried banana as well which I suspect affects the flavor but there is not enough for a piece per cup which is disappointing.

If you are making this tea be very careful not to let it steep too long, it tends to get oily if you do. I had to toss my first cup because of this so I’m holding off on rating until I do.

Backlog.

I got this as a to go cup because I had really wanted to try this tea, but didn’t want to buy 2oz of it to do so. My to go cup was lightly sweetened with their German rock sugar.

The aroma is very banana-y (is that a word?) and the scent carries over into the flavor. The chocolate is thin-to-nonexistent. It’s a pleasant tea, but not one that I’d purchase to brew at home. It has the same funky taste I found in their Strawberry Rose/Peach Tranquility blend and the Strawberry/Peach iced tea my friend made using their teas. Can’t tell if it’s the German rock sugar or something they use to flavor their teas, but it’s really disconcerting to find it here.