Tropical Nut Paradise

Rooibos Tea
Artificial Flavouring, Coconut Chips, Hazelnut, Mango, Papaya, Pineapple Piece, Roasted Almonds, Rooibos, Walnuts
Caramel, Cinnamon, Nutty, Tropical, Walnut, Apple, Fruity, Nuts, Oats, Rooibos
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela

2 Images

• “I like this a lot more than I anticipated. The last tea I tried from my Teavana sale box was so terrible. I was actually scared to brew something else from them from the same order. Thank God I...” Read full tasting note
    kbat21 33 tasting notes
  • “My desk is starting to look like a teacup/mug garage sale. I seem to have a bad habit of forgetting to take my mug back downstairs with me and instead start hoarding them at my office desk....” Read full tasting note
    AtomEve 73 tasting notes
  • “A nice evening tea; brewed for about 7 minutes. Has a nice nutty flavor, and nutty aroma (with some slight tropical fruity flavors - pineapple, mango, papaya, but mostly nuttiness and some caramel...” Read full tasting note
    michelleszetela 106 tasting notes
  • “A sample from *221Tea* that I tried out a few nights ago. Plan was to cold brew, which I definitely still intend on doing, I just realized I had enough leaf for a hot cup too. Unfortunately the...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1684 tasting notes

From Teavana

A blissful blending of the tropics featuring walnut, hazelnut, and coconut with pineapple, mango, and papaya, forming the perfect rooibos island escape. Product contains nuts.

Sweet pineapple notes with creamy coconut and nutty body. A perfect balance with South African red rooibos that adds another layer of caramel and nutty flavor.

About Teavana View company

I like this a lot more than I anticipated. The last tea I tried from my Teavana sale box was so terrible. I was actually scared to brew something else from them from the same order. Thank God I like this tea. I’m always kind of on the fence about Rooibos teas. They can be so sweet and kind of flimsy to me. But this tea has real body, and I appreciate that. It is pleasantly nutty and it has a malty-sweet underpinning I cannot quite describe. It reminds me of something else I cannot place. I hope I bought 4 ounces of this, too, but I bet I didn’t. Obviously, I can’t always judge what I will like and what I will dislike. Teavana has been mostly misses for me these days.

Anyway, I’ll add this to my list of acceptable nighttime teas.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

My desk is starting to look like a teacup/mug garage sale. I seem to have a bad habit of forgetting to take my mug back downstairs with me and instead start hoarding them at my office desk. Awesome.

Anyway, I have to run a quick errand so I’m steeping a cup of tea to-go! On opening the bag, it looks less like tea and more like something that should be sprinkled over yogurt and granola. It smells like the dessert apple crumble but has a very nutty flavor. I see pineapple, mango, and papaya listed but honestly can’t taste any of those over the walnut and hazelnut. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect so I like the subtlety of the fruit and the overall nuttiness of this tea.

A nice evening tea; brewed for about 7 minutes. Has a nice nutty flavor, and nutty aroma (with some slight tropical fruity flavors – pineapple, mango, papaya, but mostly nuttiness and some caramel and cinnamon). Much nicer than I had thought, and something I’d have again, especially since it’s a rooibos (which means I can drink it even in the evenings).

Flavors: Caramel, Cinnamon, Nutty, Tropical, Walnut

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

A sample from 221Tea that I tried out a few nights ago. Plan was to cold brew, which I definitely still intend on doing, I just realized I had enough leaf for a hot cup too.

Unfortunately the hot cup didn’t impressed me that much; it was like very weak, slightly wood chipp-y cinnamon water with a flat, generic fruitiness. I don’t know if I understeeped, though I definitely didn’t underleaf. I’m thinking this is probably just another Teavana let down. Oh well, it’s not like I had high hopes anyway.

Maybe my cold brew’ll go over better.

Flavors: Cinnamon

Hapatite sent me this tea as a freebie with my stash sale purchase. I haven’t had a tea from Teavana in a long time. I like the sound of this blend, I love nutty flavors and there are big chunks of candied fruit in there. It smells delicious, very nutty and sweet! I steeped about two teaspoons (I always overleaf rooibos blends) for 5 minutes.

I was surprised by the amount of cinnamon in the brewed aroma, considering I didn’t get any from the dry leaf! It smells very creamy and nutty with cinnamon on top. The taste reminds me of apple cinnamon oatmeal! I guess the oat tastes comes from the nuts? I added a little sugar, but I don’t think it’s necessary considering all the fruit is candied. I was very pleasantly surprised by this tea! I feel dirty for liking a Teavana tea… :(

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Fruity, Nuts, Oats, Rooibos

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
donkeytiara

….it’s like selling your tea soul to the tea devil, isn’t it? :)

My son was given a Teavana e-gift certificate for a birthday present, and as he still calls my favorite beverage “water with aftertaste,” he served as the factotum for a nice little order. (And no doubt, will milk his kindness for all kinds of debt repayment down the road. He loves his mom :)

Chose this one because it sounded tasty and it was 75% off. One does not pass up a discount like that, does one? Especially as proud as Teavana is of their tea.

Anyway, the box came today (some of us would call that a God-hug; He knew what kind of lousy day I was going to have!) and I had to tear into it. This is, in fact, pretty tasty! Lots of cinnamon, lots of pineapple, the nutty part just brushes the top of your palate. But for a Cheapster summery option, it’s a good ’un!

yyz

Glad you had something come in to brighten up your day! Have a better day tomorrow!

Spencer

Time to break out the Red Rose.

gmathis

Spencer, I am loving my little unassuming RR bags! Finally found them locally, both caf and decaf. The decaf is a great base for all the minty things I’ve been growing on the back porch.

Spencer

I had no idea that they had a decaf version! Sounds wonderful.
Where did you find them, locally?

gmathis

Wal-Mart, of all places; also at a Food 4 Less, which is a regional chain that probably doesn’t go far enough west for you. Last box even had a little china sailing ship in it!

Spencer

Food4Less is here, too! I will have to take a look.

gmathis

Interesting! We’re weird. One of our favorite things to do on vacation is go look at “foreign” grocery stores.

K S

Just look? That is weird ;)

gmathis

On our usual vacation budget, we’re lucky to have gas money to make it farther than Granby, much less shop! (Next bump in the road over.)

This tea is pretty heavy on the cinnamon. The aroma is primarily cinnamon, and a little nutty.

After steeping, the flavor was kind of weak, and I steeped for 6 and a half minutes. I added a little rock sugar, which brought the nutty flavor forward. I didn’t taste any fruit. There was an odd flavor to this one, and it tasted a little artificial.

hapatite

I agree, a bit artificial

I wanted to try a nut-heavy tea, but this turned out to be stronger on the fruit than the nuts. You can taste the smooth darkness of the hazelnut/coconut, but the pineapple and other tropical sweetness is much more powerful. If you like the sound of that, it’s worth a try but I won’t be buying again – the quest for an adequately warm and nutty tea continues! This is a good balance for what it is, though.

3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

This tea has sweetness that linger after the nutty taste is gone. I drank it cold with no sweetener, which I preferred than cold with some sweetness. Not one of my favorites, but certainly better than some of the other nuttier teas.

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I might’ve steeped this one a little too long; it seems to have acquired a bit of a bitter taste. Regardless, it fades away into a pleasant nutty aftertaste. I can definitely taste the walnuts. The fruit, not so much. Nuts are the star here.

I have approximately 150g of this to get through…I think I can do it.

Edit: Aaaand the addition of some sweetener just made this a million times better. Thanks, Sugar Twin. I’ll never take you for granted again.