Strawberry Cream

White Tea
Sour, Strawberry, Cream, Tart
Edit tea info Last updated by Lala

• “So I made this one as a cold brew. Not remembering that I made it as a cold brew back in February. And re-reading my old tasting notes, I didn't like it then. And guess what, I don't like it...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 753 tasting notes
  • “So this was one of the Teavana teas that ActUALLY arrived from my last order. I nearly wish it hadn't. :P I forgot about the hibiscus when I steeped it and now it's just a little too tart. But...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1617 tasting notes
  • “I was scared to try this tea due to my lack of success with other Teavana teas. This is the last tea out of my teavana purchase 6 weeks ago that I am trying, it didn't excite me even before I...” Read full tasting note
    ashleyelizabeth 190 tasting notes
  • “I love strawberry teas and this one from Teavana does not disappoint. It is still not as good as the Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait from Davids but still good. It has a sweet cream flavor that I rather...” Read full tasting note
    Gabrielad 68 tasting notes

From Teavana

Imagine luscious peaks of whipped cream brightened with slices of ripe strawberries. Now enjoy the same flavors without any guilt, in this rich and dairy-free dessert treat, served on a snowy white tea base. A creamy, strawberry dream indeed!

Lush strawberries and sweet cream

About Teavana View company

So I made this one as a cold brew. Not remembering that I made it as a cold brew back in February. And re-reading my old tasting notes, I didn’t like it then. And guess what, I don’t like it now. Ha ha.

I brewed it for about 10 hours. I did not notice until I stopped brewing it that the first ingredient in the tea is hibiscus. I do not favour hibiscus, but it really depends on the blend. I do not like hibiscus hot, but I really do not like it cold brewed at all.

This one turned out a beautiful red hibiscus colour. At first it was extremely tart, I couldn’t taste anything other than fruity tartness. I added a whole bunch of sugar. I didn’t measure, just dumped it in from the sugar bowl. That definitely helped. Still tart, but quite toned down with the sugar. The sugar did not make it too sweet because there was so much tartness. There is a strawberry taste to it, but not a sweet strawberry, like a tart, not quite ripe strawberry. It is not as creamy cold as it is hot. Like I said in my previous tasting note, which I forgot about, I prefer this one hot.

So this was one of the Teavana teas that ActUALLY arrived from my last order.
I nearly wish it hadn’t. :P I forgot about the hibiscus when I steeped it and now it’s just a little too tart. But it smells like strawberry cream. Beautifuly, tantalizing strawberry cream….

I’m hoping that a shorter steep time will tame the hibiscus. If not, then cold-steeping. I don’t have too much of this at least.

Yvonne

I ALMOST picked this one up during their sale until I saw the hibiscus. So glad I didn’t now!

Cavocorax

Yeah. :( Well, I only paid a little for it so it could have been worse…

I was scared to try this tea due to my lack of success with other Teavana teas. This is the last tea out of my teavana purchase 6 weeks ago that I am trying, it didn’t excite me even before I purchased it, I only bought it because it was on clearance.

This tea is heavy on the fruit, I am not seeing a lot of tea in my bag which really bothers me, because their prices don’t reflect the lack of tea. The flavour is good, but artificial, which is not surprising coming from Teavana. I also cannot taste any of the base at all.

Although this tea is enjoyable, I would not purchase it again because there are far better strawberry teas out there. I don’t think I’ll be purchasing any tea from Teavana again because I find their teas have very little actual tea, their flavours are artificial and you can’t purchase less than 50 grams of a tea.

I love strawberry teas and this one from Teavana does not disappoint. It is still not as good as the Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait from Davids but still good. It has a sweet cream flavor that I rather like. It tastes like a warm strawberry yogurt. Again not as good or as cheap as the tea from DT so changes are I won’t be buying it again, but I was pleasantly surprised with this one.

This tea is… decent.
I am not particularly a fan of hibiscus teas so I had a hard time convincing myself to give this one a try because the first ingredient on the ingredients list is “hibiscus flowers,” which is too bad since it’s a white tea. I can’t say I was too happy about that but I eventually did end up buying a 50g bag for myself, considering the list of ingredients mirrored the list of my favourite strawberry tea (Teaopia’s Strawberry Fields) almost perfectly.
The smell of this tea dry is just heavenly. It smells like fresh strawberries topped with a huge dollop of cream, but there was a faint apple scent as well. Once steeped, the smell becomes a lot more syrupy/sugary. It smells… artificial. This was a big letdown but I decided to base my judgment on the taste test and not the smell. And that’s where the true letdown happened.
Hibiscus. Hibiscus everywhere. Hibiscus really took the wheel with this tea and almost completely overpowered the fruity notes. It is definitely less pronounced when cooled down, but the strawberry flavour that comes through then is definitely not as Pow! Fresh In Your Face Strawberry! as I had hoped. It’s quite artificial tasting. This is not necessarily a bad thing. I can see this tea being quite wonderful brewed with a lemonade or with a few shavings of frozen lemon added to it (which I will try next) but a substitute/rival to Strawberry Fields it is not. Someone on the Teavana site mentioned that cutting down the tea to around 1/2 to 3/4 a teaspoon greatly reduces the artificial flavour so I’m not giving up on this tea just yet.
This tea is not as delicate and light as I would expect from a white tea, which is disappointing considering the price tag, but I think there’s a great tea hiding here, just maybe a little fussy.

Lately I’ve been strangely craving strawberry teas (any recommendations would be great!) so I bought a few from Teavana. I decided to start with this one and bleh. It’s unpleasantly sour and doesn’t quite have that nice strawberry tartness as Davids’ Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait.

I blame you, hibiscus.

So what I actually did for my second cup was go through the leaves and weed out the dried pieces of hibiscus ( I know .) and well…at least the sourness was gone. Haha.

It just became a rather bland strawberry tea. Then I realized that it would taste like that since it’s in a white base. I guess I’ll try mixing and matching it with some other teas or cold-brewing it. Bottom line is, would not buy again.

Flavors: Sour, Strawberry

It smells mellow, sweet, and a little tart. But I was wrong. This tea is too tart and too bitter.

I’ve tried decreasing the amount of tea, and decreasing the water temp. Still not a good outcome! The tea was overly tart every single time. I would like it more if I knew how to fix it, but fail every time.

Even if I steep about 5 seconds too long, it still effects it!

I’d like to give a huge shout out to the wonderful person known as Ost! She saved me from the dregs of Finals week and sent me some lovely teas to try. She took the dying out of studying :P tehehe..

This tea smells like strawberry ice cream :] It has a beautiful rose color. In the beginning it was was pretty tart.. but I did really like the smooth creamy taste that followed. On the tip of the tongue, it has a pretty artifical strawberry taste and on when it reaches the back, it has a tart bite to it. The white tea does not really take center stage as you can hardly taste it. But this tea rebrews well. I almost like the rebrewed tea better because it gets rid of the overwhelming tartness. And I found that it tasted better when lukewarm instead of cold or hot. interesting. Over all, it was a pretty decent tea:]

Flavors: Cream, Strawberry, Tart

3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Made a few pitchers of this as iced tea. Nice and fruity with low caffeine. Added some liquid stevia and berries!

Tried this last night at a friends place. I like strawberry, and I was alright with a berry tea, but this is sadly lacking in the promised cream component of the flavour. I was hoping for a bit more muted of a strawberry, softened by some vanilla tinted cream notes. Not so much. Tart, tart, and more tart would be an apt description. Interesting, glad I tried it, not something I would run and reach for again.