Strawberry Cream

White Tea
Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by Lala

• “So I made this one as a cold brew. Not remembering that I made it as a cold brew back in February. And re-reading my old tasting notes, I didn't like it then. And guess what, I don't like it...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 709 tasting notes
  • “So this was one of the Teavana teas that ActUALLY arrived from my last order. I nearly wish it hadn't. :P I forgot about the hibiscus when I steeped it and now it's just a little too tart. But...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1393 tasting notes
  • “I was scared to try this tea due to my lack of success with other Teavana teas. This is the last tea out of my teavana purchase 6 weeks ago that I am trying, it didn't excite me even before I...” Read full tasting note
    ashleyelizabeth 174 tasting notes
  • “I love strawberry teas and this one from Teavana does not disappoint. It is still not as good as the Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait from Davids but still good. It has a sweet cream flavor that I rather...” Read full tasting note
    Gabrielad 67 tasting notes

From Teavana

Imagine luscious peaks of whipped cream brightened with slices of ripe strawberries. Now enjoy the same flavors without any guilt, in this rich and dairy-free dessert treat, served on a snowy white tea base. A creamy, strawberry dream indeed!

Lush strawberries and sweet cream

About Teavana View company

So I made this one as a cold brew. Not remembering that I made it as a cold brew back in February. And re-reading my old tasting notes, I didn’t like it then. And guess what, I don’t like it now. Ha ha.

I brewed it for about 10 hours. I did not notice until I stopped brewing it that the first ingredient in the tea is hibiscus. I do not favour hibiscus, but it really depends on the blend. I do not like hibiscus hot, but I really do not like it cold brewed at all.

This one turned out a beautiful red hibiscus colour. At first it was extremely tart, I couldn’t taste anything other than fruity tartness. I added a whole bunch of sugar. I didn’t measure, just dumped it in from the sugar bowl. That definitely helped. Still tart, but quite toned down with the sugar. The sugar did not make it too sweet because there was so much tartness. There is a strawberry taste to it, but not a sweet strawberry, like a tart, not quite ripe strawberry. It is not as creamy cold as it is hot. Like I said in my previous tasting note, which I forgot about, I prefer this one hot.

So this was one of the Teavana teas that ActUALLY arrived from my last order.
I nearly wish it hadn’t. :P I forgot about the hibiscus when I steeped it and now it’s just a little too tart. But it smells like strawberry cream. Beautifuly, tantalizing strawberry cream….

I’m hoping that a shorter steep time will tame the hibiscus. If not, then cold-steeping. I don’t have too much of this at least.

Yvonne

I ALMOST picked this one up during their sale until I saw the hibiscus. So glad I didn’t now!

Cavocorax

Yeah. :( Well, I only paid a little for it so it could have been worse…

I was scared to try this tea due to my lack of success with other Teavana teas. This is the last tea out of my teavana purchase 6 weeks ago that I am trying, it didn’t excite me even before I purchased it, I only bought it because it was on clearance.

This tea is heavy on the fruit, I am not seeing a lot of tea in my bag which really bothers me, because their prices don’t reflect the lack of tea. The flavour is good, but artificial, which is not surprising coming from Teavana. I also cannot taste any of the base at all.

Although this tea is enjoyable, I would not purchase it again because there are far better strawberry teas out there. I don’t think I’ll be purchasing any tea from Teavana again because I find their teas have very little actual tea, their flavours are artificial and you can’t purchase less than 50 grams of a tea.

I love strawberry teas and this one from Teavana does not disappoint. It is still not as good as the Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait from Davids but still good. It has a sweet cream flavor that I rather like. It tastes like a warm strawberry yogurt. Again not as good or as cheap as the tea from DT so changes are I won’t be buying it again, but I was pleasantly surprised with this one.

This tea is… decent.
I am not particularly a fan of hibiscus teas so I had a hard time convincing myself to give this one a try because the first ingredient on the ingredients list is “hibiscus flowers,” which is too bad since it’s a white tea. I can’t say I was too happy about that but I eventually did end up buying a 50g bag for myself, considering the list of ingredients mirrored the list of my favourite strawberry tea (Teaopia’s Strawberry Fields) almost perfectly.
The smell of this tea dry is just heavenly. It smells like fresh strawberries topped with a huge dollop of cream, but there was a faint apple scent as well. Once steeped, the smell becomes a lot more syrupy/sugary. It smells… artificial. This was a big letdown but I decided to base my judgment on the taste test and not the smell. And that’s where the true letdown happened.
Hibiscus. Hibiscus everywhere. Hibiscus really took the wheel with this tea and almost completely overpowered the fruity notes. It is definitely less pronounced when cooled down, but the strawberry flavour that comes through then is definitely not as Pow! Fresh In Your Face Strawberry! as I had hoped. It’s quite artificial tasting. This is not necessarily a bad thing. I can see this tea being quite wonderful brewed with a lemonade or with a few shavings of frozen lemon added to it (which I will try next) but a substitute/rival to Strawberry Fields it is not. Someone on the Teavana site mentioned that cutting down the tea to around 1/2 to 3/4 a teaspoon greatly reduces the artificial flavour so I’m not giving up on this tea just yet.
This tea is not as delicate and light as I would expect from a white tea, which is disappointing considering the price tag, but I think there’s a great tea hiding here, just maybe a little fussy.

Okay. I figured it out. And I am an idiot.

I had this twice over the weekend (both times while playing Tales of Symphonia with the fiance) and both times it was horrible. I thought I’d used 1tbs/180F/3min as my parameters the first time and couldn’t figure out why I was getting vomit flavored tea when I tried them again. Stupid stupid stupid. I should’ve checked my initial note on this: 1tsp/180F/2min. GAH!

I didn’t see much actual tea in this blend…just a lot of little fruit chunks. It smelled rather like the Strawberry & Cream gummy candies, so I decided to give it a shot (and I’m rather glad I did).

Once brewed it came out to a richly purplish brew – I’m guessing there’s hyacinth in there somewhere – that still has an intense (and slightly fake) candied smell noted earlier. I love sticking my whole face in the cup to revel in the sugary sweetness of it all…

But it’s definitely a lot less palatable than the aroma implies. Even with such a short steep it came out very hyacinth-sour and not all that strawberry at all, which was a bit disappointing.

Had it not smelled like sweetness and candy I would’ve been totally content with the sour fruitiness of this blend, but as it stands I really feel as though I’ve been the victim of a bait and switch, flavour-wise.

It’s not going to be painful to finish the cup, but I’m not likely to make another one.

really good tea! love the flavour

Another tea that I picked up on sale 50% off yesterday. It smelled delicious in store, and when I got it home last night and brewed a cup, I remembered that I had received this in a gift set last Christmas, though I think it was just a herbal blend, while this claims to be a white tea, nevertheless, they tasted exactly the same. I’ve decided that I simply can’t stand hibiscus unsweetened. Sweetened, I can handle it. Though I think I added a bit too much honey, it was still enjoyable.

On first taste, this tea clearly tastes of hibiscus, not strawberries. Hibiscus is the first ingredient and white tea is the third; I find that this is a somewhat tart cup for it to be called “Strawberry Cream.” It IS a decent hibiscus tea, but there is the lingering “cream” aftertaste that just tastes artificial. At first I liked this tea, but as I’ve consumed my 2 ounce envelope, I just don’t think I’ll order it again. I found that an organic lemon wedge helps the flavor; yes it makes it more sour, but I think it also makes it better.

I see a common theme in reviews of Teas from Teavana; too much fruit, way too much hibiscus, not nearly enough tea. I agree. I am becoming much pickier in the teas I drink and I am really noticing the lack of tea leaves.