Fig Rose

Fruit Herbal Blend
Almonds, Apple, Beet Root Pieces, Figs, Hibiscus, Hibiscus Flowers, Pineapple, Rose Petals
Flowers, Stewed Fruits
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Haha, I actually I added a Teavana tea to the database! I got an email today about this new tea and knew that I wanted to try it. I mean, fig and rose are some of my favorites, plus this is...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1846 tasting notes
  • “I wanted to get this tea but I was waiting for someone to give me the card so I could get 30% off. Clearly 50% off is a better deal. I picked up 4 oz since after looking at it, it definitely looked...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “So! I was on vacation at a cottage in Georgian Bay this weekend (GORGEOUS!) and had opted only to bring some teabags, as brewing tea when you want to go out and play doesn't really work super well....” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “i love figs, i love rose in tea... when i was at teavana today i was given a coupon for an iced tea... just one dollar. sure! it had been a long, errand filled day. i could do with a tea. and this...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 342 tasting notes

From Teavana

Awaken your senses to the joy of summer, with dessert inspired, herbal infused brilliance. Luscious fig, apple, and tropical pineapple flourish with sweet, soft rose, hibiscus and a touch of creamy almond in a fruit and floral bouquet that is delicious, delightful and on the right side of decadence.

Rich, sweet balanced flavor of pineapple, apples, creamy caramel, and almond flavors. Luxurious fig slices top the flavor.

About Teavana View company

I have been intrigued by the name of this tea, but unwilling to purchase 2oz to try it. Traveling Tea Box to the rescue! It smells good dry, but hibiscus is listed as an ingredient. I’m scared, but I’ll give it a try anyways. The tea didn’t turn bright red instantly, so that is a good sign! First sip had me wincing and scrunching up my face. Yup, hibiscus strikes again. I added some sugar to try to make it palatable, but I added too much. I could see this being a nice juice or prepared like a sweet tea and served on ice, but I really wouldn’t go out of my way to try this and I’m glad I didn’t have to!

I really like this tea and was super happy to see that it was on sale for 75% off and promptly bought 5 bags, which arrived today. Yay!! I’m sure they will last me awhile. I am a HUGE fig fan and for me I have to use a little more than I usually would but the fig really comes out in this and I love it :) it’s really good both hot and cold. I am paranoid that it will be discontinued since it was on sale for so cheap and I am considering buying more backups, to have just in case.

I have brewed 4 different teas this morning. Although I have had all of them before, they were all very disappointing. Have my taste buds gotten lost? So I decided to go with one of my favorite favorites. I got out my Fig Rose and finally had a good cup! I tend to put in a little extra leaf because I like it a bit stronger. So rich and satisfying. The taste just fills all the parts of my mouth. It’s like Fig Newton cookies when they are really fresh. Now I can finally relax with a good cuppa.

I really thought I was going to like this one more than I do… I feel like the fig and the rose are in battle with each other, and you kind of lose both flavours.. it turns into a subdued blend.. its not terrible… but its not as outstanding as I had hoped.

It’s a bit early in the day to be switching to herbal teas but after the mate I just had, I’m already high on caffeine so I decided it was a good time to try and taste another one of the Teavana herbals I bought.

I just don’t understand this one. Like a few of the other Teavanas I’ve had (Chocolate Banana Foster and Anjou Pear-adsie something), it weirdly reminds me of Twizzlers candy. Am I totally crazy ?? I might be, but anyway even though I like Twizzlers, it’s not something I’m looking for in teas. Ewwww.

I don’t get any rose nor fig nor anything interesting.

Fig Rose is the first of my Teavana April teas to go. All the ones I got were to be iced tea to take to work. This was a nice fruity iced tea with strong floral aftertaste too.

if you are looking for a herbal version of Sakura allure this is the one to go with

Flavors: Flowers, Stewed Fruits

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

…tastes too much like juice for me, but it works well when blended with some other teas. Drank it cold and sweet, as usual, and could barely stand it.

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’ve been slowly making my way through the Teavana Holiday box, and today’s selection is Fig Rose. Right off the bat, the dried blend smelled rather fermented. I’ve noticed this before with the Teavana dried fruit tisanes: they seem to be veering in the direction of spirits!

Upon infusion, Fig Rose happily proves not to taste very much like Everclear punch (as another one of these did), but more like a fruity hibiscus blend with some nutty texture and flavor as well. I do not taste all that much fig or rose, but the overall combination of several fruits works fairly well to make Fig Rose stand out from the usual hibiscus suspects. This is definitely less tart and acidic than the Zingers, for example, so people who do not like that aspect of hibiscus might enjoy this combination.

To prepare this pot, I followed my usual procedure for the Teavana “chunks of edible stuff” blends: I pulverized it to coarse powder in a spice grinder before infusion.

Boiling 8 min or more 4 tsp 20 OZ / 591 ML
carol who

I love this tea even with the hibiscus, although I sweeten it a bit to tone the hibiscus. I am curious why you pulverize the blend. Does it make it more evenly distributed? Also, after resteeping, I take a spoon and eat the fruit. Love it but i might try it pulverized as an experiment.

sherapop

Hi carol who! I grind the chunks because they are often so huge that I don’t really see how the flavor can infuse into the water without exposing the inner layers of the chunks. In this particular blend, the chunks are not gigantic, but they still seem pretty big to me, especially since they are the gist of the flavor. Whenever there is no real tea, then the “additives” become the base. Hibiscus is dominant, but it is listed among the ingredients after apple, fig, pineapple, and almonds!

Well, this smells like figs and nuts. But it tastes like hibiscus juice. Tartness tempered by ridiculous sweetness and a thick mouthfeel. I picked up 2 oz for $2 at the Heavenly sale, which is honestly about what I think it’s worth. It’s certainly drinkable (what’s not to like about tart & sweet?) but it’s far more like a juice than a tea or tisane.

JustJames