Fig Rose

Fruit Herbal Blend
Almonds, Apple, Beet Root Pieces, Figs, Hibiscus, Hibiscus Flowers, Pineapple, Rose Petals
Blackberry, Fig, Jam, Floral, Hibiscus, Nutty, Pineapple, Tart, Caramel, Rose, Artificial, Apple, Fruity, Flowers, Stewed Fruits
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Haha, I actually I added a Teavana tea to the database! I got an email today about this new tea and knew that I wanted to try it. I mean, fig and rose are some of my favorites, plus this is...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2007 tasting notes
  • “I wanted to get this tea but I was waiting for someone to give me the card so I could get 30% off. Clearly 50% off is a better deal. I picked up 4 oz since after looking at it, it definitely looked...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes
  • “So! I was on vacation at a cottage in Georgian Bay this weekend (GORGEOUS!) and had opted only to bring some teabags, as brewing tea when you want to go out and play doesn't really work super well....” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2515 tasting notes
  • “i love figs, i love rose in tea... when i was at teavana today i was given a coupon for an iced tea... just one dollar. sure! it had been a long, errand filled day. i could do with a tea. and this...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 379 tasting notes

From Teavana

Awaken your senses to the joy of summer, with dessert inspired, herbal infused brilliance. Luscious fig, apple, and tropical pineapple flourish with sweet, soft rose, hibiscus and a touch of creamy almond in a fruit and floral bouquet that is delicious, delightful and on the right side of decadence.

Rich, sweet balanced flavor of pineapple, apples, creamy caramel, and almond flavors. Luxurious fig slices top the flavor.

About Teavana View company

I have been intrigued by the name of this tea, but unwilling to purchase 2oz to try it. Traveling Tea Box to the rescue! It smells good dry, but hibiscus is listed as an ingredient. I’m scared, but I’ll give it a try anyways. The tea didn’t turn bright red instantly, so that is a good sign! First sip had me wincing and scrunching up my face. Yup, hibiscus strikes again. I added some sugar to try to make it palatable, but I added too much. I could see this being a nice juice or prepared like a sweet tea and served on ice, but I really wouldn’t go out of my way to try this and I’m glad I didn’t have to!

I really like this tea and was super happy to see that it was on sale for 75% off and promptly bought 5 bags, which arrived today. Yay!! I’m sure they will last me awhile. I am a HUGE fig fan and for me I have to use a little more than I usually would but the fig really comes out in this and I love it :) it’s really good both hot and cold. I am paranoid that it will be discontinued since it was on sale for so cheap and I am considering buying more backups, to have just in case.

This is one of my favorite herbal teas. The scent (both dry and brewed) is the kind that just knocks your socks off! I was so upset when Teavana had discontinued this (at least according to the clerk at Teavana). Imagine my surprise when I saw it on the Teavana site. Yippie! This is the tea I turn to in the afternoons and evenings since I don’t want caffeine. It is strongly fig. I love Fig Newtons and that is what I tasted. If you don’t like Fig Newtons, this is not the tea for you.

Sami Kelsh

I do like fig newtons, and my mind is trying really hard to imagine how this translates into a tea, but it does sound rather luscious!

Suziqzer

I can’t translate figs to tea either Sami but I’m guessing it’s because the only way I think I’ve had them is in fig newtons. It’s not a blend I would pick up by the name alone, but carol, you make it sound like a treat.

carol who

It really is for me! I do not really remember ever having a real fig, just the Fig Newtons. I even eat the “fruit” after steeping. I even use a spoon! Now I’m getting hungry again. I hate dieting!

Suziqzer

I need to lose some weight too… Such a harsh winter all I wanted to do was hybernate! I have yet to eat pieces out of my tea, but I’m sure I will do it eventually.

I really thought I was going to like this one more than I do… I feel like the fig and the rose are in battle with each other, and you kind of lose both flavours.. it turns into a subdued blend.. its not terrible… but its not as outstanding as I had hoped.

It’s a bit early in the day to be switching to herbal teas but after the mate I just had, I’m already high on caffeine so I decided it was a good time to try and taste another one of the Teavana herbals I bought.

I just don’t understand this one. Like a few of the other Teavanas I’ve had (Chocolate Banana Foster and Anjou Pear-adsie something), it weirdly reminds me of Twizzlers candy. Am I totally crazy ?? I might be, but anyway even though I like Twizzlers, it’s not something I’m looking for in teas. Ewwww.

I don’t get any rose nor fig nor anything interesting.

Fig Rose is the first of my Teavana April teas to go. All the ones I got were to be iced tea to take to work. This was a nice fruity iced tea with strong floral aftertaste too.

One of my favorite hot teas. Heavy on fig and blackberry notes, it’s very soothing and warm for winter.

Flavors: Blackberry, Fig, Jam

I haven’t had this one forever, and I had a vague recollection of what it tasted like, but when I opened the bag, it smelled completely different from how I remembered it. All honeyed figs. So we shall see how it tastes.

I started off steeping about a teaspoon and a half of this in boiling water for 5 minutes and meh, nothing much there. So I threw in the rest of my bag (probably at about 3tsp total now), and I’m just going to steep it until it tastes like something.

Meh. I dunno. Now it tastes a lot stronger, but I’m not really feeling it. Lots of hibiscus tart, with some pineapple, fig, nuttiness which I think is also fig (seems to be a flavour that is in fig teas, but that I don’t ever experience when eating figs), and maybe a hint of floral? I added some sugar to take the edge off the hibiscus, but it’s mostly just made the whole thing sweet and sour.

Not into it, wouldn’t buy again. I’m glad this package is done.

Flavors: Fig, Floral, Hibiscus, Nutty, Pineapple, Tart

Boiling 3 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
The Cookie Lady

Oh boy! And I ended up loving this one so much yesterday. Sorry you didn’t feel the same about it :( Guess that means we won’t be fighting over it during the after-Christmas sale? ;)

Anlina

Hah yeah. There have been a lot of Teavana teas that I’ve tried and disliked them so much that I can’t even understand why they stock the, but since I started coming on Steepster, it’s clear that people have really different tastes, and some of the ones that taste like sour water to me are full of complex deliciousness for other people.

Aww man! I’m kinda sad about how much I like this because it means now I have to buy some hahaha. I drank this cup down waaaaay too fast. It was so delicious hot! Sweet with just a bit of tang to keep it from feeling heavy. I get this caramellyness (pretend for a moment that “caramellyness” is, in fact, a legitimate word) from the fig and a softness (I guess we’ll also have to pretend that “soft” is a flavor) from the rose that I just can’t get enough of right now. This feels like the kind of tea to drink whilst watching sweet romance movies that make your heart melt. I love it, and I don’t even care if I’m the only one. Thank you times a million to carol who for letting me try this one out :)

Flavors: Caramel, Fig, Rose

Ost

At the end of last year Teavana had a big sale, and this was lowered to like 2.50. Maybe this would be that cheap again this year! :O

Of all the Teavana teas I’ve tried so far, I think this is my least favorite. It looks pretty in the bag with all of the fruit bits and the rosebuds but the scent is heavy and quite artificial. The taste matches the scent: the fig completely overwhelms the rose and any other flavors that are supposed to be in here. It’s like drinking artificially flavored fig juice. Not a fan!

Flavors: Artificial, Fig

carol who

I think this is one where the removal of the almonds by Teavana really made a big difference. It used to be one of my absolute favorites. :(

Cheri

Maybe you could add your own almonds to it?