Fig Rose

Fruit Herbal Blend
Almonds, Apple, Beet Root Pieces, Figs, Hibiscus, Hibiscus Flowers, Pineapple, Rose Petals
Apple, Fruity, Rose, Fig, Flowers, Stewed Fruits
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Haha, I actually I added a Teavana tea to the database! I got an email today about this new tea and knew that I wanted to try it. I mean, fig and rose are some of my favorites, plus this is...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1961 tasting notes
  • “I wanted to get this tea but I was waiting for someone to give me the card so I could get 30% off. Clearly 50% off is a better deal. I picked up 4 oz since after looking at it, it definitely looked...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes
  • “So! I was on vacation at a cottage in Georgian Bay this weekend (GORGEOUS!) and had opted only to bring some teabags, as brewing tea when you want to go out and play doesn't really work super well....” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes
  • “i love figs, i love rose in tea... when i was at teavana today i was given a coupon for an iced tea... just one dollar. sure! it had been a long, errand filled day. i could do with a tea. and this...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 379 tasting notes

From Teavana

Awaken your senses to the joy of summer, with dessert inspired, herbal infused brilliance. Luscious fig, apple, and tropical pineapple flourish with sweet, soft rose, hibiscus and a touch of creamy almond in a fruit and floral bouquet that is delicious, delightful and on the right side of decadence.

Rich, sweet balanced flavor of pineapple, apples, creamy caramel, and almond flavors. Luxurious fig slices top the flavor.

About Teavana View company

I have been intrigued by the name of this tea, but unwilling to purchase 2oz to try it. Traveling Tea Box to the rescue! It smells good dry, but hibiscus is listed as an ingredient. I’m scared, but I’ll give it a try anyways. The tea didn’t turn bright red instantly, so that is a good sign! First sip had me wincing and scrunching up my face. Yup, hibiscus strikes again. I added some sugar to try to make it palatable, but I added too much. I could see this being a nice juice or prepared like a sweet tea and served on ice, but I really wouldn’t go out of my way to try this and I’m glad I didn’t have to!

I really like this tea and was super happy to see that it was on sale for 75% off and promptly bought 5 bags, which arrived today. Yay!! I’m sure they will last me awhile. I am a HUGE fig fan and for me I have to use a little more than I usually would but the fig really comes out in this and I love it :) it’s really good both hot and cold. I am paranoid that it will be discontinued since it was on sale for so cheap and I am considering buying more backups, to have just in case.

This is one of my favorite herbal teas. The scent (both dry and brewed) is the kind that just knocks your socks off! I was so upset when Teavana had discontinued this (at least according to the clerk at Teavana). Imagine my surprise when I saw it on the Teavana site. Yippie! This is the tea I turn to in the afternoons and evenings since I don’t want caffeine. It is strongly fig. I love Fig Newtons and that is what I tasted. If you don’t like Fig Newtons, this is not the tea for you.

Sami Kelsh

I do like fig newtons, and my mind is trying really hard to imagine how this translates into a tea, but it does sound rather luscious!

Suziqzer

I can’t translate figs to tea either Sami but I’m guessing it’s because the only way I think I’ve had them is in fig newtons. It’s not a blend I would pick up by the name alone, but carol, you make it sound like a treat.

carol who

It really is for me! I do not really remember ever having a real fig, just the Fig Newtons. I even eat the “fruit” after steeping. I even use a spoon! Now I’m getting hungry again. I hate dieting!

Suziqzer

I need to lose some weight too… Such a harsh winter all I wanted to do was hybernate! I have yet to eat pieces out of my tea, but I’m sure I will do it eventually.

I really thought I was going to like this one more than I do… I feel like the fig and the rose are in battle with each other, and you kind of lose both flavours.. it turns into a subdued blend.. its not terrible… but its not as outstanding as I had hoped.

It’s a bit early in the day to be switching to herbal teas but after the mate I just had, I’m already high on caffeine so I decided it was a good time to try and taste another one of the Teavana herbals I bought.

I just don’t understand this one. Like a few of the other Teavanas I’ve had (Chocolate Banana Foster and Anjou Pear-adsie something), it weirdly reminds me of Twizzlers candy. Am I totally crazy ?? I might be, but anyway even though I like Twizzlers, it’s not something I’m looking for in teas. Ewwww.

I don’t get any rose nor fig nor anything interesting.

Fig Rose is the first of my Teavana April teas to go. All the ones I got were to be iced tea to take to work. This was a nice fruity iced tea with strong floral aftertaste too.

This tasting note is for a tea I tried last night… but guys… MY ELECTRIC TEA KETTLE FINALLY BROKE!! I was expecting it. I’m very proud it has lasted this long. I’m not sure how many times it was used, as I’m not the first owner, but I’ve been using it about 2 or 3 times a day for nine years so that is 9×3×365 = 9,855 times I have hit the boil switch at least. Poor little tea kettle. I have adored this kettle… it’s a sad day. I am definitely getting another Bodum kettle and I really don’t expect the next one to last this long, even if it is a Bodum! I think I will have to sell some tea to pay for it though!

Even though I’m not a huge Teavana fan, I’ve heard this one mentioned a few times. I love the idea of fig teas, so I had to try it. A one cup sample works for me! Of course the flavor here is neither fig nor rose. Sheesh. It isn’t terrible… the flavor is more like a buttered kettle corn… with something fruity. I expected worse actually. Though there is hibiscus in the ingredients, at least in my sample it just adds enough tanginess to the cup rather than turning it into a deep red cup of undrinkableness. Maybe the fruity flavor could be interpreted as fig? But it seems like it would be the apple that is mentioned in the ingredients. Not bad, but it’s odd to get popcorn flavor in a fruit/rose tea.

mj

That’s an impressive run for your kettle! Sorry it broke :(

TeaBrat

sorry about your kettle!

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this, but I must say I prefer it a lot more cold steeped. The tartness goes away, the rose gets to come through a hair more (though I still wish it were stronger), and it tastes like less sweet juice. Which sometimes is exactly what I like. The almond flavor is present and keeps things interesting, but doesn’t stop it from being weird to drink cold.

Iced 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I didn’t know what to expect, but I was happy with what I got. It was well-rounded on the palate and neither too tart nor too sweet. I had this around Christmas and it felt right with the season. I received it in a gift set, but wouldn’t be able to buy again as my better-half is allergic to nuts. I would recommend it, though. It was great hot, seems like it would be nice iced, and would blend well with other teas.

Definitely fruity. Reminds me of teavana chocolate banana foster but fruity instead. for some reason I feel all teavana teas like this taste like sweet water after several sips. Maybe its just me?

carol who

It’s good to find that out when it’s free, rather than buying it. That’s one of the best things about swapping.