Fig Rose

Fruit Herbal Blend
Almonds, Apple, Beet Root Pieces, Figs, Hibiscus, Hibiscus Flowers, Pineapple, Rose Petals
Blackberry, Fig, Jam, Floral, Hibiscus, Nutty, Pineapple, Tart, Caramel, Rose, Artificial, Apple, Fruity, Flowers, Stewed Fruits
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Haha, I actually I added a Teavana tea to the database! I got an email today about this new tea and knew that I wanted to try it. I mean, fig and rose are some of my favorites, plus this is...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2036 tasting notes
  • “I wanted to get this tea but I was waiting for someone to give me the card so I could get 30% off. Clearly 50% off is a better deal. I picked up 4 oz since after looking at it, it definitely looked...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes
  • “So! I was on vacation at a cottage in Georgian Bay this weekend (GORGEOUS!) and had opted only to bring some teabags, as brewing tea when you want to go out and play doesn't really work super well....” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2606 tasting notes
  • “i love figs, i love rose in tea... when i was at teavana today i was given a coupon for an iced tea... just one dollar. sure! it had been a long, errand filled day. i could do with a tea. and this...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 379 tasting notes

From Teavana

Awaken your senses to the joy of summer, with dessert inspired, herbal infused brilliance. Luscious fig, apple, and tropical pineapple flourish with sweet, soft rose, hibiscus and a touch of creamy almond in a fruit and floral bouquet that is delicious, delightful and on the right side of decadence.

Rich, sweet balanced flavor of pineapple, apples, creamy caramel, and almond flavors. Luxurious fig slices top the flavor.

About Teavana View company

This tasting note is for a tea I tried last night… but guys… MY ELECTRIC TEA KETTLE FINALLY BROKE!! I was expecting it. I’m very proud it has lasted this long. I’m not sure how many times it was used, as I’m not the first owner, but I’ve been using it about 2 or 3 times a day for nine years so that is 9×3×365 = 9,855 times I have hit the boil switch at least. Poor little tea kettle. I have adored this kettle… it’s a sad day. I am definitely getting another Bodum kettle and I really don’t expect the next one to last this long, even if it is a Bodum! I think I will have to sell some tea to pay for it though!

Even though I’m not a huge Teavana fan, I’ve heard this one mentioned a few times. I love the idea of fig teas, so I had to try it. A one cup sample works for me! Of course the flavor here is neither fig nor rose. Sheesh. It isn’t terrible… the flavor is more like a buttered kettle corn… with something fruity. I expected worse actually. Though there is hibiscus in the ingredients, at least in my sample it just adds enough tanginess to the cup rather than turning it into a deep red cup of undrinkableness. Maybe the fruity flavor could be interpreted as fig? But it seems like it would be the apple that is mentioned in the ingredients. Not bad, but it’s odd to get popcorn flavor in a fruit/rose tea.

mj

That’s an impressive run for your kettle! Sorry it broke :(

TeaBrat

sorry about your kettle!

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this, but I must say I prefer it a lot more cold steeped. The tartness goes away, the rose gets to come through a hair more (though I still wish it were stronger), and it tastes like less sweet juice. Which sometimes is exactly what I like. The almond flavor is present and keeps things interesting, but doesn’t stop it from being weird to drink cold.

Iced 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I didn’t know what to expect, but I was happy with what I got. It was well-rounded on the palate and neither too tart nor too sweet. I had this around Christmas and it felt right with the season. I received it in a gift set, but wouldn’t be able to buy again as my better-half is allergic to nuts. I would recommend it, though. It was great hot, seems like it would be nice iced, and would blend well with other teas.

Definitely fruity. Reminds me of teavana chocolate banana foster but fruity instead. for some reason I feel all teavana teas like this taste like sweet water after several sips. Maybe its just me?

carol who

It’s good to find that out when it’s free, rather than buying it. That’s one of the best things about swapping.

I saw figs in this, I swear. Hidden in so much other fruit. Smells nice though, in a “I’d totally want this as a scented lotion or lip balm” way. It tastes sweet and fruity. Not much in the way of fig flavour (but maybe that didn’t make into my steeper), but at least the hibiscus didn’t decide to declare itself supreme lord of my tea mug.

Flavors: Apple, Fruity, Rose

Cameron B.

I CLAIM THIS LAND IN THE NAME OF HIS LORD HIBISCUS!

I had a very small like 1g sample of this that I took from the TTTTB and it was good.
Thank you to QueenOfTarts for sending me a much larger sample, yielding a much larger mugful of this tea tonight :)
It’s… unique. Fruity in a sense, but darker. I’ve never had fig before, but I’m assuming that’s the main flavour that I’m getting right now. The rose is ever so slight.
Unique and very nice for tonight :)

Flavors: Fig, Rose

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 3 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

if you are looking for a herbal version of Sakura allure this is the one to go with

Flavors: Flowers, Stewed Fruits

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

…tastes too much like juice for me, but it works well when blended with some other teas. Drank it cold and sweet, as usual, and could barely stand it.

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’ve been slowly making my way through the Teavana Holiday box, and today’s selection is Fig Rose. Right off the bat, the dried blend smelled rather fermented. I’ve noticed this before with the Teavana dried fruit tisanes: they seem to be veering in the direction of spirits!

Upon infusion, Fig Rose happily proves not to taste very much like Everclear punch (as another one of these did), but more like a fruity hibiscus blend with some nutty texture and flavor as well. I do not taste all that much fig or rose, but the overall combination of several fruits works fairly well to make Fig Rose stand out from the usual hibiscus suspects. This is definitely less tart and acidic than the Zingers, for example, so people who do not like that aspect of hibiscus might enjoy this combination.

To prepare this pot, I followed my usual procedure for the Teavana “chunks of edible stuff” blends: I pulverized it to coarse powder in a spice grinder before infusion.

Boiling 8 min or more 4 tsp 20 OZ / 591 ML
carol who

I love this tea even with the hibiscus, although I sweeten it a bit to tone the hibiscus. I am curious why you pulverize the blend. Does it make it more evenly distributed? Also, after resteeping, I take a spoon and eat the fruit. Love it but i might try it pulverized as an experiment.

sherapop

Hi carol who! I grind the chunks because they are often so huge that I don’t really see how the flavor can infuse into the water without exposing the inner layers of the chunks. In this particular blend, the chunks are not gigantic, but they still seem pretty big to me, especially since they are the gist of the flavor. Whenever there is no real tea, then the “additives” become the base. Hibiscus is dominant, but it is listed among the ingredients after apple, fig, pineapple, and almonds!

Well, this smells like figs and nuts. But it tastes like hibiscus juice. Tartness tempered by ridiculous sweetness and a thick mouthfeel. I picked up 2 oz for $2 at the Heavenly sale, which is honestly about what I think it’s worth. It’s certainly drinkable (what’s not to like about tart & sweet?) but it’s far more like a juice than a tea or tisane.

JustJames