Berry Kiwi Colada

Herbal Tea
Apple, Candied Pinapple, Carrot, Coconut, Hibiscus Flowers, Lemon Verbena, Mango, Rose Hips, Strawberry, Tangerine
Coconut, Hibiscus
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Afior

• “Before reviewing this tea...I hate my internet!! I had this whole review written up, and now it's GONE!!! :( Onto to the tea.... So when I saw this tea in the store I thought to self:...” Read full tasting note
    scribbles 240 tasting notes
  • “They forgot to mention in the ingredients that it also contains prickly pear. Funky is the best way I can describe this tea. It's not an undrinkable funky but I don't think I would buy another cup...” Read full tasting note
    skysamurai 326 tasting notes
  • “Sometimes I really hate my life.... why? because I get a fantastic tea like this one.... try it... end up having to use my epi pen.... because there are mangos in it.. WHY!? does BERRY KIWI have to...” Read full tasting note
    aimeepopovacki 150 tasting notes
  • “Alright this tea has some very low ratings. I understand; the bitterness, the tartness...it's not good. I really only like this tea when I add it to an oolong or a black tea to add some sweetness....” Read full tasting note
    emmagquist 5 tasting notes

From Teavana

Hibiscus flowers, rosehips, candied pineapple pieces (pineapple, sugar, citric acid), candied mango pieces (mango, sugar, citric acid), carrot slices, candied tangerine pieces (tangerine, cane sugar, citric acid), apple slices, coconut chips, lemon verbena, natural & artificial flavoring, strawberry slices. PRODUCT CONTAINS NUTS

About Teavana View company

Before reviewing this tea…I hate my internet!! I had this whole review written up, and now it’s GONE!!! :( Onto to the tea….

So when I saw this tea in the store I thought to self: berries, kiwi, colada!! What’s not to love? I should have realized that this was a warning that berries + kiwi = SOUR (squared).

I tried this as both a hot and cold brew. The hot is SO SOUR!!! almost to the point of being undrinkable (although I did finish it).

The cold brew is a “little” more drinkable…but not by much. The cold brew reminds me of the unsweetened KOOL AID from my childhood. I decided to add sugar. After adding sweetener (what a surprise…NOT!!) it tasted like KOOL AID with added sugar.

Luckily, I don’t have much of this left, and will be able to finish my sample of the KOOL AID type tea, but I will not buy this again. If you don’t like sour…don’t bother…it definitely has the ‘Pucker Factor’.

They forgot to mention in the ingredients that it also contains prickly pear. Funky is the best way I can describe this tea. It’s not an undrinkable funky but I don’t think I would buy another cup or any loose leaf of this tea. It is very flavorful; almost to the point that my mouth feels overwhelmed. I drank it cold perhaps it would be better hot.

Sometimes I really hate my life…. why? because I get a fantastic tea like this one…. try it… end up having to use my epi pen…. because there are mangos in it.. WHY!? does BERRY KIWI have to have mango in it!?!?!?!?!? .. LOL…. I really liked how sweet this one is, while also having a little bit of bite… I would have liked to have gotten a better idea of what this tasted like… but unfortunately I had to stop my throat from closing up hahaha

Alright this tea has some very low ratings. I understand; the bitterness, the tartness…it’s not good. I really only like this tea when I add it to an oolong or a black tea to add some sweetness. The coconut is unnoticeable, but the sweetness it adds to any kind of unflavored tea is really great with a little bit of sugar. I added 1 tsp of monkey picked oolong and 1 tsp berry kiwi colada to my cast iron and it’s wonderful. If you’ve put this tea on the back burner, give it another try :)

Was a very nice tea, but not my favorite. I will definitely finish the tea I have but may not order more. True to taste, but the flavor was more present in the aftertaste. Haven’t tried hot, but was okay iced.

I can’t believe how much hate there is on here for this blend. In general, I’m not a huge fan of Teavana, but I do believe their teas are of decent quality, just mega overpriced. Luckily I have friends in high places so I get to try these things… y’know, at a decent discount (the beauts of working retail my friends).

Anywho, berry kiwi colada is a bit of a misnomer since I don’t get a whole lot of berry from the blend. However, kiwi colada is a really apt description – You get a tonne of kiwi goodness flavour layered by some tart hibiscus and a solid coconut note throughout the sip. I have yet to try this one hot, but iced… I actually really like it! After reading some reviews on here, I was a bit concerned, but it’ll be another great iced tea blend for this summer. Yum!

So my recommendation comes with a caveat – you have to like coconut, hibiscus and kiwi COMBINED or you’ll think that this tastes like some sort of cough-syrup-y-death-blend.

Flavors: Coconut, Hibiscus

…speaking of teas that smell like feet…. jump62359 sent this one my way and i’m thinking it’s the coconut that is turning me off. I had to put this one in a closed tin by itself to keep it away from me lol. But, as it the case with me, i pulled this one out tonight to finally bite the bullet and try it out. Surprisingly enough, this brews up to a nice enough tea. There’s hibiscus in it, which doesn’t bother ME any, but others are all full of hate sometimes for the hibby, hibby shake. lol Anyway, end result is that it’s not something i need to stock in my cupboard, and because of the smell i couldn’t drink it often…but it’s not bad on the whole. Sort of a more summer like fruity cold beverage type tea. :) (that smells like feet!) giggling

thanks jump62359! haha i’m having fun with the adventures of jump62359 tea!

Suziqzer

Smelling like feet might be better than tasting like them… I can’t say from experience.

jump62359

See, I like jasmine so I honestly did not know you weren’t a fan!
But this one though. It was a gift from my mom’s friend and she hated it and just made me take it. Honestly, I took it because it was in a gorgeous tin. But the tea itself? Welp. I’ll just send small batches of it out in packages and things.

Sil, babe, I promise! When I get more //great// tea, I’ll definitely send them your way!

jump – oh do NOT be worried or anything like that lol i love swaps for this very reason. you get some hits, some misses, and some random weird stories in between. that’s the joy!

This is the first time a fruit tea lived up to the hopes I had for it based on smell. I drink it as an iced tea and love the fresh strawberry taste it has. It’s amazing with a splash of fresh orange juice added too!

Iced 8 min or more

I knew once I brewed this tea that I should have probably had it cold instead. I can smell all of the individual parts of this tea’s name: the berry, tart kiwi and the coconut. I’m impressed that all of these components can be detected after hot water has been added. Usually with these fruity blends, it all sort of turns into one massive fruity scent. Everything gets lost!

Sipping… wow, this is tart! I wasn’t expecting it, but then again it does have hibiscus.. so.. duh. Towards the end of the sip I taste some of the sweeter fruits — likely strawberry? Not much coconut for me at all, but I’m pleased with what I can taste. Although it’s heavy on the hibiscus, this tea is tastier than I thought it would be. I think this would make a great iced tea for the summer weather and the sweet fruits might pop a bit more with some added sugar. Thank you jump62359 for this sample!

jump62359

I definitely didn’t know there was supposed to be coconut in this haha.
I’ve only had this cold and I feel like it would be a bit too tart if I had it hot

Lynxiebrat

I tasted more of a banana flavor then anything in this one…Unfortunately I’m kind of iffy on bananas, though I’m trying to eat more of them (For the potassium, my hands have been aching more recently.)

Oh my gosh. I’m watching the tea party episode of Sofia the First AND IS THAT TIM GUNN THAT I HEAR!??!?!

Okay but this tea. Gift from a friend. Cold brew and it’s good! It is a smidge sour, but drinkable :)

AND I’M GUNNA DIE BECAUSE THE TEAPOT AND TEACUP THEY USED WAS CHIP AND MRS. POTTS AWW THIS SHOW IS THE CUTEST