Berry Kiwi Colada

Herbal Tea
Apple Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Candied Pinapple, Carrot, Coconut Chips, Hibiscus, Hibiscus Flowers, Lemon Verbena, Mango, Rose Hips, Strawberry, Tangerine
Candy, Strawberry, Tart, Tropical, Coconut, Hibiscus
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From Teavana

Loaded with the flavors of kiwi, prickly pear, mango, pineapple & strawberry with just a hint of creamy coconut, this tropical taste adventure creates the perfect getaway to your own personal paradise.

Bold flavors of strawberry, kiwi, and prickly pear with sweet pineapple & mango.

Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to just at boiling (208 degrees/98 degrees Celsius) and steep for 5-6 minutes. For stronger flavor, use more tea leaves. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients: Hibiscus, hibiscus flowers, rose hips, candied pineapple pieces (pineapple, sugar, citric acid), candied mango pieces (mango, sugar, citric acid), carrot slices, tangerine pieces (tangerine, cane sugar, citric acid), coconut chips, apple slices, artificial flavoring, strawberry slices, lemon verbena.

CONTAINS COCONUT

About Teavana View company

Before reviewing this tea…I hate my internet!! I had this whole review written up, and now it’s GONE!!! :( Onto to the tea….

So when I saw this tea in the store I thought to self: berries, kiwi, colada!! What’s not to love? I should have realized that this was a warning that berries + kiwi = SOUR (squared).

I tried this as both a hot and cold brew. The hot is SO SOUR!!! almost to the point of being undrinkable (although I did finish it).

The cold brew is a “little” more drinkable…but not by much. The cold brew reminds me of the unsweetened KOOL AID from my childhood. I decided to add sugar. After adding sweetener (what a surprise…NOT!!) it tasted like KOOL AID with added sugar.

Luckily, I don’t have much of this left, and will be able to finish my sample of the KOOL AID type tea, but I will not buy this again. If you don’t like sour…don’t bother…it definitely has the ‘Pucker Factor’.

Please keep things friendly and .

They forgot to mention in the ingredients that it also contains prickly pear. Funky is the best way I can describe this tea. It’s not an undrinkable funky but I don’t think I would buy another cup or any loose leaf of this tea. It is very flavorful; almost to the point that my mouth feels overwhelmed. I drank it cold perhaps it would be better hot.

Please keep things friendly and .

Sometimes I really hate my life…. why? because I get a fantastic tea like this one…. try it… end up having to use my epi pen…. because there are mangos in it.. WHY!? does BERRY KIWI have to have mango in it!?!?!?!?!? .. LOL…. I really liked how sweet this one is, while also having a little bit of bite… I would have liked to have gotten a better idea of what this tasted like… but unfortunately I had to stop my throat from closing up hahaha

Please keep things friendly and .

I like it cold and I like it hot. Overall, I just like it. Has a bit of tang to it.

Please keep things friendly and .

The dry mix is full of all sorts of things, such as dried pineapple, rose hips, hibiscus, coconut, and some kind of dried leaf. It’s very fragrant and fresh-smelling. I can smell the strawberry most of all.

The taste is very tart and almost has a waxy quality to it. I steeped a little longer this first time around so maybe that is part of the reason it’s so tart. The honey helps to tone it down and actually make it into a nice cup though. I do like it. It has kind of a tropical feel to it and almost tastes like hard candies.

Flavors: Candy, Strawberry, Tart, Tropical

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

Please keep things friendly and .

Tried this with a friend. We had it iced and I added some sugar water to it just to sweeten it up. The kiwi was extremely present in my cup, as well as a strawberry after taste. Tried it hot at first and it was quite bitter, may have been too concentrated. Nevertheless, awesome iced tea, wouldn’t drink it hot though.

Iced

Please keep things friendly and .

Alright this tea has some very low ratings. I understand; the bitterness, the tartness…it’s not good. I really only like this tea when I add it to an oolong or a black tea to add some sweetness. The coconut is unnoticeable, but the sweetness it adds to any kind of unflavored tea is really great with a little bit of sugar. I added 1 tsp of monkey picked oolong and 1 tsp berry kiwi colada to my cast iron and it’s wonderful. If you’ve put this tea on the back burner, give it another try :)

Please keep things friendly and .

Was a very nice tea, but not my favorite. I will definitely finish the tea I have but may not order more. True to taste, but the flavor was more present in the aftertaste. Haven’t tried hot, but was okay iced.

Please keep things friendly and .

I can’t believe how much hate there is on here for this blend. In general, I’m not a huge fan of Teavana, but I do believe their teas are of decent quality, just mega overpriced. Luckily I have friends in high places so I get to try these things… y’know, at a decent discount (the beauts of working retail my friends).

Anywho, berry kiwi colada is a bit of a misnomer since I don’t get a whole lot of berry from the blend. However, kiwi colada is a really apt description – You get a tonne of kiwi goodness flavour layered by some tart hibiscus and a solid coconut note throughout the sip. I have yet to try this one hot, but iced… I actually really like it! After reading some reviews on here, I was a bit concerned, but it’ll be another great iced tea blend for this summer. Yum!

So my recommendation comes with a caveat – you have to like coconut, hibiscus and kiwi COMBINED or you’ll think that this tastes like some sort of cough-syrup-y-death-blend.

Flavors: Coconut, Hibiscus

Please keep things friendly and .

…speaking of teas that smell like feet…. jump62359 sent this one my way and i’m thinking it’s the coconut that is turning me off. I had to put this one in a closed tin by itself to keep it away from me lol. But, as it the case with me, i pulled this one out tonight to finally bite the bullet and try it out. Surprisingly enough, this brews up to a nice enough tea. There’s hibiscus in it, which doesn’t bother ME any, but others are all full of hate sometimes for the hibby, hibby shake. lol Anyway, end result is that it’s not something i need to stock in my cupboard, and because of the smell i couldn’t drink it often…but it’s not bad on the whole. Sort of a more summer like fruity cold beverage type tea. :) (that smells like feet!) giggling

thanks jump62359! haha i’m having fun with the adventures of jump62359 tea!

Suziqzer

Smelling like feet might be better than tasting like them… I can’t say from experience.

jump62359

See, I like jasmine so I honestly did not know you weren’t a fan!
But this one though. It was a gift from my mom’s friend and she hated it and just made me take it. Honestly, I took it because it was in a gorgeous tin. But the tea itself? Welp. I’ll just send small batches of it out in packages and things.

Sil, babe, I promise! When I get more //great// tea, I’ll definitely send them your way!

jump – oh do NOT be worried or anything like that lol i love swaps for this very reason. you get some hits, some misses, and some random weird stories in between. that’s the joy!