Raspberry Pineapple Luau

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by tattooed_tea

• “This basically tastes like raspberry jolly ranchers, which is kinda awesome. Even though it looks like mostly apple pieces, you do get the raspberry flavor, though the pineapple is very light. I...” Read full tasting note
    jeweledthumb 240 tasting notes
  • “I tried taking this to work on more time today. I have been properly steeping my teas before I leave in the morning and this is one tea that I actually don't think benefits from it. I think there...” Read full tasting note
    mewakeling 435 tasting notes
  • “For a tea that is supposed to actually be tea, there is dearly little of it actually in the bag I received in the mail. I see an awful lot of apple bits with some intermittent tea leaves scattered...” Read full tasting note
    silentrequiem 262 tasting notes
  • “I've tried quite a few white teas over the past year, but only a few really impressed me. This is not one of them. LOL. It's not bad...sweet, mild, simple. But no wows, even quiet ones. I will...” Read full tasting note
    lynxiegrl 173 tasting notes

From Teavana

As refreshing as an ocean breeze off the shores of Maui, this bold white tea is a fruit paradise bursting with juicy flavor. Bright raspberry, ripe pineapple, and tangy citrus kissed with hibiscus flower and crisp apple, come together to create a deliciously enjoyable cup as glorious and vibrant as a tropical island sunset.

Sweet and bright raspberry flavor with pineapple. High grade white mao feng adds a rich white tea flavor

About Teavana View company

This basically tastes like raspberry jolly ranchers, which is kinda awesome. Even though it looks like mostly apple pieces, you do get the raspberry flavor, though the pineapple is very light. I know Teavana isn’t very popular on here and people say it’s really expensive, but honestly $10 for 2oz of tea is not that bad (Davidstea is pricier), even if it more of a tisane than anything else.

3tsp + sweetener in 16oz steeping mug

JustJames

i don’t mind teavana… i’ve just mostly grown beyond them =0). david’s i personally mind because they aren’t careful about ingredients =0(

I tried taking this to work on more time today. I have been properly steeping my teas before I leave in the morning and this is one tea that I actually don’t think benefits from it. I think there is so much fruit and berries in the tea that is actually needs a longer steep than white teas should. I think this one actually steeps better as an herbal than as a white.

For a tea that is supposed to actually be tea, there is dearly little of it actually in the bag I received in the mail. I see an awful lot of apple bits with some intermittent tea leaves scattered in. Not impressed, Teavana. Apple is cheap; white tea is not. So if the ratio is about 80-90% other things: 10% tea, why then am I paying the price for what I’d expect to be more 60/40 or even 70/30?

And on top of that, the tea wasn’t that good. Very little “luau” flavor came through. I can’t taste any raspberry or pineapple, and after adding some sugar basically I tasted lightly raspberry-flavored sugar water.

Disappointing.

I’ve tried quite a few white teas over the past year, but only a few really impressed me.

This is not one of them. LOL. It’s not bad…sweet, mild, simple. But no wows, even quiet ones. I will however probably enjoy this combined with some other fruit teas, particularly the ones that I need to use up. (To make room for more tea of course! ;))

The tea smells of raspberry and I can certainly see pieces of pineapple, but I only tasted a vague fruitiness. Perhaps if I use more leaves next time, though I did use the recommended amount, I will get more flavor.

SN for me: Backlogged from the morning

…I should have expected that I wouldn’t like this tea, because I don’t like raspberry. I bought it for a friend and decided to try some of it, and it wasn’t horrible…just not something I would buy as my first choice again. It had a very natural raspberry taste to it, but I definitely didn’t get any of the pineapple notes. As usual for me, cold and slightly sweet… Decent, but not my favorite…

Gabberjam

No pineapple flavour for me either, very dominantly raspberry.

I wish I purchased more of this tea when it was part of the Teavana Heavenly Sale (and, consequently, dirt cheap). WOW! It smells fruity and lemony in the tin, brews up to a light pink color, and tastes like sweet-sour raspberries. I’m getting lemon instead of pineapple but I don’t care! It’s so good! It even resteeps well, although the second steep is much more lemon than anything else.

It is really skimpy on the white tea leaves, though. So much so that my fiance (who cannot handle caffeine at all and gets sick if he ingests any substantial amount of it) not only commented on the lack of actual tea, but was able to try some without feeling ill.

Maybe if it’s not horribly expensive, I’ll get more of this one when we run out. Until then, I sense another cold brew experiment.

(Backlogged from… Feb 14th). I assume this is the tea I got for Valentine’s Day… the bag doesn’t say “Luau” on it, but the description sounds about right.

Anyhow, this is probably the sort of tea I wouldn’t bother with picking up again. A flavoured white, which means you basically can’t even tell that there’s white tea in here (making it overpriced), and not my favourite flavours. However – I think it might be great as an iced tea in the summer, as there’s a tartness along with the fruitiness that I think I’d appreciate more when cold. I can’t really remember much else about this tea, so I’ll write a better tasting note next time I drink some.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Yuck.

I knew I’d regret buying this, but at the time decided I’d give flavoured white teas another try. This is too hyper sweet and fruity. I originally intended to brew this as an iced tea, but found I had no ice cubes prepared. So, hot it was. Uuugh. Even the smell repulses me.

I only bought 50g of this (thank god) and I’m willing to try it out as an iced tea next time; maybe it’ll be improved some way or another. But right now? Nope. Nope nope nope. Good thing I got this dirt cheap.

Time to go dump this out and brew some delicious Cha Yen Thai.

This tea I felt like was an underdog compared to other teas. I really like the flavor it gives out and the mellow taste it gets from the toasted white tea leaves. I did expect this tea to actually be more apple-e because of the amount of bits but actually, I think it adds to the flavor of the raspberry. This tea would be better if there was some more pineapple so I just add herbal tea to it to give it a kick :)

quick tip, take it out 15 seconds before so you get a good non-tingy brew :)