Raspberry Pineapple Luau

Fruit White Blend
Apple Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Citric Acid, Hibiscus Flowers, Pineapple, Raspberry, Sugar, White Tea
Candy, Fruity, Raspberry, Tart
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From Teavana

As refreshing as an ocean breeze off the shores of Maui, this bold white tea is a fruit paradise bursting with juicy flavor. Bright raspberry, ripe pineapple, and tangy citrus kissed with hibiscus flower and crisp apple, come together to create a deliciously enjoyable cup as glorious and vibrant as a tropical island sunset.

Sweet and bright raspberry flavor with pineapple. High grade white mao feng adds a rich white tea flavor

Use 1.5-2 tsp of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 175 degrees (79 degrees Celsius) and steep for 2 minutes. For stronger flavor, use more tea leaves.

Ingredients: Apple pieces, white tea, hibiscus flowers, candied pineapple pieces (pineapple, sugar, acidifier: citric acid), artificial flavoring, raspberries

About Teavana View company

This basically tastes like raspberry jolly ranchers, which is kinda awesome. Even though it looks like mostly apple pieces, you do get the raspberry flavor, though the pineapple is very light. I know Teavana isn’t very popular on here and people say it’s really expensive, but honestly $10 for 2oz of tea is not that bad (Davidstea is pricier), even if it more of a tisane than anything else.

3tsp + sweetener in 16oz steeping mug

JustJames

i don’t mind teavana… i’ve just mostly grown beyond them =0). david’s i personally mind because they aren’t careful about ingredients =0(

I tried taking this to work on more time today. I have been properly steeping my teas before I leave in the morning and this is one tea that I actually don’t think benefits from it. I think there is so much fruit and berries in the tea that is actually needs a longer steep than white teas should. I think this one actually steeps better as an herbal than as a white.

For a tea that is supposed to actually be tea, there is dearly little of it actually in the bag I received in the mail. I see an awful lot of apple bits with some intermittent tea leaves scattered in. Not impressed, Teavana. Apple is cheap; white tea is not. So if the ratio is about 80-90% other things: 10% tea, why then am I paying the price for what I’d expect to be more 60/40 or even 70/30?

And on top of that, the tea wasn’t that good. Very little “luau” flavor came through. I can’t taste any raspberry or pineapple, and after adding some sugar basically I tasted lightly raspberry-flavored sugar water.

Disappointing.

I’ve tried quite a few white teas over the past year, but only a few really impressed me.

This is not one of them. LOL. It’s not bad…sweet, mild, simple. But no wows, even quiet ones. I will however probably enjoy this combined with some other fruit teas, particularly the ones that I need to use up. (To make room for more tea of course! ;))

The tea smells of raspberry and I can certainly see pieces of pineapple, but I only tasted a vague fruitiness. Perhaps if I use more leaves next time, though I did use the recommended amount, I will get more flavor.

SN for me: Backlogged from the morning

Another tea that I should have logged months ago.

I know that a lot of folks on steepster aren’t wild about Teavana teas, and I’ve had a few I didn’t care for, but I tend to go to them for the teas that are more fruit than tea: it seems to be what they do best. Also, and this probably isn’t a great advertisement, my grandchildren like their teas much better than the unflavored teas I usually drink. Go figure.

Anyway, this is a fairly typical Teavana blend. More fruit than tea, to the point that I can’t really detect any tea.

This smells just like fruit gummies! It looks like an herbal tea because the majority of the blend consists of large pieces of dried fruit, but there are some tea leaves in there. After steeping for only two minutes, the liquid is a very pale and watery coral pink color. The fragrance is much the same as the dry tea. Unsweetened, I can taste the raspberry. It’s also a bit tart. I don’t really taste the pineapple. I’m thinking this might be really good cold, maybe even mixed in as part of a raspberry lemonade.

Flavors: Candy, Fruity, Raspberry, Tart

Very weak and artificially tasting. Wasn’t horrible, but wasn’t the best.

Sipdown (184/190)!

So, having a hard time enjoying my tea because, uh, to put it “delicately” I can hear Tre in his room “enjoying his hard time”…

Thank God I mixed some booze in this! Feeling mortified right now…

Amariel

Uh… :P

VariaTEA

Hahahahaha that sucks (sorry for laughing but it is hard not too).

keychange

omg are you serious?!?!!?! that’s so disturbing! hahaha!

…I should have expected that I wouldn’t like this tea, because I don’t like raspberry. I bought it for a friend and decided to try some of it, and it wasn’t horrible…just not something I would buy as my first choice again. It had a very natural raspberry taste to it, but I definitely didn’t get any of the pineapple notes. As usual for me, cold and slightly sweet… Decent, but not my favorite…

Gabberjam

No pineapple flavour for me either, very dominantly raspberry.