Raspberry Pineapple Luau

Fruit White Blend
Apple Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Citric Acid, Hibiscus Flowers, Pineapple, Raspberry, Sugar, White Tea
Candy, Fruity, Raspberry, Tart
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From Teavana

As refreshing as an ocean breeze off the shores of Maui, this bold white tea is a fruit paradise bursting with juicy flavor. Bright raspberry, ripe pineapple, and tangy citrus kissed with hibiscus flower and crisp apple, come together to create a deliciously enjoyable cup as glorious and vibrant as a tropical island sunset.

Sweet and bright raspberry flavor with pineapple. High grade white mao feng adds a rich white tea flavor

Use 1.5-2 tsp of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 175 degrees (79 degrees Celsius) and steep for 2 minutes. For stronger flavor, use more tea leaves.

Ingredients: Apple pieces, white tea, hibiscus flowers, candied pineapple pieces (pineapple, sugar, acidifier: citric acid), artificial flavoring, raspberries

About Teavana View company

I went for the easy sipdown … This was floating around the back of my cupboard with almost nothing left in the tin, so I used up what was left.

I’m a little sad to see this go as I’m really enjoying my cup of it today — lots of raspberry with a hint of lemon. However, I’ve got four unopened bags of tea I need to go through, a bunch more tins, and two orders planned. I kind of needed an easy sipdown.

Raspberry Pineapple Luau, you are very yummy. Perhaps someday we will meet again?

(Backlogged from… Feb 14th). I assume this is the tea I got for Valentine’s Day… the bag doesn’t say “Luau” on it, but the description sounds about right.

Anyhow, this is probably the sort of tea I wouldn’t bother with picking up again. A flavoured white, which means you basically can’t even tell that there’s white tea in here (making it overpriced), and not my favourite flavours. However – I think it might be great as an iced tea in the summer, as there’s a tartness along with the fruitiness that I think I’d appreciate more when cold. I can’t really remember much else about this tea, so I’ll write a better tasting note next time I drink some.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I knew I’d regret buying this, but at the time decided I’d give flavoured white teas another try. This is too hyper sweet and fruity. I originally intended to brew this as an iced tea, but found I had no ice cubes prepared. So, hot it was. Uuugh. Even the smell repulses me.

I only bought 50g of this (thank god) and I’m willing to try it out as an iced tea next time; maybe it’ll be improved some way or another. But right now? Nope. Nope nope nope. Good thing I got this dirt cheap.

Time to go dump this out and brew some delicious Cha Yen Thai.

This tea I felt like was an underdog compared to other teas. I really like the flavor it gives out and the mellow taste it gets from the toasted white tea leaves. I did expect this tea to actually be more apple-e because of the amount of bits but actually, I think it adds to the flavor of the raspberry. This tea would be better if there was some more pineapple so I just add herbal tea to it to give it a kick :)

quick tip, take it out 15 seconds before so you get a good non-tingy brew :)

I simply do not find this tea appealing at all, taste is not refreshing and I do not taste raspberry or pineapple

It’s a white tea, so it’s not supposed to be too strong/flavorful, which it isn’t, the white tea also acts as a fantastic base for this tea. It has a slight tanginess from the raspberries that is balanced out by the sweetness of the pineapple. There is a slight floral note from the hibiscus.

I think it’s absolutely fantastic, refreshing, and great both hot and cold. I think it could blend well with really sweet teas.

White tea is amazing. You can really taste the raspberry. Since the raspberry is dominant the pineapple is very subtle but is definitely present. Before I even steeped it I was eating the pieces and they tasted so good. I steeped it twice both times tasted awesome. The second time I noticed more of the white tea and pineapple came out.

I bought a cup of this at Teavana, iced, and it was delicious. I couldn’t imagine it hot, but I am going to be buying some to make more iced tea at home.

I’ve noticed that whenever I make iced tea, I use 4-5 tbs instead of the recommended and it makes the flavor more bold. I had to do some googling to find out the secrets of the perfect, tasty cup you get in store and why it’s so hard to duplicate at home. The only problem is I run out of tea much faster!

When I look at this tea, I see a lot of fruit pieces. Quite a few apple pieces, some obvious pineapple pieces, and the odd dehydrated raspberry. It smells really strongly of fruit, too, though not necessarily berries when dry. The tea leaves themselves are dark slivers in this fruit blend.

I couldn’t imagine having this hot, so I cold-brewed this for about 5 hours. Maybe if you have this hot, the tea is more apparent, but I honestly think it could have been left out. The fruit is front and center: the raspberry flavor builds up as you continue to sip, and it’s tart, as though the raspberries are just the slightest bit unripe. It’s a nice iced tea, sort of like a watered down fruit juice with no added sugar. But I doubt I’d buy this again – I wanted a little bit of tea flavor in there!

Iced 8 min or more

I’m drinking this right now and it’s not bad. It has a bright red hue and there’s an equal combination of tart raspberries and pineapple. I can’t detect the taste of the white tea.