Almond Plum Perfection

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple Pieces, Beet Root, Candied Papaya, Carrot, Plum Flavor, Raisins, Roasted Almonds, Rose Petals
Raisins, Nuts, Plums
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop
Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 10 oz / 295 ml

• “Opening this bag of tea - very artificial scented and super strong! Gah, this is the second time with my Teavana teas. It smells like almond extract and super sweet fruit candy. Steeped, a...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 935 tasting notes
  • “I succumbed to the Teavana sales. Also, we just got back from a trip to Long Island, where we celebrated my great-aunts 100th birthday, pretty crazy. I'm happy to be back, especially since it...” Read full tasting note
    jeweledthumb 240 tasting notes
  • “I had refrigerated the second half of my pot of Teavana Almond Plum Perfection because I did not find it very palatable hot. How is it cold? Honestly, it reminds me of Hawaiian Punch doctored with...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 508 tasting notes
  • “Finished this sample off today with my daughter, who really loved the juiciness of this brew. I found it cloying today, and and the almond wasn't sitting right. I'm feeling a bit off though...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 940 tasting notes

From Teavana

Ring in the season Scandinavian-style with this yummy dessert blend featuring toasted almonds, juicy plums, and rose blossoms, steeped in the holiday tradition of baked delights. PRODUCT CONTAINS NUTS

Taste is a rich mouth feel of sweet rich plum and apples with bright hibiscus and almond undertones.

1.5 tsp at 208F/98C and steep for 5-6 minutes.

About Teavana View company

Opening this bag of tea – very artificial scented and super strong! Gah, this is the second time with my Teavana teas. It smells like almond extract and super sweet fruit candy.

Steeped, a gorgeous red with a pink tinge. Ahh, I remember when my hair was that colour! Sips up really sweet almond with a hint of stone fruityness. It’s a juicy tea, but I’m not getting the plum. Actually – this tea reminds me closely of DavidsTea Nutty Love, similar colour and flavour. Though, I lean towards preferring Nutty Love as its more nutty, while Almond Plum being pretty sweet and much more mystery fruity.

Flavors: Nuts, Plums

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I succumbed to the Teavana sales.

Also, we just got back from a trip to Long Island, where we celebrated my great-aunts 100th birthday, pretty crazy. I’m happy to be back, especially since it was so dry. Both my sinus passages and I are happy to be back near my tea stash.

This one I was a bit worried about, but it’s actually pretty nice. I’ve been into teas with almond and this is a light fruity one. I’m curious how it will fair with the addition of some rooibos. It definitely needs sweetener, it’s a little sour without and it’s not as creamy as say, Tiesta Teas Nutty Almond Cream but definitely drinkable!

Yvonne

Kinda wish I bought this now.

I had refrigerated the second half of my pot of Teavana Almond Plum Perfection because I did not find it very palatable hot. How is it cold? Honestly, it reminds me of Hawaiian Punch doctored with Everclear. I’m working from memory here—freshman year in college—but there is a low-grade grain alcohol flavor to this cold brew! I do smell the almond off the surface of the liquid, but the flavor does not break through the spiked punch-like beverage.

I have an entire, unopened 2 ounce envelope of this blend, which I should probably confer upon some person who actually likes it. If you are such a person, please drop me a line!

Finished this sample off today with my daughter, who really loved the juiciness of this brew. I found it cloying today, and and the almond wasn’t sitting right. I’m feeling a bit off though (slightly sore throat, bad sleep due to the youngest waking up at 2am last night asking to drink a LITER of chocolate almond milk).

I’m glad we finished this off. Unless my daughter begs for it, I’ll grab something else in the future.

Okay, so this doesn’t seem to be reviewed much, but I thought it was okay. Holy lot’s of almond extract flavour, but it did give it that baked note they promised. I have a love hate relationship with almond extract. I love the promise, and the smell, but can easily dislike the taste. In this case though, the cloying nature of the almond was really nicely balanced by the fruitiness of the plum. Maybe I am just getting way too eager for the holidays, but it tasted like Christmas to me!

I first had this tea brewed from a Teavana store, blended with Maharaja Chai Oolong. I was surprised that this unlikely combination was so good! I decided to order this one alone, and it is nice as well. It brews to a pretty pinkish shade. The almond and plum notes come through quite nicely. I was afraid that this would be to fruity for me, but it isn’t. The almond and plum balance out & compliment each other quite nicely. There is also a hint of spice. I like my tea on the sweet side, so I added sugar. Those who don’t need their tea as sweet would probably like it plain. This is one that I’ll probably buy again.

Got this as part of a sampler during a sale and it is tasty, but unremarkable. The almond is very present but kind of artificial, and it is VERY juicy and sweet without adding sweetener but I wouldn’t say I can pick out plum taste. And I would know, I adore plum! Overall, I will enjoy finishing up the sample baggie, but will not be repurchasing. Recommended for those who like their tea to remind them a fair bit of juice.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I actually really liked this tea! I like sweet fruity flavors and this one really hit the spot. The aroma is very captivating and really makes you want to sample it.

Thank you Carl Who for the sweet care package you sent my son of Doctor Who books and tea. He was very happy receiving a package with his name:) He has already told me what tea of “his” he wants to send you:)

We had this twice today: Luckily he likes sharing so I could have some.

First time we had it was right after school when he opened the package. I over steeped it by a good 20+mins and he loved how tart it was “Oooh Wow” in a deep “this is so good” voice (he’s eleven, it was not a manly voice yet). He did not think he would like it based off the smell from the bag. I thought it smelled nice like sweet fruit and almond extract that I love in sugar cookies.

The second time we had it was right before bed while we re-watched the episode when the 10th doctor dies, I still shed a few tears. This time I only went a few minutes over the steeping time and I enjoyed the not so puckering tart part and it was easier to notice the sweetness of fruit and almond flavor. The son liked this cup but prefers the first one more. So I will need to remember this for the future. Thank you so much Carol Who!

Had a $5 giftcard toStarbucks and since I don’t drink coffee, I figured why not waste it on some tea (although I despise Teavana…)

Upon opening the bag—WOW….overpoweringly sweet, fruity, almond smell. Strong of almond and cherry…almost like maraschino cherries to be exact. Smells very sweet and artificial…let’s see how this goes….

Brewed it up. Poured out the most vibrant red-pink liquid I’ve ever seen. Does not even look possible to have come from tea/fruit bits without the addition of some food coloring agent. Still smells very much like cherry and almond. It’s almost funny how Kool-Aid-esque this looks…oops, I don’t want to diss Kool-Aid….at least that’s good!

Tasting: Wow; surprisingly mellow, and a lot sweeter than I would have imagined. Normally the herbals I’ve tried are rather pungent and tart. I’m not getting the whole range of fruits, but the almond is a bit noticeable. The aftertaste is of maraschino cherry juice towards the back of your tongue. Hints of nuts and…jell-o? Strange cup; not terrible, but not something I’d go out of my way to buy. I think it would make a great mixer, though I’d definitely portion it out sparingly since it seems like it would be overpowering. Maybe would be great would rooibos! Definitely going to try this one iced.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Marcel Duchamp

I have friends that work at teavana, so they make me tea for free whenever I go in there. I actually like the Fig Rose more. It tastes like liquid raisins, which sounds gross but is really refreshing iced. Most of these herbals and fruity/floral teas from teavana are better iced.

hipstertea23

I’ve always had great tea from them when they’ve made it (loaded with sugar haha). This one I kept straight. I’m definitely trying it iced sometime this week. I think this would be enhanced with a splash of amaretto… ;)