Almond Plum Perfection

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple Pieces, Beet Root, Candied Papaya, Carrot, Plum Flavor, Raisins, Roasted Almonds, Rose Petals
Fruity, Marzipan, Sweet, Plums, Raisins, Nuts
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop
Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 10 oz / 308 ml

• “Opening this bag of tea - very artificial scented and super strong! Gah, this is the second time with my Teavana teas. It smells like almond extract and super sweet fruit candy. Steeped, a...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1075 tasting notes
  • “I succumbed to the Teavana sales. Also, we just got back from a trip to Long Island, where we celebrated my great-aunts 100th birthday, pretty crazy. I'm happy to be back, especially since it...” Read full tasting note
    jeweledthumb 329 tasting notes
  • “I had refrigerated the second half of my pot of Teavana Almond Plum Perfection because I did not find it very palatable hot. How is it cold? Honestly, it reminds me of Hawaiian Punch doctored with...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 1366 tasting notes
  • “Finished this sample off today with my daughter, who really loved the juiciness of this brew. I found it cloying today, and and the almond wasn't sitting right. I'm feeling a bit off though...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1157 tasting notes

From Teavana

Ring in the season Scandinavian-style with this yummy dessert blend featuring toasted almonds, juicy plums, and rose blossoms, steeped in the holiday tradition of baked delights. PRODUCT CONTAINS NUTS

Taste is a rich mouth feel of sweet rich plum and apples with bright hibiscus and almond undertones.

1.5 tsp at 208F/98C and steep for 5-6 minutes.

About Teavana View company

Opening this bag of tea – very artificial scented and super strong! Gah, this is the second time with my Teavana teas. It smells like almond extract and super sweet fruit candy.

Steeped, a gorgeous red with a pink tinge. Ahh, I remember when my hair was that colour! Sips up really sweet almond with a hint of stone fruityness. It’s a juicy tea, but I’m not getting the plum. Actually – this tea reminds me closely of DavidsTea Nutty Love, similar colour and flavour. Though, I lean towards preferring Nutty Love as its more nutty, while Almond Plum being pretty sweet and much more mystery fruity.

Flavors: Nuts, Plums

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I succumbed to the Teavana sales.

Also, we just got back from a trip to Long Island, where we celebrated my great-aunts 100th birthday, pretty crazy. I’m happy to be back, especially since it was so dry. Both my sinus passages and I are happy to be back near my tea stash.

This one I was a bit worried about, but it’s actually pretty nice. I’ve been into teas with almond and this is a light fruity one. I’m curious how it will fair with the addition of some rooibos. It definitely needs sweetener, it’s a little sour without and it’s not as creamy as say, Tiesta Teas Nutty Almond Cream but definitely drinkable!

Yvonne

Kinda wish I bought this now.

I had refrigerated the second half of my pot of Teavana Almond Plum Perfection because I did not find it very palatable hot. How is it cold? Honestly, it reminds me of Hawaiian Punch doctored with Everclear. I’m working from memory here—freshman year in college—but there is a low-grade grain alcohol flavor to this cold brew! I do smell the almond off the surface of the liquid, but the flavor does not break through the spiked punch-like beverage.

I have an entire, unopened 2 ounce envelope of this blend, which I should probably confer upon some person who actually likes it. If you are such a person, please drop me a line!

Finished this sample off today with my daughter, who really loved the juiciness of this brew. I found it cloying today, and and the almond wasn’t sitting right. I’m feeling a bit off though (slightly sore throat, bad sleep due to the youngest waking up at 2am last night asking to drink a LITER of chocolate almond milk).

I’m glad we finished this off. Unless my daughter begs for it, I’ll grab something else in the future.

Okay, so this doesn’t seem to be reviewed much, but I thought it was okay. Holy lot’s of almond extract flavour, but it did give it that baked note they promised. I have a love hate relationship with almond extract. I love the promise, and the smell, but can easily dislike the taste. In this case though, the cloying nature of the almond was really nicely balanced by the fruitiness of the plum. Maybe I am just getting way too eager for the holidays, but it tasted like Christmas to me!

I first had this tea brewed from a Teavana store, blended with Maharaja Chai Oolong. I was surprised that this unlikely combination was so good! I decided to order this one alone, and it is nice as well. It brews to a pretty pinkish shade. The almond and plum notes come through quite nicely. I was afraid that this would be to fruity for me, but it isn’t. The almond and plum balance out & compliment each other quite nicely. There is also a hint of spice. I like my tea on the sweet side, so I added sugar. Those who don’t need their tea as sweet would probably like it plain. This is one that I’ll probably buy again.

Kind of sad that the first time I’m logging this is also right when I’m sipping it down.

I like this tea quite a bit – I checked Teavana’s site and it looks like it was discontinued. Disappointing, especially since I could see myself getting more of this one. It’s fruity and the almond lends sweetness to the blend. Every once in a while, the almond takes over and this gets way to marzipan-heavy for my tastes. Even so, it’s a warm, comforting cup of tea and I’m going to miss it.

Flavors: Fruity, Marzipan, Sweet

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I mixed the last of my Almond Plum Perfection with Teavana’s Imperial Acai Blueberry a couple of days ago and stuck it in the fridge for later. Drinking it now, I can see that I put way too much sweetener in this cup. Not only that, the taste and smell remind me of the inside of a home decor store. There is definitely something here that reminds me of potpourri. Not sure yet if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. Let’s just say it’s fragrant.

Trying to sipdown a lot of my smaller samples. I leave for Germany on Sunday and plan to bring back lots of tea! The last time I went, 4 years ago I had just started drinking tea so I didn’t know what I liked. Decided to christen my new 300ml glass teapot with this sample. I’ve had it for a LONG time so I’m not expecting this to be really strong.

I’m not a huge fan of almond (most companies overdo it). The dry leaf smells really good!

Brews up a nice dark pinkish orange. Tastes a bit heavy on the hibiscus with a nutty tone. I probably don’t get much almond since it’s and old sample. I do get fruitiness though too. Will have one more cup to finish this off.

Ost

I love Germany!! How long you going to be there for?? :D :D Enjoy it!

Dustin

Ooooooooo, have fun on your trip!

darby

Thanks! I’ll be gone for about 12 days. Going to hopefully hit up Eilles in Munich and Coffee and Tea in Innsbruck. Maybe will find one in Berlin too! Bought a nice big bag to bring it all back in.

If you’re looking for an Amaretto/Marzipan tea, THIS would be the one to try. I received this in a gift set with Berry Almond Amaretto and feel like perhaps they mis-named both blends. The aroma of both the leaves and the liquor is potent (and smell like Amaretto)and the infusion didn’t disappoint. It was fruity, lightly tart and nutty. I really enjoyed it hot. This is a blend I would LOVE to experiment with and try baking with it, however my hubby is allergic to nuts and I plan on keeping him around…