Almond Plum Perfection

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple Pieces, Beet Root, Candied Papaya, Carrot, Plum Flavor, Raisins, Roasted Almonds, Rose Petals
Almond, Artificial, Fruity, Tangy, Apple, Plums, Spices, Marzipan, Sweet, Raisins, Nuts
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Opening this bag of tea – very artificial scented and super strong! Gah, this is the second time with my Teavana teas. It smells like almond extract and super sweet fruit candy. Steeped, a...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1143 tasting notes
  • “I succumbed to the Teavana sales. Also, we just got back from a trip to Long Island, where we celebrated my great-aunts 100th birthday, pretty crazy. I’m happy to be back, especially since it...” Read full tasting note
    jeweledthumb 343 tasting notes
  • “I had refrigerated the second half of my pot of Teavana Almond Plum Perfection because I did not find it very palatable hot. How is it cold? Honestly, it reminds me of Hawaiian Punch doctored with...” Read full tasting note
    shera-pop 1733 tasting notes
  • “Finished this sample off today with my daughter, who really loved the juiciness of this brew. I found it cloying today, and and the almond wasn’t sitting right. I’m feeling a bit off...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1349 tasting notes

From Teavana

Ring in the season Scandinavian-style with this yummy dessert blend featuring toasted almonds, juicy plums, and rose blossoms, steeped in the holiday tradition of baked delights. PRODUCT CONTAINS NUTS

Taste is a rich mouth feel of sweet rich plum and apples with bright hibiscus and almond undertones.

1.5 tsp at 208F/98C and steep for 5-6 minutes.

About Teavana View company

Kind of sad that the first time I’m logging this is also right when I’m sipping it down.

I like this tea quite a bit – I checked Teavana’s site and it looks like it was discontinued. Disappointing, especially since I could see myself getting more of this one. It’s fruity and the almond lends sweetness to the blend. Every once in a while, the almond takes over and this gets way to marzipan-heavy for my tastes. Even so, it’s a warm, comforting cup of tea and I’m going to miss it.

Flavors: Fruity, Marzipan, Sweet

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I mixed the last of my Almond Plum Perfection with Teavana’s Imperial Acai Blueberry a couple of days ago and stuck it in the fridge for later. Drinking it now, I can see that I put way too much sweetener in this cup. Not only that, the taste and smell remind me of the inside of a home decor store. There is definitely something here that reminds me of potpourri. Not sure yet if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. Let’s just say it’s fragrant.

Trying to sipdown a lot of my smaller samples. I leave for Germany on Sunday and plan to bring back lots of tea! The last time I went, 4 years ago I had just started drinking tea so I didn’t know what I liked. Decided to christen my new 300ml glass teapot with this sample. I’ve had it for a LONG time so I’m not expecting this to be really strong.

I’m not a huge fan of almond (most companies overdo it). The dry leaf smells really good!

Brews up a nice dark pinkish orange. Tastes a bit heavy on the hibiscus with a nutty tone. I probably don’t get much almond since it’s and old sample. I do get fruitiness though too. Will have one more cup to finish this off.

I love Germany!! How long you going to be there for?? :D :D Enjoy it!

Ooooooooo, have fun on your trip!

Thanks! I’ll be gone for about 12 days. Going to hopefully hit up Eilles in Munich and Coffee and Tea in Innsbruck. Maybe will find one in Berlin too! Bought a nice big bag to bring it all back in.

If you’re looking for an Amaretto/Marzipan tea, THIS would be the one to try. I received this in a gift set with Berry Almond Amaretto and feel like perhaps they mis-named both blends. The aroma of both the leaves and the liquor is potent (and smell like Amaretto)and the infusion didn’t disappoint. It was fruity, lightly tart and nutty. I really enjoyed it hot. This is a blend I would LOVE to experiment with and try baking with it, however my hubby is allergic to nuts and I plan on keeping him around…

Not a huge fan of this – the plum makes it taste like juice and the almond flavor is a bit strange. I expected not to like this one, though…

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This was included in my super amazing package from Carol Who (Doctor Who books and tea! W00t!). I was desperately looking for something different from my no-caffeine options currently, which happen to consist solely of rooibos. This was so lovely!
The scent is amazing, and while I probably wouldn’t want it all the time, I would definitely like it on hand. My experience (while limited, keep in mind) with this type of tisane, is that they can often be sort of too tangy, too many cranberries thrown in there, or something. This one isn’t like that at all, though. It’s spicy with sweet sugared fruits and cake, with just that end hint of tang…like a plum galette in a tea cup!

The setting only added to the enjoyment of the tea….I sat sipping while my husband told me all about the story ideas and poems that have been floating around in his head lately… It was one of those glorious moments where somehow you love someone more, and you don’t know how that’s possible because they already had your whole heart….but it just somehow is. :)

Thanks so much, Carol Who!

Flavors: Plums, Raisins

going to haveta agree with carol who on that awww (: i LOVE those moments! :D

i totally know what you mean about how fruity tisanes can be too tangy in a cranberry way! so if this isn’t like that, AND it makes you think of plum galette (!! the notorious recipe for original plum torte is one of the staples in my baking repertoire, i adore it), man that sounds so good. i am making a note of it!

Got this as part of a sampler during a sale and it is tasty, but unremarkable. The almond is very present but kind of artificial, and it is VERY juicy and sweet without adding sweetener but I wouldn’t say I can pick out plum taste. And I would know, I adore plum! Overall, I will enjoy finishing up the sample baggie, but will not be repurchasing. Recommended for those who like their tea to remind them a fair bit of juice.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I actually really liked this tea! I like sweet fruity flavors and this one really hit the spot. The aroma is very captivating and really makes you want to sample it.

Thank you Carl Who for the sweet care package you sent my son of Doctor Who books and tea. He was very happy receiving a package with his name:) He has already told me what tea of “his” he wants to send you:)

We had this twice today: Luckily he likes sharing so I could have some.

First time we had it was right after school when he opened the package. I over steeped it by a good 20+mins and he loved how tart it was “Oooh Wow” in a deep “this is so good” voice (he’s eleven, it was not a manly voice yet). He did not think he would like it based off the smell from the bag. I thought it smelled nice like sweet fruit and almond extract that I love in sugar cookies.

The second time we had it was right before bed while we re-watched the episode when the 10th doctor dies, I still shed a few tears. This time I only went a few minutes over the steeping time and I enjoyed the not so puckering tart part and it was easier to notice the sweetness of fruit and almond flavor. The son liked this cup but prefers the first one more. So I will need to remember this for the future. Thank you so much Carol Who!

Had a $5 giftcard toStarbucks and since I don’t drink coffee, I figured why not waste it on some tea (although I despise Teavana…)

Upon opening the bag—WOW….overpoweringly sweet, fruity, almond smell. Strong of almond and cherry…almost like maraschino cherries to be exact. Smells very sweet and artificial…let’s see how this goes….

Brewed it up. Poured out the most vibrant red-pink liquid I’ve ever seen. Does not even look possible to have come from tea/fruit bits without the addition of some food coloring agent. Still smells very much like cherry and almond. It’s almost funny how Kool-Aid-esque this looks…oops, I don’t want to diss Kool-Aid….at least that’s good!

Tasting: Wow; surprisingly mellow, and a lot sweeter than I would have imagined. Normally the herbals I’ve tried are rather pungent and tart. I’m not getting the whole range of fruits, but the almond is a bit noticeable. The aftertaste is of maraschino cherry juice towards the back of your tongue. Hints of nuts and…jell-o? Strange cup; not terrible, but not something I’d go out of my way to buy. I think it would make a great mixer, though I’d definitely portion it out sparingly since it seems like it would be overpowering. Maybe would be great would rooibos! Definitely going to try this one iced.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Marcel Duchamp

I have friends that work at teavana, so they make me tea for free whenever I go in there. I actually like the Fig Rose more. It tastes like liquid raisins, which sounds gross but is really refreshing iced. Most of these herbals and fruity/floral teas from teavana are better iced.

I’ve always had great tea from them when they’ve made it (loaded with sugar haha). This one I kept straight. I’m definitely trying it iced sometime this week. I think this would be enhanced with a splash of amaretto… ;)