Dosha Chai Rooibos

Chai Rooibos Blend
Cinnamon, Coconut, Vanilla, Rooibos, Cloves, Fruit Tree Flowers, Peppercorn
Edit tea info Last updated by bookshark
Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 10 oz / 295 ml

From Teavana

An aromatic harmony equaled only by its extraordinary ingredients. Red rooibos melts into cinnamon sticks, ginger, whole cloves and rose blossoms. Heavenly Madagascar vanilla is the height of luxury perfectly balanced by roasted coconut and cardamom to soothe the spirit and mind.

Spicy infusion of ginger, pepper, and cloves with cinnamon undertones

Ingredients:Red rooibos, toasted coconut rasps, cinnamon, artificial flavoring, ginger pieces, cinnamon sticks, coconut chips (coconut, coconut fat, sugar), cloves, rose blossom leaves, cardamom, black pepper, vanilla pieces PRODUCT CONTAINS TREE NUTS

About Teavana View company

I’m beginning to think that I will compare all cinnamon blend rooibos teas to Good Earth’s Sweet and Spicy. Don’t get me wrong, I grew up with Sweet and Spicy and still have some on hand and like it. The problem occurs when these loose blends are shown up by it.

Reading the description of this, I was expecting a spicy, coconut cinnamon rooibos, maybe a little bit like Davids’ Coco Chai Rooibos, which I loved. Wrong! I didn’t find this spicy at all, no matter how long I infused it. The coconut is very faint – the real star is the vanilla and cinnamon. But it’s not a spicy cinnamon. This is pleasant enough, but just not a wow.

And I think that is because it basically tastes like a very weak steep of Sweet and Spicy, making it super difficult for me to get over the price differential.

becksyoungyo

Have you tried the Cha Yen Thai Tea from teavana? Somewhat similar to the dosha chai but stronger in the sweet and spicy criteria.

Please keep things friendly and .

This is very flavorful, but pretty mild on the spice – just the way I like my chai. The cinnamon gives it a little warmth, and the vanilla and coconut a little sweetness. I was impressed that I didn’t have to add sweetener to this at all…I sweeten about 98% of the teas I drink, so that’s saying something. This, along with my Roasted Almond Chai from Tea’se Tea Shoppe, will remain in my regular chai rotation!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Coconut, Vanilla

Please keep things friendly and .

Fantastic! It is a mild and delicious level of spice. Absolutely a wonderful tea! I couldn’t love this tea anymore than I do!

It is not a perfect score though because it does not have a defined enough level of spice to mix milk with it.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Coconut, Rooibos

TTTTB 2.0

Isn’t it funny how much chais very from one to another? Sometimes heavy on cardamom, or heavy on cloves or nutmeg. This one is heavy on cinnamon. I don’t mind some teas with cinnamon so this type of tea works for me occasionally. I’m enjoying it but I wouldn’t buy it. I might recommend it with the caveat that it has quite a bit of cinnamon.

Please keep things friendly and .

A friend from work gave me some of this in exchange for some of my Kava Stress Relief tea.

Oh my gosh, is it delicious! It has pieces of real cinnamon stick in it. I taste coconut, apples, lots of warm cinnamon, and a sweet rooibos base. It’s warm and smooth and perfectly blended. Like liquid apple pie.

This tea is a game-changer for me. I was ready to write Teavana off as a bunch of overpriced hibiscus-lovers, but this made me reconsider them.

Please keep things friendly and .

This is a unique type of Chai tea. The coconut flavor is fairly pronounced, which I think is a nice note to the usual Chai spices. However, if you do not like coconut, you would not like this Chai tea.

Please keep things friendly and .

Although not a fan of this company – I’m a huge fan of this tea. First of all the tea smells AWESOME. Almost like a provence mixed with chai. For me – it has the right amount of sweet cinnamon and spice. I add 1/2 tsp more than the recommended amount. It has a permanent place in my tea cupboard – or what my husband calls my tea lounge.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Fruit Tree Flowers, Peppercorn