Golden Monkey

Apricot, Chocolate, Dried Fruit, Honey, Pecan, Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Teavana

The finest China black from the Fujian province. This smooth tea with complex chocolaty undertones is extremely low in tannins, yet rich in flavor.

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 195-205 degrees and steep for 2-3 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.
Ingredients:
Pure Chinese black tea (from Fujian province).

About Teavana View company

Small Big Traveling Tea Box

This tea has a nice malty flavor to it with a nice aroma. It isn’t quite as caramel-y or honey-y as I have had with other golden monkey teas. It does oddly leave my mouth a bit dry after every sip—weird. It is a decent golden monkey but the $18.98 that is costs for two ounces is wayyy too high for the quality.

Flavors: Malt

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 g 2 OZ / 59 ML

Picked at a ratio of one leaf to one bud and hand-selected to serve to Obama and the president of China at the Whitehouse, this tea lived up to it’s legend. It is tippy, smooth and full-bodied. The liquor is beautiful. Hot and clear is the best way to really appreciate this one. That being said, I always have some on-hand to mix with herbals to caffeinate them if needed. I found it was not unlike a good Darjeeling.

I’m probably not the best person to review this type of tea seeing as how I don’t like to drink plain black tea much but I wanted to give it a shot at least. Not judge a tea by it’s tin, ya know.

Not getting much of a chocolate or malty flavors. It is very earthy. Somewhat grassy but not as much as a green tea would be. For a plain black tea I don’t mind it. Good hot and cold.

1 tsp

Love this one, all the kick of black tea, but just a bit mellowed out.

I steeped this tea a minute longer than I should have, but the slight bitterness that comes out of tea is something I actually enjoy. Full bodied, malty flavor. Lingers just long enough to keep the palate satisfied between sips. Very enjoyable!

Thankfully this was a Christmas gift because the price that Teavana charges is a little steep. $18 for two ounces! However, I will definitely be on the look out for Golden Monkey from other retailers. Certainly recommend it!

drinking this at work. So wonderfully full. Black tea migt be my favorite kind of tea, and this might be my favorite black tea, rich, robust, but still drinkable. it’s almost blendable with anything. I tried some wit White Chocolate Peppermint, and it tasted like heaven.

I am new to loose tea. I went to the local Teavana store in the mall for some guidance. I wanted to start with a good replacemenmt for the Iced tea I had been buying for the local Chick Fil a and the Sonic. I drink iced tea all day but the tea never seemed to taste the same. The lady in Teavana said that I needed Golden Monkey. I do like it…… however I can see now that it was one of the most expensive that they sell. I would like to branch out and try others.

The last 2 days I have been enjoying this in the afternoons with a tsp of honey. I have had very little experience with straight black teas so not much to compare to. I received 2oz of this as a gift and so far I like. (2 tsp / 16 oz)

It smells rich, like there’s a lot to it. I hope there’s a lot to it, because I need this kick this morning. When brewed, it has a strong scent. It reminds me of when my dad used to take us with him to the place where he made his own beer. Malt, maybe? Anyway, it’s a smooth tea, with a dry aftertaste. Seriously, my mouth feels really dry after drinking this. I feel like I’m getting that kick I needed, but don’t think I would purchase this expensive tea again.

One of my #1 favorite teas. I love this one plain, or with a bit of cream and sugar.