Jade Citrus Mint

Spearmint, Lemon, Lemongrass, Mint
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by Erik Dabel

From Teavana

Refreshing and invigorating, this green tea blend is certain to add a bit of magic to the everyday. Sweet, cool spearmint and zesty lemongrass blend harmoniously in this smooth yet bold cup.

Bright citrus balance of lemon verbena and lemongrass with a hint of spearmint and rich China Chun Mee green tea base.

About Teavana View company

This tea is comparable to Tazo Zen except that it tastes way better. Whenever people get sad when I tell them we don’t have Tazo, we have Teavana I am all oh wait till you taste it, trust me here. There’s this one guy who would get China Green Tips every morning and he’s now exploring other teas haha. He had joked to me he was going to Caribou when I told him on Monday it was the last day for Tazo.

So I think this is pretty much the last of the bunch that I’ve never had previously, I had opened it so someone who had wanted to order Zen could smell it and she ended up going w/a different tea so I decided not to let it go to waste.

It’s definitely lemongrass in here. No doubt about that. I can only taste mint at the end of the sip, it lingers on my tongue even after just having the usual cooling sensation. Also can I say how much I love that it’s not just green tea, it’s identified as Chun Mee? Yes.

I don’t care for it overall, just because it’s too much lemongrass for my tastes. At least it hasn’t reached that fruit cereal flavor like I sometimes get when there’s too much. I’m guessing that’s the benefit of mixing lemon verbena in there too.

linx810

Very spot on to how I felt about Tazo Zen. After having this I found myself drinking Zen A LOT less.

I had this at a holiday get together with friends yesterday. Not terrible. I’d certainly drink it again. Might even get some if it was on clearance.
The mint is quite strong. On my first sip, all I could taste was mint. After a few more, I started to get a bit of a pleasant citrus build up.
As for the base, well I’m not a huge fan of Chun Mee so for once the flavouring saved a blend for me. I could still taste that heavy metallic oddness that bothers me very mildly in the background.

Only get this if you really love mint to the extent that you must have it in everything. I am only half kidding. What I mean is, is that the mint pretty much overpowers everything else in this tea. Which is a shame because I was really looking forward to a citrus-y punch. If your more of a citrus fan, this tea would not be for you. Raspberry Lemon Riot Mate, Spiced Mandarin Oolong, would be the 2 right off the top of my head that I would suggest from Teavana’s if your looking for Citrus tasting teas. I would also suggest Strawberry Lemonade, which has gotten rave reviews, but I have not tried it out yet.

My favorite fruit tea from there: Mango Mate Puerh Punch has unfortunately been discontinued. Sad kitty However, I must truck on, right?
RIGHT!

I’ve tasted this one before, and I’m still pretty okay with it, but the more I try it, the more I realize that this isn’t the green-tea/mint blend for me. There’s something about the green tea base of this blend that isn’t working for me – it’s got kind of a skunky note to it.

Anyways, I’m trying to get to the bottom of this package. I’m brewing it as directed on the label, with the water and leaf amounts scaled accordingly:
- 24 oz of water (in my trusty Bubble Teapot from David’s)
- water temp approx 175 °F
- 4.5 tsp of leaf
- 2 minute steep

The liquor is nice and orange and the first sip is really minty, with a long mint aftertaste. But there’s just that middle base of rather uninspiring green getting in the way.

aisling of tea

We’ve got two bubble teapot and love them both! They’re just plain great.

Christina

I’ve got 3 of them – 2 of the 24 oz ones and 1 45-oz one. The smaller size is great; perfect to use for multiple infusions.

Reasonably pleasant tea. I am enamored with the combo of lemongrass, lemon verbena, and spearmint, but this tea has shown me that it has to be the correct ratio of the 3 flavors with the green tea to really please my palate. It was overall a nice green tea, the flavor was just dominantly spearmint. I’d much prefer a more balanced combination of flavors.

I will finish the little tin of this loose leaf when I am in the mood for a minty tea. I don’t believe I will purchase any more when it is empty though.

Flavors: Spearmint

Interesting.

This is the 4th and final sampling from the Teavana Green Tea Essentials box set. And yeah, it’s… Interesting.

I’m a big fan of mint in good green tea. I have gone so far as to dry my own fresh mint leaves and add them to my favorite green tea so as to control the amount of each in my brew. I LOVE green tea with a hint of mint. Or even green tea with a lot of mint. But what about mint tea with a supposed but non existent green tea base?

This, yeah. The cool, refreshing taste of spearmint overwhelms the rest of the flavors in this tea. The citrus flavor is provided by lemongrass and lemon verbena, but you hardly get even a hint of it outside the aroma. Which is quite nice.

And that feel…. The tongue feel was more like cough medicine, or some sort of thick, creamy, dense, cool, syrup wrapping my tongue in a spearmint headlock.

I used 3 tablespoons of leaves in my 32 ounce Bodum Assam. After rinsing, I poured 180 degree water over the leaves and let them steep for 2 minutes. I will try a shorter time next time to see if that will bring out some of the others flavors.

The aroma was very promising, as it was clearly a green tea with lemon and spearmint flavors. I just wish the taste matched.

Decent tea, but the mint and lemongrass flavors were a little much for me.

The boyfriend, the dog, and I went on a nice long walk to Starbucks. I had the boyfriend order this for me in an attempt to avoid the higher calorie coffee drinks as I cannot drink straight coffee.

This blend is pretty tasty. As I am a big fan of mint I don’t mind that it overpowers the other flavors. I do still get some citrus. I didn’t think that citrus and mint would go well together, this tea proved otherwise. I could see ordering this one again.

Another sample I had in store. I wasn’t a fan of the mint, but the citrus flavours were great. I wonder if my aversion to the mint was a seasonal thing – I think that mint works better in the summer iced for me than served warm. Ahh…I can’t wait for summer again :P Now I know how Olaf feels…

Flavors: Lemon, Lemongrass, Spearmint

I’m on a serious mint kick lately.

This is a nice, mild, pleasant blend. The best I’ve had from Teavana. It’s a good one to drink for comfort.

Christina

I remember liking this one quite a bit too. Maybe it will be my go-to mint/citrus green when I finish off the Crazy Mint from RiverTea (sob).

teaqueen

Oh, that will probably be a sad day! But yes. I think Jade Citrus Mint will make a good transition tea until you find a new citrus/mint green love. :D