Jade Citrus Mint

Fruit Green Herbal Blend
Green Tea, Lemon Verbena, Lemongrass, Natural Flavours, Spearmint
Mint, Citrus, Green, Lemon Zest, Spearmint, Jasmine, Lemon, Lemongrass, Lime, Earth, Sweet
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by Erik Dabel

From Teavana

Refreshing and invigorating, this green tea blend is certain to add a bit of magic to the everyday. Sweet, cool spearmint and zesty lemongrass blend harmoniously in this smooth yet bold cup.

Bright citrus balance of lemon verbena and lemongrass with a hint of spearmint and rich China Chun Mee green tea base.

About Teavana View company

This tea is comparable to Tazo Zen except that it tastes way better. Whenever people get sad when I tell them we don’t have Tazo, we have Teavana I am all oh wait till you taste it, trust me here. There’s this one guy who would get China Green Tips every morning and he’s now exploring other teas haha. He had joked to me he was going to Caribou when I told him on Monday it was the last day for Tazo.

So I think this is pretty much the last of the bunch that I’ve never had previously, I had opened it so someone who had wanted to order Zen could smell it and she ended up going w/a different tea so I decided not to let it go to waste.

It’s definitely lemongrass in here. No doubt about that. I can only taste mint at the end of the sip, it lingers on my tongue even after just having the usual cooling sensation. Also can I say how much I love that it’s not just green tea, it’s identified as Chun Mee? Yes.

I don’t care for it overall, just because it’s too much lemongrass for my tastes. At least it hasn’t reached that fruit cereal flavor like I sometimes get when there’s too much. I’m guessing that’s the benefit of mixing lemon verbena in there too.

linx810

Very spot on to how I felt about Tazo Zen. After having this I found myself drinking Zen A LOT less.

I had this at a holiday get together with friends yesterday. Not terrible. I’d certainly drink it again. Might even get some if it was on clearance.
The mint is quite strong. On my first sip, all I could taste was mint. After a few more, I started to get a bit of a pleasant citrus build up.
As for the base, well I’m not a huge fan of Chun Mee so for once the flavouring saved a blend for me. I could still taste that heavy metallic oddness that bothers me very mildly in the background.

Only get this if you really love mint to the extent that you must have it in everything. I am only half kidding. What I mean is, is that the mint pretty much overpowers everything else in this tea. Which is a shame because I was really looking forward to a citrus-y punch. If your more of a citrus fan, this tea would not be for you. Raspberry Lemon Riot Mate, Spiced Mandarin Oolong, would be the 2 right off the top of my head that I would suggest from Teavana’s if your looking for Citrus tasting teas. I would also suggest Strawberry Lemonade, which has gotten rave reviews, but I have not tried it out yet.

My favorite fruit tea from there: Mango Mate Puerh Punch has unfortunately been discontinued. Sad kitty However, I must truck on, right?
RIGHT!

I’ve tasted this one before, and I’m still pretty okay with it, but the more I try it, the more I realize that this isn’t the green-tea/mint blend for me. There’s something about the green tea base of this blend that isn’t working for me – it’s got kind of a skunky note to it.

Anyways, I’m trying to get to the bottom of this package. I’m brewing it as directed on the label, with the water and leaf amounts scaled accordingly:
- 24 oz of water (in my trusty Bubble Teapot from David’s)
- water temp approx 175 °F
- 4.5 tsp of leaf
- 2 minute steep

The liquor is nice and orange and the first sip is really minty, with a long mint aftertaste. But there’s just that middle base of rather uninspiring green getting in the way.

aisling of tea

We’ve got two bubble teapot and love them both! They’re just plain great.

Christina / BooksandTea

I’ve got 3 of them – 2 of the 24 oz ones and 1 45-oz one. The smaller size is great; perfect to use for multiple infusions.

I tried two new teas today and so far so good :) this one reminds me of the mint tea my Moroccan friend used to make, with moroccan pastries hmmm! I don’t really taste the citrus, but it’s very minty. Definitely good if you have a sore throat :)

Flavors: Mint

First loose leaf tea I ever bought. Now realize that there are much better mint blends than this. Mint is definitely strong, overpowering the other flavors of the tea. Its not something that I will restock on, but if I am hitting up starbucks I will probably be drinking this.

Flavors: Mint

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I like this tea best iced from starbucks. so delicious! However, hot is pretty underwhelming unfortunately :(

Flavors: Citrus, Green, Mint

Picked this one up from Starbucks as well (it was a long day, lots of driving). Again, wish Starbucks would lay off a bit with the boiling water on green teas, but I don’t think this one suffered from it as much as the Cloud & Mist, probably because there’s so much herbal stuff in here.

I feel like this is Teavana’s version of David’s Midsummer Night’s Dream. There are some key differences: M.N.D is strictly an herbal (but I’m really not getting much base from Jade Citrus Mint, so not sure how much green tea is actually in here) and while Teavana uses lemongrass and lemon verbena to achieve the “citrus” note, David’s uses gooseberries.

The only difference that comes across though is the ratio of flavors, citrus vs. mint. David’s is a lot stronger on the citrus flavor, with the mint in a noticeable but supporting role. Teavana’s is almost entirely mint, with light notes of citrus.

My personal preference is for the David’s (because I love the citrus family in just about every form) but I can see people going either way.

The spearmint is divine, and this tea is probably my favorite green from Teavana. Do NOT steep past the minute mark, or it will be so strong you won’t be able to drink it.

Flavors: Citrus, Green, Lemon Zest, Mint, Spearmint

This is easily my favourite tea from Teavana. Love the minty flavour as well as soft citrus-y green tea. My only caveat is that I need to use more than what is recommended to achieve the flavour profile I love.

Flavors: Jasmine, Lemon, Mint