Jade Citrus Mint

Fruit Green Herbal Blend
Green Tea, Lemon Verbena, Lemongrass, Natural Flavours, Spearmint
Citrus, Green, Lemon Zest, Mint, Spearmint, Jasmine, Lemon, Lemongrass, Lime, Earth, Sweet
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by Erik Dabel

From Teavana

Refreshing and invigorating, this green tea blend is certain to add a bit of magic to the everyday. Sweet, cool spearmint and zesty lemongrass blend harmoniously in this smooth yet bold cup.

Bright citrus balance of lemon verbena and lemongrass with a hint of spearmint and rich China Chun Mee green tea base.

About Teavana View company

This tea is comparable to Tazo Zen except that it tastes way better. Whenever people get sad when I tell them we don’t have Tazo, we have Teavana I am all oh wait till you taste it, trust me here. There’s this one guy who would get China Green Tips every morning and he’s now exploring other teas haha. He had joked to me he was going to Caribou when I told him on Monday it was the last day for Tazo.

So I think this is pretty much the last of the bunch that I’ve never had previously, I had opened it so someone who had wanted to order Zen could smell it and she ended up going w/a different tea so I decided not to let it go to waste.

It’s definitely lemongrass in here. No doubt about that. I can only taste mint at the end of the sip, it lingers on my tongue even after just having the usual cooling sensation. Also can I say how much I love that it’s not just green tea, it’s identified as Chun Mee? Yes.

I don’t care for it overall, just because it’s too much lemongrass for my tastes. At least it hasn’t reached that fruit cereal flavor like I sometimes get when there’s too much. I’m guessing that’s the benefit of mixing lemon verbena in there too.

Very spot on to how I felt about Tazo Zen. After having this I found myself drinking Zen A LOT less.

I had this at a holiday get together with friends yesterday. Not terrible. I’d certainly drink it again. Might even get some if it was on clearance.
The mint is quite strong. On my first sip, all I could taste was mint. After a few more, I started to get a bit of a pleasant citrus build up.
As for the base, well I’m not a huge fan of Chun Mee so for once the flavouring saved a blend for me. I could still taste that heavy metallic oddness that bothers me very mildly in the background.

Only get this if you really love mint to the extent that you must have it in everything. I am only half kidding. What I mean is, is that the mint pretty much overpowers everything else in this tea. Which is a shame because I was really looking forward to a citrus-y punch. If your more of a citrus fan, this tea would not be for you. Raspberry Lemon Riot Mate, Spiced Mandarin Oolong, would be the 2 right off the top of my head that I would suggest from Teavana’s if your looking for Citrus tasting teas. I would also suggest Strawberry Lemonade, which has gotten rave reviews, but I have not tried it out yet.

My favorite fruit tea from there: Mango Mate Puerh Punch has unfortunately been discontinued. Sad kitty However, I must truck on, right?

I’ve tasted this one before, and I’m still pretty okay with it, but the more I try it, the more I realize that this isn’t the green-tea/mint blend for me. There’s something about the green tea base of this blend that isn’t working for me – it’s got kind of a skunky note to it.

Anyways, I’m trying to get to the bottom of this package. I’m brewing it as directed on the label, with the water and leaf amounts scaled accordingly:
- 24 oz of water (in my trusty Bubble Teapot from David’s)
- water temp approx 175 °F
- 4.5 tsp of leaf
- 2 minute steep

The liquor is nice and orange and the first sip is really minty, with a long mint aftertaste. But there’s just that middle base of rather uninspiring green getting in the way.

aisling of tea

We’ve got two bubble teapot and love them both! They’re just plain great.

I’ve got 3 of them – 2 of the 24 oz ones and 1 45-oz one. The smaller size is great; perfect to use for multiple infusions.

The spearmint is divine, and this tea is probably my favorite green from Teavana. Do NOT steep past the minute mark, or it will be so strong you won’t be able to drink it.

Flavors: Citrus, Green, Lemon Zest, Mint, Spearmint

This is easily my favourite tea from Teavana. Love the minty flavour as well as soft citrus-y green tea. My only caveat is that I need to use more than what is recommended to achieve the flavour profile I love.

Flavors: Jasmine, Lemon, Mint

170 °F / 76 °C 3 min, 45 sec 8 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

Alright steepster – so here’s the deal. I’ve been using you to procrastinate since the beginning of the semester and I’ve finally gotten my act together enough to stop tea-creeping and actually study, hahaha.
I went to starbucks last night for a study break and got this one hot with a bit of honey since of course I’m starting to feel sick. And its soo nice! The smell is amazing and it tastes just like it smells. Mostly minty but with citrusy notes. I steeped for ~3 minutes and then put the bag in my iced water just because I didnt have anywhere else to put it and this is EVEN BETTER! And I got a second drink out of it for no extra cost whoop whoop!
Cold it kind of tastes like a mojito, and its really nice on my sore throat right now!
Last final exam is tomorrow, and then I have to complete my last paper before I start my field school.
It never ends. ;)

Flavors: Citrus, Lemongrass, Lime, Mint

Smells are the first thing I notice with any foodstuff that I purchase and I could not resist the purchase after smelling this tea. The aroma of the tea is sharp and fresh as spearmint gets. The smell clings to the back of your throat with a single whiff and gives the most delicate fragrance of citrus with the familiar and relaxing mint frost.

After heaping this into my teapot, the resulting drink was fantastic. The tea is very light with almost no bitter qualities to it with a 2-minute steeping time. The mint flavor was strong and defined in the tea, but was not similar to spearmint gum or some other overly sweet spearmint. That being said I am highly sensitive to a strong spearmint taste with a lot of sugar (making gum an unsettling adventure for me), this was not so. The mint in the tea was light enough that it did not upset my stomach in any way but instead soothed it.

This tea brought a smile to my face I was not expecting. The taste and smells are something I now look forward to in my evening routine before bed. I do not feel any effects of caffeine and this has put me in a state of tranquility that I do not commonly frequent.

Flavors: Citrus, Earth, Spearmint, Sweet

I recently gave away a tin of this when I realized I hadn’t opened it, so today I decided to give it a go while I was at work to see if this was a good call. I liked this better than just a straight mint tea, but I wish this was a little more citrus and a little less mint. I did find the lemongrass came out more as it cooled. It’s a nice sipping tea, but the minty aftertaste isn’t something I’m usually after. Not sad this is no longer in my cupboard. I’m learning my lesson with mint.

Flavors: Spearmint

So, I’m in the habit of making tea packages for people at work who express interest in tea. Mainly because I don’t have many real life tea friends and I aim to convert as many as possible. One of the recipients recently gifted me with samples of tea he’d picked up at Teavana. None of the teas he picked out are ones I would have chosen for myself so hooray on that front!

This is my second time having this tea. First impression was that it was all mint, some green tea, and I couldn’t find the citrus. Seriously, the mint is strong in this one. The tea itself really light, which is perfect for the warmer weather we’ve been having.

I reached for this tonight because I’m feeling terrible. I haven’t had the energy for tea all week, finally felt up to making some today, and then I couldn’t finish the cup. I kept wanting to make the Strawberry Grapefruit Xue Long I was drinking into a tea soda, then it was making me feel nauseous, so I reached for some stomach-soothing mint. Here’s hoping it works on headaches, too.

I really like this one. It’s smooth and very minty. It’s unexpectedly sweet, too. The whole combination is quite soothing. I’m also getting some citrus (faint lemon?) this time around too, which makes me think this would be an awesome sick tea. With some actual lemon slices, maybe some sweetener, I can see this making a kick-ass iced summer treat as well! Nice!

Flavors: Lemon, Mint