Jade Citrus Mint

Fruit Green Herbal Blend
Green Tea, Lemon Verbena, Lemongrass, Natural Flavours, Spearmint
Citrus, Mint, Tart, Green, Lemon Zest, Spearmint, Jasmine, Lemon, Lemongrass, Lime, Earth, Sweet
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by Erik Dabel

From Teavana

Refreshing and invigorating, this green tea blend is certain to add a bit of magic to the everyday. Sweet, cool spearmint and zesty lemongrass blend harmoniously in this smooth yet bold cup.

Bright citrus balance of lemon verbena and lemongrass with a hint of spearmint and rich China Chun Mee green tea base.

About Teavana View company

This tea is comparable to Tazo Zen except that it tastes way better. Whenever people get sad when I tell them we don’t have Tazo, we have Teavana I am all oh wait till you taste it, trust me here. There’s this one guy who would get China Green Tips every morning and he’s now exploring other teas haha. He had joked to me he was going to Caribou when I told him on Monday it was the last day for Tazo.

So I think this is pretty much the last of the bunch that I’ve never had previously, I had opened it so someone who had wanted to order Zen could smell it and she ended up going w/a different tea so I decided not to let it go to waste.

It’s definitely lemongrass in here. No doubt about that. I can only taste mint at the end of the sip, it lingers on my tongue even after just having the usual cooling sensation. Also can I say how much I love that it’s not just green tea, it’s identified as Chun Mee? Yes.

I don’t care for it overall, just because it’s too much lemongrass for my tastes. At least it hasn’t reached that fruit cereal flavor like I sometimes get when there’s too much. I’m guessing that’s the benefit of mixing lemon verbena in there too.

linx810

Very spot on to how I felt about Tazo Zen. After having this I found myself drinking Zen A LOT less.

I had this at a holiday get together with friends yesterday. Not terrible. I’d certainly drink it again. Might even get some if it was on clearance.
The mint is quite strong. On my first sip, all I could taste was mint. After a few more, I started to get a bit of a pleasant citrus build up.
As for the base, well I’m not a huge fan of Chun Mee so for once the flavouring saved a blend for me. I could still taste that heavy metallic oddness that bothers me very mildly in the background.

Only get this if you really love mint to the extent that you must have it in everything. I am only half kidding. What I mean is, is that the mint pretty much overpowers everything else in this tea. Which is a shame because I was really looking forward to a citrus-y punch. If your more of a citrus fan, this tea would not be for you. Raspberry Lemon Riot Mate, Spiced Mandarin Oolong, would be the 2 right off the top of my head that I would suggest from Teavana’s if your looking for Citrus tasting teas. I would also suggest Strawberry Lemonade, which has gotten rave reviews, but I have not tried it out yet.

My favorite fruit tea from there: Mango Mate Puerh Punch has unfortunately been discontinued. Sad kitty However, I must truck on, right?
RIGHT!

I’ve tasted this one before, and I’m still pretty okay with it, but the more I try it, the more I realize that this isn’t the green-tea/mint blend for me. There’s something about the green tea base of this blend that isn’t working for me – it’s got kind of a skunky note to it.

Anyways, I’m trying to get to the bottom of this package. I’m brewing it as directed on the label, with the water and leaf amounts scaled accordingly:
- 24 oz of water (in my trusty Bubble Teapot from David’s)
- water temp approx 175 °F
- 4.5 tsp of leaf
- 2 minute steep

The liquor is nice and orange and the first sip is really minty, with a long mint aftertaste. But there’s just that middle base of rather uninspiring green getting in the way.

Daddyselephant

We’ve got two bubble teapot and love them both! They’re just plain great.

Christina / BooksandTea

I’ve got 3 of them – 2 of the 24 oz ones and 1 45-oz one. The smaller size is great; perfect to use for multiple infusions.

This is strange. I could have sworn I had added this tea to my cupboard AND reviewed it in the past. Oh well. Here it is, then.

I’ve had this tea for a very long time (read: 3 years). I first tried it when I got to take home a whole bag of it from Starbucks, since we were tasting the new replacement teas that took away my beloved Tazo. Since no one else wanted the rest, I “volunteered” to take it home with me. It’s been sitting in the back of my cupboard ever since. This tea was supposed to be replacing Tazo’s Zen tea. Now, if you’ve been reading my blog, you’d know how much I just love Zen. Jade Citrus as a replacement was a big, big disappointment. Whereas I found Zen to be perfectly balanced with the green tea, lemongrass, and a hint of mint, in Jade Citrus the mint overpowers all other flavours. It even smells like pure spearmint – it’s more comparable to my toothpaste than to Tazo Zen, in my opinion.

Ok, I was going on a little rant. To be perfectly honest, I am drinking trying it again because when I came home from work today I saw a brand new tin of Jade Citrus sitting on my desk – a lovely and thoughtful gift from my boyfriend. Unfortunately, he didn’t know about my unpleasant history with Jade Citrus, and I was mostly just confused about where this tin had come from than shown him my gratitude at his thoughtfulness. I feel bad. So here I am, giving this tea a second chance. (Note: I did use tea from the original sample back I had from Starbucks. I realize it may be a bit old, but when I opened it to check it’s quality, I was once again blown away by the minty aroma. I think it’s safe to say the tea will still be potent.)

Being very wary of the strength of this tea, I underleafed my cup slightly, and didn’t brew it more than a couple minutes. I have nothing new to report, despite my hope that maybe my tastes/grudge has changed. Honestly, all I can taste in this tea is the mint. It even leaves that tingly mouth-feel you get after brushing your teeth. Now, I am not averse to mint, but I do not enjoy it when it overwhelms where it’s not supposed to. This tea is supposed to be nuanced with layers of flavour, both green tea and citrus – it is not. I’m glad I didn’t open up the new tea, at least now I can give it to someone who will enjoy it.

I find a little bit of this goes a long way (I can make a 18 oz pot with just 2 tsp). I bought just $7 worth and I’ve lost count of how many pots of tea I’ve made… and I still have more to use.
The flavour is very strong, and if you hate mint you will hate this tea. Adding a little bit of sugar helps, but isn’t necessary for me.

Flavors: Citrus, Mint

The mint flavour is very strong in this tea. I couldn’t stomach a hot cup, but I enjoyed this very much as a tea lemonade. I brewed a large amount in my Takeya Flash Chill Iced Tea Maker, poured in an equal amount of Simply Lemonade, added ice cubes, shook vigorously, and served.

Flavors: Mint, Tart

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 10 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML

I tried two new teas today and so far so good :) this one reminds me of the mint tea my Moroccan friend used to make, with moroccan pastries hmmm! I don’t really taste the citrus, but it’s very minty. Definitely good if you have a sore throat :)

Flavors: Mint

First loose leaf tea I ever bought. Now realize that there are much better mint blends than this. Mint is definitely strong, overpowering the other flavors of the tea. Its not something that I will restock on, but if I am hitting up starbucks I will probably be drinking this.

Flavors: Mint

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I like this tea best iced from starbucks. so delicious! However, hot is pretty underwhelming unfortunately :(

Flavors: Citrus, Green, Mint