Jade Citrus Mint

Fruit Green Herbal Blend
Lemon, Lemongrass, Spearmint, Mint
Edit tea info Last updated by Marcel Duchamp

• “This tea is comparable to Tazo Zen except that it tastes way better. Whenever people get sad when I tell them we don't have Tazo, we have Teavana I am all oh wait till you taste it, trust me here....” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes
  • “I had this at a holiday get together with friends yesterday. Not terrible. I'd certainly drink it again. Might even get some if it was on clearance. The mint is quite strong. On my first sip, all...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1314 tasting notes
  • “Only get this if you really love mint to the extent that you must have it in **everything**. I am only half kidding. What I mean is, is that the mint pretty much overpowers everything else in...” Read full tasting note
    lynxiegrl 178 tasting notes
  • “I've tasted this one before, and I'm still pretty okay with it, but the more I try it, the more I realize that this isn't the green-tea/mint blend for me. There's something about the green tea base...” Read full tasting note
    cvasilevski 532 tasting notes

From Teavana

Refreshing and invigorating, this green tea blend is certain to add a bit of magic to the everyday. Sweet, cool spearmint and zesty lemongrass blend harmoniously in this smooth yet bold cup.

Bright citrus balance of lemon verbena and lemongrass with a hint of spearmint and rich China Chun Mee green tea base.

About Teavana View company

This tea is comparable to Tazo Zen except that it tastes way better. Whenever people get sad when I tell them we don’t have Tazo, we have Teavana I am all oh wait till you taste it, trust me here. There’s this one guy who would get China Green Tips every morning and he’s now exploring other teas haha. He had joked to me he was going to Caribou when I told him on Monday it was the last day for Tazo.

So I think this is pretty much the last of the bunch that I’ve never had previously, I had opened it so someone who had wanted to order Zen could smell it and she ended up going w/a different tea so I decided not to let it go to waste.

It’s definitely lemongrass in here. No doubt about that. I can only taste mint at the end of the sip, it lingers on my tongue even after just having the usual cooling sensation. Also can I say how much I love that it’s not just green tea, it’s identified as Chun Mee? Yes.

I don’t care for it overall, just because it’s too much lemongrass for my tastes. At least it hasn’t reached that fruit cereal flavor like I sometimes get when there’s too much. I’m guessing that’s the benefit of mixing lemon verbena in there too.

I had this at a holiday get together with friends yesterday. Not terrible. I’d certainly drink it again. Might even get some if it was on clearance.
The mint is quite strong. On my first sip, all I could taste was mint. After a few more, I started to get a bit of a pleasant citrus build up.
As for the base, well I’m not a huge fan of Chun Mee so for once the flavouring saved a blend for me. I could still taste that heavy metallic oddness that bothers me very mildly in the background.

Only get this if you really love mint to the extent that you must have it in everything. I am only half kidding. What I mean is, is that the mint pretty much overpowers everything else in this tea. Which is a shame because I was really looking forward to a citrus-y punch. If your more of a citrus fan, this tea would not be for you. Raspberry Lemon Riot Mate, Spiced Mandarin Oolong, would be the 2 right off the top of my head that I would suggest from Teavana’s if your looking for Citrus tasting teas. I would also suggest Strawberry Lemonade, which has gotten rave reviews, but I have not tried it out yet.

My favorite fruit tea from there: Mango Mate Puerh Punch has unfortunately been discontinued. Sad kitty However, I must truck on, right?
RIGHT!

I’ve tasted this one before, and I’m still pretty okay with it, but the more I try it, the more I realize that this isn’t the green-tea/mint blend for me. There’s something about the green tea base of this blend that isn’t working for me – it’s got kind of a skunky note to it.

Anyways, I’m trying to get to the bottom of this package. I’m brewing it as directed on the label, with the water and leaf amounts scaled accordingly:
- 24 oz of water (in my trusty Bubble Teapot from David’s)
- water temp approx 175 °F
- 4.5 tsp of leaf
- 2 minute steep

The liquor is nice and orange and the first sip is really minty, with a long mint aftertaste. But there’s just that middle base of rather uninspiring green getting in the way.

aisling of tea

We’ve got two bubble teapot and love them both! They’re just plain great.

Christina

I’ve got 3 of them – 2 of the 24 oz ones and 1 45-oz one. The smaller size is great; perfect to use for multiple infusions.

I have an upper respiratory infection… and a sinus infection. So a warm minty green tea has been nice. I love the lemon verbana in this guy. Really Brightens up the mint flavors.

Flavors: Lemon, Lemongrass, Spearmint

This tea is very heavy on the mint – a heady rush of peppermint that lingers on the palate and in the nose – but there’s also a slightly unpleasant taste on the back of each sip that I find decidedly unappealing.

I’m not particularly picking up on the citrus flavours, to be honest, and there are definitely many other mint teas that I would choose to brew over this one…so (as many teavana teas go) I’m not all that enthusiastic about this one.

I’ve been making tea packages all day and decided I had earned some time to relax. So I made a cup of this and jumped into a ginger milk bath. The two go together quite nicely. The aroma of this tea is awesome. More mint than citrus but it works. The flavor is the same. The main flavor is spearmint with hints of lemongrass and verbena.

My First Tea I brewed in my First Teapot while In las vegas on my Honeymoon, Quite nice but I’m a newbie so give me some time to age~ I would buy this again.

Very strong mint taste, was expecting a bit more citrus in there.

Very decent brew thought I get a weird grassy taste after a couple of sips, I don’t know if it’s normal, that’s why I will finish my 100g bag I bought and will not buy again.