Spiced Apple Cider

Rooibos Tea
Apple, Carob, Chicory Root, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Orange Peels, Plum Flavor, Rooibos
Cinnamon, Cloves
Decaffeinated
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Teavana

Capture the soothing and inviting essence of hot apple cider with this aromatic rooibos filled with fruits and spices. Crisp apple and juicy plum blend temptingly with cinnamon, chicory, and sweet carob for a cup full of flavor that envelops the senses in comfort and joy.

Sweet cinnamon & apple balanced with bright hibiscus, orange, & a hint of plum

Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to just at boiling (208 degrees/98 degrees Celsius) and steep for 5-6 minutes. For stronger flavor, use more tea leaves. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:Cinnamon, red rooibos, chicory root, plum pieces (plum, rice flour), apple slices, carob pieces, hibiscus flowers, artificial flavoring, apple pieces, orange peels

About Teavana View company

This is SO sweet.

Cinnamon candy. A little hibiscus/chicory/orange peel aftertaste.

But mostly cinnamon.

I don’t hate it, and it only cost me something like $1.50 for the 50g, so I consider it worth a try.

But… apple? Nope. No apple here.

Edit: Oh. Weird. Oh gross weird omg whyyyyyy. I pulled some Kale Chips out of the oven and gently salted them with Magic Mushroom Powder (ha!) and then sipped this tea. Sooooo gross! But I can taste the apple like this. :/

Yvonne

No apple? Suddenly I’m glad I skipped this one.

VariaTEA

This was all kinds of no for me because it was cloyingly sweet but one of my best friend loves it. However, $1.50 for 50g of a Teavana tea is definitely worth a try if it is something that interests you.

OMGsrsly

It gets super gross as it cools, too. Hibiscus-cinnamon tea. I will try cold brewing it. :D

VariaTEA

Worst comes to worse you can swap it out for something better :)

Amariel

Blech, so much I dislike in one tea…ha!

I’ve been drinking this all week and I finished the 2oz (semi-sipdown since I have more). I don’t think I’ve ever finished that amount of tea in such a short amount of time – though this is rather heavy! I’ve been loving this mixed with pretty much any kind of vanilla or nutty rooibos. It’s great on its own, but when you add a teaspoon of a creamy rooibos, you get the cream taste at the end of the sip which is lovely.

At the rate I’m going, I’m going to finish the 8oz in less than a month… so I might have ordered more. Oops.

Yvonne

Darn, now I regret not picking this one up :(

jeweledthumb

@Yvonne: It’s still in stock on their website. =)

Looks super pretty, but kind of like potpourri.

Tastes exactly like you might imagine steeped potpourri water would taste.

RogersCK

Good to see you drinking tea again :) Scared of trying that one, I cannot imagine how potpourri will taste like when steeped, lol.

darby

Do u taste the rooibos?

momo

nope, cinnamon is far too strong and actually numbs my tongue. I get something oddly floral that just ruins it, otherwise it tastes like cider.

Anna

Oh, the horror.

Marcel Duchamp

I sampled at Teavana… it is like a cinnamon drink, not a red tea.

coletheteaaddict

Terrible Terrible tea

So this is the fourth Teavana tea I am trying from my order and it is the third that I am highly unimpressed with. I mean for a tea called SPICED apple cider you would expect some spice but there is an overpowering sweetness from the cinnamon that is just so unpleasant. Maybe next time less steeping would correct that issue but for now I am seriously debating about pouring out the cup.

Courtney

Oh no! That doesn’t sound like the greatest order. I hope it starts looking up :)

VariaTEA

Yeah Teavana is really not doing it for me tonight. The three teas I have not liked are the ones I was most excited about. I am just finding them way to sweet and incredibly oily. And for the cost of Teavana’s teas I was really expecting more from them.

VariaTEA

Luckily I also have swaps that I can try and they all seem to be much more delightful teas.

Courtney

Well yay for swaps at least :) That is really too bad. I have a Teavana store handy but the minimum 50g has always turned me off and I’ve only really tried swaps of their teas.

VariaTEA

well if you want to try some of these teas despite my horrendous reviews I can add some to your package which I unfortunately have not sent out yet due to a paper I have due tomorrow.

Courtney

I may pass. You can slip in a cup if you’re desperate to get rid of them :P I understand the paper, I’m in six classes this term and three labs, so no worries there :)

VariaTEA

Ouch, that certainly seems like a handful. And I would slip some in had I not just discovered we are running dangerously low on ziplocs…ooops! Well I will just add that to things to do tomorrow once the paper is submitted.

To celebrate our latest blizzard, I brewed up a big Bodum of Teavana Spiced Apple Cider. This was a sip-down since I used half the package to ensure a full apple cider experience.

This batch brought back memories of the hot spiced wine prepared by my dad at Christmastime. Warm and satisfying, like sitting in front of a crackling fire

Boiling 8 min or more 6 g 32 OZ / 946 ML

Oh no, oh no,

oh no!

Today I learnt an important lesson: — check reviews before purchasing a tea that is seventy-five percent off at Teavana. This does that mean sale teas are inherently terrible, but this does not mean sale teas are inherently good. It is always worth asking for second opinion from non-employees.

Today makes the first time I have ever not finished a cup of tea and now I have little over two ounces of Spiced Apple Cider to figure out what to do with. I’m not happy.

Anna

Teavana are evil.

yyz

Put it up on the cswap list or take it away list, someone may want it you never know.

What made you hate it?

Crystal O.

It had a very bitter and unpleasurable taste? I don’t know how to describe it. I just had bad reaction when I started drinking it. :(

Crystal O.

Also thank you for the advice!

yyz

You welcome! It’s too bad that they don’t allow you to purchase smaller sizes. I’m always hesitant about teavana because at least near me the samples are so sweet they actually make me feel ill. Try to swap it if you can at least then you may be able to sample one or two teas you might like.

Abby Noelle

That’s interesting, Sammie made this for me before and it turned out great, thought she works there, therefore, she scoops it up on the tea. Lol

Crystal O.

I’m gonna try it again then, but would you want my remaining tea afterwards?

I want to hate Teavana. Really, I try. I want to go against the mainstream Starbucks hipsters and rub elbows with the underground tea snob hipsters. But the truth is, Teavana’s tea simply satisfies. So, shoot me.

I love cinnamon… Cinnamon sticks, cinnamon oil, ground cinnamon… It’s kinda my “thang.” I also love hibiscus and fruit in my tea. And I like my tea sweet (sometimes). This tea meets all of my criteria! Potpourri? Maybe. But it sure is some damn good potpourri. I’m in love.

So my taste buds must be completely different than everyone else. I picked this one up a while back I got roped into the fall blends. I’ve been really enjoying rooibos lately since I’ve dropped my daily caffeine intake by about 80%. I really like this one. I’m not sure if I would say that it tastes like spiced apple cider. There are hints of apple, citrus, and hibiscus. I’m not sure why when it comes to herbals there seems to be an abundance of hibiscus. That may very well be the tea blending question of the century. What this tea really reminds of is mulled wine. I find that rooibos reminds me a lot like wine. There is a comfort factor with this. Warming up next to a fire after a hayride or playing in the snow. I think this one is good, but not outstanding. 2 teaspoons 8oz cup is what I have found to be the best proportions.

sherapop

I had the exact same image—of a crackling fire—while drinking this cider infusion! ;-)

Sipdown!

That’s right, I finally finished off the 2 oz that I got at Christmas time. Teavana no longer stocks this tea (I’m guessing it was a holiday-only special), which means that I can’t restock this.

The first few times I brewed this tea, there were huge chunks of fruit and cinnamon sticks. Since this is the bottom of the bag, it’s got fewer chunks, and much more rooibos leaf. I never considered myself a fan of rooibos before, since my previous experiences all made it taste pine-y and resiny, but this brew might just make me a fan, since it’s well balanced out with the cinnamon and fruit that remain.

I steeped this twice, and added a spoonful of honey to each steep. The first steep was still the strongest. Nice dark orange liquor both times, with a very cinnamon-heavy scent.

Long story short: this tea is pretty good. However, I’m glad I have one less blend in my cupboard.

Really not to sure about this one. I have tried brewing it differently and each time I have not been overly happy with it. It is an okay tea. Very strong smelling and taste. I have tried adding Rock Sugar to subdue some of the cinnamon in it. I was hoping it would have a crisper apple taste.

Overall, I feel meh about this tea and probably wouldn’t purchase it again.