Earl Grey White

White Tea
Artificial Flavouring, Marigold Petals, White Tea
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “ I am currently sipping the very last of this tea. Today I need to do some serious cleaning. We are having company this week and so I have to clean the Guest Bedroom/Dump-It-And-Run Room. So,...” Read full tasting note
    hesperjune 168 tasting notes
  • “I’ve tried the traditional Earl Grey teas from a variety of places, but none of them ever “did it” for me. But this one is very different. Sure the bergamot is there, but it isn’t as harsh as it...” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes
  • “Since I had such a bad experience with this tea last time I drank it, I decided to cold brew some of it in the fridge overnight to see if that would make any difference in my opinion on it....” Read full tasting note
    Mrnixonpants 52 tasting notes
  • “This is one I've had kicking around for a while. This time, I kept the water temp super low so as not to burn the crap out of the leaves like I did last time I made it. It's a decent tea, at...” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 302 tasting notes

From Teavana

Traditional Earl Grey is modernized by adding bergamot essence to white tea. White tea is the highest in antioxidants and lowest in caffeine, which makes this a very healthy choice. Studies suggest Bergamot oil acts as a mild anti-depressant. Unique and delicious!

How to Prepare

Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8 ounces of water. Heat water to 175 degrees and steep for 1-2 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients: White tea, bergamot extract and blue cornflower petals.

About Teavana View company

This is really the only tea I’ve been drinking for the last week or so. I really like it, it’s a nice break from my traditional Earl Grey first thing in the morning.

I was really worried about this tea, whenever I open up the bag the smell is super intense! Just the bergamot smell…so it’s not bad, just stronger than I’m used to. I’m pretty sure most of the earl grey’s I’ve had before are bagged, so maybe that’s why.

Thankfully, the taste isnt overpowering, maybe even on the milder side. Unfortunately later infusions are pretty light and the main flavor you get is the ‘bud-dy’ flavor of the white tea. Which I’m not a fan of…naturally sweet tea kinda writes me out.

I need to try again though, this is a backlog from like two weeks ago…

I gave this tea another shot, well, really a 4th try. It’s horrible.

It’s got a good black tea flavour but not enough bergamot for me.

My very first tasting note!

Other Steepsters weren’t kidding about the aftertaste of bergamot. While not something I would want all the time, it was very refreshing first thing in the morning, which is the time I usually have my Earl Grey.

May try with a little almond milk and sugar on future days.

It’s a Sunday afternoon of leisure. This is the first time I actually got a thermometer and steeped my tea for a perfect cup, and it was completely worth it. Very smooth and refreshing, this is my favorite tea right now. Happy sipping!

What I believe to be the bergamot in this tea is a very strong flavor and scent. It is almost overwhelming to the extent I may not drink it. Although I did get it down sip by sip it was a different experience being that it was a less expensive white tea. A mistake made by buying two bergamot flavored teas including a black tea called Earl Grey Creme Black Tea by Teavana.

My point being I guess I should have done a sample taste by going one ingredient at a time to assess the bergamot. It is good, but so-so to me. As a last thought; never oversteep this tea! OMG!

180 °F / 82 °C

A very nice earl grey. I can steep twice, of course the second steep is weaker. Add milk to it and very yummy.

This is a flavorful tea with subtle bergamot. Tasty! Steeped in my french press.

I’m a white tea drinker much more than an Earl Grey drinker, so that’s the perspective I’m coming from with this tea. I liked it a lot. I found the bergamot flavour to be nicely balanced with the flavour of the tea, and overall a very clean sort of taste – white tea with an added zing. I’ll be having this one again.