White Chocolate Peppermint

Food Rooibos Blend
Carob Pieces, Cocoa Nibs, Licorice Root, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Red Rooibos, Vanilla Pieces, White Chocolate
Mint, Rooibos, White Chocolate, Peppermint, Vanilla, Cream, Creamy, Chocolate, Sweet, Butter, Winter Honey
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Teavana

Inspired by decadent Holiday treats, this rooibos mingles rich, creamy white chocolate balanced exquisitely with cocoa bits and the flavor of crushed candy cane pieces. Surprise your senses with a gifted cup of this calorie and caffeine free rooibos perfect for sharing with family and friends.

Richly sweet, creamy white chocolate with a delightful peppermint finish

Ingredients:White chocolate pieces (sugar, cocoa butter, milk powder, dextrose), cocoa kernels, carob pieces, red rooibos, natural and artificial flavor, vanilla pieces, liquorice root. CONTAINS MILK

About Teavana View company

I’m forever looking for the perfect decaf/non-caffeinated tea to drink in the evenings when I’m most in need of a pick-me-up. This tea is actually pretty good, if you’re into dessert teas. The peppermint and chocolate flavors both show through pretty well. It’s the kind of tea you can sniff forever and ever.

The caveat is that being a dessert tea that has lots of bits of actual chocolate in it, this tea does get a little oily. It’s not unpleasantly so, and the oiliness really adds a creamy mouth-feel to it, but it’s something to be aware of if you’re using certain kinds of tea brewers, because you can’t just rinse and repeat with this tea. I brewed it with Teavana’s perfect tea brewer and had to scrub the oily film off the plastic when I was done. I imagine if you’re using Breville’s One-Touch Tea Maker you’re going to have to scrub the inside or run it through with vinegar/citrus after, so maybe easy-to-clean or dishwasher friendly infusers are best with this tea.

Tastes great with a splash of milk and a little bit of sweetener, but is good without.

Flavors: Chocolate, Peppermint, White Chocolate

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

Well, it finally happened. I found Teavana tea I actually liked. Went by the store here to kill time while waiting for the bus. They had Winter teas, but it was only Halloween. It smelled nicely minty, with some chocolate. While I know they sweeten the teas, this one tasted like peppermint bark (similar to the one put out by Ghirardelli). There is apparently the dreaded licorice root in this, but I didn’t really notice.

Flavors: Chocolate, Creamy, Mint

Kyla Covington Abercrombie

I like this one too.

So I Get that teavana has acquired a poor rep in the past for having pushy customer service, but we’re not all like that at all. Some the the garbage that out reps used to use was scripted and pure crop, but I hate when people throw us under the bus with all the other crappy service moments they have had and assume that everyone must be a pushy assholes. Anyways….
I love this tea and I hope everyone else did too because I may have heard a little birdie (my floor manager) say that it will be making a triumphant return even after the rumors said otherwise. Sorry I vented, and thanks for listening.

Flavors: Peppermint, White Chocolate

Anlina

I’ve generally had good experiences with Teavana staff in store, aside from them sometimes not really having accurate info about products. They’re always very enthusiastic but I’ve never experienced pushy.

Frustratingly, email support has been annoyingly useless the couple of times I’ve contacted them.

Steven Cook

Well, I am truly sorry and I hope we can better serve you in the future.

This tea smells like Christmas! Such a rich, sweet peppermint scent…and it tastes ALMOST as good as it smells. I really don’t notice the rooibos flavor at all, just LOTS of peppermint balanced by a bit of sweetness and depth from the white chocolate. The only thing I don’t like about this tea is that it leaves an oily residue in my infuser and mug that necessitates a good scrub with Dawn after drinking. Otherwise, it’s great!

Flavors: Peppermint, White Chocolate

An employee offered me a sample of this tea in store and I was eager to bring some home with me. Seeing as it was a chilly Minnesota winter the warmth of the holiday season resonated with each sip. The ‘chocolate’ was mild and not choking like some cocoa based teas and the peppermint was wonderfully warm. I found that this tea tended to lean towards the ‘thin’ side if steeped too high and the peppermint became a little unsavory.

I would definitely recommend this if they carry it again in the winter months for when you don’t want dense hot chocolate.

Flavors: Butter, Chocolate, Creamy, Peppermint, Winter Honey

I ran out of this a while ago and realized I never wrote a note for it – oops!

I love this one. It needs the tiniest bit of sugar, but once it’s sweetened, it’s fantastic. Very minty with the chocolate adding sweetness.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

T&C TTB Tea # 6 – Backlog May 23

Sorry to everyone for this huge influx of reviews. Problem is that I haven’t found the time to sit down and enter all these, so it ends up being a ton at once.

This tea smelled amazing in the bag. I was sure it would end up being one I would want to yoink out of the TTB to keep for myself. WRONG-O.

Once brewed up it was oily, and had this weird filmy fake taste to it which reminded me of another Teavana tea I’ve had, actually the only other one i’ve ever tried…. Cococaramel Sea Salt. Another one that smells good and tastes nasty.

All I was getting was some kind of chemical/artificial sweetener type of note…. with chocolate mint but not in a natural or delicious way.

bleh.

mj

The chocolate orange sweet spice from Teavana was unpleasantly oily as well. And if you oversteep it, the orange tastes rancid. Ugh

I’m happy to be rid of this tea for now as my son is finishing up the cold brew I made. I thought this would be a good one cold brewed because I don’t have to worry about cleaning up the weird melted chocolate stuff. I like this more than DAVIDs only because my stomach does not get upset when I drink it. I think the only reason why I would buy this again is for my son. Its not horrible just not something I see myself wanting to drink.

I did really like this as a sample when they had it at the Teavana store and I had gotten the holiday box this christmas. I do still like it, it’s got a nice chocolate peppermint taste and the peppermint has a fresh aftertaste that’s good but I don’t like the licorice at all. I don’t like it ever really, not real licorice. I hadn’t noticed at the store but I definitely get it now. To get good flavor for me, I’ve found that this is one of those that you should do the heaping spoons and put a lot – it just tastes better.

As I start steeping this tea I know I am a bit apprehensive about the mint. However, as i put the sample into the teapot and smelled it’s dry essence I knew it wouldn’t be a problem.

Now as I stand here drinking it I do quite like it. It’s like a cup of white mint hot chocolate without all the guiltiness. Though I must admit there is a lingering metal aftertaste thst is bugging me.

8 min or more 2 tsp