White Chocolate Peppermint

Food Rooibos Blend
Carob Pieces, Cocoa Nibs, Licorice Root, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Red Rooibos, Vanilla Pieces, White Chocolate
Sweet, White Chocolate, Chocolate, Peppermint, Vanilla, Butter, Cream, Creamy, Sugar, Mint, Rooibos, Winter Honey
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Teavana

Inspired by decadent Holiday treats, this rooibos mingles rich, creamy white chocolate balanced exquisitely with cocoa bits and the flavor of crushed candy cane pieces. Surprise your senses with a gifted cup of this calorie and caffeine free rooibos perfect for sharing with family and friends.

Richly sweet, creamy white chocolate with a delightful peppermint finish

Ingredients:White chocolate pieces (sugar, cocoa butter, milk powder, dextrose), cocoa kernels, carob pieces, red rooibos, natural and artificial flavor, vanilla pieces, liquorice root. CONTAINS MILK

About Teavana View company

It’s tasty but a little too sweet. I get it..the Roobios has to be masked by the peppermint and white chocolate. Only, the balance is somewhat off. It’s not something I’d drink on a regular basis but perhaps sip slowly as an after dinner dessert drink.

Flavors: Creamy, Peppermint, Sugar, White Chocolate

205 °F / 96 °C 2 min, 30 sec 300 OZ / 8872 ML

Oh dear, why do I always wait so long to review the new teas I am lucky enough to try? I had this one some time ago so I beg your pardon if I am a bit fuzzy on the details. I do remember the creamy white chocolate and strong peppermint completely masking any rooibos flavour that could have shown itself. I enjoyed it for what it was when I was sipping it, it was cozy and comforting, but it isn’t a flavour duo that I would feel compelled to keep in my cupboard. Take that with a grain of salt though, because generally I am not too keen on chocolate mint anything. Only, strangely, Andes mints. :)

Anyway, Thank you kindly JUMP626359 for the sample! :)

Flavors: Peppermint, White Chocolate

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

From the Herbal TTB!
Okay. If there is anything I dislike in the world of tea, it’s the three combinations of things about this tea. 1) it’s a Rooibos 2) it has actual chocolate pieces in it and 3) it’s from Teavana.

And yet.

I am a freak for white chocolate peppermint bark. I scared my family during my visit on Thanksgiving by eating disgusting amounts of it. Like a pound. By myself. And although this tea does not seem to have any physical mint in it, I gulp liked it.

I can’t actually taste the Rooibos in this. Which is fine, whatever. I overleafed on purpose and ignored the film on top. This is like drinking liquid peppermint bark, but without the calories and shame.

I think I may have to hang on to this one for a bit.

Flavors: Mint, Sweet, White Chocolate

3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
carol who

Yeah for no shame! I drink a lot of dessert teas for exactly the same reason!

This was a nice vanilla minty tea. It smells nice and doesn’t have a bite to it probably because of the rooibos.

Flavors: Peppermint, Vanilla

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

Its aight…is what I’d say about this tea. Smells exactly like white chocolate and peppermint. Taste-wise, the peppermint definitely comes through a lot, with a background of herbs.

One sip of this, even though I concentrated it by using only half cup of water, it felt like the flavour was lacking so immediately sought to salvage it with some heated milk. As a tea latte, its much better, the milk helping to bring out the chocolate flavours, as well as mute down the dominance of peppermint.

I’m really tempted to add in some hot chocolate powder…but then that probably defeats the purpose of drinking a tea then :P

Anlina

I totally added cocoa powder to a disappointing cup earlier, to make it more enjoyable.

leaf in hot water

Will do then :) Thank you Anlina for making me feel less guilty! :D

So I mainly shop Davids as I have one in town and its what first got me into tea about a year ago! I had only recently noticed Teavana and clearly don’t have one near me therefore have never purchased. Well when planning a day trip (about 2 months ago now) I made sure to take note that a Teavana was near and would make my way there to give it a shot. I have to say I LOVE that they have so many samples in store (one thing I wish Davids would add… more samples!!!). Anyways!! I smelt it and i tried it and it was amazing! Alittle sweet, however I remember hearing that Teavana likes to overly sweeten their teas in store. Keeping that in mind and the fact that they had a deal at the time to buy 2 tins of their winter collection teas and a steeper, I was sold!

Fast forward holiday craziness and this being hidden in my cupboard I didn’t open the tin until tonight – face palm – So I opened the tin and made myself and my father a cup. Mmmm delicious. Creamy, chocolate-ly and minty. AND not as sweet as I remember from in store. Nothing needs to be added to this tea what so ever! I was quite pleased! BONUS: My father also enjoyed his cup!

I have to make a side note for those who compare this to DT white chocolate frost. I feel there should be no comparison. In my opinion these two teas are both amazing and for their own reasons. This is a dessert like sweet tea, whereas DTs WCF well it hits the sinuses with a bang because of the peppercorn making it more minty and pepper like, not so much dessert like.

Overall verdict: delicious dessert tea, perfect for a sweet tooth craving :)

Flavors: Cream, Creamy, Mint, White Chocolate

I tried a small amount of this in stores today and I’m really not sure where to begin reviewing it.
It was overwhelmingly sweet. I think the must have added like twice as much sugar as they should have so it was very hard to get the flavours to come through. But I did notice the mint. That managed to come through. It was good. I wish the rest had had a chance to really shine instead of getting beaten down and away with the amount of sugar. Oh well… what can you do?
I wish there was a way to order samples from Teavana instead of committing to a full 50g!

Megan Low

I second the sample sizes!

Teeny Tiny TTB Round 2

I only have four more teas to try, and they’re all caffeine-free. Two of them are only single servings anyway, so I’ll probably save those for tomorrow evening unless I feel overly rooibos-inclined tonight. The other two, I need to try tonight so I can send the box off tomorrow! So this is the first of those. Now, I normally stay away from Teavana teas, just because they’re been pretty much exclusively disappointing to me. But I figured I’d give this one a try, since the concept of a white chocolate and peppermint rooibos sounds yummy. So here we are! There are a ton of white and milk chocolate pieces in this blend along with a ton of cacao shells. What there’s very little of is the actual rooibos. Dry scent is really strong peppermint, but I can also smell the chocolate if I keep my nose far enough from the opening of the bag.

The steeped tea smells quite good, it’s a nice balance of minty and creamy (though there’s quite an oil slick on the surface from all that chocolate…). At first I thought there was stevia in this, since it is quite sweet, but I think it’s actually a combination of the melted chocolate and the licorice root. Overall, it’s not bad. It’s a little bit thin for me, but the peppermint flavor is nice and mellow, while the chocolate adds creaminess. I definitely can’t taste the rooibos, but that’s not a surprise for me. Not something I would buy, but not bad!

Flavors: Chocolate, Creamy, Peppermint, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Fjellrev

I hear you, Teavana has been über disappointing, but I’m impressed to hear that this isn’t too bad. Was it oily at all?

Cameron B.

There’s definitely some oil on the top, but I didn’t notice it really in the taste.

Fjellrev

Ah ok, this sounds like it would be similar to David’s White Chocolate Frost, and that one left quite the scum ring haha.

I’m forever looking for the perfect decaf/non-caffeinated tea to drink in the evenings when I’m most in need of a pick-me-up. This tea is actually pretty good, if you’re into dessert teas. The peppermint and chocolate flavors both show through pretty well. It’s the kind of tea you can sniff forever and ever.

The caveat is that being a dessert tea that has lots of bits of actual chocolate in it, this tea does get a little oily. It’s not unpleasantly so, and the oiliness really adds a creamy mouth-feel to it, but it’s something to be aware of if you’re using certain kinds of tea brewers, because you can’t just rinse and repeat with this tea. I brewed it with Teavana’s perfect tea brewer and had to scrub the oily film off the plastic when I was done. I imagine if you’re using Breville’s One-Touch Tea Maker you’re going to have to scrub the inside or run it through with vinegar/citrus after, so maybe easy-to-clean or dishwasher friendly infusers are best with this tea.

Tastes great with a splash of milk and a little bit of sweetener, but is good without.

Flavors: Chocolate, Peppermint, White Chocolate

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

Well, it finally happened. I found Teavana tea I actually liked. Went by the store here to kill time while waiting for the bus. They had Winter teas, but it was only Halloween. It smelled nicely minty, with some chocolate. While I know they sweeten the teas, this one tasted like peppermint bark (similar to the one put out by Ghirardelli). There is apparently the dreaded licorice root in this, but I didn’t really notice.

Flavors: Chocolate, Creamy, Mint