White Chocolate Peppermint

Food Rooibos Blend
Carob Pieces, Cocoa Nibs, Licorice Root, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Red Rooibos, Vanilla Pieces, White Chocolate
Peppermint, White Chocolate, Mint, Sweet, Rooibos, Vanilla, Cream, Creamy, Chocolate, Butter, Winter Honey
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop
205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 15 sec 70 oz / 2065 ml

From Teavana

Inspired by decadent Holiday treats, this rooibos mingles rich, creamy white chocolate balanced exquisitely with cocoa bits and the flavor of crushed candy cane pieces. Surprise your senses with a gifted cup of this calorie and caffeine free rooibos perfect for sharing with family and friends.

Richly sweet, creamy white chocolate with a delightful peppermint finish

Ingredients:White chocolate pieces (sugar, cocoa butter, milk powder, dextrose), cocoa kernels, carob pieces, red rooibos, natural and artificial flavor, vanilla pieces, liquorice root. CONTAINS MILK

About Teavana View company

I did really like this as a sample when they had it at the Teavana store and I had gotten the holiday box this christmas. I do still like it, it’s got a nice chocolate peppermint taste and the peppermint has a fresh aftertaste that’s good but I don’t like the licorice at all. I don’t like it ever really, not real licorice. I hadn’t noticed at the store but I definitely get it now. To get good flavor for me, I’ve found that this is one of those that you should do the heaping spoons and put a lot – it just tastes better.

As I start steeping this tea I know I am a bit apprehensive about the mint. However, as i put the sample into the teapot and smelled it’s dry essence I knew it wouldn’t be a problem.

Now as I stand here drinking it I do quite like it. It’s like a cup of white mint hot chocolate without all the guiltiness. Though I must admit there is a lingering metal aftertaste thst is bugging me.

8 min or more 2 tsp

Have you ever experienced love at first sight? The smell of this tea (both in the canister and as it steeps) inspires that sort of heady, excited infatuation. It is perfect, it gives my senses that reeling, “butterflies in the tummy” feeling. And the best part? The flavor stands up to the delicious smell! The creamy white chocolate notes hit me first, followed by the candy cane pieces that add a sweet freshness that perks up your senses in spite of the lack of caffeine (Note: this tea requires no milk or sweetener). This is a gourmet dessert in a cup without any guilt or impact on your waistline. And the festive candy cane flavor makes it so perfect for the holidays! But I disagree with Teavana’s commentary on one point: I don’t want to share my White Chocolate Peppermint tea with ANYONE. Except maybe BF. ;) My verdict: You will fall head-over-heels for this tea. It’s THAT good. And at approx. $18 for 100 grams, it is worth every cent.

Tea #15 from Considering a new TTB

I was craving something sweet tonight so thought I would pull this out of the box since I love white chocolate. It wasn’t quite sweet enough, but the addition of a little rock sugar helped tremendously. I thought that the chocolate and mint would be the main flavors of this blend so I was a little surprised by how much the licorice root stood out. It does help round out the cup a bit, but I still wish the mint had a stronger presence. Overall I thought it was a pretty enjoyable cup, but next time I’ll add a little extra peppermint to it, I’m sure I have some around here somewhere.

This tea will not be continuing on, it’s perfect for my middle of the night sugar cravings.

Thanks to Traveling Tea and Card Box I have this lovely smelling tea. The flavor didn’t really live up to the aroma. I added a little vanilla stevia. Not a strong chocolate or mint flavor. I’ll try this one again and maybe add a little more leaf. I am glad I didn’t buy a bunch when it was on sale. I don’t enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Still it’s good on a day when they are talking about more snow tonight :(

I received this as part of a Christmas gift from a neighbour, and all of the other teas that came with it have either been sipped down or given away. So here we go:

Packaging/Instructions: It came in the typical red-orange zip-seal bag that Teavana ships all of its teas in.

Dry leaf: It looks like a salt-and-pepper mix of white chocolate chunks, chocolate bits, and rooibos leaves. The rooibos was by far the least visible component. The smell was absolutely heavenly – it smelled like Bailey’s Irish Cream mixed with mint!

Liquor: I steeped this for about 6 minutes, and the result was nothing special. There’s a definite mintinesss in the aftertaste, but nothing much going on in the cup itself. Unfortunately, as the aftertaste lingers, it turns out sour and musty – which I think is due to the white chocolate bits. The liquid is dark reddish-orange like regular rooibos, but there’s not much of that pine-y rooibos flavour that I notice. In general, this tasted quite weak, and I was surprised by the lack of sweetness, considering the white chocolate and carob bits.

Verdict: Unimpressive. I may have underleafed so I’ll try it a second time, but if it still doesn’t work I’ll see about giving it away.

205 °F / 96 °C 6 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 710 OZ / 20997 ML

I drank this head to head with David’s Tea ‘White chocolate frost’, and surprisingly, I liked this better! The chocolate taste and creaminess are much stronger in this tea, making it more harmonious. It does taste strongly of peppermint, but not as strongly.

Overall I really enjoy this tea. The only downside, is the chocolate or something clogs my strainer, and hardens to the side of my cup. It’s gross to clean. Oh, and the oily layer on top of the tea can be offputting.

I did get 2 good steepings out of this!

Boiling 1 tsp

This one is a bit strange. First very hot sip was downright gross. Once it was warm, like the temperature of a good hot chocolate, it was like drinking a light minty chocolate drink! Not bad at all!

I like this tea. It has a nice candy cane flavor and scent. It has one flaw. The flavor gets weak and watery after one cup.

I really like this tea. It’s good plain and even better with milk and sugar. I love creamy sweet chocolate !!