White Chocolate Peppermint

Food Rooibos Blend
Carob Pieces, Cocoa Nibs, Licorice Root, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Red Rooibos, Vanilla Pieces, White Chocolate
Chocolate, Creamy, Peppermint, Sweet, White Chocolate, Mint, Butter, Winter Honey
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Thank you *VariaTEA* for this sample! I sorta jumped on it as soon as I opened the package - it just looked so good! And I thought it was pretty good too. It was maybe slightly lacking next to...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Once my bigger discount kicked in I headed for Teavana to buy a gift and this tea for myself. Of course, I had a salesperson who was just fine with giving me a tin without even asking and...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes
  • “"Now, this is one of our newest teas!" the very enthusiastic saleslady chirped at me, and presumably thrust something under my nose. I was already irritated because unlike at David's, you can't...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “I decided to try this as a latte because I really liked DAVIDs White Chocolate Frost as a latte so I figured this was necessary to get a good comparison between the two. I also hoped that making...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2068 tasting notes

From Teavana

Inspired by decadent Holiday treats, this rooibos mingles rich, creamy white chocolate balanced exquisitely with cocoa bits and the flavor of crushed candy cane pieces. Surprise your senses with a gifted cup of this calorie and caffeine free rooibos perfect for sharing with family and friends.

Richly sweet, creamy white chocolate with a delightful peppermint finish

Ingredients:White chocolate pieces (sugar, cocoa butter, milk powder, dextrose), cocoa kernels, carob pieces, red rooibos, natural and artificial flavor, vanilla pieces, liquorice root. CONTAINS MILK

About Teavana View company

I received this as part of a Christmas gift from a neighbour, and all of the other teas that came with it have either been sipped down or given away. So here we go:

Packaging/Instructions: It came in the typical red-orange zip-seal bag that Teavana ships all of its teas in.

Dry leaf: It looks like a salt-and-pepper mix of white chocolate chunks, chocolate bits, and rooibos leaves. The rooibos was by far the least visible component. The smell was absolutely heavenly – it smelled like Bailey’s Irish Cream mixed with mint!

Liquor: I steeped this for about 6 minutes, and the result was nothing special. There’s a definite mintinesss in the aftertaste, but nothing much going on in the cup itself. Unfortunately, as the aftertaste lingers, it turns out sour and musty – which I think is due to the white chocolate bits. The liquid is dark reddish-orange like regular rooibos, but there’s not much of that pine-y rooibos flavour that I notice. In general, this tasted quite weak, and I was surprised by the lack of sweetness, considering the white chocolate and carob bits.

Verdict: Unimpressive. I may have underleafed so I’ll try it a second time, but if it still doesn’t work I’ll see about giving it away.

205 °F / 96 °C 6 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 710 OZ / 20997 ML

I drank this head to head with David’s Tea ‘White chocolate frost’, and surprisingly, I liked this better! The chocolate taste and creaminess are much stronger in this tea, making it more harmonious. It does taste strongly of peppermint, but not as strongly.

Overall I really enjoy this tea. The only downside, is the chocolate or something clogs my strainer, and hardens to the side of my cup. It’s gross to clean. Oh, and the oily layer on top of the tea can be offputting.

I did get 2 good steepings out of this!

Boiling 1 tsp

This one is a bit strange. First very hot sip was downright gross. Once it was warm, like the temperature of a good hot chocolate, it was like drinking a light minty chocolate drink! Not bad at all!

I like this tea. It has a nice candy cane flavor and scent. It has one flaw. The flavor gets weak and watery after one cup.

I really like this tea. It’s good plain and even better with milk and sugar. I love creamy sweet chocolate !!

This tea is really good. I wasn’t sure what to expect from a chocolate tea, but it’s really great. It tastes the best if you don’t sweeten it with honey, and also it may help to add more tea once you start getting towards the bottom (it gets hard to taste the peppermint after a while).

I tasted this tea and got a 1 oz sample with my Starbucks Rewards while I was at the mall today buying myself some stuff from Bath and Body Works. I had to stop there because they have a candle called “London Calling” which is scented like tea and lemon. It smells like black tea :). Sadly, I’m pretty sure it is discontinued. I am lucky that I found it! I got the last one and it was a buy one get one free sale so I also picked up the “Espresso Bar” candle. Opps, I’m getting a bit carried away, back to the tea!

I steeped this for about 6-7 minutes at boiling. I did the recommended 1.5 teaspoons per 8 oz.

First Sip:
Much weaker than when I had it in the store. But, I was expecting that. They are very generous with their tea in the samples. I am still undecided.

Finishing off the cup:
This tastes very thin. I get the crispness of the peppermint with the slight sweet undertones of the chocolate. The peppermint is the dominating force in this tea. Some sips were a little too heavy on the peppermint. I didn’t add any sugar because of the chocolate, but maybe next time I will in order to recreate the taste in the store.
____________________________________________________________________________

Overall, not too bad. I am disappointed it was not as strong as I thought it should be. I plan to use the rest of this as a late night tea because it wont keep me up. This will also be a dessert tea. Maybe I could have this after a fish course or something, due to the delicate flavor of this.

EDIT:
I changed my mind, this tea has too much peppermint in it. It is hard to drink. Way too “cooling” for a winter drink. Maybe this will work when I am sick or when it is summertime.

LOVE this tea! It is perfect on a chilly day, and really makes it feel like the holidays!

I bought this because my boyfriend liked it! Super good with a bit of cane sugar but, it is too expensive for what it is and is a one-time treat.

I love this tea. Which is surprising because when I got a whiff of it in the canister, I absolutely hated the smell. I still do actually. But the taste is fantastic. I love the peppermint aftertaste. I don’t drink it often by itself, I love adding it to My Morning Mate every morning with some milk and honey.