White Chocolate Peppermint Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Artificial Flavouring, Carob Pieces, Licorice Root, Natural Flavours, Red Rooibos, Vanilla Pieces, White Chocolate Bits
Chocolate, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Pyroxy

• “Picked this one up today. The aroma is so creamy and pepperminty! The flavor is creamy and comforting. Balanced flavors of creamy chocolate and crisp mint. The mouth feel is full and creamy like...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 746 tasting notes
  • “My friend picked this for our super bowl watching tonight. What can I say, the choice between beer or tea was not a difficult one to make in my world. I actually quite fond of this tea, the...” Read full tasting note
    mewakeling 438 tasting notes
  • “YUM. I got a sample of this in the store and it was delicious. Peppermint and white chocolate, just as advertised. The clerk did tell me it was sweetened, so I'm interested to see how it would...” Read full tasting note
    silentrequiem 262 tasting notes
  • “Hubby had this one the other night and it smelled sweet, minty, and yummy from across the couch. I had already made something for the evening, or I would have had some too.. Couldn't waste the...” Read full tasting note
    Suziqzer 108 tasting notes

From Teavana

Inspired by decadent Holiday treats, this rooibos mingles rich, creamy white chocolate balanced exquisitely with cocoa bits and the flavor of crushed candy cane pieces. Surprise your senses with a gifted cup of this calorie and caffeine free rooibos perfect for sharing with family and friends.

Ingredients:White chocolate pieces (sugar, cocoa butter, milk powder, dextrose), cocoa kernels, carob pieces, red rooibos, natural and artificial flavor, vanilla pieces, liquorice root. CONTAINS MILK

About Teavana View company

Picked this one up today. The aroma is so creamy and pepperminty! The flavor is creamy and comforting. Balanced flavors of creamy chocolate and crisp mint. The mouth feel is full and creamy like hot chocolate. Mmmmmm :)

Anna

I keep looking at the picture for that tea and thinking IT’S A CRAB. Crab tea! Ewwurrrrgh!

Dinosara

Haha there is a type of Chinese oolong tea whose name translates to “hairy crab”

I actually quite fond of this tea, the chocolate and peppermint combination is downright decadent and, for once, the licorice root actually helps out the sweetness of the flavours. Though it is technically a rooibos, I don’t taste any of the base tea. There is a ton of chocolate in this tea, enough that I don’t even need to toss in any sugar. It is definitely a dessert tea, and it is merrily helping me offset out frigid northern winter. I am hit or miss with Teavana, but this is a solid tea in my books.

Flavors: Chocolate, Vanilla

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

YUM. I got a sample of this in the store and it was delicious. Peppermint and white chocolate, just as advertised. The clerk did tell me it was sweetened, so I’m interested to see how it would taste without added sugar. Considering the peppermint bits and chocolate, I don’t think it would need sugar…

Hubby had this one the other night and it smelled sweet, minty, and yummy from across the couch. I had already made something for the evening, or I would have had some too.. Couldn’t waste the perfectly good cup I was drinking because his smelled good.

More wintery stuff here this afternoon.. started with my son getting released from school early due to snow drifting across the roads, and a threat of wintery mix and more snow before school was to dismiss. We had ice hitting the windows for awhile, enough that my dog was huddled at my feet scared, & then snow.. don’t want to know how much .. afraid we may end up with yet another day of school canceled this week due to roads that aren’t passable.

Anyway. No better day to have something sweet, warm and minty! Thanks hapatite for sharing this one in our swap (& asking a question today to remind me to try it)… my first Teavana tea, and I must say I really like this one. I know they have some good blends but have read enough about their stores to be a little leary. I would brave it for this one :)

Dry leaf I would think this might be a milk/dark chocolate blend. Steeped this is minty, creamy, white chocolate. I get no rooibos or earthiness. Just Yum. I could find myself reaching for this anytime of the day, but would be especially good on an evening when I wanted something (decaf) with a little richer flavor than many of the rooibos blends I tend to have around.

I did try a second steep which came out ok. Less creamy, I assume because the white bits were used up in the first steep. Still minty, rich, & refreshing.

Flavors: Chocolate

I tried a cup of this when my sister in law and I popped in just to look around. And yes, okay. I liked it. The salesman had to reassure me at least 20 times that no, you can’t taste the rooibos in it. Surprise surprise, he was correct. No rooibos taste, so hooray for that. I do like how naturally sweet the taste is, but the oily sheen on top? Ew. Um. No thank you. This was a fun tea to try out but I won’t be making an investment for the long run.

Catching up on previous cups.
I headed into Teavana on a whim while I was at the mall and decided to look for something to replace hot chocolate for the winter because I don’t handle sugar well and I’m low-carbing. I really like this! I normally prefer milk chocolate to white chocolate, but the white chocolate goes really well with the peppermint and to me it’s a good balance of minty and sweet, though I could do without the oily film it gets on top from the melted chocolate.

Now that I’ve gotten samples of tea from other companies though, I kinda hate the big chunks of “stuff” in this one… I feel like it makes the ounces add up quickly but then doesn’t make very much? Will have to pay more attention to how many cups I get out of it next time. I’ll probably always have a soft spot for this since it’s the one that got me started on my tea journey!

Overall this is a good quality tea and is works well for curving cravings for sweets. The chocolate tastes artificial and when I was drinking it, I could taste and feel the wax from the chocolate.

This is only the second loose-leaf tea that I have ever bought and the first in multiple years.

Leaves: A mixture of small and medium sized pieces, no full leaves. The blend’s scent has a note of chocolate and coffee, but once it was brewed the peppermint took control.

The liquor/infusion is a deep reddish-brown. The brewed tea looks a but oily, especially the longer it sits.

Head Notes: Sweet, gentle, smooth
Body Notes: Tastes like artificial chocolate, nice dessert flavor, peppermint undertone.
Tail Notes: The aftertaste is a dull peppermint with a slight hint of chocolate.

The tea has a creamy coating, after drinking the tea my mouth felt slightly dry, but also refreshed.

I should note that the strong, sweet smell and taste gave me a headache and made me nauseas. I do not plan on drinking this tea again, but I think that others will really enjoy it.

Flavors: Chocolate

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

First off, this is an intensely powerful smell…it’s almost unpalatably sweet smelling – which almost put me off drinking it. I’m glad that I brewed up a cup, though, since it’s actually a pretty tasty tea.

The peppermint definitely stands first and foremost; it’s definitely the centerpiece of the tea. The white chocolate adds a creamy texture and subtle sweetness – there’s really no need to add any sugar to this one at all – and the rooibos is a stable and comforting backdrop for the other flavours.

My one complaint is that this tea gets a little oily and unpleasant as it cools, so you should definitely drink it while it’s hot. Overall it’s a tasty drink, though, and I’m glad I got to try it.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

The aroma was absolutely amazing! I’ve been drinking it cold after steeping a pitcher of it and I added just a little sweetener; so delicious! Not overly peppermint-y, not overly chocolatey…just wonderful!

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I love rooibos. But this wasn’t great for me. It really just tastes like very sweet rooibos, with very little mint flavor. The white chocolate chunks leave a gross residue on anything you make this tea in.