White Chocolate Peppermint Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Artificial Flavouring, Carob Pieces, Licorice Root, Natural Flavours, Red Rooibos, Vanilla Pieces, White Chocolate Bits
Mint, White Chocolate, Peppermint, Red Fruits, Chocolate, Licorice, Sweet, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Pyroxy

• “Picked this one up today. The aroma is so creamy and pepperminty! The flavor is creamy and comforting. Balanced flavors of creamy chocolate and crisp mint. The mouth feel is full and creamy like...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 860 tasting notes
  • “My friend picked this for our super bowl watching tonight. What can I say, the choice between beer or tea was not a difficult one to make in my world. I actually quite fond of this tea, the...” Read full tasting note
    mewakeling 513 tasting notes
  • “YUM. I got a sample of this in the store and it was delicious. Peppermint and white chocolate, just as advertised. The clerk did tell me it was sweetened, so I’m interested to see how it...” Read full tasting note
    silentrequiem 341 tasting notes
  • “We went to Indianapolis yesterday to get my mom’s iphone repaired at the Apple store, her first iphone and would you know it, the only one we’ve come across with a problem. Anyway, we...” Read full tasting note
    Suziqzer 188 tasting notes

From Teavana

Inspired by decadent Holiday treats, this rooibos mingles rich, creamy white chocolate balanced exquisitely with cocoa bits and the flavor of crushed candy cane pieces. Surprise your senses with a gifted cup of this calorie and caffeine free rooibos perfect for sharing with family and friends.

Ingredients:White chocolate pieces (sugar, cocoa butter, milk powder, dextrose), cocoa kernels, carob pieces, red rooibos, natural and artificial flavor, vanilla pieces, liquorice root. CONTAINS MILK

About Teavana View company

Picked this one up today. The aroma is so creamy and pepperminty! The flavor is creamy and comforting. Balanced flavors of creamy chocolate and crisp mint. The mouth feel is full and creamy like hot chocolate. Mmmmmm :)

Anna

I keep looking at the picture for that tea and thinking IT’S A CRAB. Crab tea! Ewwurrrrgh!

Dinosara

Haha there is a type of Chinese oolong tea whose name translates to “hairy crab”

I actually quite fond of this tea, the chocolate and peppermint combination is downright decadent and, for once, the licorice root actually helps out the sweetness of the flavours. Though it is technically a rooibos, I don’t taste any of the base tea. There is a ton of chocolate in this tea, enough that I don’t even need to toss in any sugar. It is definitely a dessert tea, and it is merrily helping me offset out frigid northern winter. I am hit or miss with Teavana, but this is a solid tea in my books.

Flavors: Chocolate, Vanilla

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

YUM. I got a sample of this in the store and it was delicious. Peppermint and white chocolate, just as advertised. The clerk did tell me it was sweetened, so I’m interested to see how it would taste without added sugar. Considering the peppermint bits and chocolate, I don’t think it would need sugar…

We went to Indianapolis yesterday to get my mom’s iphone repaired at the Apple store, her first iphone and would you know it, the only one we’ve come across with a problem. Anyway, we failed to think ahead and make an appointment and ended up with time to spend in the shopping mall.

I succumbed to the 75% off sign in the window Kindleat Teavana and took a tour of the store. Bought a winter themed timolino for my friend @ 50% off… Thinking Christmas next year. Yes, this is the earliest I’ve ever done any Christmas shopping. I decided I would grab a couple of ounces of this and Carmel Almond Amaretti. This one was 50% off as well. Darned if the sals clerk didn’t over pour by two ounces the first try. I told him again how much I wanted and he poured it to within a half an ounce over. If it wasn’t so busy in the store and I didn’t have my Hubby & son waiting I would have made him get it right. I can see why people would stop shopping here if that is a consistent thing. I wish they offered a few things pre-packaged in 2 oz sizes so you can grab and go but then they wouldn’t have the opportunity to over pour.

Anyway, enough about that. I had a cup of this last evening and it was pretty much how I remembered my sample being that I tried last year. Creamy soothing peppermint. A nice evening tea. However I do feel like their blends tend to taste more artificial to me the more I drink tea. Kind of like Starbucks turned coffee into foo-foo drinks as my Hubby would say. Not something I would want every day, but maybe as something different. I guess the two blends I picked up are herbal.. I needed some more evening teas anyway :)

Flavors: Peppermint

I tried a cup of this when my sister in law and I popped in just to look around. And yes, okay. I liked it. The salesman had to reassure me at least 20 times that no, you can’t taste the rooibos in it. Surprise surprise, he was correct. No rooibos taste, so hooray for that. I do like how naturally sweet the taste is, but the oily sheen on top? Ew. Um. No thank you. This was a fun tea to try out but I won’t be making an investment for the long run.

Catching up on previous cups.
I headed into Teavana on a whim while I was at the mall and decided to look for something to replace hot chocolate for the winter because I don’t handle sugar well and I’m low-carbing. I really like this! I normally prefer milk chocolate to white chocolate, but the white chocolate goes really well with the peppermint and to me it’s a good balance of minty and sweet, though I could do without the oily film it gets on top from the melted chocolate.

Now that I’ve gotten samples of tea from other companies though, I kinda hate the big chunks of “stuff” in this one… I feel like it makes the ounces add up quickly but then doesn’t make very much? Will have to pay more attention to how many cups I get out of it next time. I’ll probably always have a soft spot for this since it’s the one that got me started on my tea journey!

Delicious! Especially with milk!
I like getting this one with the highest milk fat milk and iced.
Too bad it only comes out in winter.
Alternative Road: If it’s summer and you have none in your inventory but you crave white chocolate mint, you can go to a Blendz and ask them to make you iced white chocolate milk with a shot of peppermint.

Flavors: Mint, White Chocolate

I didn’t realize it had coconut in it when I sipped the sample in store! Came home, steeped a large cup, and realized it was giving me coconut allergy symptoms. :( Gave it to my sister. If it didn’t have coconut in it I’d rate it much higher.

THE RUNDOWN
[Please note: I recently lived on this tea for a weekend so my review is not happening live, but post-taste.]
1) IIRC the lovely team at Teavana cafes steep this for 4 minutes in the cup. I drank it lightly sweetened with their Perfectea syrup (though I’m not sure of how much was added). I am guessing the measure is 2 tbsp/4 tsp to that 12 oz cup but I could be wrong.
2) Upon first taste, you aren’t overwhelmed by the peppermint, but it’s definitely the first thing you taste. It didn’t even taste like a rooibos at first – but a desser peppermint tea.
3) The redness of the rooibos comes through on the second taste. At this point I don’t taste a ton of white chocolate but that’s okay since white chocolate isn’t really chocolate at all. I love the fullness and sweetness of this tea. They could call it peppermint rooibos and I’d be okay with that.
4) In short, I need to add this tea to my home cupboard (especially since I don’t live next to a Teavana like I was last week). If you’ve never had rooibos, this wouldn’t be my first recommendation, but it would be if you’re a fan of sweeter dessert teas or rooibos teas in general. Try it, you’ll like it.

Flavors: Peppermint, Red Fruits, White Chocolate

Perfect desert tea on a cool winter’s night! Love it warm on it’s own. Mixed it with a a few straight black teas and mixed it with Teavana’s Cocoa mint – love it still! Stocked up since it is seasonal! Very soothing peppermint aftertaste, even when it cools off.

Flavors: Peppermint