White Chocolate Peppermint Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Artificial Flavouring, Carob Pieces, Licorice Root, Natural Flavours, Red Rooibos, Vanilla Pieces, White Chocolate Bits
Chocolate, Peppermint, Licorice, Sweet, White Chocolate, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Pyroxy

• “Picked this one up today. The aroma is so creamy and pepperminty! The flavor is creamy and comforting. Balanced flavors of creamy chocolate and crisp mint. The mouth feel is full and creamy like...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 807 tasting notes
  • “My friend picked this for our super bowl watching tonight. What can I say, the choice between beer or tea was not a difficult one to make in my world. I actually quite fond of this tea, the...” Read full tasting note
    mewakeling 506 tasting notes
  • “YUM. I got a sample of this in the store and it was delicious. Peppermint and white chocolate, just as advertised. The clerk did tell me it was sweetened, so I'm interested to see how it would...” Read full tasting note
    silentrequiem 324 tasting notes
  • “Hubby had this one the other night and it smelled sweet, minty, and yummy from across the couch. I had already made something for the evening, or I would have had some too.. Couldn't waste the...” Read full tasting note
    Suziqzer 180 tasting notes

From Teavana

Inspired by decadent Holiday treats, this rooibos mingles rich, creamy white chocolate balanced exquisitely with cocoa bits and the flavor of crushed candy cane pieces. Surprise your senses with a gifted cup of this calorie and caffeine free rooibos perfect for sharing with family and friends.

Ingredients:White chocolate pieces (sugar, cocoa butter, milk powder, dextrose), cocoa kernels, carob pieces, red rooibos, natural and artificial flavor, vanilla pieces, liquorice root. CONTAINS MILK

About Teavana View company

Picked this one up today. The aroma is so creamy and pepperminty! The flavor is creamy and comforting. Balanced flavors of creamy chocolate and crisp mint. The mouth feel is full and creamy like hot chocolate. Mmmmmm :)

Anna

I keep looking at the picture for that tea and thinking IT’S A CRAB. Crab tea! Ewwurrrrgh!

Dinosara

Haha there is a type of Chinese oolong tea whose name translates to “hairy crab”

I actually quite fond of this tea, the chocolate and peppermint combination is downright decadent and, for once, the licorice root actually helps out the sweetness of the flavours. Though it is technically a rooibos, I don’t taste any of the base tea. There is a ton of chocolate in this tea, enough that I don’t even need to toss in any sugar. It is definitely a dessert tea, and it is merrily helping me offset out frigid northern winter. I am hit or miss with Teavana, but this is a solid tea in my books.

Flavors: Chocolate, Vanilla

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

YUM. I got a sample of this in the store and it was delicious. Peppermint and white chocolate, just as advertised. The clerk did tell me it was sweetened, so I’m interested to see how it would taste without added sugar. Considering the peppermint bits and chocolate, I don’t think it would need sugar…

Hubby had this one the other night and it smelled sweet, minty, and yummy from across the couch. I had already made something for the evening, or I would have had some too.. Couldn’t waste the perfectly good cup I was drinking because his smelled good.

More wintery stuff here this afternoon.. started with my son getting released from school early due to snow drifting across the roads, and a threat of wintery mix and more snow before school was to dismiss. We had ice hitting the windows for awhile, enough that my dog was huddled at my feet scared, & then snow.. don’t want to know how much .. afraid we may end up with yet another day of school canceled this week due to roads that aren’t passable.

Anyway. No better day to have something sweet, warm and minty! Thanks hapatite for sharing this one in our swap (& asking a question today to remind me to try it)… my first Teavana tea, and I must say I really like this one. I know they have some good blends but have read enough about their stores to be a little leary. I would brave it for this one :)

Dry leaf I would think this might be a milk/dark chocolate blend. Steeped this is minty, creamy, white chocolate. I get no rooibos or earthiness. Just Yum. I could find myself reaching for this anytime of the day, but would be especially good on an evening when I wanted something (decaf) with a little richer flavor than many of the rooibos blends I tend to have around.

I did try a second steep which came out ok. Less creamy, I assume because the white bits were used up in the first steep. Still minty, rich, & refreshing.

Flavors: Chocolate

I tried a cup of this when my sister in law and I popped in just to look around. And yes, okay. I liked it. The salesman had to reassure me at least 20 times that no, you can’t taste the rooibos in it. Surprise surprise, he was correct. No rooibos taste, so hooray for that. I do like how naturally sweet the taste is, but the oily sheen on top? Ew. Um. No thank you. This was a fun tea to try out but I won’t be making an investment for the long run.

Catching up on previous cups.
I headed into Teavana on a whim while I was at the mall and decided to look for something to replace hot chocolate for the winter because I don’t handle sugar well and I’m low-carbing. I really like this! I normally prefer milk chocolate to white chocolate, but the white chocolate goes really well with the peppermint and to me it’s a good balance of minty and sweet, though I could do without the oily film it gets on top from the melted chocolate.

Now that I’ve gotten samples of tea from other companies though, I kinda hate the big chunks of “stuff” in this one… I feel like it makes the ounces add up quickly but then doesn’t make very much? Will have to pay more attention to how many cups I get out of it next time. I’ll probably always have a soft spot for this since it’s the one that got me started on my tea journey!

This is the third tea that I tried from Teavana and my first Rooibos. I added an extra teaspoon of tea and the usual one and a half teaspoons of sugar before pouring my tea in my mug. The smell and taste is peppermint with a hint of chocolate. The peppermint does overcome the chocolate taste but you can still taste that hint of chocolate in the background. I really enjoyed this and didn’t think I would!

Flavors: Chocolate, Peppermint

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I love this tea! I’m so glad my local Teavana was sampling this tea because it has become my go-to evening tea. It is the perfect combination of chocolate and peppermint and helps to satisfy my evening chocolate cravings. Perfect for a cold winter night, it’s wonderful that this rich, flavorful tea is also caffeine-free!

Flavors: Chocolate, Peppermint

I’ve been so stuck on Spiced Apple Cider, that I completely ignored the fact that this was in my cupboard; but since the weather has recently turned cold, I thought I’d take this out. This is last year’s batch and I’ve never even tried it (bad tea drinker/buyer)! Anyway, it’s a nice mix of chocolate and peppermint (with a little sweetener added). And it reminds me of a rooibos version of read my lips. Skinny Peppermint Mocha Lattes are my favorite drinks during the season and this is a nice tea version! Should have cracked it out sooner!

I’m a little embarrassed to mention how much of this I managed to stock, but the 2oz bag is pretty paltry so I don’t think I’ll have any issues finishing… though maybe not in time for the next Heavenly sale…

Boiling 8 min or more 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Delicious!! Being new to tea, I tried this blend with little hopes of enjoying it, so I was taken aback when it swept me off into a comforting, delightful experience. Lovely for winter!