Peach Momotaro Artisan Tea

Flowering Herbal White Blend
Flowers, Peach
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

2 Images

• “A friend is visiting and so I decided to use this opportunity to sip on a pretty blooming tea while we study. This way, I don't need to drink a whole pot of tea on my own and we have something nice...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1356 tasting notes
  • “I took my daughter to Raleigh today and we went to the spice shop and two tea shops and....get this....I didn't buy ANY tea. Don't clap. I am ashamed because one order came yesterday and three...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1769 tasting notes
  • “I brewed this one hot, and then iced it. Turned out wonderful. Very light, thirst quenching. I added just a smidge of sugar to sweeten it up, but it was good without sweetener as well. It was...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 709 tasting notes
  • “First and foremost, I received this as a gift for my birthday - thanks *Madison*! The blooming buds of tea are delicately tied into small bundles. The smell of the dried tea is enchanting -...” Read full tasting note
    cinoi1551 243 tasting notes

From Teavana

This hand-tied, peach scented artisan tea is composed of delicate white tea leaves and blooms beautifully into a chrysanthemum and jasmine laden bouquet upon steeping. Not only is the tea delicious, it is a wonderful process to watch! Good for multiple infusions.

How to Prepare
Use 1 ball per 8 ounces of water. Heat water to 180 degrees and steep for 3-4 minutes. Ball will bloom as it steeps, so we recommend a glass teapot. 2oz of tea equals 6-8 balls of Peach Momotaro.

Ingredients:
White tea with Chrysanthemum and Jasmine flowers.

About Teavana View company

Blooming teas — lovely to look at, but hit or miss on flavor. Such is the case with this Peach Momotaro blooming tea from Teavana.

Like most white teas, it is very delicate and pale in color. The peach flavor makes it even lighter and adds a bit of fruitiness, but with a sharp tangy stringent aftertaste. The tea certainly has a peach aroma and taste, but the aftertaste ruined it for me.

It’s definitely a tea more conducive to drinking straight as opposed to sipping.

Not only is the scent of this tea impressively overpowering (in the best way possible), but it takes very little of your preferred sweetener to bring it up to full fruit flavor. Fantastic!

It looks pretty, and smells absolutely delightful. Seriously. I couldn’t keep my nose out of the dry tea, it just smells amazing.

The tea itself was sadly, VERY weak. Very little tea taste came out at all, just mild hints of peach and floral notes. It’s still very pleasant, kind of like walking through a garden. It smells good and looks pretty, but that’s really all it has going for it.

iTea

Just a mention about white teas; white teas are mild to very mild and usually the notes that are hinted the most are floral as I have found.

On another note I am intrigued about green teas which I find to be subtle to strong with a mix of flavors such as Black Berry Mojito green tea by Teavana.

This is a very delicate tea that is simply delicious. Beautiful when bloomed, the taste is soft and true; no synthetic peach flavour here. It tastes as good as it smells.

Finally got around to tasting this iced. I used the cold brew method. However, I left the tea to flower in the container too long, so it tasted bitter. The scent is sweet. It reminds me of the peach gummies I sometimes buy at the Asian market.

Iced

The Peach Momotaro was over-all pretty good.

It’s soft peach undertone was very good, along with a few floral notes.
I am planning on reusing each ball 2-4 times, I’ll see how that works out.
This tea is over all great, except for one drawback: some would say it’s taste was artificial. It’s smell is just like peach candy, which is great for some, but bad for others. It isn’t too artificial though, so you shouldn’t worry about that much. I would have updated the tea information about the caffeine, but I am a new user and don’t have access. It has (according to Teavana’s website) 16 – 25 mg, so not too much, but still a little.

Sipdown (180/182)!

For the longest time, I felt really bad about taking the easy sipdown on this one just because it was the last of the bloom teas provided by VariaTEA, but recently I picked up some new ones from a local store, so I can bring on the Sipdown!

VariaTEA warned to not use boiling water with this one, so I patiently waited for the water in my mason jar to cool down because cannon balling the bloom into the water. It’s opened up fully now, and I must say I think I was expecting a little more. There’s not really much colour to this one, and I’m a bit disappointed. I think the DT blooms from VariaTEA spoiled me; they were breathtakingly beautiful and nothing had compared since.

But at least this one delivers on taste; it’s gentle, and light and peachy in the best sort of way. I mean, I’m a little fickle about peach in anything – but this feels spot on for me right now. I only filled the mason jar halfway because I wasn’t sure if I’d be feeling this one, but now I wish I’d done the full 25 oz. – I could definitely, happily drink more of this tonight.

So yeah, I’d maybe want a few more blooms of this (no more than three), but for taste not show.

VariaTEA

This resteeps well a bunch of times if you haven’t tossed it yet.

Roswell Strange

I still have it; not sure if I’ll resteep though – it’s sort of breaking apart in the mason jar. I think some of the strings that keep it together must be broken.

This was my first blooming tea and I was truly delighted!. This smooth, delicate white tea released a flavorful, yet subtle peach finish; and the marigold flower unfolded beautifully. I steeped the tea ball three times without losing flavor or strength. Looking forward to having this again … I think I may even dream about this tea tonight!

180 °F / 82 °C 5 min, 0 sec 32 OZ / 940 ML

This is the tea that kept bringing me back to Teavana and eventually inspired me to apply there. I already knew I liked white tea but this was my first experience with blooming.

Unexpectedly had a whole heap of people over Friday night. Remembered I had 3 of these gifted from a friend, so pulled out the as-yet-unused glass teapot and made tea for everyone.

Luckily we also had wine and beer and other tea. It’s a lot of fun to watch bloom (of course), but the taste is pretty subtle and nothing particularly interesting at that.

I’m excited people got to try
Paris – Harney & Sons
Lover’s Leap – Harney & Sons
Ombrelle de Papier – Camellia sinensis
Amazing Vanilla – Teaopia

…and who knows what else, to be honest.

Still, awesome! Hurray tea!!!