Peach Momotaro Artisan Tea

Flowering Herbal White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Marigold Petals, White Tea
Jasmine, Peach, Flowers
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

2 Images

From Teavana

This hand-tied, peach scented artisan tea is composed of delicate white tea leaves and blooms beautifully into a chrysanthemum and jasmine laden bouquet upon steeping. Not only is the tea delicious, it is a wonderful process to watch! Good for multiple infusions.

How to Prepare
Use 1 ball per 8 ounces of water. Heat water to 180 degrees and steep for 3-4 minutes. Ball will bloom as it steeps, so we recommend a glass teapot. 2oz of tea equals 6-8 balls of Peach Momotaro.

Ingredients:
White tea with Chrysanthemum and Jasmine flowers.

About Teavana View company

Blooming teas — lovely to look at, but hit or miss on flavor. Such is the case with this Peach Momotaro blooming tea from Teavana.

Like most white teas, it is very delicate and pale in color. The peach flavor makes it even lighter and adds a bit of fruitiness, but with a sharp tangy stringent aftertaste. The tea certainly has a peach aroma and taste, but the aftertaste ruined it for me.

It’s definitely a tea more conducive to drinking straight as opposed to sipping.

Not only is the scent of this tea impressively overpowering (in the best way possible), but it takes very little of your preferred sweetener to bring it up to full fruit flavor. Fantastic!

It looks pretty, and smells absolutely delightful. Seriously. I couldn’t keep my nose out of the dry tea, it just smells amazing.

The tea itself was sadly, VERY weak. Very little tea taste came out at all, just mild hints of peach and floral notes. It’s still very pleasant, kind of like walking through a garden. It smells good and looks pretty, but that’s really all it has going for it.

iTea

Just a mention about white teas; white teas are mild to very mild and usually the notes that are hinted the most are floral as I have found.

On another note I am intrigued about green teas which I find to be subtle to strong with a mix of flavors such as Black Berry Mojito green tea by Teavana.

This is a very delicate tea that is simply delicious. Beautiful when bloomed, the taste is soft and true; no synthetic peach flavour here. It tastes as good as it smells.

Finally got around to tasting this iced. I used the cold brew method. However, I left the tea to flower in the container too long, so it tasted bitter. The scent is sweet. It reminds me of the peach gummies I sometimes buy at the Asian market.

Iced

I really like this one. It is a bit pricey, but you can get multiple brews out of it. Even though it is a white tea, the flavour is pretty strong. I like it better than the Peach Tranquility that I found to be too weak in flavour. It is very nice to brew in a glass teapot. Just brewing up this tea makes me feel relaxed. I would recommend it.

Delicious peach fragrance, with a lovely fruity taste to match. Delicate, soft and smooth without any bitterness.

This was served to me a few days ago at a family gathering, and I must say that I didn’t expect such a lovely and delicate taste and enjoyed the cup very much.
Unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to see the ‘bloomed’ tea in the pot though.

Of course, the bloomed ball is spectacular to look at. Light jasmine and some artificial peach flavour round out the taste of the tea. I don’t get any bitterness, and it’s a cool tea to have here and there, but a bit gimmicky as well. I wouldn’t say no to a pot, but I don’t think I’d buy more for myself.

1 ball + 360 ml at 175F+ 1tsp sugar
1st steep: 3 min // 2nd steep: 4 min

I’m not the biggest fan of blooming teas since so often they’re made for looking at instead of tasting good…but this one was a pleasant surprise. The white base is simple and quiet, the peach overlay is mild – it’s a tea that’s made for quaffing more than sipping, but the flavours are comfortable enough.

Not sure I’d buy more of it, but it’s not going to be painful to finish out the ones I have left in my stash.

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 360 ML

It appears that the recipe for Teavana Peach Momotaro Artisan Tea has changed. At the website as of today, the ingredients are: white tea, marigold blossoms, artificial flavoring.

So no jasmine or chrysanthemum, unless of course they are artificial. Hmmm…..

Well, I was sure that this was a scented green tea with a similar flavor and scent profile to Teavivre Peach Jasmine Pearls! I was convinced that this was green tea. Well, it certainly looks like green tea!!!!! It certainly tastes like green tea!!!!!! It certainly smells like jasmine and peach-scented green tea!!!!!

The pot was pretty pleasant. The bloom was not as gorgeous as the ones depicted in marketing materials, but I’m sure that they infuse about a hundred of the balls and select the winner among those for photo ops. All of the dried balls, I must say, are very attractive. They are also rather large. The smallest in my bunch (which I used today) weighed 6.5 grams; the largest a whopping 8.7 grams!

The liquor was pale peachy green—just like scented green tea—and the flavor was smooth and likable. The scent of the dried tea is somewhat overwhelmingly peachy, but I find that the jasmine comes through much more in the brew. The marigold in the middle is quite pretty. Overall, Peach Momotaro is a fun and enjoyable experience, though I will not restock because peach is not really my thing.

second infusion: better than the first—more jasmine, less peach

third infusion: better still—more tea flavor, by now less jasmine and much less peach…

Flavors: Jasmine, Peach