Peach Momotaro Artisan Tea

Flowering Herbal White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Marigold Petals, White Tea
Citrus Zest, Flowers, Jasmine, Peach
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

2 Images

From Teavana

This hand-tied, peach scented artisan tea is composed of delicate white tea leaves and blooms beautifully into a chrysanthemum and jasmine laden bouquet upon steeping. Not only is the tea delicious, it is a wonderful process to watch! Good for multiple infusions.

How to Prepare
Use 1 ball per 8 ounces of water. Heat water to 180 degrees and steep for 3-4 minutes. Ball will bloom as it steeps, so we recommend a glass teapot. 2oz of tea equals 6-8 balls of Peach Momotaro.

White tea with Chrysanthemum and Jasmine flowers.

About Teavana View company

It appears that the recipe for Teavana Peach Momotaro Artisan Tea has changed. At the website as of today, the ingredients are: white tea, marigold blossoms, artificial flavoring.

So no jasmine or chrysanthemum, unless of course they are artificial. Hmmm…..

Well, I was sure that this was a scented green tea with a similar flavor and scent profile to Teavivre Peach Jasmine Pearls! I was convinced that this was green tea. Well, it certainly looks like green tea!!!!! It certainly tastes like green tea!!!!!! It certainly smells like jasmine and peach-scented green tea!!!!!

The pot was pretty pleasant. The bloom was not as gorgeous as the ones depicted in marketing materials, but I’m sure that they infuse about a hundred of the balls and select the winner among those for photo ops. All of the dried balls, I must say, are very attractive. They are also rather large. The smallest in my bunch (which I used today) weighed 6.5 grams; the largest a whopping 8.7 grams!

The liquor was pale peachy green—just like scented green tea—and the flavor was smooth and likable. The scent of the dried tea is somewhat overwhelmingly peachy, but I find that the jasmine comes through much more in the brew. The marigold in the middle is quite pretty. Overall, Peach Momotaro is a fun and enjoyable experience, though I will not restock because peach is not really my thing.

second infusion: better than the first—more jasmine, less peach

third infusion: better still—more tea flavor, by now less jasmine and much less peach…

Flavors: Jasmine, Peach

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 0 sec 7 g 17 OZ / 502 ML

I’m not sure whether to add this to my cupboard or not since I only “bought” 4 – hooray Starbucks Rewards! Anyway, I put 1 in a pyrex measuring cup since I’m super fancy like that and let it steep for just over 3 minutes. It’s cool, don’t get me wrong, but it wasn’t as exciting as I was expecting (although, I watched a few blooms on youtube so I don’t know why I was expecting some magical event).

The taste unsweetened is pleasant enough, very faintly peach, and a nice smooth white base. With sweetener, the peach pops a bit more.

I don’t know who on earth has the funds to buy this regularly. It’s yummy, but there are quite a number of peach teas on the market which are just as good. As the sales associate at my local Teavana was preparing this for me and trying to figure out how to get to 1oz (the manager on duty said she would accept up to 1.4 depending on the size of the blooms – that was quite nice – of course I wound up with 1.1), another customer walked in and said, “that smells nice” and promptly bought $48 worth. Who does that?!

I may “rebuy” with another Starbucks Reward or if this went on super mega sale, but otherwise, it’s not really special enough for me to pay full price.

(Note: I have not yet resteeped this one, we’ll see how that fares)

I got 4 steeps total, pretty decent.

$48 for “That smells nice” seems crazy!!

I got about 4 resteeps out of mine. Hope you are able to do the same.

Sipdown (180/182)!

For the longest time, I felt really bad about taking the easy sipdown on this one just because it was the last of the bloom teas provided by VariaTEA, but recently I picked up some new ones from a local store, so I can bring on the Sipdown!

VariaTEA warned to not use boiling water with this one, so I patiently waited for the water in my mason jar to cool down because cannon balling the bloom into the water. It’s opened up fully now, and I must say I think I was expecting a little more. There’s not really much colour to this one, and I’m a bit disappointed. I think the DT blooms from VariaTEA spoiled me; they were breathtakingly beautiful and nothing had compared since.

But at least this one delivers on taste; it’s gentle, and light and peachy in the best sort of way. I mean, I’m a little fickle about peach in anything – but this feels spot on for me right now. I only filled the mason jar halfway because I wasn’t sure if I’d be feeling this one, but now I wish I’d done the full 25 oz. – I could definitely, happily drink more of this tonight.

So yeah, I’d maybe want a few more blooms of this (no more than three), but for taste not show.

Flavors: Flowers, Peach

This resteeps well a bunch of times if you haven’t tossed it yet.

Roswell Strange

I still have it; not sure if I’ll resteep though – it’s sort of breaking apart in the mason jar. I think some of the strings that keep it together must be broken.

This was my first blooming tea and I was truly delighted!. This smooth, delicate white tea released a flavorful, yet subtle peach finish; and the marigold flower unfolded beautifully. I steeped the tea ball three times without losing flavor or strength. Looking forward to having this again … I think I may even dream about this tea tonight!

Flavors: Flowers, Peach

180 °F / 82 °C 5 min, 0 sec 32 OZ / 940 ML

This is the tea that kept bringing me back to Teavana and eventually inspired me to apply there. I already knew I liked white tea but this was my first experience with blooming.

Unexpectedly had a whole heap of people over Friday night. Remembered I had 3 of these gifted from a friend, so pulled out the as-yet-unused glass teapot and made tea for everyone.

Luckily we also had wine and beer and other tea. It’s a lot of fun to watch bloom (of course), but the taste is pretty subtle and nothing particularly interesting at that.

I’m excited people got to try
Paris – Harney & Sons
Lover’s Leap – Harney & Sons
Ombrelle de Papier – Camellia sinensis
Amazing Vanilla – Teaopia

…and who knows what else, to be honest.

Still, awesome! Hurray tea!!!

My water thermometer didn’t come in the mail yet so I couldn’t measure the water temperature. I just put the ball in a mason jar and brewed water from my keurig. I think it smells a lot better and peach-ier than it tastes, I wish the taste was more peachy too. I added one packet of white sugar and it was still a little bitter for me.

I’ll try again when I get my thermometer and brew it at the right temperature next time

i have an appreciation for art. a tea that blooms after a hand tying, that began as a flower and evolves into a peach… that is a description of art. also of effort. the question becomes, is this artistic creation worthy of its exorbitant price?
the peach is delicate, as are the jasmine and chrysanthemum…. but the price made me wonder: do i love this tea? no. not enough for what i paid, and i am a huge white tea and jasmine fan. yes, i understand that white teas can only be harvested 2 days a year, thus a premium price can be exacted… still, i do not love this tea.
i have other blooming teas, green versus white, that had a taste just as subtle and developped into a wild cup of colourful blooms.
not a bad tea, also no where near my top 10.

This tea is good BECAUSE I like the sole peach flavour to it. However, because its a white tea the flavour is not as strong as I would like. The peach blooms from David’s Tea, which use a black tea instead of white, has a flavour that stands out more. Teavana’s is good because you can make them in an 8oz tumbler rather than having to make a whole pot of tea.

*Tried the tea with nothing added. A little German rock sugar or honey might enhance the flavour, which I will try in my next cup and update my review from there.

180 °F / 82 °C