Peach Momotaro Artisan Tea

Flowering Herbal White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Marigold Petals, White Tea
Jasmine, Peach, Flowers
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

2 Images

• “A friend is visiting and so I decided to use this opportunity to sip on a pretty blooming tea while we study. This way, I don't need to drink a whole pot of tea on my own and we have something nice...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1877 tasting notes
  • “I took my daughter to Raleigh today and we went to the spice shop and two tea shops and....get this....I didn't buy ANY tea. Don't clap. I am ashamed because one order came yesterday and three...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1812 tasting notes
  • “I brewed this one hot, and then iced it. Turned out wonderful. Very light, thirst quenching. I added just a smidge of sugar to sweeten it up, but it was good without sweetener as well. It was...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 762 tasting notes
  • “First and foremost, I received this as a gift for my birthday - thanks *Madison*! The blooming buds of tea are delicately tied into small bundles. The smell of the dried tea is enchanting -...” Read full tasting note
    cinoi1551 243 tasting notes

From Teavana

This hand-tied, peach scented artisan tea is composed of delicate white tea leaves and blooms beautifully into a chrysanthemum and jasmine laden bouquet upon steeping. Not only is the tea delicious, it is a wonderful process to watch! Good for multiple infusions.

How to Prepare
Use 1 ball per 8 ounces of water. Heat water to 180 degrees and steep for 3-4 minutes. Ball will bloom as it steeps, so we recommend a glass teapot. 2oz of tea equals 6-8 balls of Peach Momotaro.

Ingredients:
White tea with Chrysanthemum and Jasmine flowers.

About Teavana View company

This is the tea that kept bringing me back to Teavana and eventually inspired me to apply there. I already knew I liked white tea but this was my first experience with blooming.

Unexpectedly had a whole heap of people over Friday night. Remembered I had 3 of these gifted from a friend, so pulled out the as-yet-unused glass teapot and made tea for everyone.

Luckily we also had wine and beer and other tea. It’s a lot of fun to watch bloom (of course), but the taste is pretty subtle and nothing particularly interesting at that.

I’m excited people got to try
Paris – Harney & Sons
Lover’s Leap – Harney & Sons
Ombrelle de Papier – Camellia sinensis
Amazing Vanilla – Teaopia

…and who knows what else, to be honest.

Still, awesome! Hurray tea!!!

My water thermometer didn’t come in the mail yet so I couldn’t measure the water temperature. I just put the ball in a mason jar and brewed water from my keurig. I think it smells a lot better and peach-ier than it tastes, I wish the taste was more peachy too. I added one packet of white sugar and it was still a little bitter for me.

I’ll try again when I get my thermometer and brew it at the right temperature next time

i have an appreciation for art. a tea that blooms after a hand tying, that began as a flower and evolves into a peach… that is a description of art. also of effort. the question becomes, is this artistic creation worthy of its exorbitant price?
the peach is delicate, as are the jasmine and chrysanthemum…. but the price made me wonder: do i love this tea? no. not enough for what i paid, and i am a huge white tea and jasmine fan. yes, i understand that white teas can only be harvested 2 days a year, thus a premium price can be exacted… still, i do not love this tea.
i have other blooming teas, green versus white, that had a taste just as subtle and developped into a wild cup of colourful blooms.
not a bad tea, also no where near my top 10.

This tea is good BECAUSE I like the sole peach flavour to it. However, because its a white tea the flavour is not as strong as I would like. The peach blooms from David’s Tea, which use a black tea instead of white, has a flavour that stands out more. Teavana’s is good because you can make them in an 8oz tumbler rather than having to make a whole pot of tea.

*Tried the tea with nothing added. A little German rock sugar or honey might enhance the flavour, which I will try in my next cup and update my review from there.

180 °F / 82 °C

Love this tea! Not only is it gorgeous in my glass tumbler, but it tastes great, too. It’s been my favorite sample at Teavana, but has always been too expensive for my budget. With the Heavenly Sale I was able to get some 75% off and I’m glad I did!

I did notice, however, that once it gets cooled down, it has a bitter taste. That may just be me though.

This tea has a great peachy smell, but I just can’t get the same flavor out of it.

I steeped it about 4 minutes. The bloom was completely unfurled and the middle part is kind of unsettling to I look at…

The flavor itself is more of a jasmine/floral taste. I added some extra White Peach from Adagio I had into the pot, and that helped kick up the peach flavor. Second and third steepings have more or less the same light floral taste and still smell good.

This isn’t a bad tea, but I just expect more for something so expensive! I’ve had other blooming teas that were full of flavor and prettier. Definitely would never buy this at full price.

DELICIOUS (with some honey to give it some body). I’m not usually a fan of the lighter teas, but this is an awesome little gem. It’s sweet without being overly so and really does taste like a good peach. Also, the bloom is gorgeous

Got this along wiht the peach blooming tea at Teavana. Delicious. Elegant. Flavorful.

The blooming teas (and all Teavana teas, really) are a bit on the pricey side. That said, I’ve found each serving of leaves yields multiple (5 or 6) servings per the steeping instructions. So it’s really worthwhile in the end. :)