Spice of Life

Fruit White Blend
Caramel, Chestnut, Cinnamon, Coconut, Cream, Lemon Zest, Nuts, Orange Zest, Peppercorn, Tobacco, Vanilla, Berries, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by omgwtfbgd

• “This. tea. it has been haunting me for quite some time now. I'm lowering the score because it has become pretty obvious that I really just don't enjoy it. This tea really needs balance. There just...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 537 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *Jessica* for swapping teas with me and sending me this! This tea has a typical Teavana mixture of a smaller amount of white tea mixed with several other fruit and nut bits. The...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes
  • “Mmm, tasty! It smells like a cookie! The taste is nice and subtle. Coriander really goes well with citrus-y flavors. It almost tastes like there's vanilla in there. It's so smooth and nutty! ...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 512 tasting notes
  • “For me, the sweet nuttiness of this tea is more prominent than the citrus notes (which are there). The coriander is an interesting addition. It is drinkable, but not terribly inspiring to me. I...” Read full tasting note
    Ellenkh27 74 tasting notes

From Teavana

Enliven your senses with a robustly-spiced white tea filled with zesty orange, coriander, pistachios, almonds and a pinch of red pepper.

Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 175-180 degrees and steep tea for 1-1.5 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients: White tea, orange peel, almonds, pistachio nuts, coriander, and red pepper flakes. Contains nuts.

About Teavana View company

Previously, I have combined this with sweet oolong revolution or maharaja chai oolong for an iced tea, but never had tried it hot as a stand alone. It worked well as a mixer, but I especially enjoyed it by itself. I used 2 tsp/8 oz and added some stevia. The predominate flavor was delicate orange. I would buy again to drink in the evening. It exceeded my expectations.

Quite appropriate to start off the first real day of snow with this holiday white tea.

After a morning filled with shoveling snow, a cup of this and two Advil magically whisk my backaches away.

mmmmmmmmmm.. love the orange peel. This one’s a keeper.

This tea smells better than it tastes. It was one of the first teas I bought when I started getting into loose leaf (thanks to Teavana, whose friendly employees brightened my mood after an idiot mall cop had dampened it, lured me in one memorable day in December 2011). When the Teavana employees did their famous “waving the lid to send the aroma your way” tactic, the smell was like heaven. The best comparison aroma I could think of was french toast with syrup.

Sadly, it did not taste as good as it smelled (and I could hold it under my nose for hours). It was pretty plain without additions. Rock sugar helped bring out some flavor that matched the aroma, and a little bit of half-and-half helped more. However, there are other cream-and-sugar teas that I enjoy more and the disparity between taste and smell made this one just too disappointing. I bought this two or three times, but I won’t be buying it again. Actually, I think I gave up on this one when I discovered Teavana’s Toasted Nut Brulee, which actually tasted as good as this one smelled.

I had this tea to go at my local Teavana store, since I don’t have a favorite tea, I usually just ask the person who is assisting me “what’s your favorite tea?” This was the first time I was rather disappointed. She said the spice of life, with a little bit of milk or half and half. So I asked her to make me a cup. The flavor was rather odd. It was definitely something you either loved from the first sip, or grew accustomed to over the years. It was very sweet and creamy. The smell was very obnoxious to me, if I didn’t take a couple hours to drink it, I probably would have gotten a migraine. I love tea with a burning passion, but this is definitely not one of my favorites.

Not my favorite tea – very light flavor, and very easily made bitter if over steeped; however, it smells WONDERFUL: nutty and almond-y and sweet, a little like marzipan, but a bit floral and herbal as well. Worked well for me with a half teaspoon of honey.

This is definitely my favorite flavored white tea from Teavana! It’s pretty good on its own, but has a strange almond aftertaste if it’s not a little sweetened. There’s a distinct, nutty, spicy aroma and it infuses to be a golden color. It blends really well with Honeybush Vanilla or Zingiber Ginger Coconut. Great as an iced tea!

So many lightly-flavored teas are floral, and so many “spiced” teas are heavy. Spice of Life hits right in that tiny niche that is neither. It’s a very very light flavor, and while it’s not spicy in the “cinnamon/cloves/pepper” sense, it’s definitely a savory, nutty blend. It’s excellent by itself, though it mixes well with rooibos or honeybush for a somewhat heavier, earthier taste. It’s a good change of pace from white teas that are either fruity or straight up, and is subtle enough to keep the white tea flavor noticeable rather than knocking it out with a chai suckerpunch.

This is the strangest tasting tea. Someone described it to me as being similar to Cola, and I can almost see the comparison. Somehow it becomes so much more than the sum of its parts. I can’t really describe it but it’s not at all unpleasant, and the spice is noticeable without being overly strong. Unusual.

This is an ok white tea. It does smell enticing and tastes good, but I just don’t want to go out and find more now that its gone. I think the aroma tricks you since the tea doesn’t quite live up to it. One reviewer said it seems out of balance; well, I agree as there seems to be an element missing or out of balance.

I thought this would be a nice change to most of my white teas, to have something with a littl kick. Instead the flavor seems “watered down” when brewed.

2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML