Cacao Mint Black

Cocoa, Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by Haridasi

• “This really hits the spot today. I needed a faux dessert to satisfy my sweet tooth - and this was the answer! I love the hint of vanilla and hazelnut, the powerful chocolate kick and the mint...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “Want to make this actually taste like chocolate? Add a teaspoon of hot cocoa mix. Awww yeah. You don't lose out on the mint either, but I bet a mint hot cocoa mix would be even better! Sadly I...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “i actually hit a sale!! i am renowned for missing them, lol. exams begin next week. sounds like i may be having surgery done on at least one eye as early as tomorrow..... remember how i...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 334 tasting notes
  • “Amazingly enough, this is the first Teavana blend I've tried! I think I have a few other samples floating around, but I got this in my envelop from *Amanada* which was just packed with goodies. I...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes

From Teavana

The ultimate after dinner tea! Comprised of black tea with rich hazelnut and cocoa pieces make this a chocolate-lovers delight. But the smooth minty undertone really sets it apart from other teas. Add our natural Rock Sugar and a splash of cream for a decadent treat!

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8 ounces of water. Heat water until just before boiling (195 degrees) and steep for 3-4 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:
Black tea, cocoa bits, hazelnut pieces and peppermint leaves. This tea contains nuts.

About Teavana View company

I’m a sucker for a mint chocolate flavour in all food and this tea doesn’t disappoint. It is more minty than chocolate and does tend to run bitter if over steeped but if done right or even under it is like a mini dessert. I find milk and a sweetener improves it even more. I’ve tried both rock sugar and agave nectar and been pleased with both additions. Add in some plain biscuits for dipping and you have a nice treat for yourself and ,dare I say it, a replacement for a chocolate bar.

First cup of “fall.” Weather is chilly. Tea is delicious. I add a bit of honey and that sweetens the sips.

This is a good, standard flavoured black. It doesn’t taste artificial, and is naturally sweet. Not something I drink often but it really hits the spot on days where I need something a little uplifting.

Great! I’m a sucker for tea with a hint of chocolate taste and this is just the one for that. Sweet tooth satisfying, always keep this one stoked in the cupboard.

Flavors: Cocoa

This one is in my cupboard thanks to my Hubby taking me on my first trip to Teavana.

I love mint chocolate teas so this one was going home with me to try.

Dry this smells very chocolately with a mint that reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Steeped it is much the same. I don’t get any of the black base tea, but mainly chocolate and mint (like the flavor of ice cream mint, not peppermint or spearmint). If you’re up for a really rich, thick mint chocolate tea, this is it. I added a bit of raw sugar to bring out the dessert quality in this blend.

I’m finding Teavana’s blends to be much like what you get at Starbuck’s when you order a flavored beverage… Overly flavored & overly rich. I can see wanting something like that once and awhile, but not an everyday thing… at least for me. When I get something at Starbuck’s, if it’s a mocha, I always ask for half the mocha or I can’t taste anything but chocolate… why have something coffee flavored if you can’t taste the coffee?

Steeped as a latte & sweetened, I could see this blend tasting much like a mint chocolate chip hot chocolate. Saying that… I like this one, but only when I’m looking for something like a true dessert. chc

Flavors: Chocolate

I find that chilling this tea and adding the tiniest bit of almond extract and brown sugar brings out the mint and makes it smooth, refreshing, and lessons the bitterness of it. It does make the chocolate and hazelnut become more of a rich undertone than prominent feature, though, so if you’re looking for something especially sweet, I wouldn’t recommend chilling this.

An absolutely amazing way to end a cold day. I always use 2 teaspoons of the teavana rock sugar in my steep because it really helps bring out that rich cocoa flavour. In combination with the strong yet not-over powering peppermint (which you can taste through the resteeps a single teaspoon is good for), this tea always calms me down and takes me back to a simpler time before bed.

When I opened my tea pot to pour it into my teacup, literally, the only thing I could say was “OH. EM. GEE.” I kid you not. I was speechless. The beautiful chocolate-minty aroma went all the way down my throat and the sensation was beautiful, warm and comforting.

This chocolate- mint blend, has the strongest minty taste of any other similar tea I’ve tried. The mint really takes over the tea, and the chocolate taste is there, but very slight. Apparently there are candied hazelnuts in there too, but I can’t taste it at all. I guess the sugar in them stops the tea from being bitter without making it too sweet (barely sweet at all), which is great; no one likes bitter tea anyways.

thought i was drinking mint hot chocolate

I remember this being a much bigger favorite of mine, but I just made another cup after about a month or two and it’s kind of lost its appeal. Almost watery, I can’t taste the mint very strongly. The chocolate comes on as a very light aftertaste, hardly noticeable, and leaves an unpleasant aftertaste. It needs more sugar. Very bland and dull, it’s fallen out of my top picks.