Cacao Mint Black

Bulk, Loose Leaf
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela

2 Images

• “This really hits the spot today. I needed a faux dessert to satisfy my sweet tooth - and this was the answer! I love the hint of vanilla and hazelnut, the powerful chocolate kick and the mint...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “Want to make this actually taste like chocolate? Add a teaspoon of hot cocoa mix. Awww yeah. You don't lose out on the mint either, but I bet a mint hot cocoa mix would be even better! Sadly I...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1196 tasting notes
  • “i actually hit a sale!! i am renowned for missing them, lol. exams begin next week. sounds like i may be having surgery done on at least one eye as early as tomorrow..... remember how i...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 376 tasting notes
  • “Amazingly enough, this is the first Teavana blend I've tried! I think I have a few other samples floating around, but I got this in my envelop from *Amanada* which was just packed with goodies. I...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes

From Teavana

Decadent childhood confections echo in this dessert-inspired concoction of mint chocolate wonder. Refreshing peppermint compliments creamy cocoa pieces for a rich treat to enjoy day or night.

Full-bodied cocoa infusion with minty undertones.

About Teavana View company

When I opened my tea pot to pour it into my teacup, literally, the only thing I could say was “OH. EM. GEE.” I kid you not. I was speechless. The beautiful chocolate-minty aroma went all the way down my throat and the sensation was beautiful, warm and comforting.

This chocolate- mint blend, has the strongest minty taste of any other similar tea I’ve tried. The mint really takes over the tea, and the chocolate taste is there, but very slight. Apparently there are candied hazelnuts in there too, but I can’t taste it at all. I guess the sugar in them stops the tea from being bitter without making it too sweet (barely sweet at all), which is great; no one likes bitter tea anyways.

thought i was drinking mint hot chocolate

I remember this being a much bigger favorite of mine, but I just made another cup after about a month or two and it’s kind of lost its appeal. Almost watery, I can’t taste the mint very strongly. The chocolate comes on as a very light aftertaste, hardly noticeable, and leaves an unpleasant aftertaste. It needs more sugar. Very bland and dull, it’s fallen out of my top picks.

Good as a dessert tea. Add some cream and sugar. Yum!

Normally, I don"t like the taste of chocolate in tea. It seems like it belongs more to coffee. However, this sorta works. The mint smell is stronger than the taste, but it’s there. I added a spoon of sugar and some half and half, and it seemed to need both, though the cream less so. I’m not sure if this one will grow on me or end up vaguely irksome…

Minty tea drinkers, rejoice! This tea is like having a York Peppermint Pattie in a cup; I drink this every winter, especially at Christmastime!

The mint definitely overpowers the other flavours, but it’s good. Just don’t expect a chocolate flavour.

I love this tea! Cacao Mint Black tea has to be one of my most favorite teas of all time! I love the refreshing, cool taste of the mint. It honestly feels like you are drinking mint hot chocolate! This tea is excellent if you are trying to reduce your sugar intake or just sweets. I’ve already bought this tea twice so that’s actually very good because I only buy tea twice or more if I really love the tea. Only brew this tea for three minutes like it states or else the tea will be too bitter! Get yourself to Teavana and get it! :)

At first it tasted too much like coffee, but once I got the steeping time just right and the temperature perfect it was really quite good. I could see this replacing the morning joe for a lot of people.

The aroma by the way is simple amazing. The only reason I’m not fully satisfied is because it’s not my favorite taste. I prefer Teavanas more fruitier teas with a little bit of honey, but as for as black tea goes this is pretty good.

Tea is simply a delivery device for some yummy cocoa flavor and a whole LOT of mint. Eye-opening, mouth-tingling, “just chewed a handful of fresh leaves” mint. I don’t do milk or sugar in a normal brew, but this would be fine with either or both.

Delicious if in the mood for it, but really not about the tea. One-and-done, a second steep produces a very watery cup with greatly diminished flavors.