Cacao Mint Black

Cocoa, Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by Haridasi

• “This really hits the spot today. I needed a faux dessert to satisfy my sweet tooth - and this was the answer! I love the hint of vanilla and hazelnut, the powerful chocolate kick and the mint...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “Want to make this actually taste like chocolate? Add a teaspoon of hot cocoa mix. Awww yeah. You don't lose out on the mint either, but I bet a mint hot cocoa mix would be even better! Sadly I...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “i actually hit a sale!! i am renowned for missing them, lol. exams begin next week. sounds like i may be having surgery done on at least one eye as early as tomorrow..... remember how i...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 334 tasting notes
  • “Amazingly enough, this is the first Teavana blend I've tried! I think I have a few other samples floating around, but I got this in my envelop from *Amanada* which was just packed with goodies. I...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes

From Teavana

The ultimate after dinner tea! Comprised of black tea with rich hazelnut and cocoa pieces make this a chocolate-lovers delight. But the smooth minty undertone really sets it apart from other teas. Add our natural Rock Sugar and a splash of cream for a decadent treat!

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8 ounces of water. Heat water until just before boiling (195 degrees) and steep for 3-4 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:
Black tea, cocoa bits, hazelnut pieces and peppermint leaves. This tea contains nuts.

About Teavana View company

Good as a dessert tea. Add some cream and sugar. Yum!

Normally, I don"t like the taste of chocolate in tea. It seems like it belongs more to coffee. However, this sorta works. The mint smell is stronger than the taste, but it’s there. I added a spoon of sugar and some half and half, and it seemed to need both, though the cream less so. I’m not sure if this one will grow on me or end up vaguely irksome…

Minty tea drinkers, rejoice! This tea is like having a York Peppermint Pattie in a cup; I drink this every winter, especially at Christmastime!

The mint definitely overpowers the other flavours, but it’s good. Just don’t expect a chocolate flavour.

I love this tea! Cacao Mint Black tea has to be one of my most favorite teas of all time! I love the refreshing, cool taste of the mint. It honestly feels like you are drinking mint hot chocolate! This tea is excellent if you are trying to reduce your sugar intake or just sweets. I’ve already bought this tea twice so that’s actually very good because I only buy tea twice or more if I really love the tea. Only brew this tea for three minutes like it states or else the tea will be too bitter! Get yourself to Teavana and get it! :)

At first it tasted too much like coffee, but once I got the steeping time just right and the temperature perfect it was really quite good. I could see this replacing the morning joe for a lot of people.

The aroma by the way is simple amazing. The only reason I’m not fully satisfied is because it’s not my favorite taste. I prefer Teavanas more fruitier teas with a little bit of honey, but as for as black tea goes this is pretty good.

Tea is simply a delivery device for some yummy cocoa flavor and a whole LOT of mint. Eye-opening, mouth-tingling, “just chewed a handful of fresh leaves” mint. I don’t do milk or sugar in a normal brew, but this would be fine with either or both.

Delicious if in the mood for it, but really not about the tea. One-and-done, a second steep produces a very watery cup with greatly diminished flavors.

I just ordered a few different teas from Teavana — it’s my first foray into loose-leaf tea. Decided to start with this one. I was pretty much won over by the smell! It smells freaking amaaaazing. I added a little bit of the rock sugar to the leaves as they were steeping, and then put a splash of milk in the mug with the tea — it tastes just as good as it smells. Like a very decadent desert, without the guilt. This will definitely be a repurchase, as I can see it becoming an evening ritual for me.

This is a very delicious tea, with a really nice balance between the mint and the chocolate, with a bit of a nutty flavor as well. So far, I haven’t added sugar when I’ve had it, as I don’t like adding things to my tea unless it’s iced! But I do think it would benefit from a little bit of sugar, so I will try this next time. Definitely a tea I would recommend. :)

Good, but not great. The mint is a bit overpowering and it tastes bitter at times.