Cacao Mint Black

Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela

2 Images

From Teavana

Decadent childhood confections echo in this dessert-inspired concoction of mint chocolate wonder. Refreshing peppermint compliments creamy cocoa pieces for a rich treat to enjoy day or night.

Full-bodied cocoa infusion with minty undertones.

About Teavana View company

This one is in my cupboard thanks to my Hubby taking me on my first trip to Teavana.

I love mint chocolate teas so this one was going home with me to try.

Dry this smells very chocolately with a mint that reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Steeped it is much the same. I don’t get any of the black base tea, but mainly chocolate and mint (like the flavor of ice cream mint, not peppermint or spearmint). If you’re up for a really rich, thick mint chocolate tea, this is it. I added a bit of raw sugar to bring out the dessert quality in this blend.

I’m finding Teavana’s blends to be much like what you get at Starbuck’s when you order a flavored beverage… Overly flavored & overly rich. I can see wanting something like that once and awhile, but not an everyday thing… at least for me. When I get something at Starbuck’s, if it’s a mocha, I always ask for half the mocha or I can’t taste anything but chocolate… why have something coffee flavored if you can’t taste the coffee?

Steeped as a latte & sweetened, I could see this blend tasting much like a mint chocolate chip hot chocolate. Saying that… I like this one, but only when I’m looking for something like a true dessert. chc

Flavors: Chocolate

I find that chilling this tea and adding the tiniest bit of almond extract and brown sugar brings out the mint and makes it smooth, refreshing, and lessons the bitterness of it. It does make the chocolate and hazelnut become more of a rich undertone than prominent feature, though, so if you’re looking for something especially sweet, I wouldn’t recommend chilling this.

An absolutely amazing way to end a cold day. I always use 2 teaspoons of the teavana rock sugar in my steep because it really helps bring out that rich cocoa flavour. In combination with the strong yet not-over powering peppermint (which you can taste through the resteeps a single teaspoon is good for), this tea always calms me down and takes me back to a simpler time before bed.

When I opened my tea pot to pour it into my teacup, literally, the only thing I could say was “OH. EM. GEE.” I kid you not. I was speechless. The beautiful chocolate-minty aroma went all the way down my throat and the sensation was beautiful, warm and comforting.

This chocolate- mint blend, has the strongest minty taste of any other similar tea I’ve tried. The mint really takes over the tea, and the chocolate taste is there, but very slight. Apparently there are candied hazelnuts in there too, but I can’t taste it at all. I guess the sugar in them stops the tea from being bitter without making it too sweet (barely sweet at all), which is great; no one likes bitter tea anyways.

thought i was drinking mint hot chocolate

I remember this being a much bigger favorite of mine, but I just made another cup after about a month or two and it’s kind of lost its appeal. Almost watery, I can’t taste the mint very strongly. The chocolate comes on as a very light aftertaste, hardly noticeable, and leaves an unpleasant aftertaste. It needs more sugar. Very bland and dull, it’s fallen out of my top picks.

Good as a dessert tea. Add some cream and sugar. Yum!

Normally, I don"t like the taste of chocolate in tea. It seems like it belongs more to coffee. However, this sorta works. The mint smell is stronger than the taste, but it’s there. I added a spoon of sugar and some half and half, and it seemed to need both, though the cream less so. I’m not sure if this one will grow on me or end up vaguely irksome…

Minty tea drinkers, rejoice! This tea is like having a York Peppermint Pattie in a cup; I drink this every winter, especially at Christmastime!

The mint definitely overpowers the other flavours, but it’s good. Just don’t expect a chocolate flavour.