Cacao Mint Black

Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela

2 Images

From Teavana

Decadent childhood confections echo in this dessert-inspired concoction of mint chocolate wonder. Refreshing peppermint compliments creamy cocoa pieces for a rich treat to enjoy day or night.

Full-bodied cocoa infusion with minty undertones.

About Teavana View company

I love this tea! Cacao Mint Black tea has to be one of my most favorite teas of all time! I love the refreshing, cool taste of the mint. It honestly feels like you are drinking mint hot chocolate! This tea is excellent if you are trying to reduce your sugar intake or just sweets. I’ve already bought this tea twice so that’s actually very good because I only buy tea twice or more if I really love the tea. Only brew this tea for three minutes like it states or else the tea will be too bitter! Get yourself to Teavana and get it! :)

At first it tasted too much like coffee, but once I got the steeping time just right and the temperature perfect it was really quite good. I could see this replacing the morning joe for a lot of people.

The aroma by the way is simple amazing. The only reason I’m not fully satisfied is because it’s not my favorite taste. I prefer Teavanas more fruitier teas with a little bit of honey, but as for as black tea goes this is pretty good.

Tea is simply a delivery device for some yummy cocoa flavor and a whole LOT of mint. Eye-opening, mouth-tingling, “just chewed a handful of fresh leaves” mint. I don’t do milk or sugar in a normal brew, but this would be fine with either or both.

Delicious if in the mood for it, but really not about the tea. One-and-done, a second steep produces a very watery cup with greatly diminished flavors.

I just ordered a few different teas from Teavana — it’s my first foray into loose-leaf tea. Decided to start with this one. I was pretty much won over by the smell! It smells freaking amaaaazing. I added a little bit of the rock sugar to the leaves as they were steeping, and then put a splash of milk in the mug with the tea — it tastes just as good as it smells. Like a very decadent desert, without the guilt. This will definitely be a repurchase, as I can see it becoming an evening ritual for me.

This is a very delicious tea, with a really nice balance between the mint and the chocolate, with a bit of a nutty flavor as well. So far, I haven’t added sugar when I’ve had it, as I don’t like adding things to my tea unless it’s iced! But I do think it would benefit from a little bit of sugar, so I will try this next time. Definitely a tea I would recommend. :)

Good, but not great. The mint is a bit overpowering and it tastes bitter at times.

Smells of chocolate and mint. Tastes faintly of chocolate with an interesting minty aftertaste.

I ordered this tea at my local Teavana’s tea bar. It is very good. The peppermint is a little stronger than I would like, but it’s a great tea if you have a stuffy head!

Pretty good tea. Like Teavana says, it’s wonderful for after dinner. It really goes well with their rock sugar, and, while it doesn’t have such a prevalent taste of tea itself, the mint and chocolate really blend well. The leaves smell pretty sickening, but don’t let that fool you. Once brewed, it tastes quite good!

My mom, who is not a tea drinker, came over for dinner and I prepared this for dessert. It was my first time trying this. It is very yummy and makes a great after dinner treat. Not a strong tea taste but the chocolate and mint are quite prominent which I liked.