Honeybush Vanilla

Herbal Honeybush Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Daniel Scott

• “I had the last of this tea last night. I couldn't do it. I just couldn't order from Teavana again when there are so many wonderful tea companies out there. It just felt wrong, knowing what I...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “This is hard to review... I generally don't love honeybush, there is something floral almost soapy in the aftertaste that makes me generally avoid them. On the other hand, I am obsessed with...” Read full tasting note
    Ninavampi 158 tasting notes
  • “*Ninavampi* sent this to me, and I'm _certain_ I've tried it hot at some point, but as it doesn't appear that I wrote about it at the time, I honestly can't remember what I thought of it. I can't...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1187 tasting notes
  • “This came as a Christmas gift from my brother with 3 other Teavana teas, I am tempted to tell him I don't need any more tea but it's hard to pass up tea gifts, isn't it? I'm not a big expert on...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2160 tasting notes

From Teavana

This close relative of South African Rooibos, is a delicious tisane with a rich honey overtone, flavored with genuine Madagascar vanilla beans. Rich in vitamins and Antioxidants.

How to Prepare
Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 208 degrees and steep for 5-6 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.
Ingredients:
Red (fermented) honeybush tea with Vanilla pieces.

About Teavana View company

I bought this to mix with Matevana. I’m glad I did because it’s really sweet and adds a nice smooth vanilla and honey mix to the earthy chocolate of Matevana. I have not tried it on it’s own but have given it to my husband when he wasn’t well and his throat hurt.

Maybe it’s me, but this tea was WAY to strong. While the taste of the tea wasn’t terrible the aroma was to much for me and took away from enjoying it at all. Maybe I’ll try it again sometime… :-/

I don’t care for any of the Rooibos teas or it’s cousins. I don’t know why, but the aftertaste just doesn’t sit well with me. My wife loves it though. This is her favorite.

threewhales

I know what you mean about the after taste of Rooibos teas. I quickly gave this one to my daughter…like your wife, she loved it.

honeybush is great way to help get over a cold. it’s an expectorant so it helps break up the gross mucus in lungs when you’re sick. it mixes well with a lot of flavors…not that i couldn’t drink it by itself all day…

The name, smell, and first taste is amazing with this tea. But the aftertaste is not at all what I expected. It tastes like you downed a spoonful of pepper-without the throat reaction of choking and almost dying xD
So for that alone I wouldn’t recommend the tea.
If you don’t mind the aftertaste too much then it has a good flavor. I’ll still drink the rest of what I have. Just won’t be my first choice.

My first Honeybush. Not bad. Very smooth and sweet, the vanilla very complimentary and not too sweet. Perfect for my bedtime herbal.

Very sweet, very smooth. I’ve only mixed it with other teas so far and it blends really well with almost everything.

I wanted so much to drink a good vanilla tea today, so I made myself a cup of Honeybush vanilla. But yet, as I took the first sip, I remembered why I love/hate this tea….

It is a good tea if you’re looking for a sweet vanilla tea. But… I always finish my cup with a little “sickness” because I find it too sweet for me. The flavor is great, but the “honey” aftertaste is a little bit overwhelming. This is why I always struggle when I drink this tea: love the vanilla/hate the sweetness. Maybe if I blend it with something else the sugary taste will be more subtle.

Note: DO NOT add more sugar to this tea (unless you want to fell sick).

This is really yummy. Smells delicious and it is sweet with touches of honey. I do not taste the vanilla as much but it does smell like vanilla. I really enjoy it, especially as my desert tea after dinner.

To be honest I think rooisbos is one of my least favorite tea types; not to say they’re all awful or anything, but I tend to dislike them more than the rest. That being said, I’m not particularly a huge fan of this tea when brewed by itself; somebody had mentioned honeybush giving a fairly soapy aftertaste, and I definitely agree with that. It does, however, serve me very well for mixing! I combine it with some dark spicy chais to sweeten em up!