Honeybush Vanilla

Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

3 Images

From Teavana

Smooth and rich honey-vanilla infusion

Indulge in dessert-inspired sweetness that brings out the wild honeybush and tames it into a creamy confection. The South African honeybush is grown in the wild and carries soft, clear honey tones when it’s blended with sweet vanilla beans. The result is a smooth, warm and friendly, creamy dessert tisane.

Ingredients: Honeybush, artificial flavoring, vanilla pieces, marigold petals

How To Steep
3 Perfectea Scoops – Scoop loose leaf tea into infuser.
205°F – Heat fresh (preferably filtered) water.
8 fl oz – Pour water over sachet in cup.
5 min – Stay close to this steep time for optimal flavor.
1 steep

Blends Well With
Golden Monkey Black Tea

About Teavana View company

I bought this to mix with Matevana. I’m glad I did because it’s really sweet and adds a nice smooth vanilla and honey mix to the earthy chocolate of Matevana. I have not tried it on it’s own but have given it to my husband when he wasn’t well and his throat hurt.

Maybe it’s me, but this tea was WAY to strong. While the taste of the tea wasn’t terrible the aroma was to much for me and took away from enjoying it at all. Maybe I’ll try it again sometime… :-/

I don’t care for any of the Rooibos teas or it’s cousins. I don’t know why, but the aftertaste just doesn’t sit well with me. My wife loves it though. This is her favorite.

I know what you mean about the after taste of Rooibos teas. I quickly gave this one to my daughter…like your wife, she loved it.

honeybush is great way to help get over a cold. it’s an expectorant so it helps break up the gross mucus in lungs when you’re sick. it mixes well with a lot of flavors…not that i couldn’t drink it by itself all day…

This was the one that started it all…the very first loose leaf tea I ever tried! And although I’ve sampled many others since, it remains a staple in my collection. It has a delightfully sweet, smooth vanilla flavor with a nice bit of depth to it. And since it’s caffeine-free, it makes the perfect comforting bedtime blend. One of my favorites!

Flavors: Vanilla

Yummmmmmmmm. I’ve got this one at home as well. The creamy texture makes it a great dessert or after-dinner tea – and a guilt-free one, too!

Herbal TTB – This is better than I expected. I have been looking for a vanilla tea for a sort of night time dessert. I don’t know if I would buy this one myself but it’s worth finishing the cup. The vanilla is extremely faint to me but it

2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

What a beautiful tea, both in terms of aroma and taste. It had a wonderful strong vanilla aroma, and an equally strong vanilla taste (augmented by creamer). I let mine steep for 7+ minutes; there was no bitter aftertaste; very good round flavor. (And I was glad to have a good evening tea option – no caffeine, but I didn’t miss it with this tea.)

Flavors: Vanilla

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Perhaps I’m a total novice with an unsophisticated palate that cannot yet detect any nuances in notes or whatever, but I find this blend to be very, very, bland. Yes, there is a whiff of sweet vanilla but taste wise, I only detect my milk and sugar. I think that it needs body to give it some richness and some gourmand goodness.

The name, smell, and first taste is amazing with this tea. But the aftertaste is not at all what I expected. It tastes like you downed a spoonful of pepper-without the throat reaction of choking and almost dying xD
So for that alone I wouldn’t recommend the tea.
If you don’t mind the aftertaste too much then it has a good flavor. I’ll still drink the rest of what I have. Just won’t be my first choice.

My first Honeybush. Not bad. Very smooth and sweet, the vanilla very complimentary and not too sweet. Perfect for my bedtime herbal.