Qi'Lan Fireside Oolong

Oolong Tea
Oolong Tea Leaves
Edit tea info Last updated by fancyteacup

• “Sipdown! I forgot I was almost out of this one. Good news for me, because my cupboard is crazy full right now. (And I have two new tea orders on the way!) This is a roasted oolong from Teavana....” Read full tasting note
    KatBender 59 tasting notes
  • “This oolong is brilliant! It really does inspire thoughts of camping fireside drinking a nice hot tea after a long chilly hike. For me, teas that can bring back specific memories are invaluable....” Read full tasting note
    Soloracer24 52 tasting notes
  • “As I said a few days ago, I was curious to see how this one would taste as a cold brew. I steeped about a tablespoon in my water bottle in the fridge for eight hours. The cold brew turned out to be...” Read full tasting note
    jennkay19 488 tasting notes
  • “I like this tea. It has a nice scent and flavor. The scent is almost like chocolate. It has a mild roasted flavor. It looks like it will resteep tons of times with good flavor.” Read full tasting note
    fancyteacup 38 tasting notes

From Teavana

As gorgeous as the changing leaves in autumn, this lustrous, deep green oolong tea transforms into a golden amber infusion worthy of the season. Soft, fragrant, and delicately balanced with lingering toasted sweetness, this exquisite artisanal oolong is perfect to enjoy fireside or outside – under crisp blue skies.

About Teavana View company

This is a roasted oolong from Teavana. The roast on this is lighter than their discontinued Auspicious Ayame oolong. The taste is more floral and vegetal, even a little buttery, and not quite as dry. Personally, I enjoy both of them, but I would say that this one is more balanced in flavor. A solid choice for people who like oolongs, especially cozy roasted ones. I wish I’d had a little more leaf in my tin, though, because this particular steep was on the weak side. But I still enjoyed my last cup! Not sure yet if I’ll restock… It’s very drinkable, but it’s expensive, and I want to try more roasted oolongs from other companies and see how they compare.

This tea is very fragrant, has a toasty, roasted, woodsy scent. The taste isn’t bland, but not as strong; still satisfying. An all around delicious tea!

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Tea junkie

I love teavana. Even though that puts me in the minority but can’t help it. I’ll be looking to get me a cup of this next time I am at the mall to try it out myself.

Christopher F.

Same here. I don’t particularly care for the brand label,it’s the tea leaf inside that I care about what it tastes like to me, if Teavana sells a tea that I like, then I I will definitely buy it. I am sure that I got the better end of our last swap, so if you want I can send you a small sample of mine.

As I said a few days ago, I was curious to see how this one would taste as a cold brew. I steeped about a tablespoon in my water bottle in the fridge for eight hours. The cold brew turned out to be much different than I expected! It was roasty, of course, but more like a roasted grain flavor. Actually, I recently took a tour of the Sam Adams brewery where we were able to taste a bunch of their malts. This cold brew reminded me a lot of the caramel malts that we sampled at the brewery. It also has some bitterness that actually kind of works with the flavors rather than being distracting or off-putting.

Overall, I would say that I’m glad that I tried cold brewing because it was quite a surprising experiment. However, I prefer this tea hot over cold in terms of a smoother flavor. Also, with how overpriced this tea is, it seems like cold brews would just use up too much leaf too quickly. I only dared try it because I’m still using the free ounce I have from my Starbucks reward.

Floral but not perfumey, complex… not as much toastiness as I expected, but enough to keep it interesting. Probably a bit overpriced, but definitely good quality and very enjoyable.