Marshmallow Macaron

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Coconut, Hibiscus, Marshmallow, Papaya, Raisins, Rose Buds And Petals
Candy, Fruity, Orange, Passion Fruits, Rose, Sweet, Tart, Coconut, Marshmallow, Cream, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Hello.Kiki

• “Extra Note: Trying 4 tsp and 2 sugar cubes, added 1 afterward- the tea was a bit more bitter, but in a nice way- the taste of some island fruits/tartness though did overcome most of the sweet...” Read full tasting note
    belle_reve 15 tasting notes
  • “From the *Herbal TTB*... Okay, smells like marshmallow...hmmm. I did not look at the ingredients list until I went to log this, and then I noted *Flyawaybirdie's* comments about the papaya....” Read full tasting note
    morvaltur 1680 tasting notes
  • “From the Herbal TTB I probably should have looked at the ingredients first. Yikes. I'm not even sure which ingredients it was, but something in here just turned me off immensely. But really, why...” Read full tasting note
    flyawaybirdie 83 tasting notes
  • “One reviewer nailed it when they noted this tea tastes like angel food cake! That is precisely the taste I get, angel food cake with fresh fruit drizzled across the top! Stepping aside from my...” Read full tasting note
    Bgrinham 58 tasting notes

From Teavana

Fragrant as a Parisian patisserie on a Sunday morning, this sweet, baby pink infusion is an herbal cup ideal for cloud gazing the day away. Fluffy mini marshmallows float on a dreamy cloud of apple, raisin, sweet papaya, and toasted coconut swirls. True confection perfection.

About Teavana View company

Extra Note:

Trying 4 tsp and 2 sugar cubes, added 1 afterward- the tea was a bit more bitter, but in a nice way- the taste of some island fruits/tartness though did overcome most of the sweet tones. This time it tasted more like the Wild Orange Blossoms herbal tea (by Teavana). Maybe less steeping time? Maybe I’m letting too much of the bottom of the tealeaves (in the infuser) seep into the cup?

Any advice?

Flavors: Fruity, Sweet, Tart

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Sarsonator

Maybe less tea? I haven’t tried this one, but 4 tsp seems like quite a bit. If I’m not happy with a tea due to bitterness, I generally use a little less tea and lower the temp, and see how that works for me. :)

From the Herbal TTB

Okay, smells like marshmallow…hmmm. I did not look at the ingredients list until I went to log this, and then I noted Flyawaybirdie’s comments about the papaya. Sitting here with the log window open, preparing to sip…

From the Herbal TTB

I probably should have looked at the ingredients first. Yikes. I’m not even sure which ingredients it was, but something in here just turned me off immensely. But really, why would you put hibiscus OR papaya in a Marshmallow blend? I dumped the cup. I did not like.

Cheri

Ugh. That sounds awful.

One reviewer nailed it when they noted this tea tastes like angel food cake! That is precisely the taste I get, angel food cake with fresh fruit drizzled across the top! Stepping aside from my feelings on Teavanna for the moment, I do love angel food cake with fruit so this tea was like a low blow from the corporate behemoth. I have to take off points for the added pink dye however, it disappears completely from the second steep leading me to believe it was there in the first purely for effect. Still, for a dessert tea, this is quite tasty…

I received this in the Herbal TTB today. I’ve had it before and I wanted it again! I can taste the coconut, marshmallow and a bit of cream. It’s pretty much the same as before. (Okay, that shouldn’t be a surprise!) I’m enjoying it but I’m not swooning over it. I’ve had a few other macaron teas that I have swooned over. :)

This tea has a much stronger smell than taste, which I’m fine with because the aroma is INTENSE! As other reviewers said, it smells like cake! The flavor is a little more difficult to pin down, but it’s creamy, fruity and a bit floral. It’s VERY sweet on its own, and doesn’t need any additional sweeteners (and I usually add a bit of sweetener to everything!).

Since the flavor is fairly subtle, it mixes well with more fruity teas. I tried it with a strawberry-flavored mix in the store, and it was lovely. I can imagine it would work really well with pineapple, too.

I’d recommend this tea, but for me, it’s not an everyday tea. It’s more of a late night/dessert tea that I would have every once in a while.

Flavors: Coconut, Cream, Flowers

I had a the pleasure of getting a free cup of this when I made a recent visit to Teavana to restock my favorite blend.

Anyway, it was brewed with some unknown amount of their ever-so fancy “German Rock sugar”. Generally, I prefer sweetened tea. The first sip frankly took me by surprise. The taste was crazy sweet and came in multiple complex hits. At first, you sip and get a very mild vanilla+tea flavor. Then, you taste a split second of marshmallow, which blends beautifully with vanilla… It’s all good, but then within milliseconds the taste shifts dramatically to a carmelized/maple-y flavor that I suppose is supposed to be emulating macaron. At this point, the last hit, the tea is almost sickeningly sweet. The last hit tastes quite artificial, and it lingers.

Still, it keeps you coming back for the first half of the flavor hits, especially that tiny hint of mellow marshmallow. I ended up finishing it in the end, but I definitely wouldn’t be able to drink more of it. Over the next couple of days, I sort of missed it…

3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This tea tastes like cake. Angel food cake to be exact. It does smell horrendously sweet though, which I had to get past at first. I actually had to leave the room while it was steeping because the smell was just too much for me!

But once I got past the smell, which mellows considerably once the tea is steeped, I did really enjoy this taste. It’s definitely a sometimes tea though, rather than one I would drink often. I can see how this could cure a sweet tooth in the evening, because seriously… cake.

They should have really called this Lucky Charms, but I suppose that would have breached some sort of trademark because that is exactly how this smells!

I stupidly got an ounce of this for a Starbucks Reward when it was on sale so it probably would have been more cost effective to just get myself a pricey Starbucks drink; I’ve since learned my lesson and have my sights on some of the more ridiculous priced Teavana teas in the future.

Anyway, what surprised me was how deep of a red this brewed up as. I added sweetener just in case it turned out sour, but you could probably do without. This is super creamy and marshmallow-y so I can see it being a good mixer. I’m actually enjoying my mug of it since it’s a hot beverage and I just drove home in the snow of all things (in April)!

Either way, I’d certainly pick some more of this up in the future. Just not for the moment since I am absolutely swimming in teas!

2 “perfect teaspoons” (more like 3tsp)

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
lolainred

I was going to do the same with my Starbucks Reward, but decided to use the Reward for another sample of the Jasmine Silver Needle and just buy this one myself. Definitely a bigger bang for my buck! I haven’t tried it yet, but I am very much looking forward to it!

SUPER sweet. I thought this was going to be a favorite, but after 4 cups, I am done. It is absolutely yummy, but not an everyday tea. I still have 3oz. left so if anyone would like to trade, let me know.

It’s basically like drinking a marshmallow. I am going to “recommend” it, but use caution. A small sample is more than enough.

lolainred

I’ve heard that a lot. Probably going to pick it up anyway and give it a try, but we shall see. Definitely going to get a small amount when I do.