Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls

Green Tea
Green Tea, Jasmine Flowers
Fruity, Jasmine
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Today's been a day. There have been 9 million things going on at work, all kinds of phone calls to make and customers to contact and things to follow up on and waiting for people to get back to me,...” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 307 tasting notes
  • “This has been in my cupboard for some time. For way longer than it should have been, actually. Luckily, it still tastes good! Tony & I shared a pot of it this afternoon, & he enjoyed it too. It's...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3049 tasting notes
  • “I had this last night and it's just so wonderful and calming! On a saddening note though I only have enough left for one more cup...if that! :-( oh well, I have a tin of Rishi jasmine pearls and...” Read full tasting note
    shae050 132 tasting notes
  • “Love this tea!! :) Trying to find other companies that sell "Jasmine dragon pearls" ..I really enjoy the fresh light floral taste of this tea :) Anyone recommend some good companies (trying to get...” Read full tasting note
    relitaliano 82 tasting notes

From Teavana

This exceptional tea consists of the youngest green tea leaves scented 8-10 times with fresh jasmine blossoms. After the lengthy flavoring process, the leaves are hand-rolled into the shape of a pearl. During the infusion, the pearls unfold, slowly releasing the rich and surprisingly smooth fragrance and flavor of jasmine flowers. Good for multiple infusions.

How to Prepare:
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8 oz. of water. Heat water to 175-180 degrees and steep for 2 minutes. 2 oz. of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:
Green tea buds scented with jasmine flowers and tied with jasmine blossoms.

About Teavana View company

Today’s been a day. There have been 9 million things going on at work, all kinds of phone calls to make and customers to contact and things to follow up on and waiting for people to get back to me, and I’ve been driving myself slightly mad this week thinking about all of it. Then the bloody snowstorm starts. I HATE SNOW! My dad was supposed to get home from a business trip to Dallas tonight, but he’s stuck in the airport overnight. I was supposed to visit friends this weekend, but I don’t know if that’s happening, and few things drive me crazier than plans up in the air. And when I came home from work, I took a road that’s usually safer than my normal one, but I wound up almost swerving into a ditch, then over-swerving and absolutely losing control of my car for the second time in my life, and I almost hit another car. It’s one of the only times I’ve feared for my life and it’s pretty much my fault. It turned out OK, but by the time I got home I was so upset that I started bawling as soon as I walked through the front door.

In times like these, only one tea quite satisfies.

And that is my tasting note.

Fjellrev

I sure have been reading about a lot of snowstorms lately. It’s getting crazy.

TeaKlutz

Yeah. My dad said it was getting really bad in Dallas and he’d never seen ice like that before. We live in Ohio, so that’s saying something. LORD I hate snow! >_<

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Please send me your snow! :)

Steeper of the Teas

That was a crazy awesome review, and a wonderful endorsement of said tea… If I wasn’t already addicted, I would have run off to find some at once! (As it is, I am looking towards my tea self… I think I’ll put on some tea!) I hope that one tea of yours helped? I too have turned to this tea when life got too crazy for me, it is really the best existing tea I know of for ultra calming powers. And everything else!

This has been in my cupboard for some time. For way longer than it should have been, actually. Luckily, it still tastes good! Tony & I shared a pot of it this afternoon, & he enjoyed it too. It’s not very often that I come up with a tea that we both enjoy, so maybe I’ll keep it at his house, & start making a pot of it every weekend until it’s gone. :)

I had this last night and it’s just so wonderful and calming! On a saddening note though I only have enough left for one more cup…if that! :-( oh well, I have a tin of Rishi jasmine pearls and several samples of jasmine pearls that I have tried, but none of them compare to the lovely Teavana ones! That’s ok though because I tried a sample of Adagio’s jasmine #12 pearls and if I remember correctly trey were just as good as or if not better than Teavana’s jasmine pearls… So I see this as an excuse to buy a pouch from Adagio :-D I’ll just need to order them fast since I can’t go too long without my jasmine pearls!

Love this tea!! :) Trying to find other companies that sell “Jasmine dragon pearls” ..I really enjoy the fresh light floral taste of this tea :) Anyone recommend some good companies (trying to get away from “Teavana” ..they are of medium quality , and over commercialized!!) that sell good/higher quality “Jasmine Pearls”??

DaisyChubb

Teavivre! If you haven’t already, you could ask them to send you a free sample to compare! :) http://www.teavivre.com/contacts/free_tea_tasting/

JacquelineM

I second Teavivre. Their Jasmine Pearls are amazing.

Hesper June

I currently have some Jasmine Pearls from Harney and Sons, Art of Tea and Mountain Rose Herbs.
PM me with your address and I would be happy to share samples of each tea with you:)

Relmaster

Thank you very much DaisyChubb and JacquelineM ..I sent out the free tasting/sampler request for a good Pu-Erh (still trying to narrow down a good daily Pu-erh ;) and their “jasmine pearls” ;)

Invader Zim

Teavivre definitely! Their pearls are cheaper per ounce and much more tasty than Teavana’s.

mpierce87

I haven’t had the ones from Teavivre, but the ones I’ve had from Rishi are really nice.

Invader Zim

Teavivre’s are even better than Rishi.

mpierce87

@Invader Zim ~ Thanks for the rec! Looks like I’ll be getting some from Teavivre after my tin of Rishi is done.

Thanks to Terri HarpLady for this sample!

Apparently I’ve tried it before, and I sort of have a vague memory of drinking it… but I haven’t tried this in a long time.

It’s a light jasmine flavor, with some natural sweetness to it. It’s not especially perfumey or soapy, as can often happen. It’s nice!

After reading *ScottTeaMan*’s review of a different Jasmine Pearl tea, I was suddenly craving some. Being at work, this was the only option I had available. I was recently gifted with one of the Perfect Tea Makers from Teavana, so I brewed it up in there with some nice hot filtered water. It brewed a few minutes to evoke any real flavor before drinking.

The first go around was just lovely. Exactly what I needed to suit my palette. Unfortunately, it seems that I just don’t do well with flavored and scented teas in too great of a quantity. After about half the mug, I just sort of got a weird after-taste/feeling in my mouth from the Jasmine. I’m not sure if it’s just this jasmine tea or if I’m just too used to plain teas without flavoring or scenting.

ScottTeaMan

i LIKE TO BREW THIS AT HOME WHERE i HAVE MORE CONTROL OVER THE STEEP TIME AND TEMP so I play with each element of reducing or increasing the number of pearls as well. Some Jasmines (even Jasmine pearl teas), have less Jasmine scent allowing more of the tea flavor to come through. I’m looking to purchase some of these this year. I guess my point is to not give up on them. You may find one that strikes the right balance for you. :))

Dinah Saur

I appreciate the encouragement, Scott! I’m definitely not going to give up on them! Just got to find the right balance, like you said. :)

Oddly, I loved this better then most other Jasmine scented teas. The smell is very intense, which could be off putting, but with this one I just didn’t mind. The taste is fantastic to me. You taste the Jasamine yet you can still taste the green tea underneath.

I steeped it for ??? the water was ????? hot and it still tastes great. That is why I love this tea. Its like the low maintenance girlfriend I always wanted.

Pre-Glee Tea : this was an excellent quality pearl tea! I was impressed by the flavor and passionate texture behind this luxurious tasting-rich tea. However the taste of jasmine was very present and when I say very I mean way too much. I enjoy a little bit of jasmine but this was too much. If your into jasmine and rich, heavy teas. This one is for you!

Wonderful as always. Lovely as an after dinner relaxing tea. I really do like jasmine teas. I need to try some other ones though. Start refining my palate. Only steeped for one minute, didn’t pay attention to the instructions. Need to try it at two minutes sometime.